[EG II] TALES OF HARDY ADVENTURERS

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a hunter named Denemir to lvl 6 with these settings, but he died.

Now lets go with an onyx castle guard mangling enemies with the blade stolen from Rolf :grin:

kosmik said:
Reallt not big fan of the morale thingy, i just hate hunting those bear clan member on battle scene with my deerand bear hunters.

I know its a slight annoyance, I'll fix it somehow later.
for now you have the option to TAB out of battle once you've routed the enemy, and fight the remainder again.

said:
Got a hunter named Denemir to lvl 6 with these settings, but he died.

that's not bad! hunter takes some luck to become great -- need to find a great bow.

A new merchant set out adventuring, with Patrick as his companion.

After testing the bravery of his hired caravan guards on some bear clan scouts,

eg51wh1.jpg

he traveled farther from Zendar and came upon a group of Nord deserters at night.

eg52ag5.jpg

seeing three of their comrades trampled by the horses, the remaining nords tried to flee.

a lot of shields were left as spoils of battle

eg53ug3.jpg

after selling the shields in a nearby town the merchant could afford a simple blade and spear to replace his dagger

eg54op3.jpg

the King of Nords hears about the deeds of the merchant and offers him a place in his service

the merchant quickly agrees and at sunrise he leaves the city out in search of more riches
his caravan guards chase down a small group of northern scouts but are not able to capture any loot

eg56ht8.jpg

the merchant decides to move his party into the snowy khergit plains

eg58wl8.jpg

he attacks a prisoner train that is transporting Vaegir subjects
the Khergits put up a good fight, killing several caravan guards, but are ultimately defeated in a bloody end

eg59un3.jpg

the loot from the battle allows him to pay salary to the surviving guards

eg62dw7.jpg

and the rescued Vaegirs are happy to join his service

eg61yo4.jpg

feeling more wealth ahead, he buys new gear and horses for his veteran caravan guards

eg63rl7.jpg

coming across a swadian partol that is the same size as his party the merchant decides to risk it and fight.
the first swadian knights smash into his lines and injure some of his infantry

eg64ez9.jpg

the caravan guards come to the rescue and draw the rest of the swadians away

eg65ku5.jpg

the Swadian heavy infantry arrives but is held back by Vaegir arrows

eg66hk6.jpg

the merchant decides to join his caravan guards in chasing of Swadian Knights
but quickly changes his mind when a dehorsed Knight nearly cripples his horse with his battle bace

eg69rp9.jpg

after the battle is won the merchant is pleased with his share of the loot

eg67me7.jpg

although no trophies are found, he now has enough gold to buy a balanced long sword for Patrick, who is now level 3, and pay the 3000 gold wages to his army when the time comes.
Having reached level 3, and personally killed 4 enemies, the merchant decides to spend a day relaxing in one of the taverns.

Made a khergit prince to stay out of harm's way in battles :smile:

Gathered all 4 heroes before doing serious battles, put them on pack horses and got bow + 2 quivers + shield for myself. Hehe, yes, no melee weapon - gonna be all wary and watch out, you know... Anyway, I can make a run to baggage any time.
Still, one of the rhodock skirmishers in a refugee group (yeah, I'm khergit, I kill women for fun) managed to get me headshotted above my large shield when I was cruising around them draining their bolts... Wooh, I will fully recover from that blow. Go me!

10 level now, no vassalage, small pack of random mounted guys, mostly my kin. Head armor will be top priority in days to come, I guess - darned headshots...

Suicide Story continued:
Beginning of Suicides Story: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,37529.0.html

screencaptureprofessiondj3.bmp

Once I was done fighting my Sixth Battle, The Messanger. I arived at zender gambling my trophyfor a Spirited Saddle Horse (sold: 1291 denars) and Nordic Sword (sold: 214 denars). Nothing great, but nothing really disapointing suicide. He then hired some Veterans and left Zender to search for more frays.

Battles:

Seventh - Bear Clan Scouts (5)
Leveled to level 4  :smile:

Eighth - Bear Clan Scouts (6)

Ninth - Bear Clan Band (21)
With suicide he had my 7 Veteran Mercenaries and Rolf  :smile: Biggest Battle for Suicide so far!

End Results:

Tenth - Nord Deserters (10)
Suicide Versed them with his 7 Veteran Mercenaries, Rolf Refused to fight this battle (he was wounded). But since Rolf didn't  fight that battle, more kills for Suicide  :smile: Suicide leveled to level 5 after that battle.

Eleventh - Swadian Deserters (13)
Rolf Joined this fight, he was now healed and pumped up, But only 6 veterans faught this battle. Suicide faught like a superhuman and gained a level, He now is a level 6  :smile:

End Results:

Twelfth - Vaegir Deserters (7)
Stupid and Crazy, I must say. Suicide attacked the Vaegir's with only 3 Veterans on his side! here he made a quote 'If I die, at least it's not from a sword'. Suicide said that only because a arrow he can't block, but a sword he can. dying from a sword is pity to him. Knowing that all he had to do, he entered battle, with no fear, he looked at his veterans. A drift of wind blew past his face. 'Cold' he thought. Colder than any other battle. Goose bumps ran up his spine. "Charge!!!!!" he shouted. There he charged with his veterans. The battle was feirce. The Vaegirs had 2 footmen, 3 marksmen, and 2 Horsemen. The Veterans got distracted by the Horseman and Followed them. Leading the 2 footmen to charge Suicide. The Marksmen were too busy shooting the Veterans to charge Suicide. Suicide Hacked his way threw the footmen. Then as Suicide turned back, He saw his men fleeing! As he was running up the hill, His mind went blank. There he saw a marksmen, about 10 meters away, locked on to suicide.
  Suicide, dropped to his knees... He felt death:
screencaptureprofessionot1.bmp

Suicide, Dead:
screencaptureprofessionon6.png

I kinda don't like morale either...I started, but my game was really crappy cause I kept getting knocked out and ****, so I'm gonna start over. I'm trying to decide whether its better to invest in fighting skills or party skills earlier. Like whether I should focus on staying fast and keeping my men alive, or whether I should go heavy on PS and Ironflesh so I can fight more.

Good run Boca!
I'd say your mistake was using too few troops -- I would keep hiring some bear clan warriors from Ramun and try to get a few Bear Clan Leaders out of them. And carrying a shield for approaching archers is useful.

gamerwiz09 said:
I kinda don't like morale either...I started, but my game was really crappy cause I kept getting knocked out and ****, so I'm gonna start over. I'm trying to decide whether its better to invest in fighting skills or party skills earlier. Like whether I should focus on staying fast and keeping my men alive, or whether I should go heavy on PS and Ironflesh so I can fight more.

depends on what kind of character you start with. Ironflesh is very useful because it not only gives you more hitpoints but also reduces chances of wounds/death.

I'll think what to do about morale.. maybe I'll make it optional for now (although I perfer to keep the mod the same for everyone, without options to turn off death/morale/whatever else). What do you not like about it in particular?

Looks like so far GetAssista's Level 10 Khergit Prince got farthest. But he has no ironflesh, so every knockout is dangerous.

Setting: Praven - Castle

A meeting is going on, with all lords of swadia and King Halarus, King of Swadia. A Developing Man, also joining the meeting. His name is Lion. The king of Swadia has an important task for Lion and must be finished in a day. As the king is explaining the task, a knock on the door interupts.

Peasant: My Lord! My Lord!
King: It's him again!
Swadian Footmen: Want me to kill him for ya?

King Harlarus gives him a blank stare.

King: It's my son you dumb-nut! Open up the door!

The Footmen rolls his eyes and whispers under his breath

Swadian Footmen: I know...
King: What was that? Hmp! Never mine, just hurry with the door!

The door opens. King Halarus son is the messager for Swadia and brings King Halarus to a corner away from the meeting.

King: what is it now?
Son: Well, There's some up coming news for your guest..

King Halarus's son gasps for air.. and starts to speak again.

Son: His brother died.

Lion over hears the conversations and bolts up from his chair.

King: is there something wrong, Lion?

Narrator:
  King Halarus knows Lion's older brother. He was called Suicide. Suicide and Lion never got along. See when Lion was born, already at age 6 Suicide had been attached to his father, like a leech. They did everything together. They lived near a town named Zender and Killed innocent farmers passing by, Suicide and their Father. As they grew older Lion's dad disowned Lion more and more. Making Lion ferious, at age 18 Lion killed his father and ran off to Zender and became a Knight and Suicide was recuited by Bear Clan Scouts. During that time Zender were at war with Bear Clan Scouts and yet they still are. Lion then got a message from King Halarus asking for Lion's oath. Lion accepted and King Halarus became a father to Lion. Now at Age 20 Lion is still under King Halarus.

King Halarus now Knows Lion heard the conversation. Lion Bolts towards the door, heading out of the castle. King Halarus tries to stop Lion.

King: I thought you didn't care about your brother! Your Brother is nothing more than a no good piece of **** barbarian! Your Worth more than him! Your a Knight!
Lion: But he is still my brother!
King: Where suppose do you think your heading?
Lion: Zendar!
King: What for? I've got a task for you, If you leave now! I'll....I'll Renouce your oath!
Lion: Fine.

Lion Turns to King Halarus Son.

Lion: Who killed my brother?!
Son: Vaegir Deserters....
Lion: Desterters!!!??!!!
King: You heard him! Now leave!

Lion Looks at king Halarus with disgust.

Lion: How could you do this to me?

Lion than Removes him self away from Swadia and changes his name to Bloody Massacre

Bloody Massacre
His name was Lion. His New name Bloody Massacre. He is out too finish what Suicide started. Bloody Massacre was also weaker than Suicide, But Bloody Massacre was always richer and more renown. Can Bloody Massacre finish what his brother started? Or will he fail, just like Suicide did. Bloody Massacre isn't a journel guuy, he's not as detailed as Suicide is and so his Adventure begins, racing to Zender to train, so he can revenge his brother's death. He will... GET REVENGE!

screencaptureprofessioncp7.bmp

DAY 1: Level 2
Training As my brother did was a hard challenge. It Took me a hole day to complete what my brother did in 1 hour. But it was worth it all. Bloody Massacre leveld to level 2.

DAY 2:
After Finishing Training I went to search for some preys I found Bear Clan Scouts and won my first battle! I then sold the loot at Zender and Rested.

DAY 3:
After My first victory I was pumped up, I Found another group of Bear Clan Scouts! I destroyed them. It wasn't a challenge much, so I headed towards praven.

DAY 4:
Once Arriving near Praven I went to Towns to search for better equipment, no luck and built my army up to 18 men. I then found a Sisterhood of first light (15) group. I attacked. Stupid As I was, I got smoothered under their rain of arrows. Knocking me out, loosing the battle, and Captured all my men. They Stole my Warhorse, Dancer and made me suffer a severe blow to my leg (-1 agility).

DAY 5:
Shamed of his defeat, He was filled with anger. He wanted to kill, but he couldn't. He's as poor as a rat, left with no army, and his trusty Warhorse stolen. He then Remerbered about talking to Constable Harerk about hunting Bear Clan Scouts. He would reward me 100 denars for every group I kill, and I Killed 2 groups! I then started to head off to Zender

DAY 6:
On The way to Zender he found a Nord Messager (1). I attacked him. He was a worthly foe, but not good enough. For my loot I got his sword, a Nordic Sword. Then Entered Zender and claimed my 200 denars.

DAY 7:
I then Hired 20 Farmers from Rumun and went out to fight and I needed a Horse so I headed to Wercheg. On the way there I got Ambused by a Bear Clan Band (20). I surrendered, losing my Shield and 20 farmers.

DAY 8:
I then got dropped off at a nord village named Kulum, I recruited 3 Nord Recruits and headed to Zender. Once I arrived at Zender I hired 20 farmers again... and searched for a battle

DAY 9: Level 3
I Found a prey. I versed 12 white bandits. They knocked me out making me suffer a blow to the head (-1 Intelligence, -1 Agility). But in the end we won and I leved to level 3!

DAY 10:
After I won that battle I went to Zender, Sold the loot, bought a saddle horse, and a Cracked Norman Shield. Once Exiting Zender, a group of Nord Deserters(10) chased down me and my army of 17. Once I entered battle I got a axe throwned right to my face knocking me out, making me suffering a broken leg (-3 agility, -1 athletics,-1 riding) and lost my helmet. I then decided to rest at Sargoth.

DAY 11:
After Done healing for Sargoth I went to villiages to recruit men until I got Suprised attacked by a Bear Clan Band, I surrended and lost my Lionheart mail. Later that day I Dueled at Sargoth and brought my denars from 19 to 559, with my money I bought some new armor.

DAY 12: Level 4
I recruited 2 Nords and 4 Swadian Recruits today. I the headed to Buvran (Onyx Village) for some onyx recruits until I found out it was infested by 15 white bandits....ATTACK!! After the battle I leved to level 4, saved Burran, got 3 onyx recruits, and headed to Jelkala to sell the presents Burvan gave me.  :smile:

DAY 13:
Rested at Velunca, to heal my army and I. I then recruited 3 more Swadian Recuits and chased town 3 fallen warriors, the chase continued until DAY 14 in the morning.

DAY 14
I caught up the Fallen Warriors in the morning.... ATTACK!!! We won the battle, But i got knocked out, suffering a broken arm (-3 strength, -1 powerstike, -1 powerdraw). After the battle I sold my loot and rested at Uxkhal.

DAY 15
After resting the whole day at Uxkhal my legs healed and my thoughts were cleared.

DAY 16
After Waking up this morning I felt good, But not great. I still have my serious wounds which had not healed yet. I recruited 3 more Swadian Recruits and searched for a battle. I then engaged 27 refugees versing my 21 men army! Attack! I was knocked off my horse from the start of the battle and swarmed by refugees. Then eventually knocked me out, but I recovered this one completely and we won the battle! I then sold my loot at Rivacheg!

DAY 17 Level 5
Faught Swadian Deserters (12) vs. My 17 men. End Result: 8 of my men survived and Victorious! Bloody Massacre leved to level 5! With the loot I sold I bought a Balanced Knights Sword.  :smile:

DAY 18
Faught a Vaegir Messenger vs. My 35 men. End Results: No deaths of my men and Victorious!

DAY 19
Faught Refugees (34) vs. my 35 men. End Results: 10 deaths, 10 wounded of my men and Victorious!

DAY 20
Faught an Oynx Foraging Party (9) vs. My 22 men! End Results: Lost 4 men and I got knocked out causing a blow to the head (-1 Intelligence) and a blow to the leg (-1 agility). My Party Escaped and Retreated.

DAY 21
Faught Onyx Pilgrims [8] vs. my 16 men. End Results: 3 wounded men and Victorious!

DAY 22
Bought a Great Lance  :grin: and Rested up!

DAY 23
Fought Refugees (2:cool: vs. my 22 men. End Results: 3 killed, 1 wounded and Victorious!

Bloody Massacre is turning more into a Bloody Massacre and so now he is slaughtering so much, that he doesn't even have time to write in his Journal! He now will continue his journy, but will no longer tell his tale in his journal. But you will know the death date of Bloody Massacre, if there may be?

"They did everything together. They lived near a town named Zender and Killed innocent farmers passing by, Suicide and their Father."

hahaha :grin:
alright then, lets see how far his brother gets :smile:

Chel said:
"They did everything together. They lived near a town named Zender and Killed innocent farmers passing by, Suicide and their Father."

hahaha :grin:
alright then, lets see how far his brother gets :smile:
:lol: This is the first time I picked the knight, Hopefully I have luck with him. It seems easy enou-.... ****, I just got knocked off my horse... Run! DOUBLE ****! I have 0 althletics and being chased by bear clan scouts..... and I have that feeling that i'm going to be in that screwed position  :smile: Wish me luck!

Haha...I pick the Horse Trainer most of the time, and use him mainly as a swordsman with some horse archery on the side.

With the morale system, I think its mostly cause It pisses me off when all my guys start routing, and I can't stop them, even with the battle cry. And I can't keep their morale up by fighting, cause I try to stay out of the way and be more careful, cause any stray arrow or unlucky hit can kill me now, meaning I can't just rush around killing people. And because I don't kill people, my guys can't do squat in the early game, because they're to weak to beat anyone themselves, either cause they're low tier, or there's not enough, and Its hard to fight smaller parties, since theres not many around 10 or so, and even that, and anything less, is usually faster. (Yea, I know, long sentences, eh?)

Oh, and Chel, I could put a point in Athletics. Does it just not take effect, and if you do, it will only show up but not actually give the bonus?

gamerwiz09 said:
Oh, and Chel, I could put a point in Athletics. Does it just not take effect, and if you do, it will only show up but not actually give the bonus?

any points you place into a skill that you are not meant to learn will be taken away, so just don't do it. Its a waste.

If your troops are routing in battle, the battle is lost. You should know that if you're getting into a difficult fight its going to be hard to win.

As a horse tamer your starting troops are arguably the best and should have no problem defeating most parties of 20 or smaller.

Chel said:
any points you place into a skill that you are not meant to learn will be taken away, so just don't do it. Its a waste.

Wait, what does that mean? What skills are we not meant to learn? I'm guessing this refers to those point caps for certain skills for certain characters? But if the skills don't count at all, why is there a point cap?

Chel said:
Looks like so far GetAssista's Level 10 Khergit Prince got farthest. But he has no ironflesh, so every knockout is dangerous.
So true, so true

I died a funny and terribly untimely death at lev 11. Ironically, it was the Refugees  :mrgreen:
I had 40 men army with 8k total wage by then - couple lucky rescue operations netted me several Onyx cavalry and assorted knights. So there I was, completely slaughtering yet another refugee group, and I decided to take part in a melee personally, thinking that 20+ armor is enough for a buffer. And Rhodok spearman took me out from full HP in a single hit! Arrrgh...  Spear thrusts on full gallop are nasty

Jaeke said:
Blegh, wandering barbarian dead at level 14 :sad:

Level 14!

GetAssista said:
Chel said:
So true, so true

I died a funny and terribly untimely death at lev 11. Ironically, it was the Refugees  :mrgreen:
I had 40 men army with 8k total wage by then - couple lucky rescue operations netted me several Onyx cavalry and assorted knights. So there I was, completely slaughtering yet another refugee group, and I decided to take part in a melee personally, thinking that 20+ armor is enough for a buffer. And Rhodok spearman took me out from full HP in a single hit! Arrrgh...  Spear thrusts on full gallop are nasty

I am going to make one-hit knockouts less frequent.

Wonderland said:
Chel said:

Wait, what does that mean? What skills are we not meant to learn? I'm guessing this refers to those point caps for certain skills for certain characters? But if the skills don't count at all, why is there a point cap?

no, they count, but they are going to be taken away withing a few hours and the skill reduced to the limit. so you shouldn't place skill points into skill that your charracter cannot learn.

gamerwiz09 said:
Way to go and make me feel like I suck at this game. And a little stupid too.

no, just trying to help :smile:

Well here is my story, sorry if I'm not very much of a storyteller.

Samson, A wild nord got tired of living off the land, chopping wood, hunting, fishing... that sort of stuff, he wanted some real adventure. Well he was a real smart sort and had many brethren who also who wanted to go out and adventure as well.

He and his 68 Wild nord brethren set out, at first it went great, they slaughtered party after party of deserters, and eventually got the attention of King Harlus who he became a lord for. After that however the Veigeirs and Onyx where very angry at him and attacked him in a string of fights. He actually suffered Broken, Arms, Legs, Deep cuts and head injury's until he was sick of living. Since the damn Onyx couldn't seem to butcher him he rode off into a Migrating bear clan tribe wear he managed to kill 5 of em with his javelin, until they fatally wounded him. After that he just wondered around Caldria till he fadded away. He lasted 17 days before dying and 12 days after achieving level 4 status. May his other kinsmen learn from his success and failure and not repeat the same mistakes.

R.I.P. Samson, the Wild Nord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom