[submod] huebydoo's Heavies

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's an update that refines and fixes a lot of rough edges with the original uniforms, as well as adding some new items

Grenadiers a Cheval:
MaYfIDA.jpg
HK3OQX7.jpg
New Bearskins and saddles, as well as some small fixes to the coat

Carabiniers a Cheval:
9DUlvWO.jpg
UGstJPX.jpg
New plumed Bearskin, new epaulettes and belts 

Household Cavalry:
XOCk7LH.jpg
epMyuoN.jpg
All new uniforms (again), I think i finally got those lapels right, and got rid of the epaulettes for the rankers and gave them proper shoulder straps (because this is the british army, and the common scum don't get epaulettes)

Officer uniforms:

Horse grenadiers
iPTwxmb.jpg

Carabiniers
qeYErMg.jpg

Household Cavalry:
TU2B8Hg.jpg
YwtAMUc.jpg

This a standalone submod, you don't need v1 or v2 installed to play it. if you have a save on the go with an old version, it should be compatible, but the horse grenadiers might not have their new bearskins or horses unless you start a fresh game. On another note, you'll find the new french uniforms in the depot menu, under the entries Heavy Cavalry(ranker) and Heavy Cavalry Officer(lieutenant). They've been amalgamated with the cuirassier entries, since i discovered that if you add to many entries to a depot menu the return button will disappear and you're stuck until you close the game.

Download v3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/n33t341vk75aawj/huebydoo_v5.zip/file

Enjoy!

Hay all, I've just downloaded this submod but when I'm in the game it says 'cant find mesh .......' for everything that this mod adds. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Hello again people of L'aigle!

As much as I love heavy cavalry, the light troops are just as important, and again i find myself wanting to command some of the most famous units of the era, which are unfortunately absent from the present version of L'aigle. So i had a crack at the light troops, with a focus on Prussia, who had a long and pioneering tradition in the art of skirmish warfare, beginning in the 18th century with the famous Jaeger riflemen and bosniak lancers. I've tried to reflect this heritage with the new Uhlans and Jaegers

Prussian Jaegers
The Jaegers were the Prussian equivalent to the British rifle regiments, and like the riflemen they were considered crack troops, among the best of their army. In 1809 Prussia had 3 dedicated jaeger battalions: The guard jaeger, the east prussian jaeger, and the silesian scheutzen, as well as many smaller units attached to fusillier and musketeer battalions. In reality, they were probably all equally effective in combat, but for simplicity's sake i've given them a linear upgrade path:
Prussian light recruit  > Generic/east prussian jaeger  > Silesian schuetzen  > Guard Jaeger
Stats wise they are on par with their equivalent level british riflemen, a bit better at shooting but worse in melee, so don't put them in situations where they are caught in the open by cavalry.
Silesian schuetzen:
QzJaHkZ.jpg

On Parade
CWrn03W.jpg

In skirmish order
Guard Jaeger
yRIABJi.jpg

49qaYlN.jpg

In their Element

Prussian Uhlans
Another notable absentee from the Prussian upgrade tree, The prussian Uhlans were formed in 1807 from the remains of the famous  "Towarczy" regiment, and were initially 2 regiments strong. in 1809 was formed the 3rd Brandenburg Uhlans, who would go on to win fame in the 1813 campaign against france. There was also the Guard Uhlan Squadron, the elite of the prussian lancers (they wouldn't actually be called the guard uhlans until 1810, but eh close enough). They were probably the only uhlans in europe who didn't wear the Kurtka Jacket, instead wearing the standard prussian kollet piped in red, with regiments distinguished by shoulder straps. Their upgrade path looks like this:
Light cav recruit  > Prussian(brandenburg) Uhlan  > Guard Uhlan
They slot in between the Austrian and polish uhlans in terms of combat ability, but are mounted on light horses, so they can strike quickly but don't hold up too well in a long melee
Brandenburg Uhlans
HvPF8bf.gif
Vpdjb9V.jpg

dlWyayx.jpg

Skewering some unfortunate russians
Guard Uhlans
C0c434z.jpg
syl7pbX.jpg

oHNZE4j.jpg

Even more unfortunate russians

I've also included a couple of new light cavalry troops for France and Britian: The Vistula Uhlans and King's German Legion Hussars

Vistula Uhlans
These guys were killers, plain and simple. probably the best light cavalry unit at Napoleon's disposal, they were feared by everybody from redcoats to Cossacks. Their most famous
exploit was at the battle of Albuera in 1811, where along with the 2nd hussars they destroyed 3 British battalions and captured 5 colors, before brushing aside a Spanish counter charge
and capturing 5 cannons. Their stats reflect this reputation, They are the best lancers in the game, being slightly better than their Duchy of Warsaw counterparts. They branch off of the polish Chevau-leger tree, meaning you can only recruit them A) from polish villages owned by the duchy and B) if you are a vassal of france
8dKgwYB.jpg
2tkyFlT.jpg

MRk4y5S.jpg

King's German Legion Hussars
Originally recruited from Hanoverian exiles after France annexed their homeland, they were fueled by hatred for Frenchmen and had a reputation as the finest mounted soldiers in the British army. Because of their staunch professionalism they were considered a cut above the somewhat less professional British cavalry, and as such they upgrade from veteran British hussars, making them tough to get, but worth the grind.
2yKWq7W.jpg
wplYzyl.jpg

eP2HVNx.jpg

Several frenchmen were harmed in the making of this submod

Make sure to look at the readme, as I've updated the installation process to try and make it a little more modular and not mess with your other sub mods. You'll find the Vistula uniforms at the polish military depot (since there's no more room in France). The original 4 heavy cav troops are included, so it won't mess with any saves you have on the go with them (in theory). Of course due credit to Docm for creating this incredible mod, everything in this submod is a modification of his original work.

as always enjoy!

Download v4 (Heavies + lights): http://www.mediafire.com/file/n33t341vk75aawj/huebydoo_v5.zip/file

Heh, Someone made new Grenadiers a Cheval... And much better then me. I guess downloading it and trying it out would be interesting, after all this time. And here I was, thinking to make an update to my long forgotten creation...

You even made more troops - always wanted myself some Vistula Uhlans. Really nice job.

Sic transit Gloria Mundi...  :cool:

Appreciate the compliment man! :grin: really loved your original horse grenadiers sub mod, just need a few tweaks to the uniform to be historically accurate.

Also, to anyone interested i'm planning on making a new submod that reworks some of the minor faction troop trees (rheinbund and warsaw to be specific, possibly naples) and would love some suggestions for units to include

Well, since you asked so nicely. here's a few ideas, for you to think about:

- Rhinebund --
Oh, yes, please.  The current troops, stats, upgrade paths, etc. are definitely ... unfinished.
Keeping in mind that whatever you decide to do will doubtless disappear with DOCM's next "L'Aigle" update (or have to be done again), here's what I'd suggest:
- First, fix the issues with the current troops, that upgrade to units with lower, or the same, stats, capabilities, etc.;
- Add Wurttemberg - Infantry, cavalry, maybe artillery - they were good troops, and played a significant role in the 1809 campaign (especially v. Hugel's "Light" Division, in the 1809 Eckmuhl battles).
- Expand Saxony - We have Hussars, but no Line or Light Infantry, and no Heavy Cavalry. They were significant in the 1809 Wagram battles. Probably wore their 1806 uniforms at Wagram (tall gaiters, bicornes, etc.) and didn't change to the "Frenchified" uniforms (plastron lapels, epaulettes for gren/volt, shakos, etc.) until 1810. But probably nobody would mind, whatever you decided to make.  And do include the Heavy Cavalry, acknowledged as the finest in Europe at the time.
- Westphalia and (especially) Nassau played little or no role in 1809.  DOCM's (or whatever he calls himself nowadays) design decision to include them.  Could possibly be replaced?
- And please re-do the Rhinebund artillery (they currently use French uniform graphics).  I've already posted elsewhere my "take" on Bavarian artillery, using existing graphics.  Wurttemburgers wore sky-blue (couldn't be kept clean, I'd imagine ...) Saxons wore green coats and "buff" breeches.
Everybody else in the Rhinebund seemed to wear white coats (line) or green (light). Not much there for you to exercise your modding talents on.
But, you should follow your own muse ...

- Warsaw -- We already have a pretty good selection of Polish troops.  However, Polish artillery (in green, with czapskas) might be useful.  And the Italians used them as well.

- Naples --  Oh, yes, the "chocolate soldier kingdom."  Go crazy with your efforts, anything is possible (and probably, historically accurate).  However, as some king of that country once said, "Dress them in blue, green, or red - they will run away all the same."

Best of luck with your endeavors.

DARoot

rhinebund is getting a complete overhaul, giving the westphalian cuirassiers their proper uniforms, adding a saxon heavy cavalry branch and a Baden dragoon branch. as far as infantry goes, definitely adding wurttemburg line infantry and probably bavarian schuetzen as well to give them some rifle armed skirmishers.

For poland, I've left the infantry alone, but am adding Cuirassiers (they had one regiment of them) and hussars (two regiments) to the cavalry, as well as officer and elite company uniforms for the uhlans and chasseurs. I'm not going to mess with naples, Murat's tastes in uniforms seemed to change by the month and like you said, they weren't very effective troops regardless of what they wore

Cheers for the submod!

I played up until 1810 so decided to convert an approximation of the carabiniers a cheval upgraded outfit (casque  from NW).
u4PNI.jpg

kraggrim said:
Cheers for the submod!

I played up until 1810 so decided to convert an approximation of the carabiniers a cheval upgraded outfit (casque  from NW).
u4PNI.jpg

How did you do that ?

Back
Top Bottom