Let's Play - Prophesy of Pendor 3.9 - Only ladies allowed! - Now in English!

Users who are viewing this thread

You can win that battle but it would be very costly to your special army.
The empire marshal will head there straight away so just find where he is and wait for him to arrive.

Plasquar said:
Gorvex said:
I usually don't make screenshots of my battles[...]

Do it.  :shifty:
I'm interested in your current army, since you're doing something similar. Females.  :cool:
Ok, just for now, just for you :razz: I'll show everything I can think of, just to be sure :grin: My party composition, stats and equipment are nothing spectacular, just a note.

4D61AB6A151F03C78B3556D43D848EE32C18869F
D404673D04848DBF657AA5DA2FEDB52203390AD5
DCD3DC7823A7542DD57AD4A9F6BB7571DE55975F
653CF49EEA34DE15155C0C975F1FA636CD7EF9C3

CCDEA03B5538A443DFF71DB447C1354FBA03E905
D5C4A1EEFE98B011276F72251099FC0CF8AE2D1B
6BB42F4DD3223A9968628DA786447D9731868572
E2EFADA130919FA85DA06380C026A6636CA3E7FB

===========

Now onto the battle ahead I spoke about :razz: (that you wanted to see)
9680C85FED25D6C8B3658F3AB7A7AC3ABD559CC2
539BB68533A9DB5A7EE69800F4F083A4A0EEB7C9
E9F4236153B62A7BC4F110E03A6EA87E6BF41E3B

2493C80AF3C946F3348B18B4F10B6B3086E3A47C

D3803BD005E57405E0431FC9F8366A9C259FAD79
*Changed gear just before battle, as I noticed I've got something more protective.
5EC003878C40873C82CB59E5CD3AB420097BACF1

EA3AA9C65B5C78664A5C4B965D8ED862A0AFE5E2

A578C12CCCEF4ABEC4E8F0FE845396F53AB3748D
*When the odds started to turn against us, I ordered all Jatu to mount back on their horses and just charge.
B90C3BABB8D2AC2D6A6EAC6F48FA6A87BB66472C

B3DFEDFAB4218E72B20F64E728A5B6661DC2FE5A
25DAF5A9CE93FB8E7EE61535E13BE1C3F6A0FC2C
E7F6783A7EACDEDAB07292E9B36E917EF542BAD8
FEA29F1905987AE6A142C98B64FBC392F0EE910F

Plasquar said:
I'm still not sure if I should join the battle...
Because I found Maltise right next to a marshall lord before with over 2000 units but I still couldn't manage to lure them into each other, so I have to rely on other strategies.  :wink:
Try getting positive relations with given faction by helping their lords/caravans/peasants in battles. That way, their lords will join you from the distance, so you won't have to clash Maltise into that marshall force directly, just get her close enough. And try using the AI's sudden increase of spotting distance during a nighttime -> dawn cycle if any of them are too afraid to get close enough.

Plasquar said:
99% of my army are archers so I thought I could just place them somewhere safe on the walls and let them snipe everyone who is able to climb the ladders.
I'm not sure if they'd be able to kill them fast enough...
axvEdCq.jpg
If those Asp Vanguards are able to get close... rip.
If I remember it correct, I can't retreat as well, so as soon as the battle starts, it's either them or us.  :meh:
Could work, and you have your chance to beat her in a siege defense after all. Especially if there will be some more lords joining the siege before Maltise getting wounded, and if you manage to position those elite archers samewhere safe, where they have a clear line of sight. But I really don't want to drive you into a wrong decision, so I warned you... The battles I did so far were very decisive in our favor (because I chose enemies carefully), and didn't had to risk anything.

Plasquar said:
But that would increase the chance for Maltise to get knocked out I guess?

Yeah it would but there is still a very good chance she won't.
I helped defend Ethos against Sylas Ulz and it took me a while to get there, the battle was about 60% finished but Sylas was still at full health.
The problem with empire towns is that once you lose the walls your archers become kinda useless and it just ends up becoming a massive melee deathball.

Gorvex said:
[A long post]

Fashion Police.  :iamamoron:
Cool screens, I always enjoy looking at other peoples armies.
I think you're using the Hawkwood(?) Bow? Because it looks just like the one I'm using right now.

500 Battle size, huh? What are your FPS in big battles? 500+ always drops me below 60 FPS.  :???:

Gorvex said:
Could work, and you have your chance to beat her in a siege defense after all. Especially if there will be some more lords joining the siege before Maltise getting wounded, and if you manage to position those elite archers samewhere safe, where they have a clear line of sight. But I really don't want to drive you into a wrong decision, so I warned you... The battles I did so far were very decisive in our favor (because I chose enemies carefully), and didn't had to risk anything.

I'll risk it now I guess.
A siege battle is probably the best chance to defeat her army without many casualties.
I just don't want any of my Noldor ladies to die.  :neutral:

Brew said:
Yeah it would but there is still a very good chance she won't.
I helped defend Ethos against Sylas Ulz and it took me a while to get there, the battle was about 60% finished but Sylas was still at full health.
The problem with empire towns is that once you lose the walls your archers become kinda useless and it just ends up becoming a massive melee deathball.

I remember Empire units being somewhat good melee guys. I hope they'll survive long enough...

Plasquar said:
Fashion Police.  :iamamoron:
Cool screens, I always enjoy looking at other peoples armies.
I think you're using the Hawkwood(?) Bow? Because it looks just like the one I'm using right now.
I know :mrgreen: Thanks! I do enjoy too having a look at other people's playthroughs :smile:

Yeah, I'm using a Hawkstorm Bow that I managed to buy from a shop early on. On the battlefield, I also tend to use a fine Blunt Tip Lance, if the conditions let me to.
Plasquar said:
500 Battle size, huh? What are your FPS in big battles? 500+ always drops me below 60 FPS.  :???:
My fps never drops below 35 on max graphical settings, which is a good limit for me, as there's no lag still at that point. Of course, if I would fiddle a little with settings, like turning down water reflections, quality of shadows, antialiasing just to 2x, HDR off, etc, I could maintain 45+ fps for the same battlesize, but it's OK as is and I prefer nicer looking graphics over some fps increase, when I already have a feeling of a smooth movie. I could try overclocking the CPU as well, but I'm dubious of that providing any better results when Warband's engine is just that broken. Given that I play on a laptop, and that the engine wasn't designed for battle sizes bigger than 150, I think it's fine.

Plasquar said:
Gorvex said:
I'll risk it now I guess.
A siege battle is probably the best chance to defeat her army without many casualties.
I just don't want any of my Noldor ladies to die.  :neutral:
I never-ever tried to beat the Dread Legion in a siege defense, that's why I couldn't give you a proper opinion. But if this helps you, I did some tests a while ago, and I managed to beat a ~650 sized Dread Legion with 300 Ravenstern Rangers using disgusting terrain advantages (like holding positions on really really steep hills :grin:)

The Empire units are decent, but their regular top tier infantry aren't that tanky at all. They can still dish out quite a lot of damage, but only if they got the upper hand and can cover each other's backs. However, you'll have some Immortals as well, which are on a different level :grin:. And the Empire Crossbowmen / Armored Crossbowmen are good ranged units, while the latter are amazing in melee as well.

I defended Ethos twice against the dread legion in last version, they sacked it on their third attempt as I was besieging Sendarfall at the time of the attack and I lost 1600 recruits and 500 mid tier garrison :facepalm:
If it was a D'Shar, Ravenstern or some of the Sarleon towns I would say you could hold it without much trouble.
The problem with Empire towns is that once you lose the walls(which will happen) , its very hard to get your archers/xbows to support the melee deathball, there just isn't enough room to set up a decent archer line and your own troops will block their aim and reinforement waves have to pass through the archers.
As I said find out who the Empire marshal is(notes section under factions), then find out where he is as he will respond the second the siege starts.

Gorvex said:
I never-ever tried to beat the Dread Legion in a siege defense, that's why I couldn't give you a proper opinion. But if this helps you, I did some tests a while ago, and I managed to beat a ~650 sized Dread Legion with 300 Ravenstern Rangers using disgusting terrain advantages (like holding positions on really really steep hills :grin:)

The Empire units are decent, but their regular top tier infantry aren't that tanky at all. They can still dish out quite a lot of damage, but only if they got the upper hand and can cover each other's backs. However, you'll have some Immortals as well, which are on a different level :grin:. And the Empire Crossbowmen / Armored Crossbowmen are good ranged units, while the latter are amazing in melee as well.
I wonder if I will be able to control the Baccus units in that siege?

Vigidr said:
Wann geht's denn weiter? :razz:

Ich hab ein kleines Video schnell dazwischengeschaltet, in dem ich erklär, was los ist. Youtube interessiert sich nicht besonders for NoName-Youtubers, d.h. von mir hochgeladene Videos brauchen manchmal mehrere Tage, um von Youtube bearbeitet zu werden und die beste Qualität zu kriegen.
Die nächste Episode ist schon seit 4 Tagen hochgeladen, aber wurde immer noch nicht bearbeitet. Leider kann ich da nur warten...  :neutral:

Brew said:
As I said find out who the Empire marshal is(notes section under factions), then find out where he is as he will respond the second the siege starts.

I guess I'll have to do that. I really don't want to endanger my Noldor girls.  :meh:

Plasquar said:
I wonder if I can control the Baccus units in that siege?
I'm not sure what are the requirements for being able to command an allied army beside being the marshall (marshalls can always command allies, both in sieges and on the battlefield). But I remember that when I jumped into a siege to defend Singal against Holy Inquisitor Rasmus Devatica, I was an independant force with positive relations towards the D'Shar, and yet I could still command all of their units. And I just found this comment on steam community:
You do need to be marshall to order around other lords and their troops. Ally troops without a lord will always listen to you. Also, some sort of bug means that you always have full control during seige battles.
Which proves my suspicion that you can control all troops in sieges, regardless of your position. At least in siege defense.

Plasquar said:
I really don't want to endanger my Noldor girls.  :meh:
Yeah, that's the only thing that makes it a tough decision, as you are risking a Qualis Gem investment for another Qualis Gem. And the siege defense of Janos sucks a bit, as @Brew mentioned it as well. Well, however it will be, it won't be the end of the world. You can just regain your party, as there's an infinite supply of female troops and Qualis Gems, given enough time :grin:

Any news on the state of the siege? Did other Empire lords join in?

Gorvex said:
Any news on the state of the siege? Did other Empire lords join in?

I was able to control everyone, which surprised me. 0 relation with the Baccus Empire but I could control them nevertheless.

The siege itself went... lets say, it went okay.  :shifty:
We won and keeping the Noldor girls away from the melee fight ended up being a good idea.

They stayed far away from the ladders and were able to kill everyone who dared to enter the walls.
Maltise and her powerful Asp Vanguards never (really) managed to climb the ladders.

You can see them in the back:
wgyL82r.jpg

Spending a Qualis Gem for those girls really pays off.  :shock:

Wow, congratulations! :smile: I wouldn't have guessed that you won't face much trouble in that siege. The placement of those Noldor Maiden Rangers must've been a strong factor :iamamoron: Did you capture Maltise in the end?

Gorvex said:
[...]as Noldors love to die at unexpected times...

You jinxed it... I lost some... :sad:

Nevermind, does anyone know the situation after a big battle when you just want to release everyone and keep clicking "You are free to go" and accidently click it when you were not supposed to do so?

0LVSLnZ.gif

:shock:

You should keep an eye on the armies/heroes that are spawned(in the reports section) to avoid another incident like that.
Try for the noldor bow its a big improvement(really accurate) and helps a lot when fighting on foot, sieges and when you are stationary on a mount.
You can get a fine(+1 damage) version from Quigfen or the noldor tournaments.

Plasquar said:
Gorvex said:
[...]as Noldors love to die at unexpected times...
You jinxed it... I lost some... :sad:

Nevermind, does anyone know the situation after a big battle when you just want to release everyone and keep clicking "You are free to go" and accidently click it when you were not supposed to do so?

0LVSLnZ.gif
Told ya... That's the problem with buying Noldor troops. They are not a permanent investment like buying elixirs for example. Rune weapons are also harder to lose than Noldor units.

If I were you, I'd just cheat in a Qualis Gem from the cheatmenu, and bring back the money you spent for it through the export/import character feature :wink:. You definitely earned it, and it was just a misclick :roll: Less frustration, more happiness :party:

Brew said:
Try for the noldor bow its a big improvement(really accurate)

Good idea.

Gorvex said:
If I were you, I'd just cheat in a Qualis Gem from the cheatmenu, and bring back the money you spent for it through the export/import character feature :wink:. You definitely earned it, and it was just a misclick :roll: Less frustration, more happiness :party:

I don't think I'll do that. As Oswald said... we will meet again.  :shifty:
Btw feel free to share some more screens from the Fashion Police.  :roll:

Plasquar said:

0LVSLnZ.gif

i Facepalmed hard at this lol, that's why i always check the Lords ''Personality'' when Capturing or releasing, and it gives me enough time to know who i'm dealing with.

Back
Top Bottom