Khmelnytsky Uprising - a new event series!

Users who are viewing this thread

Kubus002

Recruit
Azorek said:
Khmelnytsky Uprising

upcoming BATTLE

Battle of Korsuń

16 june AD 2018

[size=13pt]Bohdan Khmelnytsky was a member of  cossack nobility. He was a Polish noble as well and he had his own manor estate. Another Polish noble, Czapliński, took by force Khmelnytsky's land which was given to him by dead hetman Stanisław Koniecpolski. Czapliński seduced Khmelnytsky's wife and he tried to kill Khmelnytsky and his son. Khmelnytsky didn't find justice neither in Polish tribunals nor in the Polish king. Because of that he decided to revolt in the name of justice.

Event form:

Battles (events) are organised on Saturday or Sunday at 19:00 GMT +1 (e.g. polish time, german, french, but not english).
The event is organised once every 1,5 month.

This will be battle with the plot
We'll perform a fictional fight based on history, made up partially to make it more interesting. We'll prepare a special map for each event.

Rules

Unit categories

1. Heavy cavalry - required to use close formation, as far as it's possible
16+net.jpg

Commonwealth – Winged Hussars, Cossack Style Cavalry

2. Light Cavalry - loose formation, suggested harassment tactic, able to use bows etc.
images

Commonwealth – Light Cavalryman
Cossacks – entire cavalry
Tartars – entire cavalry

3. Reiters - suggested caracole or heavy cavalry formation for close combat
SWedish+cavalryman+1676+Battle+Lund+bis.jpg

Commonwealth – Reiters

4. Line infantry + pikemen - bound to historically accurate formations (could be loose, but please don't spread too much), fire in charge is NOT allowed exept for pistols .
Officer can deploy as many pikemen as he wants, pikemen should be part of formation and are allowed to leave it only to fight in meele (e.g. for direct charge or defending whole squad from cavalry rush).
They should support the rest of the infantry in melee. If regiment has at least 15 people, they can deploy one engineer.
Only engineer may use the shovel and build trenches. The line infantry may use covers as long as they keep formation while hiding and it's not unstructured skirmish.
They can't move using a wagon!

Screenshots showing correct and wrong behaviour of line inf: 

ilvys85.jpg
ovFxwko.jpg

ITQ8iiW.jpg
98KCoz7.jpg

XUANrZm.jpg
MCRpbMu.jpg

CFQZlr8.jpg
2BuzPOV.jpg

DHPI9mk.jpg
kgjTQwP.jpg

Thirty+year+war.jpg

Commonwealth: Haiduk, Mercenary infantry
Cossacks: registered cossack infantry, cossack infantryman, cossack peasant, mercenary infantry (guard)
Tatars: Kapikulu guardmen

5. Light infantry - skirmish, fire allowed anytime and able to use all possible covers.They can also take the wagon and shoot while driving it
639921,273135,9.jpg

Cossacks – Rezun, Cossack infantryman,
Tartars – Segban, Kazindzi
Commonwealth = Dragoons

6. Dragoons - infantry which use cheap horses to deploy quickly on the battlefield, have to dismount before fighting (both melee and shooting).
They are light infantry when they are dismounted.
They can also take the wagon and shoot while driving it.
tatdragon.jpg

Commonwealth = Dragoons

7. Artillery - contain 3 engineers and officer, all mounted, engineers can fortify their position. They can use a wagon for quick and safe transport.

Wagons  - allowed ONLY for artillery, dragoons or light infantry. Used for cover. Soldiers are allowed to fire when a wagon is moving.

Ensign/Standard-bearer - 1 per squad, optional. Gives +20% bonus to accelerate, defence, accuracy and reload speed.

Officer - 1 per squad, mounted or dismounted.

The rules were written by Czeremis

Organisation issues

-Every event member (every player) has to be on the same teamspeak to make communication between regiments easier.
-3 generals during battle, one for Commonwealth, one for Cossacks, one for Tatars.
- Regiments and random players can sign up for this event only here. The topic will be kept up-to-date. Units possible to choose will be published later.

SIGNING UP

Clans/Regiments:​

Code:
1. Name.
2. Aproximate amount of ppl.
3. Preferred factions and units.
4. Non-preferred factions and units.
5. Are you able to deploy artillery occasionally?
6. Leader’s contact, Steam/TS
7. Banner in game

"Lonely wolves":

Code:
1. Nick
2. Confirm that you will use TS and obey your commander.
3. Preferred language group, Polish/English/others?
4. Would you like to play as artillery from time to time?

Please post the applications in this topic

Clans/Regiments signed up

[size=18pt]Upcoming Event 16.06.2018 

16 june AD 2018 at 19:00 GMT +1

Some more imortant issues:

- At first we wanted to try to make an event only for Polish clans but we changed our mind eventually.
- Because of that, for this event 150 players more less are signed up.
- It's possible that we'll make a second edition of this event.
- I (Kubus002) usually log in on steam at 19:00. If you want to join an event server earlier add another organiser to steam friends.
- We didn't find tatar commander yet.

There is no official list of roles. I write down list of clans that signed up to on the polish m&b forum and everything organisors told me when I was talking with them on teamspeak.

List of clans:
SI and Hakkapeliter
ChR
ChK (they’ll go to Cossacks)
Galloglaigh and ChL (they’ll go to Poland)
GoN
PI
ChM
HITMEN (they’ll probably go to Tatar cavalry)

Jasiu (commander of ChK) will be Cossacks leader
Kubus002 will be Commonwealth leader
We don’t have Tatar leader but one organisor wanted to ask Filcefix (hitmen commander) if he wanted to be one.

As far as I remember the event will be divided to 3 phases.
It is possible that only regiment commanders will gather on one teamspeak.

1. Name: The Crabats
2. Aproximate amount of people: 40
3. Preferred factions and units: We will do any faction the hosters need us to, however we'd like to request to be line + pikes with 20-25 men, and light infantry with 10-15 men. We don't want to split up into smaller groups/roles, if possible. Basically we're two groups(20-25, and 10-15), and would like to fill roles accordingly.
4. Non-preferred factions and units: Not artillery(unless 10-15 spots are available)
5. Are you able to deploy artillery occasionally?: Read above.
6. Leader’s contact, Steam/TS:
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/markalone/
Teamspeak: ts3.badnamestudios.com
7. Banner in game: It's a locked banner, screenshot under.
CD66ABC06FD91CADD82878791AA2DFCE375C0AC7

Some more details about the event:

Team leaders are asked to be on teamspeak 30 min before the event.

Phase 1

Domination

Commonwealth: ChK, Crabats, PI, ChR (infantry)

Cossacks: SI+Hakka, ChM, Galloglaigh+ChL, GoN (infantry)

Phase 2

Battle

Commonwealth: ChK (hussars) Crabats (cossack style cavalry) PI (line infantry and artillery)
Cossacks: SI+Hakka, ChM, Galloglaigh+ChL, GoN, ChR (infantry)

Phase 3

Siege

Commonwealth: ChK, Crabats, PI (infantry)
Tatars: Gon, ChR (cavalry) SI+Hakka, ChM, Galloglaigh+ChL (infantry)

See you on battlefield lads! :grin:

If any regiment is willing to participate in such event, write it down here.
We'll consider repeating this event or we'll let you participate in the next one. :wink:

Looking forward to this very much!

One of the last times the Crabats played Deluge(2016):
9EA67D20853C06D61ABB0064755CF0E107545BF0

Now our new banner will be put to use  :smile:
CD66ABC06FD91CADD82878791AA2DFCE375C0AC7

Well, there's a lot to be said about this event.

First of all, thanks to the organization and the scene designers for taking out their time to organize this. Deluge is one of my favourite mods, and we certainly used to love coming to events. However, since you wrote this will be a 'series', I feel the need to go out of my way and point out a tonne of things that went wrong today. Don't take this as hate or ungratefulness, I just believe this can be improved(a lot) and lead to better, and more enjoyable events in the future for everyone.

1. There was no meeting, or if there was - we were not invited to one.
I was told there is going to be a meeting 30 minutes before the event where would ideally be introduced to the different stages, set up whispers, and understand the event goal. There was no such thing, even though I asked repeatedly whether this was going to happen.

The result - I didn't even know who was 'commanding' us via the whisper, nor did my second group and thus we were unable to configure this mid event and return feedback. We did not know in advance approximately how many rounds of each stage will be played, nor how will it work out. I had quite a few people quit during stage 1(Domination), it was honestly one of the worst rounds in Deluge I've ever played, but we'll come to that later. A lot of important things went wrong because of lack of this meeting, multi stage historical events like this are hard to organize, especially when you don't notify the clan leaders of what you want them to do.

2. Gamemodes and rules
The 3rd(final) Siege was relatively okay, and the second stage had some flashes of fun when we weren't standing around waiting to charge head on into a wall of pikes..

The Domination stage though, oh boy. It would have maybe, maybe went well if there was literally any group in the entire server abiding by the formation rules. At most moments it seemed like we were the only ones even trying to set up pike and musket formations on the server. It was a cluster of absolute chaos, and after the Poland - Commonwealth team got pinned into their spawn there was no way out. This may be either due to poor clan discipline on both teams, or maybe the gamemode isn't suitable for this type of event. The rest of the event would've maybe felt good if this first round didn't set such a bad mood in the entire clan, but it was extremely frustrating.

Not to mention we were getting called out by the administration, and the players in the server unnecessarily for 'not following instructions' when most of the time we were quite literally the only ones following them. I can provide a full 80 minute video footage from our POV, where you can listen to and watch the orders being given(There was a lot of frustration about the orders which we often did not agree with, but they were always carried out).

3. Language and communication in general
At one point in the event, all the server announcements were done completely in Polish, thankfully I could understand the keywords due to also being a Slav, but this seriously wasn't right. If you already decided to post here, in the English forum, that you are going to organize an event and invited international clans - make sure they can understand what's happening.

Communication in general as I mentioned in 1. was terrible, you should thank Snorri for contacting me a few days before the event, if he did not do that we would have been even more out of the loop. We didn't really feel part of the scenario at all.

4. Teamspeak
If you want to force people to be on one teamspeak, please get the necessary amount of slots first. It wasn't really a problem to move back and forth, but I did tell the hosters we won't fit and would prefer to stay on our own. Not a big annoyance, and can be fixed for next edition of the event.

To conclude, it's great that you're trying to host events, and I applaud that.

However, this event was, for us at least, a terrible experience and it feels really bad bringing 40+ people into an event which most people just kind of went through asking when is it going to end already. Especially since we have wonderful, wonderful memories from the historical events hosted by Czeremis and Zbaraski, as well as the Sunday events hosted by Jacmob and Radius. You should look up to them more.

Best regards

Uhm....well. Unfortunately this thread just has been opened 5 days before the event?

Damnit. I wasn't aware of this event at all, nobody told me. Otherwise I would have brought the Landsknechte aswell.
Someone one mind telling me next time, pretty please? :smile:

Marko and Crabats players, sorry for the incovenience. Although I'm not a boss when it comes to organisation of these events, I'll make my best to avoid mistakes you mentioned. Still I'd like to refer to your post to make some points clearer.

1. It is true that there was no organisation meeting. Next time I'll try to set every single little thing with organisers and we'll present it at the meeting to make everything clear.
2. I'm sorry that Jasiu, ChK commander talked to you in Polish. I was told he knew English. Maybe he forgot that you are English speaking clan.
3. Teamspeak issue. Before the event I told organisers that 150 slots won't be enough and it will be better to let Crabats stay on they private TS because there are 40 of them. I heard "There will be less than 150 participants for sure. Invite Crabats." :/
4. You need to know that Polish players are less familiar with formations. I would even say that there are "formation haters' among us. This is why some of us move in chaos sometimes, especially in domination mode. Still when it comes to more roleplay event parts (2nd one, battle) I'll do my best to keep every clan in formation next time.
5. Because of 4 some of us focused on capturing points rather than maintaining formation. Still I told cossack regiment leaders to move in regiment groups and formations as far as it's possible. Next time I'll propose organisers to make domination parts at the end as parts when strict order is not required.
6. The funny thing is Polish leaders hated siege part the most. They didn't complain much about domination part. I find the difference in your and their opinion interesting. :wink:

As I wrote I promise to keep a eye on the next event. Still remember I'm not the boss so I can't make organisers do everything as I would prefer.

Hope to see you on the next event :wink:

Ragnar, sing up your time as quick as you can. Unfortunately I suspect we'll need 2 months to prepare next event.
I can let you know by steam about next event when the date will be fixed if you want to. :wink:

Thanks everybody for your presence :grin: Although there were some incovenience I hope you liked the event.

Here you have some quite nice screenshoths:

1BC95F7B506DD89044FAB2BBED62A733D03160B4
663C70269494624A0E5CEB4EC2AFB5466F5A7775
EF61503078F17016E23E1828CD06EC91EAD6F781
926D3E7E22D50C500FAE1E359DD89D2AC884EF7C

Even though I missed the actual event itself I am happy to see those screenshots of the glorious Crabats! Hopefully I can attend the next event (hopefully not too long away!) and join my fellow Crabats in combat  :party:

Thanks for taking our feedback into consideration. We'll definetly try to make the next event, although getting 40 people again may prove difficult.

Here's material from the event:
20897B49AFFF1C3445C312F30D2A350EF97CDFA3

Screenshots(mine and others')
48700_20180429193845_1.png
C3F8D993142DCBD88B563B24C291C3498618618A
892092FD86FA732881E9B7D9A4428A40F0D26AB7
7F3F15527C4BFC09CAF5C1F3C86B1AE8F29DB0B2
049B37E60A1FBF8EBA6A5108461B9F90798B89B6
C9CF611E7EDB7BEBA705CA73DD0EBAF37D3942A0
35F507C24D33D2F3B50E1A1B2BC00C8958C3C09D
0B5C37C23C81302BFBE570BFCEB8705093D34C63

And a short clip by Kinghaas, where you can watch me tell people to 'not die', kill some people and retreat...and then I proceed to catch a cannonball with my hands  :lol:

The new upcoming event: Battle of Korsuń

at 19:00 GMT +1

Every clan/regiment is required to confirm their presence on the event here.

Back
Top Bottom