Discussion, complaints, and everything else you wanted said put here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Status of the mod:

The 2018 mod is closed alpha.  It has been "open alpha" since around November 2017, but I recognize it was a mistake to share it for Christmas.

At the same time, the 2014 version Phantasy Calradia has never been taken down.  It's always been up, and continues to be so. It even gets more downloads than 2018 ever did, even at its height.  I must conclude 2014 is everything that is right, while 2018 is an acquired taste.
It's painfully obvious how Guspav could sit on his mod for 3 years and then deliver code that was so broken as to be unable to compile, in about 34 different places, while still having something genius in much, if not all, of it.  Some of it remains today.  Some of it is completely replaced.  Some people liked some of the changes.  Others felt that in an incomplete state, they couldn't or wouldn't play it.  I respect that.  And point the door is that way. 

I don't want suggestions if those suggestions involve more work.  I feel like I already work to my breaking point.
  I don't want your bug reports by way of suggestions either.  If it really is broken, chances are I'll agree with you, in which case it shouldn't be shared.  If on the other hand it was fixed yesterday but you're too stubborn to reread the last 50 posts about the same topic, then I'll call you a Monkey.  Even if you really aren't.  Then I'll call MYSELF a Monkey for letting you share it.  Then someone else will call me a Monkey ffor being upset, saying its MY fault for LETTING you try something alpha.  Then I'll say you know, it was better when only 10 people saw the mod.  Then I'll be reminded that look, there MIGHT be some path between these seemingly irreconcilable positions, where people that really are willing to try bleeding edge, in your face mods (like this) MIGHT have access, assuming they play quietly.  I don't want your feedback. I just wanted you to have a good time.  If you can't let me work in peace, and you can't wait, you can't have access.  Its as simple as that!  Maybe the part you feel is a big struggle now is meant to be THROWN AWAY in 2 months and replaced with a different layer, anyway.  So struggling with it just has my ulcer bleed, you feel bad, and we both rage quit.  Better to push you away before then.  At least that way you get on with your life and I enjoy my game without people telling me how miserable it made them.

So that's it.  The next public openeing OUGHT to be the 1 year anniversary of getting the code from Guspav.  That'd be August 2 2018.  Its a technical mistake to let the "public" play the game now.  They will feel obliged to machine gun me with "bug reports", and I will feel obliged to boycott this forum.  Nobody wins.  Better to declare the project closed alpha.  Now if you really think you want in, convince me.  Or go play Pop, or Perisno, or someplace that WANTS your bug reports, your "I can't use it", your "it sucks its not balanced".  OK. Fine.  Come back in 6 months.  It disturbs me more than it disturbs you.  I thought I was doing you a favor.  You thought you were doing ME a favor.  Now we're both unhappy.

Just wanted to say thanks for the mod.

I have been playing for maybe a month now and the mod is a lot of fun. It's easily one of the best ones I played.

So thanks for the work you put into it and have a nice day : )

hafertaler said:
I have been playing for maybe a month now and the mod is a lot of fun. It's easily one of the best ones I played.

I had a long message but ctrl-N destroyed it.  I hate ctrl-N.

The short message is:
  Sometime between "I am a test pilot for an alpha mod and can and will pause my play through as needed so the dev can catch up with my reports"
  and
  "the mod is my playground, and the dev's job is to serve my play through, but that slacker just isn't responding to MY problems and its inconveniencing ME"
  is the gist of how NexusMods forum got closed.

Right now there are the following fires burning:
A) QUESTS.  Quests have always been weak and glitchy before v150, but in v150 it seemed like they had become safe to use.
  With v153 in adding TPE (Tournament Play Enhancements) and next custom troop trees, somewhere in here quests became broken.
  With patch B2plus the entire set of add/remove/check for open quests scripts was replaced by Floris scripts, and that seemed to unstick quests.
But not everyone felt like patching, and it was unclear if in fact there were not quests still sticking after patching.  If the person patched. 
When everyone is a test pilot, and one person refuses to patch, or can't patch because frankly they don't control their computer, they expect the computer to control them (Steam does this), then reporting is anarchy.

B) TPE vanishing weapons.  Maybe those are the "advanced" weapons.  Maybe this happens at towns that are outside the 6 native factions.  Maybe they happen only at player towns.  I'd never know because NexusMods reports have a little information but not so much.  They're always from new users.  Maybe I've beaten veterans to not post, but new users also have an air of urgency.  Darn it I've waited all NIGHT for an answer when I am closed nights.  Or I am on the opposite side of the planet so just because it is lunch time in California does not mean it is 2 AM here.  Veterans can chill.  They either have enough reason to stick around or at least understand their relationship with me worsens by pressuring me.

C) The amazing saga of "I can't make a character, and the screen is too black.  I boycott this stupid mod which has a broken character creation.  Why can't it do menus?  Menus were perfect".  Well thanks for that.  Why can't I get better users?  The old gang were perfect.  But seriously, all this struggle over a tool that was meant to HELP users see what they got when they chose something, allowing 150+ different combinations that all would have led to different outcomes to self document, right in front of you.  OK so it has no comic book coloring.  Neither did paperbacks.  They just had black and white.  So old fashioned.  I got the same "bug report" every single day, no matter how many times I replied the next morning some other "fan" sends a bug report.  Even on THIS forum.  OK I get it.  You'd rather I not help users with utilities that seem undercooked.  Or maybe its easier to never make a character.  Two can play that, by the way.  I can ALSO stop making things.  Then we can all go play Vrym, except when I tried it it asked me for a viking conquest serial number, and I dont have that much left on my credit card.  I also had to deal with some Bitcoin mining script taking over google chrome these last days, so I couldnt even reply to forums.  But I solved that, eventually, closing a java hole needed to make work's remote updates at another site work, as it needed a specific old java.  Gone.  I hate bitcoin miners, especially not asking me first.

D) You'd think 3-4 fires at once was enough, but thats just the tip of the iceberg.  I have MONTHS of backlog.  Half of you are patient.  Usually the half that was here a while.  The half that are new aren't "sure".  But I have to do triage.  So I'll cut the half that arent sure, first, and deal with anyone left when I can come up for air.  I worked REALLY HARD since Christmas, and before that also.  Sorry its been such a bumpy ride.

i dont think i have played a mod this much befor! i hope you dont give up :smile: on a second note the 150 p6 full instal have some nutral castle and vilages on the map, just wondering if that vas intentionsl? or a small oversight, i might be that i havent followed the instal corectlig they seems to be mine?

edit: dont mean to nag i do love this mod :smile:

Seltin said:
i dont think i have played a mod this much befor! i hope you dont give up :smile: on a second note the 150 p6 full instal have some nutral castle and vilages on the map, just wondering if that vas intentionsl? or a small oversight, i might be that i havent followed the instal corectlig they seems to be mine?

edit: dont mean to nag i do love this mod :smile:

I'll make a fresh character and see if this is so.
  It works for characters already made but there is always something...

This build was for someone that already had a character but made by an older version v150.  I did not test making a new character.
Pulled now; I'll have to work on it tomorrow as today has painting planned.  Oh that right I'm not allowed to discuss my schedule or home life here now.

You could play a first time character in v156 using this base plus the v156 patch over it, but you'll have to endure a black looking character creator.  Many people were triggered by that. I removed the offending file in the mean time.

REPLACED on NexusMods.  Please don't download N2 for any reason, as from time to time it keeps popping up.

my apologies for posting.

Just sharing this icon of St George day, which is somewhat appropriate for this forum/mod:
6SW9k.jpg

Sorry if this offends.

So I see you are focusing on next thing to complain about again and again and that is your "safety" here. You will never learn probably, but - nobody is out there to hunt you, there is no conspiracy against you and you are not the center of our worlds, stop being so hurt by everything(even minor BUG REPORTS) or stop developing the mod, very easy and stress-free decision. :roll: If you have your forum, then post there, don't talk about it if you don't want to share its address, simple - you think that we will be jealous like small children? Stop being so naive.

Also nobody wants to see this "letter" of yours, stop ego-bragging all the time, this is Phantasy Calradia forum so talk about the mod.  Also a tip: You should start a blog, Taleworlds Forum is not a place for your rants and life problems.

edit: To not look stupid, he deleted his post.

efilist said:
So I see you are focusing on next thing to complain about again and again and that is your "safety" here. You will never learn probably, but - nobody is out there to hunt you, there is no conspiracy against you and you are not the center of our worlds, stop being so hurt by everything(even minor BUG REPORTS) or stop developing the mod, very easy and stress-free decision. :roll: If you have your forum, then post there, don't talk about it if you don't want to share its address, simple - you think that we will be jealous like small children? Stop being so naive.

Also nobody wants to see this "letter" of yours, stop ego-bragging all the time, this is Phantasy Calradia forum so talk about the mod.  Also a tip: You should start a blog, Taleworlds Forum is not a place for your rants and life problems.
Unfortunally i have to agree with you. As much as i love the mod, these childish rants are unecessary, uncalled for and just stupid.

gsanders said:
OK you two drop it too.  Please.  Whether you're a friend of the mod or an enemy, talk about the code or go to bed, please.
Indeed. Let's leave it at that. Everyone has said their piece.

Honestly folks, what's up with all the drama? Aren't we here just to enjoy the mod? No need for bad blood.

Pretty sure the people that are here have no ill intentions, they're here cause they like Phantasy Calradia and and just want to see the mod grow and improve. Not everybody is a coder, but that doesn't mean that they can't provide valuable feedback and suggestions. There is no reason to see hostility in the community, for even if the mod is crafted by one person, it is the community that breathes life into it. After all, what good is a work if nobody gets to enjoy it?

That being said, there is no need for calling names either. Some may disagree on gsanders attitude, but ranting won't change anything for the better. Don't want drama - don't poke around the embers, stirring up the flames again. In the end he's the one ironing out the flaws of the mod, so let's give credit where credit is due.

We're adults around here, we should be able to look past each others personal flaws and dedicate our focus on this board on the improvement of the mod alone, the sole reason why are here in the first place.

People were just asked to drop the matter. Continue past this point and it will be mutes.

At risk of breaking the perfect silence in this thread, I'll say I've played my own shared mod these last several days and I think I'm relatively satisfied with it.  I played both v156, which was fairly free of issues, and v155, which still had some quirks but was also "fairly" clean, at least for B5.

state of the mod  17 May '18

1) After falling in battle, PBOD auto-charges.  This must have occured some many patches ago, but it wasn't something publicized.  It would have been during clean up of death cam, which was interfering with auto-charge setting in diplomacy/PBOD.

2) non-hero Prisoners no longer escape.  Again, old news, but people just coming back to the forum after some months would find it a surprise.
  3) marriage is possible finally, without having to elope, but needs a character STARTED with recent build B-series 155/156 or P7 if using 150.
  4) food auto buy works.
  5) ignoring prejudice at your own town/castle is useful for evil troops/factions where too many humans are in party, and human factions with too many evil troops in party.  This is a B6 feature.
  6)  crafting is overhauled a little bit.
  7) diplomacy works more cleanly now.
  8 ) orphan villages no longer occur but only for games STARTED with v150 P7 or 155/156 B2+ or later
  9) the crashes shown in Reformist's videos cannot happen now
  10) the corrupted sieges shown in Reformist are removed
  11) After many experiments, Necromancers function smoothly -- not too powerful, not too weak.
  12) Spell handling is smoother, especially spells with 30 second timers.  Auras no longer interfere with each other.  Dispel magic and haste work cleanly.  All of the animation error message issues/crashes are removed, although spears still have a strange animation when trying to parry while spears are braced via special PBOD command.  Mounted spell casting has less risk of crashing, both as caster or target, allowing paladins casting while mounted to finally bring their auras and blitz tactics versus undead to work.
  13) the economy does in fact work
  14)  Quests are mostly stable now
  15) although diplomacy recruiters are removed, mostly this is a hardship for castles, not towns, thanks to an expanded town recruits system
  16) although the look of Phantasy 2018 // Phantasy Calradia has not improved in 5 years, and there are much prettier alternatives, none of them that I see actually have a deep, working diplomacy, economy, and other follow through.  Each mod lacks "something", and so long as that continues no one mod dominates.  There are places to improve this mod, time and patience permitting (and health, and life outside forums, and sunspots...)

I see some issues in v155.  In my current play through, suddenly even clicking on Orc Bear Warrior or Orc Juggernaut crashes my game.
I consider this likely to be corruption of the face or some object that can't be displayed so it crashes instead.  It is difficult to tell where exactly that came from.  I also see some upgrades from looters that changed from what they were intended and looks like the custom troop tree when mod-merged walked on some of the Rigale special troops.  It would be safer to explicitly prepare blank custom troop definitions without needing mod-merger and then to edit those after the game starts, making it both less likely to collide with the game and increasing the ability to have several different custom trees at once, maybe one each suited to different roles or places, so that several different factions had some different custom troops.  There is something like that happening in my save, by wild circumstances, probably from looter upgrades, and I think each upgrade that was pointing to special Rigale troops is corrupted now to bring forth one of the unused custom troop trees, which slammed right on top of the Rigale troops (which I wasn't really using except as placeholder troops which when added to your party boosts party skills).

If you get bored you could check out my v155 B6 play through
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F-9alnCJQwvB8T5pufjB_ebbkK3GNAkg/view?usp=sharing
  featuring an epic battle between my Drow/Ogre/mage combined arms team (with many mounted forces as reinforcements)  and spell trace mode enabled.
Also the battle size slider is reduced and map movement timing set for smaller PCs.  To see how the same battle looks with normal settings, larger battle size, fast map movement  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tPPWDlNku5JhGdKyMEajTsAfez-PM13f/view?usp=sharing

If you dont have v155 just copy whatever folder you do have, rename the copy  Phantasy v155    and apply the patch  v155 B6  from here.
  https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194?tab=files

extract save games  to documents\Mount&Blade Warband\Phantasy v155    and you can jump in a premade campaign to check out crafting, managing towns, marriage (2 choices almost ready for the question),  subsequent wife as a companion, and quite a bit of mid game experience, within a few minutes effort...

EDIT: remember you can press L during battle to pause fighting and read the messages if too many arrive at once and the message display can't keep up.
When you press Return, the battle continues from where it was paused.
  Also, if you press Esc key then options, you can slide "battle size" and have the new settles take place within a few seconds (at most within 15 seconds), influencing the next reinforcement check.  This lets you throttle down or up battle size as you wish.  Also remember the Phantasy Settings (from camp menu) toggle "prefer large battles roughly doubles the setting chosen at the battle size slider, for total agents on the field.  Without that toggled on, the number of agents is strictly limited; with it toggled on, the agents per side hit around the slider value, assuming 100% slider value equals 150, which is native setting in Warband.  I can't read values set by Battle Sizer modification, as those changes happen outside Warband and there isn't a simple way to see them from scripting, so I assume when the slider is at 100%, that means 150.  All script can tell me is the % of 100 the slider is at, not what that 100% means.  Anyway you can throttle down to 60% of maximum before I assume you were mistaken and set the implicit value at 60%.

Now the purpose of this exercise is not to show "boy, the mod has a lot happening".  The purpose is to see how there is a rhythm to each stage of the spell casting - clerics, magic users all cast different parts of their spell list on timers with very different lengths.  Cleric heals are never cast at the same time as cleric damage spells; mage damage spells are never cast at the same time as mage haste or dispel magic.  You'll see several mages cast suddenly the same spell, because that's when the timer for that category ticked, and now every mage still alive, on both sides, rolls to see if that spell will be cast by them - if they have enough magic power skill, if they have enough unspent mana points.  Likewise for cleric heals.  Every last cleric on the battle field rolls at the same time, so all the spells for that type will occur back to back, with an interlocking, inter-supporting framework of heals on the battle field.  Most cleric spells are point blank Area of Effect, with range generally in meters equal to their faith skill multiplied by a scaling for alignment -- 3/2 for heals when good alignment, 2/3 for evil aligned heals, and the opposite for non undead harm spells.  Mages generally pop off their heaviest initial damage spell, but have no idea of the scripted damage -- its based on the initial damage the thrown object has as to whether the AI throws it first.  Most every mage has one spell PLUS magic missile, and will dump their heavy spells then stick to magic missile or their melee staff depending on distance to nearest enemy.

If you take the time to study a battle you can learn much about how the battle works.  In the future I'll prune the information about reinforcements so only that is shown when reinforcements finally arrive, and otherwise its filtered.  That was for tuning reinforcements the previous 12 or so patches but I feel they are correctly tuned now, so its too much information.  The rest of the spell trace is still useful.

How did _I_ do versus King Harlaus?  With my 250 vs his 352 troops, I had 19 killed and 42 wounded to his 352 utter defeat.  I ended up having to slide the battle size to about 87 and had to pause with the L key perhaps 20 times to read every line.  Its the sort of exercise I'd recommend once only.  Leaving spell trace is almost as easy as entering; go to Phantasy Settings, unclick cheat menu, and you're at cheat menu level 0.  Spell trace is level 5.  There is a cheat that toggles which layer of cheat menu is shown. 

fairly tight on time today but a few notes:

v150 users:  You really should get the P8 patch or install and apply it.  There were serious issues fixed, plus some more minor crafting improvements and cleric spells for evil aligned clerics were updated.  At the moment its at NexusMods (and no anonymous downloads from NexusMods now, but you can still make a free account and get 1 Mbyte/sec transfers).

v155 and v156 B7 is up.

Looking through recent complaints the most pressing open issue is v155/v156 TPE tournaments.  Although they happened to work for me,
it is certainly possible to mess them up when twiddling with tournament configuration in the tournament editor.  Maybe they work for me because I don't change much, and generally leave things at the simple settings.  For example you can manage to turn off different types of weapons when you configure the tournament, and done clumsily this will strip all weapons from the tournament participants.  That's something you do, but its a support ticket to me.
If I take away tournament editing but you last left it mangled, then there is no way to fix it, so I should consider how to get a golden settings and copy that when players have tinkered with their settings.  But wait -- what if they have it perfect and I just slam new settings every time they wake up?  So it keeps getting pushed back.

Tournaments in v150 are just plain bad, and as mentioned before if it really becomes a sticking point I have the power to remove them utterly, thus no more complaints.  We'll go that route if it wastes too much time, as tournaments are a favor to you, not a requirement from me.  If they don't work well enough, that is not what the mod specialized in.  But maybe this summer there will be more time.  Right now I don't have time.

I'm still waiting for a green light to work at Warsword Conquest, and thus have gotten short changes out the door, but tournaments look to take longer.
Some of my code here will be ported there, minus Guspav's magic, and with some changes to diplomacy.  In general, I have to say the diplomacy, map movement over land, and prejudice is much cleaner here.  On the Warsword Conquest side I'll need to remove everything vaguely Rigale, and tournaments will be whatever Nameless Warrior feels they should be, with me not touching his existing tournaments system.  In general we each do different layers, but this time he'll do ALL the magic at his mod, with me examining timers mainly and managing lists.  I'll do economy and we'll sidestep the entire sea travel and sea trading this time.  I mention this here only to provide scheduling information so far as my time for changes here -- I expect to be busy 4-6 weeks.

You've had the dubious luxury of patches every week; they've waited 2 years for the same code.
Again, that portion of the code which Guspav made will NOT be exported, which keeps it somewhat simpler.

I saw this on Sunday and all I could think of at the moment was
"those darned Necromancer fanboys always harassing about me about buffing their favorite class".
this in a mod of a mod, where in theory it's my call what I write, and only mine.
ZO-Lk.jpg

Got some changes in today on setting up v158; it needs considerable work before I can preview it here.
I'll certainly have new features in the next series, including at least:
  1) sea travel
          static sea battles to avoid the fragile ship props issues seen in WC 2016's code
          this is a done deal; it just needed a few tweaks to the savegame to make happen, so a series change is the right time.

2) female (high) elves with elf ears - IF I can not burn a race skin to do so.
          this still needs a trade of time as the art isn't mine
GmmnN.jpg

3) more things to build / effects from buildings, with some objects lifted from Sword of Damocles, which I was given permission from the author in 2016 to use code as needed for all future projects.  Thanks, Computica.

4) possibility of a new campaign map.  There's an experiment by Naikjoy that looks promising.
----
    5) everything else needs a lot of work, so its better to mention features only after they really work...

I found two errors while reviewing the Warsword Conquest savegame variables, and applied the changes to v158 as well, so we'll have a slightly smaller savegame file.  This concerns the exact syntax to place the lords relations table in troop slots defined at module_constants.  Its not very clear in native and this led to much confusion over the years.  I can only guess its job security, to separate the "pro modders" from the amateurs like me.

The mural is in Church Slavonic.  "Our Father, who art in heaven..."  It looks much better than what I remember from the Eighties.  Either it is new work, or Bulgaria (Serbia? Russia?) is seriously renovating its religious heritage.

Thanks for improving Phantasy 2018, despite being busy with Warsword Conquest.  To be honest, I reverted to a slightly old patch because I was having lords go missing, and have not upgraded since, but I will probably give the next version a spin.

Tuidjy said:
The mural is in Church Slavonic.  "Our Father, who art in heaven..."  It looks much better than what I remember from the Eighties.  Either it is new work, or Bulgaria (Serbia? Russia?) is seriously renovating its religious heritage.

Thanks for improving Phantasy 2018, despite being busy with Warsword Conquest.  To be honest, I reverted to a slightly old patch because I was having lords go missing, and have not upgraded since, but I will probably give the next version a spin.

the fix for missing lords is  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NsXcmFQdiHMJLUwO9__urOyq04BPOexQ/view?usp=sharing    for v156
it will go and find all the exiled and absent lords no longer in faction and respawn them at their last faction IF a town or castle still belongs to that faction,  and is not currently under siege.  If the faction is removed and no longer valid it will find the skin of that lord and search for allied factions (or at least factions that have no prejudice against that skin AND are not at war with the ex-faction.)  this is on a 2 day trigger so wait 3 days and look for newly respawned lords at towns and castles of their faction.  It fixes all the things B9b wanted to as well.

This was monastery gugoshtin about an hour outside Sofia.  Its recently renovated, and although it was raining heavily the day was pleasant enough.  The rain even stopped for us, and continued the instant we parked our car back in Sofia.  I DID get my permissions today for those art files I wanted, but now I have to come up with an unused skin since female elves look different from female humans now.  I'll figure it out next month.  Many changes in the pipeline...

Thanks for your support and loyal assistance.  The mod has been really quiet lately so hopefully people that weren't happy with what this mod gave them without much pushing found what they wanted elsewhere.  Everyone wins.  I'll have WC_CD ready to try in a month, or thereabouts -- at least that's the aim point.  Nothing ever survives Murphy though - he is the Law.

I'm having a blast trading at sea again...

gsanders said:
Tuidjy said:
  This was monastery gugoshtin about an hour outside Sofia.  Its recently renovated
I've never heard of it, and religious matters were my 'specialty' back in the days... not in a nice way.  Either they have changed the name, or I am having trouble with the transcription. 

Guiguinski?  Godechki?  Glojdenski?  It looks too impressive to be a new one.  Or maybe they copied the artwork from one of the more famous ones?  Gugoshtin (Гугощин) sounds like a very good name for a monastery, but I can't find anything about it.

Tuidjy said:
gsanders said:
Tuidjy said:
  This was monastery gugoshtin about an hour outside Sofia.  Its recently renovated
I've never heard of it, and religious matters were my 'specialty' back in the days... not in a nice way.  Either they have changed the name, or I am having trouble with the transcription. 

Guiguinski?  Godechki?  Glojdenski?  It looks too impressive to be a new one.  Or maybe they copied the artwork from one of the more famous ones?  Gugoshtin (Гугощин) sounds like a very good name for a monastery, but I can't find anything about it.
Sorry, my spelling from memory was bad.  It's HERE:
https://www.google.bg/maps/place/%D0%93%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8+%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%80+-+%D0%A7%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8+%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%80+%22%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%BC%D0%B0+%D0%B8+%D0%94%D0%B0%D0%BC%D1%8F%D0%BD%22/@42.6644105,22.8115617,13.44z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sGuiguinski!3m4!1s0x14aab2ef3ed4fd33:0x7a748e93564bb9bd!8m2!3d42.6382525!4d22.8446531

Back
Top Bottom