Discussion, complaints, and everything else you wanted said put here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Seltin said:
could swadia get praven back? it feels soo wrong that the drow have it... what was wrong white the city that they had? other than the map changes i love this mod and i hope that you will countinue to improve it :smile:

+1

Make Praven Swadian again :grin:

[quote author=Gsanders]
  I'll relabel the clean start as "B" instead of "A" and there won't be a v150 version of it.
  Thus tomorrow I'll have v155B1  and v156B1 versions up.
[/quote]

Is it recommended to make this a completely new install?

OldGreyBeard said:
[quote author=Gsanders]
  I'll relabel the clean start as "B" instead of "A" and there won't be a v150 version of it.

[/quote]

In theory the changes are code and Whydott's modified models, but I'll take my current folder and 7-zip it if you have doubts about your own.
What DOES need to be done is start again from day 0 if you want the fixes for marriage, as kingdom aristocracy is filled out once only at start of game and before yesterday they all had wrong values in the "father" field, which tended to get into the brother/son/daughter slot or could even show up in the mother slot for female lords.  Eventually this made family checks fail when asking about their eligible daughters.  This whole process next gets multiplied by Diplomacy adding a wave of transferring parents across all the lords and ladies by using a so called "virtual multiplier" to copy one set of fathers across many families, which would have scattered faction families across factions (and since factions are racial in this mod this is disaster), but worse this copies the broken father values in ways not anticipated.  It needed many tries with dumping values and many different builds watching changes to specific data locations to remove the last changes to families.

I wish there was more time, but even today I could be interrupted by events at my day job, so I can't really plan my day as usual.  Most of what I needed to do got done yesterday afternoon in v156.  I have not started to migrate changes into v155 yet, and fog of war seems turned back on so I need to chase that down to turn it off again.  I had some other changes I wanted but those may have to be hot fixes done later -- at least after this I don't see a need to have to change the start for some while.

gsanders said:
OldGreyBeard said:
[quote author=Gsanders]

In theory the changes are code and Whydott's modified models, but I'll take my current folder and 7-zip it if you have doubts about your own.
What DOES need to be done is start again from day 0 if you want the fixes for marriage, ...
[/quote]

Thanks very much! :mrgreen:
Looking forward to the changes!

OldGreyBeard said:
gsanders said:
OldGreyBeard said:
[quote author=Gsanders]

What DOES need to be done is start again from day 0 if you want the fixes for marriage, ...

Thanks very much! :mrgreen:
Looking forward to the changes!
[/quote]

Lets see how much play time I can fit in before I get my hands on BattleTech.  Both my wife and I are big fans of that silly mech game, probably because of nostalgia.

Thanks for the update.  I would suggest that you put some more information about the differences between v155 and v156, though.  It is clear to those who have followed the development, but I do not think that "(custom troop trees)" is really enough to differentiate the two for most people.  Maybe a few words about when custom troops are available, their relation to the player being a king, their accessibly with a normal (adventurer) start, etc.

Tuidjy said:
Lets see how much play time I can fit in before I get my hands on BattleTech.  Both my wife and I are big fans of that silly mech game, probably because of nostalgia.

Thanks for the update.  I would suggest that you put some more information about the differences between v155 and v156, though.  It is clear to those who have followed the development, but I do not think that "(custom troop trees)" is really enough to differentiate the two for most people.  Maybe a few words about when custom troops are available, their relation to the player being a king, their accessibility with a normal (adventurer) start, etc.

You know this is a quirky little boutique mod that can only appeal to 30-50 mildly snobby dilettantes who actually read the last 1000 forum comments?
Unfortunately it needs a huge manual to do it justice.  I keep getting sucked into code updates and never did make my illustrated guide, yet.  The two pages I did make were ignored completely last night, in a potential cloud of smoke.  I suppose, looking back on my foolish youth, I shouldn't throw stones on this one, but if *I* lit up now nothing of value would get done.  I value a clear head for banging out code; although the other mode gets lots of ideas nothing ever gets built.  I'd rather build than just forum post for years, but maybe I'm missing something.

Actually I'm the only snob, and "dilettante" could be replaced by "connoisseur", a word last heard, hmm, 30-40 years ago when I better understood what 4/20 now means (except the term and date didn't exist then).

If I ever get caught up I'll implement your suggestion; it seems like this mod is too complex for NexusMods users, who probably came from Moddb.
I kind of thought NexusMods users were a cut above the rest; it may be so.  Only a few of all those that download posted they couldnt make it work, but then again I have a legendary (in)tolerance of implicit criticism.  Maybe they're all hiding waiting for someone else to take the hit by saying it "doesn't work".  It works for you.  It works for me.  But that doesn't mean it will ever "work" for random Joe #3.  Not without a manual, with or without cartoons/pictures.

thank you so much for making this mod it has made playing this game so enjoyable
i love you
keep it up
or not
its up to you really
plus as is this is my favorite mount and blade mod
if you need anything let me know

geneharped said:

Could you tell me if you ever see spears animating when stabbing up or down from an agent that is on the ground (not on horse)?
I'm especially interested in the PBOD "brace spears" and how that changes animations for blocking and parrying.  I expect this to fail under Warband 1.173 and possibly succeed for 1.172 and earlier, but it may be that simply the animations don't play but at least it isn't hanging the game.  It's something I may not be used to watching, since I don't play other mods where this "works", so I miss it because I don't know what to look for.

Anyone?

Other than that I keep finding things to fix and I'll keep fixing them as fast as I can.  I appreciate you don't have your own personal list of tasks to add to my burden; I'm rode hard and put away wet each night already.  It DOES seem like there is progress, though, in the last months.

gsanders said:
geneharped said:
Could you tell me if you ever see spears animating when stabbing up or down from an agent that is on the ground (not on horse)?
I'm especially interested in the PBOD "brace spears" and how that changes animations for blocking and parrying.  I expect this to fail under Warband 1.173 and possibly succeed for 1.172 and earlier, but it may be that simply the animations don't play but at least it isn't hanging the game.  It's something I may not be used to watching, since I don't play other mods where this "works", so I miss it because I don't know what to look for.

Anyone?
The overhead thrust with a spear works exactly as it should.  I see it all the time, and my character uses it occasionally.

As for bracing, I know what to look for, but have not used it, nor seen it used against me.  But that's because my latest character dismounts before getting anywhere close to the enemy.  Next time I play, I will test bracing.

By the way, I have been playing a paladin, and I am not sure his auras work.  The healing aura (uppermost spell on the left side) has a description that suggests it will be firing over time, but does not seem to do so.  Also, if the haste aura has an effect, I have not been able to tell.

Tuidjy said:
gsanders said:
geneharped said:

Anyone?
The overhead thrust with a spear works exactly as it should.  I see it all the time, and my character uses it occasionally.

As for bracing, I know what to look for, but have not used it, nor seen it used against me.  But that's because my latest character dismounts before getting anywhere close to the enemy.  Next time I play, I will test bracing.

By the way, I have been playing a paladin, and I am not sure his auras work.  The healing aura (uppermost spell on the left side) has a description that suggests it will be firing over time, but does not seem to do so.  Also, if the haste aura has an effect, I have not been able to tell.

Thanks.

As for Paladin Auras, the only aura that stays locked on is "aura of regeneration".  The others are insta cast with effects lasting 30 seconds for any friendlies in range at the INSTANT the spell went off, which happens somewhere up to 1 1/2 seconds after you clicked it at the open prayer book. 

Which is to say, the prayer book is a presentation that once it changes state, marks a global variable that holds the player's prayer selection until the next time a 1.5 second polling routine checks if that variable has a cleric spell to act upon.  If so, the variable is marked as a zero again and the test  gt 0 fails and that polling routine is skipped.  A different poll checks for player mage spells; very inefficient since the player might have a barbarian that has neither cleric nor mage status, but since there is only one player and not a few hundred its not worth an elaborate scheme to skip a quick check. 

Originally, Guspav had each successive aura immediately cancel the previous aura, so that you could not tile more than 1 effect.  I changed this to be each aura goes off instantly, and thus stops siphoning your cleric faith points pool,  and has an effect that expires in 30 seconds.  So anyone caught in that friendly "blast" check when the aura went off has a 30 second timer set. Now it used to be Guspav checked every last agent in the field, both the living and the dead (and all their horses), and I couldn't do much to get around that because unlike mages and clerics there was no predicting who was certainly going to still have a specific status 31 seconds from now and lists had the overhead that they needed to be closed and re-opened whenever reinforcements occur because the agent numbers for dead agent rag-dolls become recycled when reinforcements arrive, so I can't risk stale lists.  Thus the pause you see fairly often in battle.  Purely garbage collection, delayed until then.  So how do I manage to not have to check every last dead horse once to see if it is acid arrowed, and again once to see if it is frightened, and again once to see if it is slowed, etc?  There were something like 12 checks taking place 1 per second per agent, living or dead (or even removed!) when I got the code.  Now there are 3 checks covering 20 state-conditions, with 8 status conditions per single check and the odd 2-bit one of 4-states multiplexed.  I check each 3 seconds and simply accelerate the effects by 3 to reduce the lost bandwidth from all this overhead.

So, for your cleric spell in the top left corner, it fired once.  Its a cleric spell, not an aura, but not masked off your prayer book so that paladins can do some simple cleric spells as well.  They have harms and terrors and other non good spells masked off, so they don't show when the presentation prayer_book is opened and populates your prayer book.  As you hover your mouse over the prayer book,  tool tips are displayed and if you left click over an icon that interrupts the presentation and the "change of state" is processed.  Sometimes the spell happens there but usually it is just screened to make sure you still have enough faith points to pay for the spell and it is charged against your agent's faith point pool then marked as a request to be handled at the timer driven mission_templates section. These magnificent, complex compartmentalized code sections have very clumsy and complicated intercommunication but the long and short is very few things persist, because it is just easier to handle it and forget it.  I actually put some effort into making effects fast to check and fast to process, but you don't see much evidence at first.  The global buff/debuffs are used in the paladin aura of strength as a proof of concept and again at feeblemind as a demonstration that I have more control than players expect and thus ought to be appeased.  Well, that or I'm really the Wizard of oz, a bit diminutive in person.

Last day or so made huge progress.  I did find the root problems for quests, magic regeneration, negative energy burst lich healing, and I think necromancers finally must agree that I even made B2-B3 build "fair".  My test lich/cleric has successfully fought off Elf, vaegir, khanate, and rhodok concurrent invasions, although in all cases I suspect the factions focused on drow instead and otherwise I was furiously attacking everything that moved to keep them feeling too weak to siege Dhirim.  My 1.173 Warband save showed no issues from 1.173 except grainy text in screen captures, which I can avoid by using the Win 10 screen capture instead.  More detail than needed, because you seem to be into computing  :wink:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1whqFrGrFEzDPBV3YCGFh_6vWCBU_TvVq/view?usp=sharing  Lich/Cleric 1.173 test case
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dl_L33PLOI1AaCdvQwNJeWyv74MM9GlX/view?usp=sharing    proof of concept test code B2b_test aka B3-

Some time ago I predicted that the mod would not really be ready until the end of this week.
    I tried to get it out the door a week early just to see if I could but all this time mana regen was acting like Magic Power skill = 1.
I kept adjusting the number of points I thought mages were getting but actually in the hand off between troop level storing skills and agent level virtual skills the wrong location was being queried. 

Plus, my least favorite class got quite a tune up, since even though _I_ think its for low lifes and scum bags, its also the ONLY class people try out when "evaluating" the mod "fairly" and they all give 100% thumbs down to necromancers.  Which, I should grateful for because their spiritual energies and such aren't bombarding me, but all their hate is not useful.  They say "its your hate, mr Jr Dev.  We're just innocently day dreaming of slaughtering stuff and looting villages and partaking of the salve trade and you're like issuing hate on us."  Why don't I just hmm lick the spoon and give them what they want?  Mostly because its a cheap sell out.  If what _I_ want means dog poop, then why labor for these clowns.  They won't say thank you.  They aren't exactly going to tip me. I can't get a job out of it.  So from my perspective, its all time flushed down the toilet at a time in my life when time to waste is the exact one commodity I'm out of.  I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the next 6 1/2 years until some sort of social security check, but thats about the top reason I can give for not jumping off a big rock.  This and my daughter that knows me; neither of which have anything to do with this mod.

I did sell out today.  I made Necromancers comfortable again. Just so they would not as a huge group bump heads with me.  I'll take it away if they get carried away.  But if they stay quiet and stop asking for more demon worship, unclean things, melting down villagers to make more undead, demands to make a shadow knight (I mean, there's no pay right? I'm supposed to piss away my life making stuff that I cant stand for what?  Its not a contract with Guspav to make Satanic vibes.  I make art.  Just art.  My way.  I work long and hard at it. So NOONE should tell me what to do.  Its not like any of the "suggestions" people will lift a finger to do the work.  So thats why "suggestions" is locked.  Now, having said that, I have plans.  LOTS of them.  But I want to do what _I_ want, not what anyone else wants.  I'm the one doing the work.  Just to be clear.

But I did give a huge buff for necromancers.  Right after locking them down because they were exploit central before.
All of this sideshow prevented more cool things, such as personal flight, aerial combat, swimming in 3D, teleports, and things BETTER than necromancy. But instead of looking forward, a huge part of the community only looks backwards.  They want to social justice fight me when its not their mod.  2014 was theirs.  If Guspav wants to make unclean things, and that's all the mod is about, then he can come here and do so. I thought the mod was about magic and religion - and expanding the borders of the mind.  I've BEEN doing that work.  I see nothing wrong with magic done cleanly -- it certainly is more spiritually and ethically presented than say napalm from a B-52 bomber.  But I personally dislike making stuff that is demon centric, unclean centric, and advocates something un-neccessarily perverted, and then having to sign it like it was art to be proud of.  Its not.  Its like taking a dump and calling it sculpture.  It doesn't even sell.

So please let me do MY things. Please.  Instead of YOUR things.  I may just have some thing worth sharing that neither of us has a gut adverse reaction to.  But if there is no peace, then you best start writing the mod yourself. And you have a LOT of catching up to do.  I at least used up my life to but at least I do the work. Match me, or let me do it MY way.  I think I have 5 to 8 more years of life.  I don't plan to waste any of it.

So anyway, this is all I feel like saying about Necromancers.  And I will simply delete everything else said about them.  Just play the game instead of championing some class better left dead.  When I look at the posts historically, more than half mentioned they wanted more undead stuff.  More than half.  Why?  Its just one of 10 classes.  Its not the best class.  Or the most interesting. Or the one I'd like to be locked into forever, when I die.  Which comes "Soon".  You're young.  I'm not.

Necromancers are my favorite enemies.  Guilt free experience.  Fiefs I can take in good consciousness, and which I can populate with living immigrants. 

I do not give a rat ass how easy necromancers are to play.  Just the opposite, really.  The only time I was remotely tempted, for a picosecond, was when people claimed that they were impossible to play, but then creepiness overcame challenge.

===================

Unfortunately, spear bracing does not animate properly.  When you start bracing, you go into the T-pose, and when teh spear is braced, instead of the ready animation, you asume some sort of relaxed, stooped up posture.

This is your project put work into what you want take out what you don't. I personally like having them in the game for diversity but if they are causing that much headache and taking up so much time just dump them in the trash and move on to the things you wanna do.

geneharped said:
oh and on a side note what do you think of the custom troops

I want to know little bit different. are you really going to keep two different phantasy? 155 and 156?

whydott said:
geneharped said:
oh and on a side note what do you think of the custom troops

I want to know little bit different. are you really going to keep two different phantasy? 155 and 156?

This is a good question.  One thing that matters to me is the ability to save a game to cloud and pull it to my second computer to continue progress.
In v156 this works perfectly, but in v155 every time I restore the game to another PC I have lost the custom tree.  I find therefore custom trees more work than they are worth, in my situation.  If I can ever find a way to turn them on/off so that I was not forced to use them (and they only turn on when you have your own kingdom right now, so they have a second limit) - well, they allow me to have unique troops and maybe with spell items they let me almost do what I already have in native with Elf and Drow troops, but technically Drow are superior with priestesses as well as full mages, while Blazing Hand for example are vastly superior.  Even the necromancer's faction's mummies which are much weaker than custom troops have liches and necromancers added.  So I will say v155 seems to be an experiment that is less satisfying to me than v156.

I'm curious how the magic weapon additions work out, and I wanted to watch the spears in more detail, but having to burn 30 minutes making a troop tree (and that only can be done when not training troops at the constable) -- well, that really burns me.

The one good thing is the two versions are almost the same, so changes for v156 normally go into v155 quickly.

---
  On a different note:
    a) today I'll try to adjust the auto-buy food diplomacy item into separate food and drink sections so as to fit on one page

b) I'd like to go flying again, but its a lot of work finding unused keys to turn with.
          Of course, PBOD has no clue as to how to respond to a flying agent.
          This is why I did it only from the village scene, which I imagined has no fighting, but that is not true for village raids and village bandits. 
      So I turned flying off all these months.  I've been able to fly for at least 2 1/2 years, with the last test in October 2017 in THIS mod:
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,369679.msg8856264.html#msg8856264

geneharped said:
This is your project put work into what you want take out what you don't. I personally like having them in the game for diversity but if they are causing that much headache and taking up so much time just dump them in the trash and move on to the things you wanna do.

I agree this. so much.

Back
Top Bottom