Discussion, complaints, and everything else you wanted said put here:

Users who are viewing this thread

So, just curious, -why- was Necromancy so hotly debated before? Why was the head dev so opposed to it? Was it technical complications? Moral ones?

Just something he put in simply because people requested him to do it so often and he never wanted to hear or think about it again out of annoyance?

Hyval the Emolga said:
So, just curious, -why- was Necromancy so hotly debated before? Why was the head dev so opposed to it? Was it technical complications? Moral ones?

Just something he put in simply because people requested him to do it so often and he never wanted to hear or think about it again out of annoyance?

This is my take, it may not be fully accurate. I have definitely condensed the whole thing down.

GS's vision of the Phantasy world did not include necromancy except as an inherently evil and unnatural undertaking. As it involved being unnaturally undead, he put some pretty hefty costs to it. This did not go over well with players of the original mod where necromancy was basically an overpowered wizard, no consequences and way too much power. GS wanted to take it out entirely for both world consistency and technical reasons. (BTW, he was the only active developer on this version.) Things were said, GS's health declined, it wasn't good for anybody. What necromancy that is in the game is all that will ever be in the game unless someone takes the whole mod over. Even if GS's situation improves to the point that he can mod again, he won't budge on this.

The way I see it, it's GS's work/world. He makes the rules.

Hope that's enough. It's all I'm going to say on this.

Hey this is a really great mod but with every character i created i've had the same problem occur. The problem being when i make some companions lords (i've noticed umie, ninnok, ymira, sometimes katrin, sometimes lezalit, and some other npcs) they go to a castle by themselves and never leave the castle, i always select the option to see what they are doing and they respond with i am raising men before i attend to the affairs of the realm. Im not sure if this is a temporary state in the mod or if this is infinite, also i apologize in advance if the solution to this problem can be fixed within the game as an option i didn't see yet, but other than that i really like this mod. Does anyone else experience this problem or is it just me?

Sorry mate, can't help you there as I never made a companion into a vassal yet - it is just too nice to have those 34 immortals in my army to soak up any initial damage the enemy might do - not to mention firepower if I spec them as mages (which is the obvious choice (for me) as most important skills are INT-based as well).
I'll just take your post as a reminder to not change my current practice and thank you for that.
The original lords that do join my queendom are doing fine though. Which is to say they run around like beheaded chickens accomplishing nothing. Like they did all through the game anyway.

Hi there, I just stopped by after 5 years absence.
I honestly expected my account to be deleted but it is still here.

I came back mainly because NexusMods pinged me saying my mod has many downloads due to the steam sale on M&B Warband. I thought, hmmm its not dead? That's news.

I spent the last 5 years working minimum wage at a call center but learned to be a humbler and nicer person.
As my daughter now has her first laptop I wanted to set her up with a game she could take a personal interest in, so I spent 8 days writing a player handbook in pictures. I also found I forgot how to play the mod, how to post here,

I should mention, not so much for sympathy but in passing, I have a really hard time remembering
anything. I even forgot my daughter's name recently. I did manage to get early retirement and in Bulgaria my really low retirement pension from USA is actually exactly middle class salary here, almost to the penny what I received working 50 hour work weeks at the call center. So now I can tweak this 'dead mod', if I want to. I expect my 63rd birthday in about a month. I no longer desire or need support, but I feel like the mod as it was left is like a still born child, and to me it had a life of its own.

Something I DO want to do is release the full source for personal use - not so much OSP as more of an opportunity to educate and for tweaking for personal use. I even made a study comparing Native source to Guspav's August 2017 source to the last stable source I could find on both of my development PCs (v158 a1). I should have Guspav's permission to keep it cleanest.

I had a real meltdown and can well understand why I was pretty much tarred and feathered by some in the community.
I reckon, with source code anyone that felt I was not responsive can somewhat casually tweak it their way. Or maybe not. It is a pretty large project, and I think it is a little more complex than other mods, BUT I remain optimistic the source might be useful anyway.

I was hoping Guspav would come back and continue the mod while I was away, as my complete absence would have been the perfect vacuum. But it does look completely quiet here. I can't guarantee I will be able/willing to resume a post of top egotist / maniac-in-chief, but the mod never really needed that. Maybe if it was a little more open, a quieter gentler presence could steer the ship.

That's all the news I have. Sorry once again for my history here.
GS Sofia Bulgaria

Back
Top Bottom