[submod] huebydoo's Heavies

Users who are viewing this thread

Working on it! Will be coming soon, including polish cavalry officers
sDRDgxG.jpg
tpvfmPD.jpg

I generated a cavity map from the original curassier normalmap and used that as the base for my texture. xNormal is a free program that can do this (in the tools section). Then did other layers in photoshop as overlay, multiply, colour etc. Used a brush from some big pack of free brushes to add the dirt. I tihnk that was it anyway, kinda forgotten my process already :dead:.

But yeah if you're kitbashing existing stuff this can be a good process compared to attempting to recolour the original diffuse maps. If they have a nice normalmap that is, which Jackson's stuff usually does.

The hat is from Napoleonic wars, modified a bit

Hello Again! back with what will probably be the final version of this submod, which adds a whole bunch of new troops and uniforms for rhinebund and a few for poland as well (who were technically part of the confederation anyways)

I've already shown screenshots of a lot of the new troops but here's the ones i haven't yet:

Wurttemberg Jaegers:
PgzsRAy.jpg
7D2jqTd.jpg

n7uL9GU.jpg
0KoaEUI.jpg

Westphalian Garde Du Corps:
4xw9mIS.jpg

Baden Light Dragoons:
bz1t4N3.jpg
SsBzlzF.jpg

I never did figure out how to add new flag bearer units, but i did figure out how to switch out old ones for new ones. you can find more detail in the readme, but suffice to say if you don't want to switch out your bavarian flags for wurttemberg ones, they have proper standards now instead of the prussian ones:
3xd0Wfh.jpg

I opted not to add hussars and Cuirassiers to Warsaw's troop tree, since those regiments were not founded until after the 1809 campaign. The polish cavalry that faced off against the Austrians consisted only of chasseurs and Uhlans. However I did give them a new Unit called Mounted guides, based off of The regiment (more like a squadron) of guides that Prince Poiniatowski employed as scouts, bodyguards, translators etc. They were volunteers from the polish nobility, and their equipment and cost reflects this.
u3I10Gx.jpg
idKgNWL.jpg

OjsEy61.jpg

Also proper uniforms for the Elite company Chasseurs and Uhlans:
Y4jqkJC.jpg

And finally, now that i have some idea of what i'm doing, i went back and fixed the messed up textures for the Household cavalry units, and gave the horse guards Buff belts and gloves which i've seen a few images of them wearing (And i think they look better with them)
QLKmBrZ.jpg
azivKlX.jpg

Some more shots:
8jODnif.jpg

Saxons Ready for Action
XOUHO4M.jpg

Wurttemburgers Giving Fire
NlFHwuY.jpg

Westphalians Trying their Best. Note that they didnt wear the full
french style armour until later in the wars, i left it to justify keeping them in the troop
tree when the saxons have better all-round stats

Anyways, Hope you enjoy the new troops, make sure to check the Readme for installation instructions and info on troop tree changes. This is a stand alone submod, you dont need any previous version, and you can just overwrite it if you do. And of course remember that everything in this submod (except for various emblems and coats of arms retrieved from the internet) is nothing more than modification of Docm/Tennessee Jack's Original work.

Download:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/n33t341vk75aawj/huebydoo_v5.zip/file

A question regarding compatibility -- can this mod be played in conjunction with other submods? I'd been running Bluehawk's Russian Expansion when I downloaded this mod, and I found that it broke other mod's content. Is there a way to run both, or do I have to choose between the two?

Yes, it can be done.
Typically, it involves MANUALLY editing any .txt files either sub-mod author provides, by copy/pasting entries from one to the other, re-numbering them as you go to resolve any conflicts and make YOUR combined, viable .txt file
It's a rather long and tedious process, but the results can prove rewarding.
And, you can use Microsoft WORD's "compare documents" tool (comes with Windows) to help you identify any and all differences/conflicts.
Best of luck.
:grin:
DARoot

Hemiola said:
Yes, it can be done.
Typically, it involves MANUALLY editing any .txt files either sub-mod author provides, by copy/pasting entries from one to the other, re-numbering them as you go to resolve any conflicts and make YOUR combined, viable .txt file
It's a rather long and tedious process, but the results can prove rewarding.
And, you can use Microsoft WORD's "compare documents" tool (comes with Windows) to help you identify any and all differences/conflicts.
Best of luck.
:grin:
DARoot
Could always run two instances of Morgh's and compare troop files that way, or just add in the troops manually that way. It's how I mix/bash submods.

EDIT:Feels good to be posting here again lol

It's just the brf and textures, so you'll need to follow the usual steps for adding a new item.

The casque is from NW, so uploading it for use in Warband is a bit iffy.

Back
Top Bottom