[WBL] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

PhantomMaB said:
Fietta said:
It's not confirmed that maximou installed cheats, that's a complete lie, what's confirmed is that he didn't know how to install them lmao. If there's no anti-cheat then it's extremely hard to catch cheaters. Anti-cheat isn't the problem, it's how the current method we have has extreme privacy issues.

EDIT: I'm currently researching the best way for encryption so it removes the security issue, however, the privacy issue will still persist.
Just don't tab out, f***ing simple.

Ok uneducated brat.

HKP said:
Maximou did admit to downloading and running them though.
The only reason to do this is planing to actually use this? I don't see why you need anything else.

He can't run something he couldn't install. His intentions were probably malicious though, I agree with that.

Greedalicious said:
I can make a long post responding to you Alecks but its pointless, I wrote 2-3 versions of disproving it but editing it properly ect is just not worth the time anymore.
I'll just write this.
The statistics you posted isnt enough to prove anything, there isnt enough information here to determine statistically that hes cheating nor is there enough transparency in how the data was collected. Playstyles in archery matters here, how often they play siege, even their builds in Mercs, many variables. 38 % accuracy for a top archer on siege is really low I'm actually shocked by this.

You're admitting to how similar the gameplay is before and after his ban. We'll wait and see how this all progresses, and my past with cheaters is aggressive free and anyone is welcome to look it up, I stand by it then as I stand by this now.
2 weeks of watching a player and the only proof is circumstantial and combines to less than 10 seconds of footage. Watch footage from his own perspective and make up your own opinions.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC98ousqtFAOSdhjNxsRfJFw/videos

My intention was to contest the "100 % certain he cheats" statement and with this I did.

Well don't be so shocked, just think about how many kills can you make with 10 arrows, you can ask ANY top archer and ask them how many hits do they land in average throughout a day, oh, and the data is across all servers, NOT just siege, really nice to see that you read the post properly... Also funny that you try to disprove how data was gathered when I don't give two sh*ts about Anubis as a person, didn't know him before this hapenned and even after he treated me like sh*t throughout the process I still don't give a crap about him, so what reasonings, according to what it looks you're trying to convey, I have to lie about him. That's actually pathetic. The only reason I'm willing to give out my time to explain WHY and HOW Anubis was caught is for the benefit of the community. Nothing else, YOU SPECIFICALLY asked for these statistics along the rest of the stuff in the first place to now act, like, Oh! I can't be bothered..

Again, you read whatever you want, I SPECIFICALLY SAID, "similar-ish" behaviour but not only looked a bit forced but things he was able to hit before with ease now he was constantly missing., Yeah, he had high sensitivity, (Even though his WFAS pal, when trying to convince me that he wasn't cheating with STRONK FACTS!! said he used low sensitivity and mouse acceleration which is probably the worst feature invented for mouses and games ever) and yeah he tried to do flicks, thats about "similar-ish" and it got, none of the past shooting behaviours were there, and again, it looked extremely forced because they weren't normal ones, he was constantly dragging his mouse from side to side of the screen without enemies as if he thought that would replicate how the flicks looked from the outside. Also good to know that you decided to ignore my points where I dealt with your arguments that "disproved" how the Anubis is cheating in 100% situation and some of the videos. Suit yourself.

And christ sake, we don't need to record everything, because in the first place, not all the admins are able to nor they want, most of the sessions that we was being watched were coordinated ones, meaning there would be at least 4-5 of us in the server watching him at the same time, and the recordings are from situations where only me or other admins were present, so that we could discuss that stuff aswell, not hard to understand.  And yeah, watch Anubis do medium-high tier shots, WHEN he's not cheating. Make up your own opinion, like (just in case you take it badly Matt, you know I love you XOXO) I've seen Matt do the same **** in Native, even better, this is literally nothing that we haven't seen yet, its not like Anubis has shook up the scene by overperforming and everyone is like WHOAH What a beast! Wonder why Matt hasn't been banned in Mercs nor reported despite having good scores most of the time? Oh yeah that's right. And again, this is supposed to impress me? Because it doesn't look similar to what we saw nor it's overperforming. So I don't see a reason why anyone should "make up their opinions" when watching to these videos.

But hey, enjoy Anubis's "personality" for Wolfpack, as far as I know he doesn't speak, barely knows english and when is confronted prefers to insult and act egocentrically rather than talk sh*t out. Good to know you have that mentality for recruiting, AE must be jelly!!!

sorry to bust ur bubble alecks but anubis cant be a cheater cus hes on wolfpack

so we allow players to play that clearly tried to cheat just because they didn't manage to get it done

also you don't know if he fixed the problem or whatever, you say that basing on the fact that he posted having problems might have been fixed

HKP said:
so we allow players to play that clearly tried to cheat just because they didn't manage to get it done

also you don't know if he fixed the problem or whatever, you say that basing on the fact that he posted having problems might have been fixed

Exactly, which is why he's being allowed to play IF he records his matches or use MOSS, as there's not enough evidence to prove he's using it or not. If he's found to be cheating from the first round than he'll be banned and his team would probably have to do a rematch without maximou, so the only thing you're losing is time.

Fietta said:
HKP said:

Exactly, which is why he's being allowed to play IF he records his matches or use MOSS, as there's not enough evidence to prove he's using it or not. If he's found to be cheating from the first round than he'll be banned and his team would probably have to do a rematch without maximou, so the only thing you're losing is time.
Well, now we can finally all agree that moss will prevent cheaters!

Ciiges said:
Fietta said:
HKP said:

Well, now we can finally all agree that moss will prevent cheaters!

No one has ever said that MOSS wouldn't prevent cheaters, no one's ever been worried about the veracity of MOSS, that's not the reason people aren't using it.

I've used moss a few times now, none of these times any private info was leaked, and none of these times anyone has seen any of my files because I haven't uploaded them yet.

So shortly: 
1) Moss prevents cheaters
2) It's easy to use and easy not to spill any info
3) If you check the screenshots made after you're done with your official, and DO notice any vital private info, it's still your choice whether to upload the file or not. Not doing so may result in a warning or ban, but if you know you're not a suspected cheater and you've got a good reason why you wouldn't upload your file, I'm sure the admins can make a small exception (if this were to happen rarely). If this happened regularly, it's your own fault for not being able to hide private info during an official match.

Ciiges said:

No, it doesn't. It sets up a barrier that makes it harder to cheat. A cheater with enough determination and some scripting experience/money can still bypass the system.

'none of these times anyone has seen any of my files because I haven't uploaded them yet' That's what you think.

'I've used moss a few times now, none of these times any private info was leaked' Few times out of the 100s of people who will be using it.

You're make assumptions quickly after using it 5 times. You're saying if I don't upload it then I could face a ban. If I'm able to check my files (without them going corrupt) and I see that it has a screenshot of my facebook, regardless of all the private information, I'll still HAVE to upload it to continue to play in the tournament. People who keep saying it's their choice is naive.

Can I review the screenshots before uploading them? It said in earlier posts and on the website "Do not tamper with the ZIP folder created, this will result in corruption of file" and I figuered that included opening and unziping the screenshots.

Moss prevents wallhack and any form of visual changes, it helps us detect suspicious files that are in task manager that may be an injectable and puts up a considerable barrier for cheat-makers. it's being used in ESL CS-GO, ESL Rainbow 6 siege and has considerably brought down cheaters to a minor level, where only paid programmers create cheats for professional teams. Is anyone being paid in warband? No. Moss prevents cheaters.

I'll repeat what I said to Watly in personal chat, which eventually represents my opinion on MOSS and its use.

There's hardly a hacker that would try to steal a MOSS file for a slight chance of getting some personal screenshots out of it. It's not that simple as it looks when Fietta talks about it in the original MOSS thread and it requires knowledge and experience. I'd call it ridiculous, BUT I do not deny the fact that there's a possibility of this happening, I just believe it's negligible, either way, the best should be done for the MOSS to be as secure as possible. I've been asked if even the small risk is worth it - I don't know and I can't tell.

Finally, MOSS will never be an effective measure against cheating if it isn't forced upon everyone and even then, there are ways to go around it which, ultimately, are there with every anti-cheat software.

OurGloriousLeader said:
Watly said:
Ciiges said:

No, it doesn't. It sets up a barrier that makes it harder to cheat.

Perfect anti-cheat is impossible, what you're saying is so obvious that pointing it out is utterly futile. "making it harder to cheat" is the goal of all anti-cheat.

Exactly, it is incredibly obvious. Nevertheless, misleading statements such as "Moss prevents cheaters" are made, so it seems people need a reminder.

Watly said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
Watly said:
Ciiges said:

No, it doesn't. It sets up a barrier that makes it harder to cheat.

Perfect anti-cheat is impossible, what you're saying is so obvious that pointing it out is utterly futile. "making it harder to cheat" is the goal of all anti-cheat.

Exactly, it is incredibly obvious. Nevertheless, misleading statements such as "Moss prevents cheaters" are made, so it seems people need a reminder.
It does prevent cheaters, most people wouldn't think of cheating anymore if there is a chance of getting caught. Yes there are those who will still cheat, but it does prevent cheating to some degree, which makes it a perfectly fair statement.

Your statement "Moss prevents cheaters" implies that cheaters will no longer occur with the implementation of Moss. This is misleading, as you mean "Moss prevents cheaters to some degree."

Considering how piss poor easy it is to cheat in warband, MOSS (or another form of anit-cheat) would actually prevent most of the current cheats. As mentioned before, there is never a fool-proof anti-cheat, just like you can't 100 percent stop hackers or spambots.

It is always a question of time investment, if you can make it more time consuming and difficult to do X, less people will do it.
The time it takes to use MOSS as a player, is considerably less time than it would take to make/buy/get a cheat that would bypass it.

Back
Top Bottom