OSP 2D Art Face Textures - Completed! Download Available

Users who are viewing this thread

They look great ingame. 

The only issue is that some of the hair colours look out of place with the new faces, especially the brighter hair colours.  Hopefully you can get the alpha channels figured out.  Other than that, great job :smile:

Talak said:
They look great ingame. 

The only issue is that some of the hair colours look out of place with the new faces, especially the brighter hair colours.  Hopefully you can get the alpha channels figured out.  Other than that, great job :smile:

hairca6.jpg

I'm getting these jaggy edges, not sure if it was present there before. Another problem I found is even though I changed the white hair texture the old one still appears when you move the age slider.

Are the alpha's for mount and blade 1 bit? I did a little experiment, the beard does support higher bit alpha's but the hair only appears to be 1 bit :sad:

Ok, I applied a large gaussian blur (2.5px) to all of the hair.dds files, on all 4 channels including alpha to test it out.  I saved them as DXT5 interpolated alpha.  The blur showed on the texture, but it made no difference to the jaggies.  So the hair is definitely using those textures, but I'm not sure why the alpha won't work properly.

Checking the hair.brf and beards.brf files, they use the hair_blonde material and the hair_red material respectively.

Both of these materials contain the same shader (hair_shader).  Most of the new hairstyles as well as the beards are contained in beards.brf, but all hairstyles are jaggy ingame.  They also both have code 534272 (Blend, Blend Add, Blend Multiply, Alpha Test 12:cool:.

I can't figure it out.  Personally I'd just go ahead and add the new hair in and put up with the jaggies, they're not too noticeable anyway when you're playing the game.

Oh, and I checked both an unedited .952 and .903 M&B, both have jaggy hair as well.

Talak said:
Ok, I applied a large gaussian blur (2.5px) to all of the hair.dds files, on all 4 channels including alpha to test it out.  I saved them as DXT5 interpolated alpha.  The blur showed on the texture, but it made no difference to the jaggies.  So the hair is definitely using those textures, but I'm not sure why the alpha won't work properly.

Checking the hair.brf and beards.brf files, they use the hair_blonde material and the hair_red material respectively.

Both of these materials contain the same shader (hair_shader).  Most of the new hairstyles as well as the beards are contained in beards.brf, but all hairstyles are jaggy ingame.  They also both have code 534272 (Blend, Blend Add, Blend Multiply, Alpha Test 12:cool:.

I can't figure it out.  Personally I'd just go ahead and add the new hair in and put up with the jaggies, they're not too noticeable anyway when you're playing the game.

Oh, and I checked both an unedited .952 and .903 M&B, both have jaggy hair as well.

Thanks alot for your efforts! Still one problem that I can't seem to figure out still. Even though I change the hair_white.dds texture the old texture remains when you fiddle around the age slider. (Priority before release: Getting the white hair texture to work)

edit-

Another problem found..
problemho6.jpg

This is when I tried creating my own alpha map, I'll use the default maps provided. (not my biggest concern)

Kolba said:
Very nice faces, not very different from Native, but good :razz:.

That was the purpose; I did not want to change, but improve what was there. Thank you for the comment :smile:

Thanks for all the comments people! I'm going to take a little break and actually play mount and blade now :razz:

Fei Dao: I have not forgotten your request, I started on the male Asian face. With Asian did you mean more of the southern Asian countries like china or more western southern such as India, Pakistan. I wasn't really sure so I finished a more arabic face that I will release once I do the old age, but I've also started on a more Chinese southern  eastern face.

Not working for me, wondering if I did something wrong.  I installed to the Textures folder, overwriting the originals, but I see no changes in the skins, even when starting a new character.  I compared screenshots to be sure; they definitely don't match the included jpg, and seem identical pre- and post-install.

kaeldragor said:
Not working for me, wondering if I did something wrong.  I installed to the Textures folder, overwriting the originals, but I see no changes in the skins, even when starting a new character.  I compared screenshots to be sure; they definitely don't match the included jpg, and seem identical pre- and post-install.

Hmm that's interesting. Curious, what version of mount and blade are you running?

Did extracted the files inside the "Face texture" folder rather then extract the folder to the texture folder within the mount and blade directory.

C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Textures  (or were ever you have them installed)

Also make sure when you start mount and blade you have the Native setting selected. Mods will overwrite the textures.

Aquil said:
kaeldragor said:

Hmm that's interesting. Curious, what version of mount and blade are you running?

Did extracted the files inside the "Face texture" folder rather then extract the folder to the texture folder within the mount and blade directory.

C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Textures  (or were ever you have them installed)

Also make sure when you start mount and blade you have the Native setting selected. Mods will overwrite the textures.

.952, although I got the impression your faces were 95x+ compatible.

I did do just the files.  Are you saying that even mods with nothing in their Textures subfolder will somehow ignore them?  Or just when applicable?  I'm using the Native game, modded somewhat by myself, though I've changed the name of the folders involved due to my testing.  Regardless of how you look at it, the Module I'm using has an empty Textures folder, so it should pull from the Mount&Blade folder, right?

Edit: I realized that wasn't well-described.  I installed .952 to C:\Program Files\Mount&Beta  (.903 is in Mount&Blade)

So, I put the FILES inside the C:\Program Files\Mount&Beta\Textures folder, per the readme.txt.  Overwrote all.  The "Module" I'm using is basically Native, with some balancing changes I've made for my own purposes.  Nothing in the Textures subfolder.  But I did rename Native to Mine.

kaeldragor: Did you create a new module so that it shows up as well as the Native in the selection screen when you start it up?
Do you have multiple MnB clients installed?
The textures are compatible with multiple versions of MnB; however, some textures may not show up due to the reason they weren't added nor did they exist or their names have been changed.

Try opening the .dds texture in your texture folder and then opening my .dds face texture and compare, then overwrite it with my texture, after that open it up again to see if it overwrote it.

If there are textures present in a selected mod it will overwrite the native textures. You stated it was empty so that is not the problem.

Aquil: I have three copies of M&B installed.  .808, .903 and .952.

I didn't create a new module, I just modified Native, not sure why that'd make a difference, but I'll reinstall it to see if the textures work in Native, but not my mod.  I don't currently have any programs that will open dds files.

EDIT: Reinstalling .952 and then reinstalling your files did the trick, for both the new Native module and for my original.  So, something may have been "off" with my textures previously.

kaeldragor said:
Aquil: I have three copies of M&B installed.  .808, .903 and .952.

I didn't create a new module, I just modified Native, not sure why that'd make a difference, but I'll reinstall it to see if the textures work in Native, but not my mod.  I don't currently have any programs that will open dds files.

EDIT: Reinstalling .952 and then reinstalling your files did the trick, for both the new Native module and for my original.  So, something may have been "off" with my textures previously.

Chel: Awesome mate! I am honoured.

Great to hear that you resolved the problem! I was worried for awhile that I placed the wrong textures in the pack. All I can say now is Enjoy :smile:

I made a fresh installation of 0.960 and forgot to add your face textures.  After using your textures in earlier versions, the original ones seem quite plain in comparison.  With this and Zaro's soon to be released Graphical Enhancement mod, the look of M&B is greatly improved.  Deserves to be bumped.

Back
Top Bottom