Dev Blog 19/04/18

Users who are viewing this thread

[parsehtml][IMG]https://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_36_taleworldswebsite.jpg[/IMG] Medieval warfare was as brutal and terrifying as you might imagine. Soldiers fought for their lives in ferocious hand-to-hand combat using a variety of different weapons to protect themselves and defeat their opponents. Polearms, swords, maces and axes were used to devastating effect and anyone unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of a blow from one of these vicious weapons of war would certainly know about it. [/parsehtml]Read more at: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/56

So ,everything same as Warband but better ? Great.

"You shouldn’t expect too much in terms of battlefield performance from these, but we don’t think that the game would have felt `complete` without them. After all, it's `almost harvesting season!`"

wait wat

vicwiz007 said:
Well we learned that there are Pikes and that they must be dropped to switch weapons. Cool I guess
"Well we learned that there are Pikes" Don't we already have pikes?
"that they must be dropped to switch weapons." yeah , cool .

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
So ,everything same as Warband but better ? Great.

Every once in a while we will target a blog at people who are new to our games.  :smile:
I was not being sarcastic.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
vicwiz007 said:
Well we learned that there are Pikes and that they must be dropped to switch weapons. Cool I guess
"Well we learned that there are Pikes" Don't we already have pikes?
"that they must be dropped to switch weapons." yeah , cool .
Uh idk but if we did, they sure didnt have to be dropped.
BayBear said:
vicwiz007 said:

We also learned that it’s almost harvesting season

What are Taleworlds’ E3 plans?
Yes we did... and i dont think theyre even going to E3

I check the discord every so often so I knew about the pikes already  :mrgreen:
0W8Qb.png

It's nice that the damage types and all will be familiar. I hope the formulas aren't too different from what we already knew, the way it was modeled in Warband was pretty elegant and was easy to understand and reason about on the fly without needing to check obscure math, it was just so intuitive!

And the general weapon types looks good, just like Warband again. With crafting the variety will certainly be felt!

Cool. you don't magically hide your pike now.
I hope 2handed swords aren't as OP as in Warband.
edit: oh and also pls nerf bardiches  :mrgreen:

Another thing to note about polearms is if they are too large, such as with pikes, then they will be dropped to the ground if you switch to your sidearm.

Thanks for implementing this feature.

For the harvesting season, which agricultural product you were refering Callum so we can guess the release date. Yeah, I know I am not funny. :smile:

I hope there will be a blog about range weapons with the intriguing facts such as:
1) Bows are great in terms of their speed
2) Crossbows have the advantage of being more devestating than bows, but they are also slower to load
3) Javelins/ throwing axes/ daggers are a great way to weaken the enemy before charging in
4) Stones are used by peasants when they are not harvesting

Cant wait for the next blog  :oops:

Bjorn The Raider said:
Another thing to note about polearms is if they are too large, such as with pikes, then they will be dropped to the ground if you switch to your sidearm.

Thanks for implenting this feature.

For the harvesting season, which agricultural product you were refering Callum so we can guess the release date. Yeah, I know I am not funny. :smile:
I hope he was referring to the Release Date crops.

"You shouldn’t expect too much in terms of battlefield performance from these, but we don’t think that the game would have felt `complete` without them. After all, it's `almost harvesting season!`"

I understand wanting to inform new players but, if they're looking to buy a medieval RPG, couldn't they surmise melee weapons would be in it? How thick do you think the newbies are? low key insult from TW  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom