bannersketch

Users who are viewing this thread

Poncho said:
I'm swapping the meshes. can find them in mpitems and spitems. swapping out mpitem meshes with spitem meshes so for example, in mpitems there is a mesh called vlandia_helmet_l_d. i replace that mesh with one from spitems, say aserai_helmet_m. they have to match each other in terms of where they go on the body, so helmet for helmet, bodyarmor for bodyarmor, so on so forth. You can find whatever item id a certain class has by going in mpcharacters and copying the id and pasting it in mpitems to find the mesh to replace.

Here's one I did for battania.

unknown.png

I'm curious why a lot of the older armours' used in the game look much better than a lot of the newer ones which they've been replaced by.

Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:
Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:
Poncho said:
Here's what I found for the Aserai. It seems fitting for a prince.
unknown.png
This is great ! How are you changing class armor in game files?

Clearly with magic!
Then let me drop some magic of my own with a new Piconiscketch !
As i believe Terco will do exsisting Aserai troops a rework justice and beyond, i had inspiration for a troop i would like Aserai to have and how it would look :

I imagined Hashashin with a 2 handed sabre that deals huge amount of damage as well as 12 throwing knives with decent damage, and very fast unit, it should be the fastest infantry unit in the game !
Have in mind, only 2 objects are not in game assets !
Piconi said:
Honestly amazing my man, Taleworlds should honestly hire the both of you! Incredible work. I really like the way cloth is done on that troop.
Thank you very much, inspiration does all the work really, the more i'm inspired, the faster and easier i make a sketch  :grin: ; you should try too !

Let'em NOT hire me, but let's try to make'em just consider implementing at least something of what we are making here.

Captain Obvious said:
I'm curious why a lot of the older armours' used in the game look much better than a lot of the newer ones which they've been replaced by.
Me too, it seems there actually are a lot of cool items in the singleplayer we haven't seen yet, but the classes we have in multiplayer, and the troops in troop trees we've seen don't seem to use any of them.
Not to mention Emperors and Kings, and their civilian and battle appearance is underwhelming, from what we've seen so far.

I'm going to continue making sketches whenever i get inspired though, because i don't believe Taleworlds are going to make many changes in aestetic department of troops, lords and leaders.

Piconi said:
Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:
Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:
Poncho said:
unknown.png

Clearly with magic!
As i believe Terco will do exsisting Aserai troops a rework justice and beyond, i had inspiration for a troop i would like Aserai to have and how it would look :

I imagined Hashashin with a 2 handed sabre that deals huge amount of damage as well as 12 throwing knives with decent damage, and very fast unit, it should be the fastest infantry unit in the game !
Piconi said:
Honestly amazing my man, Taleworlds should honestly hire the both of you! Incredible work. I really like the way cloth is done on that troop.
Thank you very much, inspiration does all the work really, the more i'm inspired, the faster and easier i make a sketch  :grin: ; you should try too !

Let'em NOT hire me, but let's try to make'em just consider implementing at least something of what we are making here.

Honestly, you won't want me sketching anything - my art skills are near to none xd

Piconi said:
Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:
Poncho said:
unknown.png

Clearly with magic!

I imagined Hashashin with a 2 handed sabre (1H is also feasible) that deals huge amount of damage as well as 12 throwing knives with decent damage, and very fast unit, it should be the fastest infantry unit in the game !
Have in mind, only 2 objects in this sketch are not in game assets !
This is just plain awesome. Good Job!

Captain Obvious said:
It happened the same with Kingdom come deliverance where many of the new armours are a disaster.

fedeita said:
Captain Obvious said:
It happened the same with Kingdom come deliverance where many of the new armours are a disaster.

I never really followed the earlier development of KCD so I wouldnt really know, but it didnt turn out too bad !

Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:
Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:
Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:
Poncho said:
unknown.png

Clearly with magic!

Piconi said:

Honestly, you won't want me sketching anything - my art skills are near to none xd
You could possibly share some pictures of what you find interesting and unseen in Bannerlord, yet fitting for the setting, maybe i get an inspiration to make a sketch out of it . . .

Captain Obvious said:
fedeita said:
Captain Obvious said:

I never really followed the earlier development of KCD so I wouldnt really know, but it didnt turn out too bad !
I'm not saying the game turned out bad, honestly their models are far better than bannerlord's ones but not so "correct" as it seemed in the beta: armours became bulky, flat in the chest area and are like made of plastic.
I was disappointed also by the design of some of the main characters that sometimes is awful and out of context:
kcdeliv005.jpg

latest

maxresdefault.jpg
and two screens from the beta:
Kingdom-Come-Deliverance-news-01-1024x582.jpg

KingdomCome_sword_fight.jpg

Captain Obvious said:
Are you referring to the armors displayed by Poncho as "older armors"? If so, why? I would think that they are just other pieces of armor in the game which we will see in singleplayer or mp character customization.

Piconi said:
Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:
Poncho said:
unknown.png

Clearly with magic!

I imagined Hashashin with a 2 handed sabre (1H is also feasible) that deals huge amount of damage as well as 12 throwing knives with decent damage, and very fast unit, it should be the fastest infantry unit in the game !

Very well done! :party: :party:

FBohler said:
Piconi said:
Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:
Poncho said:
unknown.png

Clearly with magic!

Thanks.  :grin:
If anyone glances over, i just made a really quick (thus not so pretty) sketch of an aditional unit i would like the Empire to have; a sort of Empire`s own "Varangian Guard". My toughts were that it would look something like this:

After some investigation, my conclusion is that this unit should be a heavy infantry unit with a spear, shield and a heavy 2-handed axe . Kettle helmet with full faced mail coif is mandatory to me, as it is the most recognizable feature of the Varangians...

Piconi said:
FBohler said:
Piconi said:
Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:
Poncho said:
unknown.png

Clearly with magic!

Thanks.  :grin:
If anyone glances over, i just made a really quick (thus not so pretty) sketch of an aditional unit i would like the Empire to have; a sort of Empire`s own "Varangian Guard". My toughts were that it would look something like this:

After some investigation, my conclusion is that this unit should be a heavy infantry unit with a spear, shield and a heavy 2-handed axe . Kettle helmet with full faced mail coif is mandatory to me, as it is the most recognizable feature of the Varangians...

Very cool looking, but did the Varangians wear capes to the extent shown in the pics?

I will be very annoyed if in the native game there isn't some form of special Varangian clan household unit dedicated to the Northern Emperor.

JustinTime49 said:
[...]
I will be very annoyed if in the native game there isn't some form of special Varangian clan household unit dedicated to the Northern Emperor.

"As in all the realms of Calradia, regional variation throughout the empire will be shown largely through minor factions.
[...]
And of course we have a faction based on the Varangians, the fearsome Nord guardsmen of the Emperor, who in the tumult after Arenicos' death have formed a mercenary outfit."

- Dev Blog: Empire Part 2

I bring you ( whoever may still be reading this thread ) a new Piconisketch ! Hopefully this thread will stay alive . . .
This is only 1 variation i found most appealing for each lord ( like i imagined them), but there can be quite a few, and i sure hope Taleworlds will be creative on this matter.

As you can see, the reasoning for the "Hersir" i made for Sturgia instead of "Knyaz" is that i wanted to use as much in-game items as possible, but i just couldn`t find enough items for an appropriate slavic look at the moment. That issue still remains for us to complain about to Taleworlds, Sturgia is too viking at the moment.

For that reason, i will pursuit to make a dedicated sketch of a proper slavic Sturgian "Knyaz", using outsourced material, sometime in the future when i find time.

Pretty good, i like the results this time. you should do an updated faction leader (kings/emperor/etc) now that you've got access to better tools.

Captain Obvious said:
I'm loving them all - probably apart from the Aserai, not sure it fits personally.
As i said, there could be limitless options (hopefully), the complete armor i chose is the heaviest i found fitting, and is 100% Aserai too by the way....

Maybe you were thinking about something more in the lines of this :

Captain, are you that Obvious ? . .  :fruity:

Piconi said:
Captain Obvious said:
I'm loving them all - probably apart from the Aserai, not sure it fits personally.
As i said, there could be limitless options (hopefully), the complete armor i chose is the heaviest i found fitting, and is 100% Aserai too by the way....

Maybe you were thinking about something more in the lines of this :

Captain, are you that Obvious ? . .  :fruity:

This is very very much better hehe, I likey - especially the lepard like fur.

Back
Top Bottom