[WBL] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

๖Kern

Grandmaster Knight
7OBsWAb.png

QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

If you have anything to ask or suggest concerning the tournament, you can do so here.

Surkan said:
๖Kern said:
Everyone accepted.
We reached 16 teams, that means the sign-ups are closed.

Surkan said:
Do you plan on doing anything against known cheaters entering the tournament?

Define known?

Yes, I do.
People who have been banned from other modules for aimbot, people who have questionable performance and go around asking people how to install dlls

Tbh, can't this tournament be a bit longer+let's allow every team to play, not only 16 teams. Community is getting smaller and smaller so I don't think excluding anyone from playing is good decision. I mean we will play this in 3 weeks, then we gonna wait same amount of time(probs even more) for next one. 4-6 weeks of playing would be better imo and I have to say I like idea of playing 2 matches per week in early stage of tournament.

Surkan said:

We'll announce our decision concerning some people soon™

WarhammerR said:
Tbh, can't this tournament be a bit longer+let's allow every team to play, not only 16 teams. Community is getting smaller and smaller so I don't think excluding anyone from playing is good decision. I mean we will play this in 3 weeks, then we gonna wait same amount of time(probs even more) for next one. 4-6 weeks of playing would be better imo and I have to say I like idea of playing 2 matches per week in early stage of tournament.

The tournament was brought up with words fast and simple in my mind. Having a tourney that will last 6 weeks is another usual tourney, not to say that the way I see it now is, that we would have to move to group or ladder format, which would, of course, let teams play more matches but it would completely miss the "Blitz" point of the tournament.

However, if a significant number of teams sign-up, we will reconsider. For now, 16 is the number and that's it.

I think the blitz is a good idea, and most other tournaments have an irrelevant part anyway due to seeded groups and whatnot where the outcome is basically inevitable. This skips straight to the good part.

there was a few ones being caught using the bush-/wallhack on their screenshots and other modifications in the past.

But I doubt they will be banned now since they've been allowed to play any other tournament except the ones they been caught cheating

Why wouldn’t you allow Anubis record 3-4 sets of each match? I do not see any harm in him playing if he can provide you with full recording of his gameplay.

Just make it sctrict: Any video editing, failure to upload recordings in timely manner will result in a full time ban.

Just give a man way to actually show that he might not be as guilty as people think he is. Nothing wrong with giving a chance while being extra careful

? Rey said:
Why wouldn’t you allow Anubis record 3-4 sets of each match? I do not see any harm in him playing if he can provide you with full recording of his gameplay.

Just make it sctrict: Any video editing, failure to upload recordings in timely manner will result in a full time ban.

Just give a man way to actually show that he might not be as guilty as people think he is. Nothing wrong with giving a chance while being extra careful

We've actually thought about that as a first outcome. Thing is, that we are 99% sure he is guilty. We've been given a lot of information from Alecks and Menethil also agreed that the gifs provided clearly show he is cheating. Even if he wouldn't use the aimbot he has, I am fairly sure that the only current (and paid) cheat also has Wallhack implemented. The only thing that would lift the suspension would be implementing a client sided anti-cheat that would help with detecting 3rd party software, this thing is actually doable but it will probably be widely undesirable.

i don’t really want to bring up that discussion again, but realistically if you’re giving a person, who is known to have actually communicated on a cheaters’ forum and has been acting fishy multiple times, was temporarily banned from tournaments due to suspected cheating a chance to play while you ban another player based on some laggy gifs that almost look like a slideshow, then it just doesn’t make any sense.

If you’re banning one, ban another, since they both are pretty much in the same ****hole in regards to any suspiciouns.

Saying that “We are 99% sure” still means that you might be wrong. Just give him a chance. You don’t have to be soft about your future decisions when it comes to him, as a matter of fact, I would ban even for smallest misbehavior, but you won’t lose anything from it. You will either prove that he is cheating and ban immediately or you will perhaps see that you were wrong

๖Kern said:
? Rey said:

We've actually thought about that as a first outcome. Thing is, that we are 99% sure he is guilty. We've been given a lot of information from Alecks and Menethil also agreed that the gifs provided clearly show he is cheating. Even if he wouldn't use the aimbot he has, I am fairly sure that the only current (and paid) cheat also has Wallhack implemented. The only thing that would lift the suspension would be implementing a client sided anti-cheat that would help with detecting 3rd party software, this thing is actually doable but it will probably be widely undesirable.
Bull****. First of all theres no way he can cheat while recording his footage, anyone would be able to tell. What information could you POSSIBLE have that gives you a 99% certainty?
The gifs show nothing, the video showed nothing, "dropping in kd shows NOTHING! Oh yeah still waiting for that copy paste I was promised 3-4 days ago, unless it has a signed confession theres no way you have proof of aimbot. Look at what an actual archer has to say about them instead. My post about it:
Greedalicious said:
Saw him playing and told him to record.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTv1GLeS82E&feature=youtu.be
He flicks his hands here too. With high sensitivity and dpi it might look sketchy but its how he plays, and he plays quite well too. As Alecks said hes a good archer. 5 years in WFAS, 1300 hours on native, having played a lot recently, why wouldnt he be legit? Im not convinced by the gifs and definitly dont think theyre undeniable, so lets take a look at them.

https://i.gyazo.com/bf1985701f917ab8cc5e398acb68e692.gif
He tracks a cav towards the right side, then his mouse flicks to a target on the left.
What happened there? Well lets assume its aimbotting.
Why would the aimbot fly to the target far left of the screen? Hes tracking the target in the middle, switches to the one on the right, then flies to the left. Why switch targets like that?

My opinion:
You can basically see the way he thinks. He aims at the middle horse first because thats what he see's first, he reacts to the cav on the right as it moves towards him,probably playing in first person so its less vision. He then spots the third cav crash into his teammate and is reared, and reacts to shoot it. It doesnt show the arrow being released, I'm guessing it missed? This proves nothing. Most archers would do the same.

https://i.gyazo.com/f5152ffadc9495de5a40ab91f11c1017.gif
It took a long time to see what this is for, Its the movement to the right near the end I assume? That just proves he has a mouse.

https://i.gyazo.com/93438f1fc7ea079535a5ec81e8928635.mp4
Im guessing the proof here is the shake he does. Also doesnt prove anything, its just high sensitivity and the angle doesnt show any targets, I've never seen an autobot do that, what is it trying to spot there?

There was also a 12 minute video but I didnt add that, not sure why it was used as proof, it didnt show anything sketchy. I'll link it though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VUTjeekPEo&t=56s

https://i.gyazo.com/19033ac093b1590da3d7b42934a30e8e.gif
Last gif, and honestly this was abit sketchy to me too, and I still cant fully disprove it. The sketchty part is the headshot but from a top view, the head is obviously the biggest target to hit, so its not that hard. If you watch how he plays it shows how he usually plays, I'm pretty sure this can be replicated, I just havent had the time.
I dont see how this is evidence enough to perma ban someone.

Thanks for not talking to me about this at all btw and leaving me entirely in the dark until I read the forum. Best way to find out one of my players have been banned. The ****ing disrespect....
Before someone says Oh buhu greed ur not giving any alternatives tho well here it is
Anubis records every match every set he plays and makes it public. I never liked us uploading our official matches but obviously he would have to. Not just for this tournament but until people are satisfied hes not cheating however long that would be.

Agree with Rey, if after everything you still think hes cheating go ahead do whatever, once hes proven innocent you'll be happy you gave him a fair chance.

Greedalicious said:

I talked to Anubis about the situation before. I even tried to contact you, I wasn't given any response if I remember correctly. Since then, I was able to contact Alecks, Rainbow and Menethil, the only one who said that Anubis may be innocent is Rainbow (who's opinion I highly appreciate), yet, you keep saying that the gifs are no proof whatsoever and you defend him with words "this is how he plays."
He didn't record before he was accused of cheating, did he? So it is irrelevant to the case right now.

Yet, we can see a nice lock-on and then, when Anchor dies, Anubis INSTANTLY flicks to the left to another guy. It's a perfect, straight and instant flick to the left.

bf1985701f917ab8cc5e398acb68e692.gif

Laggy camera movement (which is a very common bug with aimbots), to reproduce this, you would actually have to shake your mouse to different sides in a very short period of time. There is no way he does that even with high sensitivity, especially if he is used to that.

https://i.gyazo.com/93438f1fc7ea079535a5ec81e8928635.mp4

Another lock-on.

19033ac093b1590da3d7b42934a30e8e.gif

Hell, I can go and buy an aimbot just to showcase you how obvious evidence this is.

EDIT: If you want to see these fluently, copy the link and just put .mp4 instead of .gif.

Back
Top Bottom