[Q&A] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

whydott

Sergeant at Arms
I decided here should have some kind of Q&A thread, so...

Basically you can ask any gameplay-relateted question here that doesn't require a huge discussion or an elaborate 5 page response.
Post any questions you have and we will attempt to answer them.  Also please do contribute any knowledge you have, by answering to any questions posted here.

Q. I got a bug. How to fix it???
Ask and Report in Bug Reports or Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Q. I would like a certain feature to be in the mod. Can you put it in?
Post it in Suggestions, Suggestions about new skills and powers, Suggestions about game balance, Suggestions about new troops and NPCs, or Suggestions about game mechanics

Q. I don't know where to start, is there a guide???
Read here START HERE: Beginner's Guide and Reference Book 0.723

Q. Upcoming version? Something new in the future?
Read here Currently working on...

whydott said:
how long does it takes for quiver of plenty to 'reloaded'?
my quiver doesn't seems to load any new arrows..

P.S Can someone make a Question Board, please. a place where a simple question like mine can be thrown.

DON'T run your quiver of plenty dry.  Always leave 1 arrow in it or it stops.
  Guspav wanted it that way, but I did fix it for working when you at least leave one (or more) arrow in it.

Strangely enough from your perspective, I have no power to make a sticky topic here.  Only Guspav can do that.
I'm just more active than he is, these last 5 months.  He was plenty active before, but I think wasn't same day/next day response active...

EDIT:  while trying to find the number of seconds between quiver reloading, I see the problem:
      Quiver of plenty didn't add that user to list_08, as I had made a note to myself to check first for if the user was already in list_08 (for example a paladin).
      Fixed this for NEXT update (hours? days?  soon, anyway), and the fix should help paladins wearing ring of regen also.
      Number of seconds: 19  each 19 seconds another 2 arrows are added.

well, I actually doesn't know well about the rules of the forum. I hesitated when I wrote this board. other mod have question board to handle this matter, but I don't found it here. since I really need an answer, I make it anyway.  :grin:

thanks for the answer.

whydott said:
well, I actually doesn't know well about the rules of the forum. I hesitated when I wrote this board. other mod have question board to handle this matter, but I don't found it here. since I really need an answer, I make it anyway.  :grin:

thanks for the answer.

You're fine.  This is EXACTLY the sort of message I want and can use.  Straight, clear, useful, willing to wait if needed, and accepting that "if I have time, there's this issue".  Sometimes I'm a bear.  Sometimes I feel generous.  A lot of times I'm sick, or tired, or both.  But regardless of my life, or worries, or everything, I feel most alive writing this.  So I suppose thats more important to me.  I started 34 years ago, with no tools and a dream.  Warband gave me what I needed, but I still didnt have it together.  I put all my life into learning hardware, software, systems, networking, everything.  But I'm weak and not really perfect for my jobs.  THIS I can do.  Maybe its what I was made for. 

Guspav had a piece of it, and other mods had their learning experiences.  I think this critical mass of code and capability comes closest to letting me finish what I wanted to make.  Even if it pays nothing.  Even if hardly anyone sees it.  Its alright.  My first daughter is 34 shortly.  When she was born I still had this idea that one day I would be writing something like this.  I want to finish it.  Thats why I am so driven. I want to see it breathe.  If not here then in Bannerlord or wherever, but right now its starting to take on some personality of sorts. 

Thanks for writing.  I hope we can see more cultures, more ways to think of things, more possibilities.  I hope you enjoy some of what you find.
Not everything will be perfect.  But its the best I can do, at the moment.  I'm old, sick, and weak.  But this makes me happy.  Perhaps it will make you smile too.

whydott said:
Where I can change the vassal title? I found it nowhere...

There is a presentation defined "dplmc_set_vassal_title" from standard diplomacy but because standard diplomacy is set for 6 factions plus player it would certainly give errors/hang/destroy strings in use now if I just turned it on blindly.  Right now nothing links to it.  I have other issues keeping me busy at the moment; this isn't something crashing the game or seriously blocking game balance.  I probably won't have time for fluff changes for at least a month further.

gsanders said:
whydott said:
Where I can change the vassal title? I found it nowhere...

There is a presentation defined "dplmc_set_vassal_title" from standard diplomacy but because standard diplomacy is set for 6 factions plus player it would certainly give errors/hang/destroy strings in use now if I just turned it on blindly.  Right now nothing links to it.  I have other issues keeping me busy at the moment; this isn't something crashing the game or seriously blocking game balance.  I probably won't have time for fluff changes for at least a month further.

okey, no worries.. it was a question :fruity:

Hey, remember when you gave me access to the patches and updates you were giving out for testing purposes and then I disappeared from the forum? Sorry about that. I got the C++ error and was too embarrassed to ask for help. I tried to get it to work recently since I upgraded my PC after Christmas, but to no avail. I even tried some of the suggestions you posted in an old Perinso thread, Gsanders. I feel dumb, pls halp. ;_;

Glass_Justice said:
Hey, remember when you gave me access to the patches and updates you were giving out for testing purposes and then I disappeared from the forum? Sorry about that. I got the C++ error and was too embarrassed to ask for help. I tried to get it to work recently since I upgraded my PC after Christmas, but to no avail. I even tried some of the suggestions you posted in an old Perinso thread, Gsanders. I feel dumb, pls halp. ;_;

OK. So from the top:
1)  Warband version should be 1.172 not the 1.173, for now.
      for now the only way to go back to 1.172 after "upgrading" to 1.173 is to reinstall the full package:
      http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1172.exe
          it has been a tradition at Taleworlds to have the older versions still on the download server but you have to change the filename you want to download from their suggestion to the correct file, as is done above.  By the way I checked just now to be sure the link is good: it is.

2)  Warband first screen (before starting the mod): Options: Video: "Load Textures on Demand" should have the box checked so it is ENABLED

3)    Options: Advanced: check  Force single threading        although I dont need it, as I adjust my video settings instead:

4) Windows control panel Nvidia (you're so screwed if you have AMD Radeon video or Intel video on a laptop instead of Nvidia):
      Threaded Optimization  OFF        <-- very important!  This is what forcing single threading in Warband otherwise accomplishes
        Optimize for Compute Performance  OFF
        Power Management Mode: Optimal power
        Shader Cache  ON

5) DirectX gets reloaded by every old game you install, outside of Warband, and quite a few of them have older C++ libraries, so one version loaded overwrites the previous and the last one written may be an old version.  So you may need to re-install some library files:
I'm not sure WHICH C++ is installed for Warband, whether it is 2010 ?
  In which case its this:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
  Someone else might know.  Margereth  suggested 2015 (in which case its another program not Warband that is broken and running in the background during the same time as Warband:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145

6) Update your video driver.  That's the number suspect for a program that runs in the background during all of Warband that could be broken or out of date.
  I've had purely bad experiences with Radeon, and can't say I ever had a good experience with pone.  But then again, I stopped using them 10 years ago after endless software problems.  I don't know what video card you use but make sure to have a recent Windows WHQL approved driver.  To get WHQL approved the company spent like $30,000 so they had to believe in their product to get the label.  You might have needed an update all these months.

Hey, I'm trying to make an Orc fighter/cleric (neutral) but even tho' I managed to become a Swadian vassal, they still wont let me in their cities  :sad:

Is there no ingame way of reducing the negative race modifier ?  I just want to spread Orcish love around Calradia  :fruity:

palewarrior said:
Hey, I'm trying to make an Orc fighter/cleric (neutral) but even tho' I managed to become a Swadian vassal, they still wont let me in their cities  :sad:

Is there no ingame way of reducing the negative race modifier ?  I just want to spread Orcish love around Calradia  :fruity:

go to a village and hire some swadians.  Stop thinking you're too proud to hire locals, you smelly foreigner. 
  If they really can't stand you, go to the village elder at the NEXT village and talk to him directly to hire some local villagers.  For the right cash
he really doesn't care WHO you are. 
After hiring some honest local folk, the local towns forget you're a smelly foreigner and you can walk on in with your posse of good old boys...

if you pack your party with troops that are disliked, you need to balance this with skins they DO like.  Your skin counts as if you were 5 of whatever skin you are; your companions as if each was 3 of whatever THEY are.

After that look for the first column to stop showing red with
  Report: factions relation report (with prejudice)  [page 1 for native faction and page 2 for exotics, since only 7 columns plus player can fit on a page). You can scroll down as well it goes through all the 13 factions.

Is there any way to re hire a chamberlain if i dismissed him? in previous versions i think i spoke to a guard to get him back but it doesnt seem to give me the option.

Notsure said:
Is there any way to re hire a chamberlain if i dismissed him? in previous versions i think i spoke to a guard to get him back but it doesnt seem to give me the option.

I think you can ask your spouse to re-hire staff.

Hey!  I've been a big fan of Mount & Blade for years and I love this mod.  I ran into something unexpected though and I made this account specifically to ask you this:

I just conquered a city and declared myself king.  The city was immediately re-besieged and now I'm not allowed to defend the city or access the garrison.  I just stay in the city and quickly get kicked out without a fight.  Is that intended behavior?  Also, the city name is black, even though I chose yellow for my faction color.  Is that related?  How do I defend cities I've taken?

Nathaniel3W said:
Hey!  I've been a big fan of Mount & Blade for years and I love this mod.  I ran into something unexpected though and I made this account specifically to ask you this:

I just conquered a city and declared myself king.  The city was immediately re-besieged and now I'm not allowed to defend the city or access the garrison.  I just stay in the city and quickly get kicked out without a fight.  Is that intended behavior?  Also, the city name is black, even though I chose yellow for my faction color.  Is that related?  How do I defend cities I've taken?

I'm guessing you didnt update to current patch.  Are you really still at 150B?  You should at least be running 150J even if you can't successfully add a patch.
The not being able to join a battle was fixed at 150d and HAS BEEN IN EVERY PATCH SINCE THEN.  150d was issued 25th December.
So I'm a little disappointed if you haven't updated.  When you;re sitting at the mod main menu it splashed the version number on the screen in big red letters.  The number and letter code it shows, please?

Hey man, I get the feeling you're upset with me.  I hope that's a misunderstanding.  Like I said, I love the mod.  I just wanted to know if this was intended behavior, and if so, then how do I defend a city.  And if it's a bug, I know you're up to your neck in bugs, so I don't want to demand anything from you.  I'm a developer too and I know what it's like to have a million different things in the backlog.

I'm on version 150j.
VersionJ.jpg

I can't add troops to the garrison.  It's not an option for me.
CantAccessGarrison.jpg

Here's my newly captured prize, which unfortunately, I'm going to lose without a fight pretty soon.
CantDefendNarra.jpg

Edit:  Also, thanks for taking a look.  This is a great mod and I love seeing ongoing developer support for it.  Keep up the great work.

Edit 2:  OK, this time I was able to defend the city.  I didn't do anything differently.  It just worked.  So uh, nevermind I guess.  If I ever lose a city like that again I guess I can quit and reload and see if I can defend it the next time.  Thanks again.

Nathaniel3W said:
Hey man, I get the feeling you're upset with me.  I hope that's a misunderstanding.  Like I said, I love the mod.  I just wanted to know if this was intended behavior, and if so, then how do I defend a city.  And if it's a bug, I know you're up to your neck in bugs, so I don't want to demand anything from you.  I'm a developer too and I know what it's like to have a million different things in the backlog.

I'm on version 150j.
VersionJ.jpg

I can't add troops to the garrison.  It's not an option for me.
CantAccessGarrison.jpg

Here's my newly captured prize, which unfortunately, I'm going to lose without a fight pretty soon.
CantDefendNarra.jpg

Edit:  Also, thanks for taking a look.  This is a great mod and I love seeing ongoing developer support for it.  Keep up the great work.
you are far outdated - now is 0.150M-2 live

in 0.150L(3) you can garrison as many times as you want, in M2 only once, when you take a city/castle, it is under town activities (first at the top command)

btw. sometimes you need click twice to get into the city - cross a lines command (top one), do not try to help defenders, never work for me

How do I use spells?
I have a spellbook and few scrolls, when I press M in battle and go to mage menu (I don't remember which class I chose) there's nothing there. When I go to the camp menu and press the copy scroll to spellbook there are no scrolls to choose from even though I have several in my inventory.
Also, when I remove the spell book from my inventory the magic tabs disappears but the necromancy remains, I want to use that weapon slot but I still can't. How can I use that slot again?

Back
Top Bottom