SP Medieval [WB] 1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans - La Relance (Hundred Years War Submod)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seek n Destroy said:
Good luck with your project, I don't envy you though as this sounds like a lot of work. Just 4 factions are keeping me really busy I don't want to imagine all of Europe.
Thank you, like I said above, these are just plans as for now the project is terribly lacks of armors models, mostly noble plate armors. Ofcouse, there are some OSPs out there, but most of them look outdated, in other hand, some good looking one do not seem to be historical accurate. I do not worry much about armors for common soldiers because with the updated Narf's MAA osp and your offer to use 1429 La Relance assets, sure those peasants can't complain anymore  :razz:
As for weapons and horses, I've already found plenty of osps and starting to work on them, improving the look and historical aspects, likely 80% enough, still along way to go though.
Arnulf Floyd said:
Good luck for your project, Carlos
Oh why thank you  :smile:

fladin said:
YgjLA2k.jpg

Might I ask where that standing animation is from?  :smile:

I remember a couple of similar animations in Jacobhind''s Combat variety animations pack(out of which I used a couple). Might be another one though.

Seek n Destroy said:
I've got 126 possible combinations of Narf's Brigandine so far  :grin:
Wow that's great  :grin:
I was also tempted to use the code (à la Somebody) to generate/combine armors on the fly. In addition to being too lazy to make that, mixing armors from different packs, I often have to manually adapt their components ...
Anyway your approach is the healthiest (and I'm gonna to adopt it sooner or later)

Jeffrey Lynn Goldblum said:
I remember a couple of similar animations in Jacobhind''s Combat variety animations pack(out of which I used a couple). Might be another one though.
It's from Jacobhind's Combat Variety

TheDragonknight said:
Would it be possible to get a download link to this mod? also could you make it into a storyline mod?
Seek n Destroy said:
There's a softlaunch release Page 4 and hotfix Page 6.
It's already a storyline mod (or almost)

I would like to help with this mod if I can. I have started playing and it is the best story mod I have ever played. I have very little experience coding but I would like to help with the story if you need an extra writer. Also I'd like to suggest you move a download link to the front of this post and go to places like ModDB to post so more people download this amazing mod.

This is a great mod, love the quality scenes and more compact map, historic setting, french voices. Really excited for more so please keep it up.

I even like the not choosing the usual "personal revenge" type options that seem to persist in every mod. The starting options other than noble seemed pretty brutal tho.

The UI behind item icons hurts my brain, very hard to see what some items are.

didn't test alot but after failing the freelancer recruitment fight, I asked the guy to try again imediately and he didn't have his weapon out so I could kill him very easy.

edit:
also I think this would be good for realism:

Banok said:
I think you could take some pages from crpg's book in terms of inventory slots. like dropping pikes/lances on the ground instead of magically storing them in your anus.

and if you could find a way to play a blank music track when in a tavern, then you won't hear 2 songs at the same time (minor nice thing).

I reverted back the background of the UI:
60nq9.jpg
It still needs some tweaks but it's easier to differentiate some items now.

Banok said:
didn't test alot but after failing the freelancer recruitment fight, I asked the guy to try again imediately and he didn't have his weapon out so I could kill him very easy.
It can take a few seconds for him to draw his weapon which seems common for most dialog triggered combats, I'll have to check if it can be tweaked.

Banok said:
edit:
also I think this would be good for realism:

Banok said:
I think you could take some pages from crpg's book in terms of inventory slots. like dropping pikes/lances on the ground instead of magically storing them in your anus.

and if you could find a way to play a blank music track when in a tavern, then you won't hear 2 songs at the same time (minor nice thing).
I had a similar code written for spears and lances for multiplayer, the problem here is making the AI smart in its usage of lances so they don't needlessly drop it as they don't pick weapons back.

I usually play with music off so I'll check those at some point, some sounds are a bit low quality or a bit too loud compared to others so I'll add that to the to-do list.

New reply here, reminded me to upload the sword textures. :razz:
Use and/or edit as you see fit. Also, included an object dds file, mostly better clay, better planks and metal and such. Also, included a horse psd file, it is basically my attempt at a caparisoned horse. Parts of it are a grudge cloth texture I found, parts are from native files and parts from 1257AD mod. You might need to change those(I think it is the saddle and the chainmail texture under it), as I don't have a clue if the mod is open source, I just use it as a personal 'playground'. Also, I have split the horse's cover in quadrants, for easier retexturing. :wink:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fzr41u7ihv8dv19/textures_new.rar/file

Seek n Destroy said:
I reverted back the background of the UI:
60nq9.jpg
It still needs some tweaks but it's easier to differentiate some items now.
The reverted background is much easier on the eyes. Is the tanted part intended though ?
Use and/or edit as you see fit. Also, included an object dds file, mostly better clay, better planks and metal and such. Also, included a horse psd file, it is basically my attempt at a caparisoned horse. Parts of it are a grudge cloth texture I found, parts are from native files and parts from 1257AD mod. You might need to change those(I think it is the saddle and the chainmail texture under it), as I don't have a clue if the mod is open source, I just use it as a personal 'playground'. Also, I have split the horse's cover in quadrants, for easier retexturing. :wink:
Thank you! your new swords texture is absolutely stunning. Love it!
By the way, I'm working on some new scabbards for the pack, will upload them as soon as I finished
Untitled1.1530378097.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fzr41u7ihv8dv19/textures_new.rar/file
Thanks, that's definitely useful although I kind of like both sword diffuse textures so I might just end up using both  :razz:
I haven't touched the mod's horses yet but that should be quite useful to match Ettenrocal's new banners to the horses' caparisons since I believe heraldic horses is only possible through WSE.

Carlos de Tonkin said:
The reverted background is much easier on the eyes. Is the tanted part intended though ?
Sorry, I don't fully understand what you are saying. There are some issues with the texture of the player item slots which I'll try to fix or at least minimize so it's not too jarring.

Seek n Destroy said:
Sorry, I don't fully understand what you are saying. There are some issues with the texture of the player item slots which I'll try to fix or at least minimize so it's not too jarring.
Oh sorry, English isn't my native language and it's a typo :razz:. I mean is the black tainted part on the seaweed green field in the item slots intended ?

So how functional is that beta that was posted a bit back (and which page is it on?). Is it stable/functional enough or is it better to just wait for the finished release?

I havent played it alot yet, but it seems pretty stable/functional. but looks like modders have posted quite a few improvements/fixes in their builds, so I might wait for those.

the quests seem dope tho, definitely one to watch while waiting some more years for bannerlord.

I don't think its the sort of mod that changes gameplay alot from native (such as like tld), but just is in a much more authentic/historic/imersive setting imo than caladria/fantasymods.

again I really haven't played it that much yet tho.

Banok said:
I havent played it alot yet, but it seems pretty stable/functional. but looks like modders have posted quite a few improvements/fixes in their builds, so I might wait for those.

the quests seem dope tho, definitely one to watch while waiting some more years for bannerlord.

I don't think its the sort of mod that changes gameplay alot from native (such as like tld), but just is in a much more authentic/historic/imersive setting imo than caladria/fantasymods.

again I really haven't played it that much yet tho.
I've played the hell out of the original version with the basic (incomplete) translation. Quests were mostly impossible to figure out sometimes but otherwise it was pretty great. Especially with how the mod dispels troop tree bloat that infests popular warband mods where it takes months to fully level up some troops - or even longer.

I made scabbards for 27 albion swords (except some viking swords) in the HYW_arms.brf file from 1429 HD version, used a native scabbard model. Hope this pack will help 1429 La Relance team :grin:.
P/s: Not sure if the swords are from an OSP or not, so this pack is not an OSP I'm affraid (for now).
Edit: Turn out the swords are indeed come from an OSP, everyone please feel free to use the scabbards pack for your mods :grin:
SaUdv.png
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zGWT1UFlnFNOyv7nBv4pvkEPArelnATw

Very nice stuff! I'd propose version 1 of Leonion's HD texture of weapons2. And I do believe these swords are OSP, they are made by Raptor and the pack includes not only these, but most albion swords prior to 2012(Viking era and 12-13th century ones).

Very nice stuff! I'd propose version 1 of Leonion's HD texture of weapons2. And I do believe these swords are OSP, they are made by Raptor and the pack includes not only these, but most albion swords prior to 2012(Viking era and 12-13th century ones).
From my previous post you can see I used Leonion's texture, but the color seem abit off when put side by side with your sword texture, plus I kind of like the metalic detail on native texture so I ended up switch back to it.
I didn't know they are from an OSP :razz: Can you remember the exactly name of the pack ? I would love to use it for my project and make scabbards for the rest of those swords as well, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom