[Minor League] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello Nexoner, thanks for your work here.

Are first matches next week?

Will be more locations added to servers?

Will be there official break during Easter holidays?
Christian 29/03/18 - 02/04/18
Orthodox 06/04/18 - 09/04/18

Shoxi said:
Are first matches next week?
Yes, the first stage of the competition will be started after 18th of March.
Shoxi said:
Will be more locations added to servers?
No. Unfortunately, I am unable to get the servers in Germany.
Shoxi said:
Will be there official break during Easter holidays?
Christian 29/03/18 - 02/04/18
Orthodox 06/04/18 - 09/04/18
I think, it is possible to do, if the majority of participating teams will be agree with it. It this case, your dates are coincide with theoretically planned Stage 4 and Stage 6, so we can conduct the next Stage 4 on 3rd-5th of April.

Why are you doing it based upon set wins again? it kind of makes some match ups pointless, especially on entirely closed maps.

For example sandi: Nords vs Sarranids. Nords SHOULD win this match up everytime unless the teams are extremely unbalanced in terms of skill so it kind of makes this set up a pointless 1-1 instead of seeing who can grab the most rounds on the weaker faction.

It also can end up with some unfair upsets like what almost happened in the RTC finals for ICA where we had to go to Winterburg despite having won more rounds and being dominant the whole match, it literally makes no sense to replace the tried and tested round wins vs round wins format.

Shoxi said:
I like current rules for 1. About match.

It is more interesting and enjoyable to play.

So you enjoy the idea of playing against an equally skilled team for 4 maps trying to conclude a clear winner instead of just adding up rounds after the original 2 maps and concluding a close victory to one side or the other?

Normanguy said:
Why are you doing it based upon set wins again?
Good question.

The teams on match may include the different line-up. Each team may have a skillful horseman, sharpshooter and strong infantries. So there are different ways to win the each map. If my team does not have a good shooter, but we have good enough infantry and horseman, we may win the small closed map at least with score 6:4 (3:2 & 3:2). But on the next mixed map we will get the troubles, if we have not one more good horseman, and we may lose this map with 6:0 score. That is why I use map-win system to identify the true winner in the 3rd map or the next 4th, the tie-braker map.

There is nothing bad in the usual system, but there no interest for playing or watching the map with 6:0 score. I want to add more interest and intrigue to participating in this competition, giving the one more chance for that teams, who definitely losed one map, but worthily played on other map.

On the other hand, I don't like to call team a winner, which won match with 10:9 score or something like that.

Nexoner said:
Normanguy said:
Why are you doing it based upon set wins again?
Good question.

The teams on match may include the different line-up. Each team may have a skillful horseman, sharpshooter and strong infantries. So there are different ways to win the each map. If my team does not have a good shooter, but we have good enough infantry and horseman, we may win the small closed map at least with score 6:4 (3:2 & 3:2). But on the next mixed map we will get the troubles, if we have not one more good horseman, and we may lose this map with 6:0 score. That is why I use map-win system to identify the true winner in the 3rd map or the next 4th, the tie-braker map.

There is nothing bad in the usual system, but there no interest for playing or watching the map with 6:0 score. I want to add more interest and intrigue to participating in this competition, giving the one more chance for that teams, who definitely losed one map, but worthily played on other map.

On the other hand, I don't like to call team a winner, which won match with 10:9 score or something like that.

But i dont see the point of playing a third map to show a clear winner when in the scenario you gave your team wouldve lost 10-6, a match with a clear winner that would still have to go a third map and be prolonged. What im mainly complainaing about here is that matches may take an unnecessarily long time to determine a "clear" winner when the normal format does that fine. If you want to make a sort of score bracket where you'd have to go to third map to stop matches ending 10:9 etc, sure. Whatever. But prolonging matches that have a clear victor is what i have an issue with.

Maybe just do it as the big tourneys do, like you draw 8-8 out of rounds and then play Winterburg. If you're warming people up to play for the bigger tournaments, you should do it how the bigger tournaments are played.

Nexoner said:
By the way

— If the one of the first two maps has been played as draw (score 1:0), then you don't need to play 3rd map. Winner is the team, who has won this one map.

If first two maps have been played as a draw (score 0:0), then we need to play 3rd map, and the match is finished if one team wins the 3rd map (score 1:0), right?

Shoxi said:
Nexoner said:
By the way

— If the one of the first two maps has been played as draw (score 1:0), then you don't need to play 3rd map. Winner is the team, who has won this one map.

If first two maps have been played as a draw (score 0:0), then we need to play 3rd map, and the match is finished if one team wins the 3rd map (score 1:0), right?
Yes, you are right. And if there is draw again, then you play the Winterburg.

In the List of Free Players, is the status only a reference to the skill level? Or is this linked to the "Mentoring"-System as well?
Right now Apollo is listed as "Pro", I am as "Mentor". The way I understood it, they are both used synonymous in this tourney, right?
That would mean we can both only play for a team that does not have a mentor, right?

GrafBlade said:
In the List of Free Players, is the status only a reference to the skill level? Or is this linked to the "Mentoring"-System as well?
Right now Apollo is listed as "Pro", I am as "Mentor". The way I understood it, they are both used synonymous in this tourney, right?
That would mean we can both only play for a team that does not have a mentor, right?
No, I just want to highlight a main feature of player: you can be just a player from Major League — you are pro, or you can also teach some about strategy — mentor.
Pro and mentor are the same status for the player in the Minor League.

It is stupid how this system of "mentors" is doing. Everyone brings one good players who basicly carries them trough the enitre match. I tought this was supposed to be a minor league where not so good teams are going against eachother. We end up playing against good players all over again. GG

He defo carried your team. Its not about how many kills he got its just that he played supported you all really good. Which eventually got you the kills.

Back
Top Bottom