[WBL] Qualifiers & Fixtures [Round 1 & 2] | Start: 30/04 Deadline: 06/05

Users who are viewing this thread

WarhammerR said:
The thing is tournament with this format sucks in current state of scene. Tbh you could kick out 2-4 seed teams and begin semis instantly(1st seed teams are the best anyway so rest is irrelevant). When we should focus on keeping any fresh blood left in community interested we threat them like a cannon meat. WOW THERE IS A TOURNEY I GOT SMASHED IN FIRST ROUND 12-0 AND IM OUT ALREADY WHAT A GREAT GAME LETS WAIT ANOTHER MONTH OR MORE FOR NEXT ONE
. We are forgetting there are actually people that play this game for fun and they would like to play with teams on equal level. Maybe that's why divisions system was so great(league is fine aswell, both have their adventages). Teams played against opponents on similiar level and we had close matches each week. When you seed clans like this you could put them into divisions aswell. its same ****. We don't play for money or anything so we should think about experience of every team entering tournament.

I know it's probably too late to change anything now, but I hope admins of future tournaments will keep this in mind.

(Perma)-League-System  :party: :party: :party:

Lets get 24 teams and the use the format Nexoner had in Minor League. That would give every team the chance to at least play 3 matches.

We are a new clan. We thought that it might be necessary to give battle to a strong detachment at the beginning, but we are not afraid of difficulties and we will fight whoever would not come out against us.

Nexoner said:
At the end of first elimination, this competition absolutely may separate to Major line and Minor line.

We can run a lower bracket for the teams that do not get past qualifiers.

Then again, the tournament would be longer.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, this thread isn't for posting match results. There will be 2 separated threads posted once the tournament starts (30th of April).

Lower bracket would be cool for teams that get knocked out before semi finals so they can play more matches than 1/2, could run alongside the upper bracket and at most i think would only take a week longer if that.

DuckTheMean said:
Lower bracket would be cool for teams that get knocked out before semi finals so they can play more matches than 1/2, could run alongside the upper bracket and at most i think would only take a week longer if that.

last time someone suggested a lower bracket the tournament took over 4 months. no thanks and good bye, Sir! :dead:

Yoru said:
DuckTheMean said:

last time someone suggested a lower bracket the tournament took over 4 months. no thanks and good bye, Sir! :dead:

Lower bracket is only viable if people is willing to play 2 matches per week(or at least for some weeks), to keep it short.

Thing which is not possible in this competitive community because most teams prefer to do 2-4+ scrims + 1 official per week :facepalm:

WolfpackRaven said:
Wolfpack will be dropping out of the tournament. As such we will be handing over a default win to Knights of Malta.
Really sad to hear, although not surprising considering how some of the issues were handled. Maybe there is the possibility of some other team stepping in so we can at least have a match?

Fietta said:
WolfpackRaven said:
Wolfpack will be dropping out of the tournament. As such we will be handing over a default win to Knights of Malta.

I hope that's not because of the anubis situation.

We actually haven’t been told a reason. From what I know, the first reason was MOSS, but that does not affect Wolfpack anymore. I am curious also...

Back
Top Bottom