[WBL] Qualifiers & Fixtures [Round 1 & 2] | Start: 30/04 Deadline: 06/05

Users who are viewing this thread

๖Kern

Grandmaster Knight
7OBsWAb.png

QUALIFIERS & FIXTURES

ROUND 1 & 2

Here you can find Fixtures for WBL qualifiers - 4 teams that eliminate their opponents in both of the qualifiers round will continue to knock-out stage of the tournament.
Every match in qualifiers is single-elimination.

MAP FIXTURES:

Round 1
River Village - Sarranids vs Rhodoks & San'di'boush - Nords vs Vaegirs

Round 2
Verloren - Swadia vs Sarranids & Castellum - Nords vs Swadia

BRACKET:

a9RJUWi.png

DEADLINE FOR ROUND 1&2: 6th of May.

What a lucky coincidence, that none of top teams face each other in 1st and 2nd round (except maybe Unity-Wonwokie)  :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Anyway, good luck to everyone :smile:

Ciiges said:
That's on purpose, it'd be stupid if for example lets say FT knocked Unity out in round one and we'd face Balestra in finals...

I do think however that there should be some switching around.
Then why does ruleset say that Qualifiers are completely randomized, if it's not?

Volshen said:
What a lucky coincidence, that none of top teams face each other in 1st and 2nd round (except maybe Unity-Wonwokie)  :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

I agree that it's sad to do this to make sure that the finals will actually be good. The worst part is that the 'lesser' teams get knocked out straight away and people want to encourage new players and help new teams grow when they just shove them against a top team in round 1. I'm wondering if the underlying meaning of 'blitz' is how quick new clans disband. Randomised qualifiers should be recorded, then again, who knows if the recording is rigged or not?

After looking at the bracket again, it looks like every quarter of it has 1 top team, 1 complete underdog and 2 decent teams. Were you really that lucky to get it from 1st try?  :shifty:

Volshen said:
After looking at the bracket again, it looks like every quarter of it has 1 top team, 1 complete underdog and 2 decent teams. Were you really that lucky to get it from 1st try?  :shifty:
Ur right, I didn't realise the rules stated randomise but it does.
Should be a redo which is compeltely random.

Ciiges said:
That's on purpose, it'd be stupid if for example lets say FT knocked Unity out in round one and we'd face Balestra in finals...

I do think however that there should be some switching around.

I'd like a completely random redraw that would be nice, stop some teams getting stomped in 1st round. If smaller teams always get stomped in every tourney they wont stay in warband for long.

Ciiges said:
Volshen said:
Ur right, I didn't realise the rules stated randomise but it does.
Should be a redo which is compeltely random.

This tournament is more serious, seems like its supposed to create a better finals and semi-finals etc... rather than no offence not so good teams getting to the semi or quarters without deserving it.

The next tournament can cater for all players of all skill levels but this one should be fine, it is short anyway right? so after the 5 weeks we can host another more 'fun' tourney.

Apollo~ said:
This tournament is more serious, seems like its supposed to create a better finals and semi-finals etc... rather than no offence not so good teams getting to the semi or quarters without deserving it.

The next tournament can cater for all players of all skill levels but this one should be fine, it is short anyway right? so after the 5 weeks we can host another more 'fun' tourney.
Which is a perfectly fair statement, HOWEVER, All teams signed up under the curernt rule-format, which clearly states: "1.) Warband Blitz League consists of randomised qualifiers and KO stage." meaning that even if good teams get knocked out, everyone agreed to it by signing up.

If you wanted to be sure that top teams don't face each other before semi-final, then you could have made a 24 teams tournament (if i'm not mistaken, it was possible to get that number of teams), and have 8 top seeded teams go straight into 2nd round. That way most new teams would at least have 2 matches played.
Or have a double elimination. But I doubt ppl here like it  :smile:

Apollo~ said:

I doubt anyone consider this tournament WNL or ECS level.

Fietta said:
Volshen said:

I agree that it's sad to do this to make sure that the finals will actually be good. The worst part is that the 'lesser' teams get knocked out straight away and people want to encourage new players and help new teams grow when they just shove them against a top team in round 1. I'm wondering if the underlying meaning of 'blitz' is how quick new clans disband. Randomised qualifiers should be recorded, then again, who knows if the recording is rigged or not?
That's why it should be streamed rather than recorded.
On top of that being only fair way of randomizing fixtures, it also creates positive hype if done correctly.

I am very sorry for the misunderstanding that happened here. Let me clear this out.

The formatting of the rule should have been changed before, but I forgot, which is my mistake. - Every team has been seeded and put in brackets according to usual rules i.e. 1st against last etc.

I understand why you are upset, but sadly, letting the brackets to be randomised would be very unpleasant, having newbie teams on 1 side of the bracket and 4 high-tier teams on another one would make KO-stage very painful to both - play and watch.

๖Kern said:
I am very sorry for the misunderstanding that happened here. Let me clear this out.

The formatting of the rule should have been changed before, but I forgot, which is my mistake. - Every team has been seeded and put in brackets according to usual rules i.e. 1st against last etc.

I understand why you are upset, but sadly, letting the brackets to be randomised would be very unpleasant, having newbie teams on 1 side of the bracket and 4 high-tier teams on another one would make KO-stage very painful to both - play and watch.

++ definitely better this way but you should have made it clear that it would be done this way before the bracket was made

The thing is tournament with this format sucks in current state of scene. Tbh you could kick out 2-4 seed teams and begin semis instantly(1st seed teams are the best anyway so rest is irrelevant). When we should focus on keeping any fresh blood left in community interested we threat them like a cannon meat. WOW THERE IS A TOURNEY I GOT SMASHED IN FIRST ROUND 12-0 AND IM OUT ALREADY WHAT A GREAT GAME LETS WAIT ANOTHER MONTH OR MORE FOR NEXT ONE
. We are forgetting there are actually people that play this game for fun and they would like to play with teams on equal level. Maybe that's why divisions system was so great(league is fine aswell, both have their adventages). Teams played against opponents on similiar level and we had close matches each week. When you seed clans like this you could put them into divisions aswell. its same ****. We don't play for money or anything so we should think about experience of every team entering tournament.

I know it's probably too late to change anything now, but I hope admins of future tournaments will keep this in mind.

Back
Top Bottom