[Q&A] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Akruze said:
How do I use spells?
I have a spellbook and few scrolls, when I press M in battle and go to mage menu (I don't remember which class I chose) there's nothing there. When I go to the camp menu and press the copy scroll to spellbook there are no scrolls to choose from even though I have several in my inventory.
Also, when I remove the spell book from my inventory the magic tabs disappears but the necromancy remains, I want to use that weapon slot but I still can't. How can I use that slot again?

Did you start as a Magic user or as a Necromancer?  I think you started as a Necromancer.  Did you take the quest to actually have magic turned on?  It looks like you just went shopping and are wondering why you arent given full rights and responsibilities of a caster.  If you have the magic flag turned on correctly, the act of opening your spellbook OR pressing M clears one slot.  Keep the damned slot clear, please.  thank you.  If you bought a scroll but you dont have enough magic power to understand the scroll, it won't show from the "copy scrolls" action.

required Magic Power skill to scribe the spell:
  Magic missile = 1
  Shield = 1
  charm person is either 2 or 3 
  dispel Magic, Haste and Slow are 4
  lightning bolt is 5
  fireball is 5
  ice storm is 6

If you didnt actually choose magic user (and I think you chose Necromancy or it would not show in M)  then you need to finish the quest
at the mage guild to have your character marked as a mage second class.  Until then you just think you're a mage because you went shopping;
like if I buy a guitar I'm still not Eric Clapton.  Or Jimi Hendrix.  Or Stevie Ray Vaughn.  I'm just a guy with a guitar, but I'm not yet a musician.  Same thing.
there was a walk through for how to be a necromancer AND a magic user.  See the end of  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,372453.0.html

Akruze said:
How do I use spells?
I have a spellbook and few scrolls, when I press M in battle and go to mage menu (I don't remember which class I chose) there's nothing there. When I go to the camp menu and press the copy scroll to spellbook there are no scrolls to choose from even though I have several in my inventory.
some spells needs some skills in magic... 3 or 5 at last

gsanders said:
Akruze said:
How do I use spells?
Also, when I remove the spell book from my inventory the magic tabs disappears but the necromancy remains, I want to use that weapon slot but I still can't. How can I use that slot again?

Did you start as a Magic user or as a Necromancer?  I think you started as a Necromancer.  Did you take the quest to actually have magic turned on?  It looks like you just went shopping and are wondering why you arent given full rights and responsibilities of a caster.  If you have the magic flag turned on correctly, the act of opening your spellbook OR pressing M clears one slot.  Keep the damned slot clear, please.  thank you.  If you bought a scroll but you dont have enough magic power to understand the scroll, it won't show from the "copy scrolls" action.

required Magic Power skill to scribe the spell:
  Magic missile = 1
  Shield = 1
  charm person is either 2 or 3 
  dispel Magic, Haste and Slow are 4
  lightning bolt is 5
  fireball is 5
  ice storm is 6

If you didnt actually choose magic user (and I think you chose Necromancy or it would not show in M)  then you need to finish the quest
at the mage guild to have your character marked as a mage second class.  Until then you just think you're a mage because you went shopping;
like if I buy a guitar I'm still not Eric Clapton.  Or Jimi Hendrix.  Or Stevie Ray Vaughn.  I'm just a guy with a guitar, but I'm not yet a musician.  Same thing.
there was a walk through for how to be a necromancer AND a magic user.  See the end of  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,372453.0.html

I did that questionnaire in the Wizard Tower
My main question is how can I re-use this slot to wield, say, a bow. I sold my magic spell book so It's no longer in my inventory but still can't use that slot

Nathaniel3W said:
I'm on version 150j.

I can't add troops to the garrison.  It's not an option for me.
CantAccessGarrison.jpg

Long before "J", the way to add garrison troops is to go to the 2nd page of the town menu: Click on "Town Activities: Tournaments ..." and you'll go to the 2nd menu page. That's where the "manage garrison" has gone. Hope that helps. Also, you should update, if you can.

Akruze said:
I did that questionnaire in the Wizard Tower
My main question is how can I re-use this slot to wield, say, a bow. I sold my magic spell book so It's no longer in my inventory but still can't use that slot
  Fixed in M-3.  I dont organize your inventory anyway, and if you make a mistake with your inventory and still try to use spells it can blow up and spells are removed from you for 1-3 days, solving the problem.  You get all 4 slots, and its your responsibility to juggle inventory if you want to use spells, not mine now.

This should be the best news you've had all month.

"I have your download but don't know what to do with it.  This is my first time with a mod in Warband".

===
You downloaded the .7z file, and want to play the game, but don't know how to install mods for Mount&Blade Warband.

1) We should be sure you even HAVE Mount&Blade; Warband installed first. It comes from
  http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1172.exe

Run that .exe file and it self installs. That's the easy part.
Thats enough to also play "Native" game, which is the first "mod" that comes with Mount&Blade; Warband.

2) You can now navigate with Windows Explorer to your hard disk, and find where Mount&Blade; Warband installed to. On a 64-bit Windows it defaults to
c:/Program Files (x64)/Mount&Blade Warband

at that directory, you want to find a folder called "Modules"
go there and it has one folder in it Native. That is the Native game, presented as one of many potential "mods". We'll be installing Phantasy 2018 alongside it, in its own folder with a different name, so you can choose which one to run when Warband wakes up.

3) You'll need THIS program to expand the main file I provided:
7-zip.org

So basically install 7-zip, which is totally free, unlike winzip (and vastly superior), then copy the phantasy_v150j_main.7z file (or whatever the main file I left at Moddb up top to modules directory then right click on it choose 7-zip from the menu, and extract HERE. It then expands the 701 MB base file to an almost 2 GB mod that has hundreds of files, neatly stored in one folder Phantasy v150

4) start Warband and before trying to run any mod lets change some settings:
click Options: Video: and put a check mark in "Load Textures on Demand". You can now exit back to the first screen and next choose the mod (it currently shows "Native". There is a drop down menu giving a list of "mods", really just folders it found within modules folder, and hopefully one shows Phantasy v150. Select that one and the picture for the mod should change. Start that loading and go make some tea or something. On my computer it takes 1 minute 40 seconds to load, but I reckon its 3-4 minutes on a normal computer. If you make it all the way to the first menu where you can start a new character, you're done. It should at this point splash in red letters the version, in this case "v150j". That is actually 8 versions out of date but lets start small and get this far. Its far enough to explore the mod a bit and characters made with J will work with later versions also.

5) only after finishing step 4 you can delete the huge .7z file you extracted from to save space, or leave it in case you think you need to reinstall.

A bunch of questions while I'm planning the 'perfect' character...

Is there any way for a paladin to choose a specific deity, i.e. to end up with a sword instead of a hammer as his favored weapon?

Are companions affected by racial likes and dislikes, i.e. will companions from good races leave an orc player character even if everything else is fine?

Are faction troops affected by prejudice against companions, i.e. will a drow companion make elven troops lose morale?

Can prejudice keep a city's gates closed even if you have great relations with the faction otherwise?

Can prejudice keep a city's gates closed because of your army's composition even if you are a vassal or even king of the owning faction?  What about a city actually owned by you?

Do companions bicker at all?  I have two companions - one orphaned by mage hunters and one a fanatical mage hunter, and they have yet to get at each other's throats.

Tuidjy said:
A bunch of questions while I'm planning the 'perfect' character...

Is there any way for a paladin to choose a specific deity, i.e. to end up with a sword instead of a hammer as his favored weapon? NO

Are companions affected by racial likes and dislikes, i.e. will companions from good races leave an orc player character even if everything else is fine? NO

Are faction troops affected by prejudice against companions, i.e. will a drow companion make elven troops lose morale? NO

Can prejudice keep a city's gates closed even if you have great relations with the faction otherwise? YES,  I think

Can prejudice keep a city's gates closed because of your army's composition even if you are a vassal or even king of the owning faction?  What about a city actually owned by you? YES, I think

Do companions bicker at all?  I have two companions - one orphaned by mage hunters and one a fanatical mage hunter, and they have yet to get at each other's throats. There is option to disable companion complain, in PBOD Option

Tuidjy said:
Can prejudice keep a city's gates closed because of your army's composition even if you are a vassal or even king of the owning faction?  What about a city actually owned by you?

Do companions bicker at all?  I have two companions - one orphaned by mage hunters and one a fanatical mage hunter, and they have yet to get at each other's throats.

If you are your own king the town has a +5 relation with you at the gates no matter how bad your party is, but perhaps your lords will desert you later.
Also if you really are repugnant, eventually all the opposite aligned factions will declare war on you, especially if your honor is low.  For now you're getting by on lame mechanics, but don't think that just because Diplomacy is air headed that your antics will be without you having to take responsibility for your actions.  This last month you were simply given rope to prepare to hang yourself with.

As for companions bickering the mod default is to start with bickering turned off.    In standard warband once two companions find insult with each other their morale keeps lowering even if you later slide the NPC companions complaints to OFF, so by the time there is a complaint it is far too late.  By starting with it turned off there is more time for you to decide how you really want it to be handled.

gsanders said:
As for companions bickering the mod default is to start with bickering turned off.    In standard warband once two companions find insult with each other their morale keeps lowering even if you later slide the NPC companions complaints to OFF, so by the time there is a complaint it is far too late.  By starting with it turned off there is more time for you to decide how you really want it to be handled.
I do not want to keep companions happy by disabling complains.  I want to keep them happy by tracking likes and dislikes, and getting rid of conflicting personalities.  There are enough companions in this mod even if I have to get rid of two thirds of them.  So the very first thing I do is enable complaints.

I used to play the previous version, and there my companions would leave without my being able to tell why.  No one would say anything, and they would start leaving while being happy about everything.  I even have a screenshot of that, somewhere.

I just want to know be able to stick with a group of companions, even if I have to make it very small to keep everyone happy.  For now, I am just hiring humans who seem to be willing to follow a paladin who fights evil and rights wrongs.

Tuidjy said:
gsanders said:
I do not want to keep companions happy by disabling complains.  I want to keep them happy by tracking likes and dislikes, and getting rid of conflicting personalities.  There are enough companions in this mod even if I have to get rid of two thirds of them.  So the very first thing I do is enable complaints.

I used to play the previous version, and there my companions would leave without my being able to tell why.  No one would say anything, and they would start leaving while being happy about everything.  I even have a screenshot of that, somewhere.

I just want to know be able to stick with a group of companions, even if I have to make it very small to keep everyone happy.  For now, I am just hiring humans who seem to be willing to follow a paladin who fights evil and rights wrongs.
companions are neutral, they don't care what army you lead... with 'no complain' option on (or off, whatever) you can hold all of them, that's an idea... they are immortal, innit?

Hello, I have a few questions about the diplomacy mod that you've implemented (the actual diplomacy board seems to not have been updated in a long time, so I thought I'd ask here. Apologizes if this is the wrong place). Also, wanted to share my gratitude for breathing new life into phantasy calradia. I think you've been doing an amazing job, so much so that I've seen it's affected your health. Like others have said, don't overdo it for us leeches just take all this incredible content for free (and some for granted).

1. I was wondering what are the requirements to send messages and gifts (as a vassal, not a king)? I own a town with the three employees and I have plenty of money my treasury, but every time I ask my character just says never mind.

2. I've read that the option to pay for release of a lord for the quest was never implemented by Taleworlds, but I was wondering does diplomacy mod do anything to fix this?

3. Lastly, not a question I just wanted to mention that when I snuck into the town and talk to the prison guard there was no option to fight him.

Edit: None of this is game breaking for me by any means I was just curious if anyone has answers.

GrizzlyAdams said:
Hello, I have a few questions about the diplomacy mod that you've implemented (the actual diplomacy board seems to not have been updated in a long time, so I thought I'd ask here. Apologizes if this is the wrong place). Also, wanted to share my gratitude for breathing new life into phantasy calradia. I think you've been doing an amazing job, so much so that I've seen it's affected your health. Like others have said, don't overdo it for us leeches just take all this incredible content for free (and some for granted).

1. I was wondering what are the requirements to send messages and gifts (as a vassal, not a king)? I own a town with the three employees and I have plenty of money my treasury, but every time I ask my character just says never mind.

2. I've read that the option to pay for release of a lord for the quest was never implemented by Taleworlds, but I was wondering does diplomacy mod do anything to fix this?

3. Lastly, not a question I just wanted to mention that when I snuck into the town and talk to the prison guard there was no option to fight him.

Edit: None of this is game breaking for me by any means I was just curious if anyone has answers.

1A)  I think you need to be king so that you have a chancellor, but I'm not sure.  I personally havent used that function.  So ask someone that has time to play the game.  I have no energy to go look it up.

2A)  I think so.  i think its an option now.

Keep asking someone that has more time.  I barely have time to play my own game.  When I do my kingdoms are in an earlier state than everyone else's.

In my current play-through, I'm having problems with Firentis.

My party is companions only, I have twice supported him in disputes against Katrin, and I have not even hired Nizar.  I am a paladin with high honor, and I have never attacked innocents of any kind.  Despite all this, Firentis's morale is dropping like a rock. 

What possible reason could there be for his discontent?  According to him, it's my leadership that's the issue, but all I have been fighting lately is orc and mummy patrols, and that in self-defense.

No problem gsanders, I get it. I should of ask somewhere more appropriate anyways.

Tuidjy said:
In my current play-through, I'm having problems with Firentis.

My party is companions only, I have twice supported him in disputes against Katrin, and I have not even hired Nizar.  I am a paladin with high honor, and I have never attacked innocents of any kind.  Despite all this, Firentis's morale is dropping like a rock. 

What possible reason could there be for his discontent?  According to him, it's my leadership that's the issue, but all I have been fighting lately is orc and mummy patrols, and that in self-defense.

I believe I read that it doesn't matter if you support them they will still become disgruntled being with a person they don't like.

GrizzlyAdams said:
Tuidjy said:
I have twice supported him in disputes against Katrin, and I have not even hired Nizar.
I believe I read that it doesn't matter if you support them they will still become disgruntled being with a person they don't like.
Is this a change specific to Phantasy 2018?  In all other mods, if you support a companion against another, the favored one does not mind at all, and the scorned one gets more and more upset as time goes by.

I could very well be wrong this is what I read: http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_tactics

It shouldn't really be that bad if it is a bug, there's a ton of added companions.

Is there a place where one can the specifics of character classes - which ones can be multi-classed into (like mage) what abilities one gets at different skill levels, how some more specialized ones work (paladin honor dependence, necromantic rituals, etc.)?

I've been answering questions on the Steam boards, and I am afraid that some of my answers may be outdated.  I know that a lot of people give answers that are definitely no longer correct in 2018.

Tuidjy said:
Is there a place where one can the specifics of character classes - which ones can be multi-classed into (like mage) what abilities one gets at different skill levels, how some more specialized ones work (paladin honor dependence, necromantic rituals, etc.)?

For paladins and clerics

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,373824.0.html

A Paladin cannot use necromancy or stealth and it's impossible to multi class into a paladin. If you don't start as a cleric, you don't get a special faith weapon or other powers, you're just a generic cleric.

Fighters can choose to specialize in a weapon and gain a weapon + skill from their choice in chargen. You can't multi class into a fighter.

If you don't start as a necromancer, you have to become a lich to gain the rituals. They require necromancy skill and cost health to create undead.

Being a made provides no special advantages besides skipping the introductory quest and quiz that mages guilds require. At 6 magic power, you can learn every spell in the game.

Rogues can do special missions from the thieves guild in towns. It's in the section you'd go to check Rigale stuff. You can't multi class into a rogue.

Being a barbarian gives you a power boost based on the damage you've taken. You can't multi class into one.

I just noticed that when I quit being a merc, my max party size shrank by quite a bit :???:

So I was wondering when you found your own kingdom, do you get a larger size bonus than when you are a Merc or vassal ?  (all other factors being identical. )

Back
Top Bottom