Author Topic: Playerbase Archives - Write your history  (Read 1134 times)

Harkyn

• Knight at Arms
  • Political Rambler
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Harkyn
Playerbase Archives - Write your history
« on: April 09, 2018, 04:14:26 AM »
With the latest revival of MoR/MnG I am curious how many old players remain, so to find out and to generally aim to increase activity on this forum board please feel welcome to detail your past experiences with MnB's Roman mods, whether it be MnG, MoR, RaW or any other.

Vitallion the Mad

• All that is Roman belongs to me
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vitallion/
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: VII_Legatus_Vitallion
  • WBNW
Re: Playerbase Archives - Write your history
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 09:26:19 AM »
With the latest revival of MoR/MnG I am curious how many old players remain, so to find out and to generally aim to increase activity on this forum board please feel welcome to detail your past experiences with MnB's Roman mods, whether it be MnG, MoR, RaW or any other.

All of them.
All of them have seen my inailable autism.
Heil Vitallion.

Harkyn

• Knight at Arms
  • Political Rambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 09:57:13 AM »
- Joined IV_FF under Edwards in the summer of 2013.

- Stayed with the IV_FF through several roman mods and revival attempts. 2013-2016.

-Became a CO under Edwards with Currie in MoR's 2016 Revival. - Left MnB completely after the MoR revival attempt died in late 2016.

- Recently came back with Currie to re-establish the IV_FF in this 2018 revival attempt.

Vitallion the Mad

• View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 10:02:15 AM »
- Recently came back with Currie to re-establish the IV_FF in this 2018 revival attempt.

GUIS JOIN

- Assigned Equite in the XI GC's original ESA (Equites Singulares Auguste)
- Stayed on through Scipio's ESA revival
- Created and led the Morna
- Moved to RaW upon MnG death and joined Legio II TF under Windbusche
- Assumed command of Legio II when Wind left
- Merged with Legio XIII under Jorvasker to form the XXI Rapax
- Created MoR
- Created and led the XIV, Silures, Predavensi and Marcomanni in respective revivals
- Merged Marcomanni into Iceni
- Recreated MnG

And here we are.
- Created and led the XIV, Silures, Predavensi
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:38:54 AM by Vitallion the Mad »

David Stark

• Sergeant Knight
  • Back from the dead.
    • YouTube - DoctorWarbandHD
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: DoctorWarbandHD
  • WBNW
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 01:22:45 PM »
This honestly brings me back. I remember when I was young and stupid (somewhere around 14-15) that this mod was developed by Jarvis and the lot. Where all of this has gone I don't know. It was honestly the best Roman mod, until someone (not sure whom anymore) developed MoR and split the communities, which eventually killed both.

My first legion was the XII, after that I left in favor of Legio v, and after I up and went, and opened Legio XII again, we had a point that we would go all together on a 40 slot server and we would be half the people playing. It was a good time.
Now instead of playing make-believe swords, I play not make-believe modern warfare in the military. :P

Harkyn

• Knight at Arms
  • Political Rambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 01:52:07 PM »
This honestly brings me back. I remember when I was young and stupid (somewhere around 14-15) that this mod was developed by Jarvis and the lot. Where all of this has gone I don't know. It was honestly the best Roman mod, until someone (not sure whom anymore) developed MoR and split the communities, which eventually killed both.

My first legion was the XII, after that I left in favor of Legio v, and after I up and went, and opened Legio XII again, we had a point that we would go all together on a 40 slot server and we would be half the people playing. It was a good time.
Now instead of playing make-believe swords, I play not make-believe modern warfare in the military. :P
Well your name takes me back years, jesus. Happy to see you still alive.

Though, I'm not quite sure what you mean with the community split. The OG MnG community fully died when Scipio's mod team deleted all of the download links and 'officially closed' it on the forum. Several attempts were made after include Javis' which you mentioned. Point being is that MoR, RaW etc as far as I believe were spawned by the community members in response to the MnG Dev team quitting and not them being used as a tool to kill MnG itself (Correct me if I'm wrong).

And if anything can be used to describe MnG it's "What is dead may never die".
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:55:22 PM by Harkyn »

David Stark

• Sergeant Knight
  • Back from the dead.
    • View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 02:13:35 PM »

Though, I'm not quite sure what you mean with the community split. The OG MnG community fully died when Scipio's mod team deleted all of the download links and 'officially closed' it on the forum. Several attempts were made after include Javis' which you mentioned. Point being is that MoR, RaW etc as far as I believe were spawned by the community members in response to the MnG Dev team quitting and not them being used as a tool to kill MnG itself (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Honestly do not recognize your name, sorry man.
The only person I remembered from Scipio's mod team was Jarvis, because he did stuff for them at some point, and I supported him a lot after with Veiled Stars (which died very quickly).
Anyways you're probably right, my 15-16 year old mind remembers what it wants.  :)

Vitallion the Mad

• View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 07:20:22 PM »

The only person I remembered from Scipio's mod team was Jarvis, because he did stuff for them at some point, and I supported him a lot after with Veiled Stars (which died very quickly).
Anyways you're probably right, my 15-16 year old mind remembers what it wants.  :)

MoR got thrown together from the scraps of MnG with some **** texture work in 2014 as a response to MnG shutting down. Jarv tried to revive MnG with Delcore in 2016 but couldn't compete. We only recently decided to convert everything fully into MnG.

Also:

I f***ing have 5th rate in kick-boxing and I got a knife bigger than your leg so shut up idiot.

Nice to see you again, been a while.

David Stark

• Sergeant Knight
  • Back from the dead.
    • View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 07:24:23 PM »
I see my 14 year old cuck self will forever be remembered in these parts.
Oh well. Good to see you all I guess, even though I don't recognize anyone.

Vitallion the Mad

• View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 07:26:20 PM »
I see my 14 year old cuck self will forever be remembered in these parts.
Oh well. Good to see you all I guess, even though I don't recognize anyone.

Aye, the old famous types left long ago (in 2016). The likes of Saul, Delcore and Peton have all passed into myth now. Im not even sure they existed.

David Stark

• Sergeant Knight
  • Back from the dead.
    • View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 07:27:30 PM »
Who existed?  :shock:
(click to show/hide)

Vitallion the Mad

• View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 07:37:15 PM »
(click to show/hide)

We kept the old clan threads just so we could double check that our edgy 16 year old stages actually happened.

David Stark

• Sergeant Knight
  • Back from the dead.
    • View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 08:20:47 PM »
(click to show/hide)

We kept the old clan threads just so we could double check that our edgy 16 year old stages actually happened.
Yes! Good job.

Harkyn

• Knight at Arms
  • Political Rambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 10:01:00 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Didn't expect you to remember me since I never used the forum till the MoR days. I just remember your name from my constant silent stalking of the forum during that era and seeing you on all of the old threads.

Currie

• Legatus, IV Flavia Felix
    • Steam - MaccaUK
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Macca / Currie
  • WBNWWF&SVC
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 10:01:09 PM »

Also:

I f***ing have 5th rate in kick-boxing and I got a knife bigger than your leg so shut up idiot.

Nice to see you again, been a while.
Oh boy.