Author Topic: [WBL] Questions & Suggestions  (Read 7338 times)

Rey_

• I<3Dingleberries
  • Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBM&BWF&SNW
Re: [WBL] Questions & Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 06:28:18 PM »
i don’t really want to bring up that discussion again, but realistically if you’re giving a person, who is known to have actually communicated on a cheaters’ forum and has been acting fishy multiple times, was temporarily banned from tournaments due to suspected cheating a chance to play while you ban another player based on some laggy gifs that almost look like a slideshow, then it just doesn’t make any sense.

If you’re banning one, ban another, since they both are pretty much in the same **** in regards to any suspiciouns.

Saying that “We are 99% sure” still means that you might be wrong. Just give him a chance. You don’t have to be soft about your future decisions when it comes to him, as a matter of fact, I would ban even for smallest misbehavior, but you won’t lose anything from it. You will either prove that he is cheating and ban immediately or you will perhaps see that you were wrong
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:30:20 PM by 🐝 Rey »

Greedalicious

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Twitter - Wolfpack_Greed
    • Twitch.tv - Greedalicious
    • View Profile
    • The Wolfpack site
  • MP nick: Wolfpack_Greedalicious
  • WB
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 06:57:29 PM »
Why wouldn’t you allow Anubis record 3-4 sets of each match? I do not see any harm in him playing if he can provide you with full recording of his gameplay.

Just make it sctrict: Any video editing, failure to upload recordings in timely manner will result in a full time ban.

Just give a man way to actually show that he might not be as guilty as people think he is. Nothing wrong with giving a chance while being extra careful

We've actually thought about that as a first outcome. Thing is, that we are 99% sure he is guilty. We've been given a lot of information from Alecks and Menethil also agreed that the gifs provided clearly show he is cheating. Even if he wouldn't use the aimbot he has, I am fairly sure that the only current (and paid) cheat also has Wallhack implemented. The only thing that would lift the suspension would be implementing a client sided anti-cheat that would help with detecting 3rd party software, this thing is actually doable but it will probably be widely undesirable.
Bullshit. First of all theres no way he can cheat while recording his footage, anyone would be able to tell. What information could you POSSIBLE have that gives you a 99% certainty?
The gifs show nothing, the video showed nothing, "dropping in kd shows NOTHING! Oh yeah still waiting for that copy paste I was promised 3-4 days ago, unless it has a signed confession theres no way you have proof of aimbot. Look at what an actual archer has to say about them instead. My post about it:
(click to show/hide)

Thanks for not talking to me about this at all btw and leaving me entirely in the dark until I read the forum. Best way to find out one of my players have been banned. The **** disrespect....
Before someone says Oh buhu greed ur not giving any alternatives tho well here it is
Anubis records every match every set he plays and makes it public. I never liked us uploading our official matches but obviously he would have to. Not just for this tournament but until people are satisfied hes not cheating however long that would be.

Agree with Rey, if after everything you still think hes cheating go ahead do whatever, once hes proven innocent you'll be happy you gave him a fair chance.

๖Kern

• Desires Rhade
    • Steam - KvotheSvK
    • View Profile
    • Nothing
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: Kern / Eduard
  • WBNW
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 07:20:18 PM »

I talked to Anubis about the situation before. I even tried to contact you, I wasn't given any response if I remember correctly. Since then, I was able to contact Alecks, Rainbow and Menethil, the only one who said that Anubis may be innocent is Rainbow (who's opinion I highly appreciate), yet, you keep saying that the gifs are no proof whatsoever and you defend him with words "this is how he plays."
He didn't record before he was accused of cheating, did he? So it is irrelevant to the case right now.

Yet, we can see a nice lock-on and then, when Anchor dies, Anubis INSTANTLY flicks to the left to another guy. It's a perfect, straight and instant flick to the left.

(click to show/hide)

Laggy camera movement (which is a very common bug with aimbots), to reproduce this, you would actually have to shake your mouse to different sides in a very short period of time. There is no way he does that even with high sensitivity, especially if he is used to that.

Another lock-on.

(click to show/hide)

Hell, I can go and buy an aimbot just to showcase you how obvious evidence this is.

EDIT: If you want to see these fluently, copy the link and just put .mp4 instead of .gif.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 07:39:38 PM by ๖Kern »

HKP

• Master Knight
  • ㅇㅅㅇ
    • Steam - honigkp/
    • View Profile
    • poi~
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 07:31:32 PM »
good decisions  :party:
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ AS I HOLD THE SAMURAI SWORD TO MY STOMACH AS I WAS ABOUT TO COMMIT SUDOKU I WATCH MATT PLAY WARBAND.. I REMEMBER A TIME WHEN MATT WAS A NOLIFE, NOW I AM A NOLIFE... GOOD BYE MATT ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
Quote from: DaRedViper
I guess leaving warband damages my terrorist career in a major way

Surkan

• Baron
    • Steam - surkans
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Surkan
  • WBNW
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 07:32:04 PM »
I support Kern's decision

12:24 - Arni: ur not actually even ugly
12:24 - Arni: and im not gay

Greedalicious

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
    • The Wolfpack site
  • WB
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 07:40:05 PM »
I answered.
None of the cavs he was aiming for died. He switched to aim for a horse standing still, and the gif doesnt show wether or not he even hit the target... Every archer in the world would stop tracking a cav at a long distance to shoot a standstill target.
If everyone who hasnt been recording their gameplay before they get accused are suspicious then most players are doomed.

I have to shake my mouse to wake it up because it looses connection. Laggy camera movement cant be used as proof of anything either. Was he asked if he could re create it?

Simply moving your mouse doesnt mean lock-on, hes shooting at medium range from above, and the gif again doesnt show him releasing his arrows so we dont even know if they hit anything.

๖Kern

• Desires Rhade
    • Steam - KvotheSvK
    • View Profile
    • Nothing
  • WBNW
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2018, 08:02:43 PM »
I answered.
None of the cavs he was aiming for died. He switched to aim for a horse standing still, and the gif doesnt show wether or not he even hit the target... Every archer in the world would stop tracking a cav at a long distance to shoot a standstill target.
If everyone who hasnt been recording their gameplay before they get accused are suspicious then most players are doomed.

I have to shake my mouse to wake it up because it looses connection. Laggy camera movement cant be used as proof of anything either. Was he asked if he could re create it?

Simply moving your mouse doesnt mean lock-on, hes shooting at medium range from above, and the gif again doesnt show him releasing his arrows so we dont even know if they hit anything.

That message didn't show up for me. Sorry about that.

These aren't just "simple" mouse movements, these are literally perfect flicks, these happen from time to time, people could probably count the number of times they achieved such flick shots on their 2 hands.

I think we could argue forever here and we still won't see the end of the discussion. As I said, Anubis is banned unless we accept the offer we had been given with anti-cheat.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:23:01 PM by ๖Kern »

WinFrid_TD

• Sergeant
  • Just strange boiii
    • Steam - WinFrid_WinTrip_exe
    • View Profile
    • WarbundAutoblock.exe
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: WinFrid_TD
  • WBNW
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2018, 08:22:51 PM »
Why wouldn’t you allow Anubis record 3-4 sets of each match? I do not see any harm in him playing if he can provide you with full recording of his gameplay.

Just make it sctrict: Any video editing, failure to upload recordings in timely manner will result in a full time ban.

Just give a man way to actually show that he might not be as guilty as people think he is. Nothing wrong with giving a chance while being extra careful

Yes, give him a chance. He's not a cheater, omfg.

OurGloriousLeader

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Джейми Лий Петри
    • Twitter - @OGL_MnB
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: AE_Zaudunyani_OGL
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2018, 08:26:03 PM »
The only thing that would lift the suspension would be implementing a client sided anti-cheat that would help with detecting 3rd party software, this thing is actually doable but it will probably be widely undesirable.

what makes you think that?

๖Kern

• Desires Rhade
    • Steam - KvotheSvK
    • View Profile
    • Nothing
  • WBNW
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2018, 08:30:46 PM »
The only thing that would lift the suspension would be implementing a client sided anti-cheat that would help with detecting 3rd party software, this thing is actually doable but it will probably be widely undesirable.

what makes you think that?

There have been proposals to do that kind of thing before, I believe Azan came up with the idea..? Not sure. People didn't like the idea of downloading the anticheat and running it while playing the match.

Greedalicious

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
    • The Wolfpack site
  • WB
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2018, 09:09:52 PM »
Which still gave 4 days to contact me. But fine
They are simple mouse movements just watch the videos of him recording. He was watched  for 2 weeks where he played over 100 hours of warband, and all they have is a couple of gifs which dont show anything conclusive. There are no shots in the gifs, people make flick shots constantly and some hit some miss.
Its not a matter of opinion whether he cheats or not, one is right and one is wrong. He should be given the same right to prove himself the way maxi has. But sure your tournament, this is a mistake.

Menethil

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2018, 09:15:20 PM »
Sorry Greed but those are not some easy mouse movements. If it was close range that he is flicking maybe but man just look objectively...

Shemaforash

• Marquis
  • (◕‿◕✿)
    • Steam - Shemaforash
    • Twitch.tv - Shemaforash
    • YouTube - UCxUKp-cVk-kmP3aEBjgDg3g
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: AE_shema
  • WB
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2018, 09:30:14 PM »

Faebio

• The Marshal
  • Count
  • It makes me feel FU***NG SOPHISTICATED.
    • Steam - Faebio
    • Twitter - Fabio of Swadia
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Fabio
  • WBM&BNWVC

OurGloriousLeader

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Джейми Лий Петри
    • Twitter - @OGL_MnB
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: AE_Zaudunyani_OGL
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2018, 10:04:44 PM »

There have been proposals to do that kind of thing before, I believe Azan came up with the idea..? Not sure. People didn't like the idea of downloading the anticheat and running it while playing the match.

So long as it doesn't hinder performance significantly and is only collecting data regarding the game, don't see why it shouldn't be used. Can only see one reason people wouldn't like it.

Better than forcing recordings and banning people based on personal judgements no matter how informed.