Shadowrun Party Quest

Users who are viewing this thread

To true believers, only one of them is real and the other two are fake. To non-believers, they are all "fake". The strength of Shadowrun magical lore is that there is no right answer to the question of "what powers magic" or "where does magic come from", as it all depends on the personal philosophy and world view of the magic-user in question. So a Christian magician truly believes that Jesus powers her spells, while a Qabbalah magician believes it's the Yahweh of Judaism who does it. Both are correct but only from their personal point of view. I'll leave the quibbling over whether Yahwe/Allah/Jesus are three aspects of the same divine deity or separate deities or what to theologians.

Moose! said:
What about a lady dwarf mage with a taste for bad liquor and bad men, wielding a metaphorical axe to grind against the DIMR because a rival mage pulled some strings to pull her research grant, ultimately leading to her unemployment and life of crime?

9d29079170f97ffb00857a4fcf5b52e4--online-rpg-cyber-punk.jpg

To expand a bit more...

Her name is Mira Radeva Vasilova, but her friends call her Mira. She was born in Chicago to human, immigrant, working class, semi-responsible parents who never really understood her. Her father Radko was a mechanic and an alcoholic, so she learned to get her hands dirty and keep her mouth shut. Her mother Danira taught at a downtown public school and encouraged Mira's curious disposition and cynical, self-disparaging attitude. Mira got along well enough with her human, magically-inclined little sister Katerina, but she ended up losing her to drugs (I imagine there are plenty of dangerous drugs in Shadowrun?). And as I said earlier, she had a promising academic career before it was (allegedly?) sabotaged by that jealous prick. Things went downhill after that. She dated. She drank. She couch surfed and took odd jobs and generally drifted through life in a chemically-altered daze.  Eventually, Mira realized that by abandoning her research, she could put her magical talents towards a more cynical, self-interested purpose - making money. And thus, we find ourselves with the Mira of today.

In terms of looks, I'd say the picture I posted is pretty accurate, except her hair is dirty blonde, long on one side and shaved on the other. She's definitely got a strong preference for quirky and colorful clothing, polished dress shoes, and silly Johnny-Depp-like accessories like belts wrapped around parts of the body that aren't her waist. Of course, she's not afraid to flaunt her best assets when she's in the mood or senses an opportunity - a dwarf woman ain't gonna rely on her legs to get attention when she wants it.

Dunno if augments are allowed at this stage of the game, but I'd say she's more than open to augmenting her body with cyber equipment (if that's something mages do in this game?), as seen in the picture.

Back
Top Bottom