SP Medieval Renaissance 2.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi and many thanks for the mod!

What line of code would I have to change for the AI lords to defect normally? I like that mechanic :smile:

BUG: There is no village in Camerino. Its just an empty field with no buildings.

Edited to add that the village of Budrio has the same issue, there are no buildings in the village.

zedpaolo said:
I have checked it, and Camerino looks normal.
Probably your files are corrupted, maybe you installed the patch without restarting a new game.

Nope, first time playing. All patches installed in order before ever even starting it.

BTW, great mod...plays very smoothly and I have yet to encounter any errors or crashes. Also believe the sieges may very well be the best I have experienced thanks to the layout of the castles/cities.

In my version Camerino is ok... so.
Try to reinstall the mod. Are you using warband 1.7?
The scenes of sieges and cities are from Hispania 1200 (a great mod, I suggest you to try it if you don’t know it)

Hi and thanks for the mod, it's really amazing. I especially like the possibility to custom your troops... I never realized I needed that in my life, but I do  :lol:

I'd like to report something, I'm not sure whether it's a bug or not but I feel like it since I've never experienced that in M&B.
I'm a king, and each time some diplomatic issue happens (for instance when 2 other factions make peace) the relation with my lords deteriorate by 3 points. Needless to say that's a real problem because it's decreasing very quickly and I believe at this rate I'll soon have a civil war  :lol: is it in your opinion a bug specific to your mod? Has anyone experienced that ?

Thank you :smile:

EDIT : bad coincidence, actually it seems it's not related to diplomatic issues, it just randomly decreases by 3 points and for everyone (they all have a fief btw)

It should happen just if you declare war without reason, for 3-4 days lords loose relation points every day.

Otherwise it should be a bug, but I have not met it yet ( maybe also because modding does not let me play very much)

Veteran Decanus said:
I think the map size could be reduced by around 15 - 25% and the UI textures are really low quality. Other than that, great mod.

Agree on that, besides it`s almost impossible to read the info on screens. Text  and numbers are very unclear because of background colours and stains.
If playing as female, player gender is not correctly identified in many dialogues.

But, a really good mod, IMO one of the best I`ve played. Very interesting period and area. Hope development will continue.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
Veteran Decanus said:
I think the map size could be reduced by around 15 - 25% and the UI textures are really low quality. Other than that, great mod.

Agree on that, besides it`s almost impossible to read the info on screens. Text  and numbers are very unclear because of background colours and stains.
If playing as female, player gender is not correctly identified in many dialogues.

But, a really good mod, IMO one of the best I`ve played. Very interesting period and area. Hope development will continue.

Rgds, Oldtimer

What do you mean talking about ugly UI exactly? Map fonts, in-battle fonts or icon of man and horse, party panel or character panel?
To me, to be honest, all looks quite good...yes maybe just the character screen a bit dark but still readable. Do you use autoexposure video option in warband?

zedpaolo said:
Oldtimer said:
Veteran Decanus said:

Rgds, Oldtimer

What do you mean talking about ugly UI exactly? Map fonts, in-battle fonts or icon of man and horse, party panel or character panel?
To me, to be honest, all looks quite good...yes maybe just the character screen a bit dark but still readable. Do you use autoexposure video option in warband?

Char screen is my main gripe, for me some parts are not readable, particularly when letters/digits are superimposed on a speck. Or maybe the other way round.
This problem appears also to some extent in battle when font colours are superimposed on similar background colours.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Hi all,

any tips on how to make money in this mod? Mercenary pay is negligible, more of an insult actually.
Businesses work mostly at a loss. At least in cities where I checked.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Hi,
I can just suggest a path, but there are many possibilities to start your campaign on balance.

If you start as a king I suppose you don’t have big problems of money at the begin and if you don’t start hiring mercenaries (who were very expensive for real) or mounted troops ( in castles). I would rather recruit from towns and village as they are more economic to grow and to keep.

If you start as an adventurer, the easiest way is to find a lord and to enlist in his army ( a couple of tips may be not to choose the king because its army is too big and slow to hunt bandits and to prefer lords owning a town ( fastest for selling items you loot when he goes home).
In this way not only you will get some free expensive armours ( if you stay enough with your lord to become friendly each other or if you give them to companions .... (this one quite tricky dicky move anyway).
But you will be also able to sell your share of all the loots he does ( i suggest to choose a lord from a faction at war, and never betray him (as the negative impact will stay for all the campaign).
After that, when you start your adventure after having left the army you were enlisted in, you have money enough to build a couple of brewer or something ( go around for the 23 towns and search what is more profitable with small investment , leave the dyeshop for later .
If you buy things in village and sell them in towns you get usualy good profit too. Then hunt bandits on your own and join as mercenary some factions (and then you shoul be quite stable on balance.)
My last tip is: try since the first day to rise your honour and the relationship with the lords you speak to. Don’t speak with many lord, prefer asking quest always to the same 4-5 lords. All the infested villages you find, are like gold for you, as they give 3 points of honour if you refuse prize after. That is because you need to reach around 100 points of honour to have above 30 points of relationship with honourable lords you have never spoken too. And since in this mod lords don’t leave their faction by their will, you need at least 20-30 (don’t recall exactly) relation points to talk in private to them to ask them to join your faction once you are king.

@zedpaolo

THX for your advice. Perhaps you know that I`m a M&B/Warband vet with thousands of hrs of experience. This mod of yours demands a change in players priorities compared to most other mods. A good thing.

Anyway, I always start as a female freelancer, never join an army. I`ve found by now a few ways to make money as such:

- there are very profitable trade possibilities if you take some time to travel around and explore which I very much like to do. Might as well check brewery profitability while at it anyway.

- you can farm some bandit/deserter outfits for good gear.

- maximize use of blunt weapons for farming prisoners(WB std procedure but...). High lvl prisoners are real moneybags. Also, compared to other mods I`ve been able to capture lords for ransom fairly often. Don`t know if it`s a WaD.

So I suppose that after I`ve got enough renown I will be offered a worthless border village fief by some ruler. Just like WB does.
Here I`d like to have an option to haggle with the ruler involved. By replying, say:

- "I appreciate your offer Sire, but my sword is worth a castle at least, if not a town..." To which the ruler may answer like "Piss off!" or maybe offer next town/castle taken or promise to let me keep what I take myself.

I hope that with time we will get more feminized armours.

Keep up the good work, says

Oldtimer

Hi all,

Javelins are present in the mod but can only be looted. Why? In spanish territory at least they should be buyable. Seeing as jinetes were an important part of spanish armies till the end of XVI-th century. And jarids were used by ottomans/muslims even longer.

Rgds, Oldtimer

I've been tweaking the compiled files for a personal submod, but if you wanted to colloborate I would love to help. Alternatively I could put the submod on here if that is okay with you. It is an amazing mod and I am thankful to have a good mod in this period.

Thanks for your nice words Spyczech.
In a few weeks I will release the final update with some fixes an a few changes in armours. That will be the last update, the mod is finished now ( so no need help, thank you anyway).
About your tweaks, at the moment I prefer not to see submod published.
Eventually I will release the source codes and I will let it open to people who want it, to create submods or other mods.
Regards

Back
Top Bottom