Male Faces - 100% complete
Male Body- 100% complete
Female Faces - 100% complete
Female Body - 100% complete
---------------------------------
Download: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=753
Feedback appreciated  :smile:
--------------------------------
First off Allo, Allo everyone! Bought Mount and Blade yesterday and instantly fell in love with it. It has a sort of nostalgic feeling to it which I absolutely love.. something I haven't felt since I first played the Sega Mega Drive for the first time (genesis).

Anyhow, I'm in the process of touching up some of the face textures to give it a little more oophm and gritty feeling. Once I completed the Male and Female I shall release it.  Any mods wanting to use this may do so;however, the usual credit stuff applies.
----
Male
headsqt6.jpg

----
Female
facefemaleyw0.jpg

( I had tons of messages requesting use for this pack on a number of people's mods. You no longer need to ask, just credit :smile: )

Some progress, I'll also have to edit the body underneath. Been having some troubles with the alpha channels on the hair .dds files, they aren't following the alpha channel to well :\. I guess more trail and error.

picyv2.jpg

Looks great!  Will the age slider in character creation work to make them look younger for those who want that option?  Looks like most of them are over 50, or is that already with the age slider turned up?
Otherwise, good job.

And welcome to the forums.

Talak said:
Looks great!  Will the age slider in character creation work to make them look younger for those who want that option?  Looks like most of them are over 50, or is that already with the age slider turned up?
Otherwise, good job.

And welcome to the forums.

Thank you :smile:

Yes the age slider will work to blend the two textures together.

Teaser:
woui9.jpg

Aquil said:
Question: Is there a way to add more skin selections? I'm utterly terrible with code, mostly a texture/art guy here.

You will find the list of face textures and many more things in 'module_skins.py' but module system for current version is still not released. Unfortunately I won't give you any advices about editing this file because there are lots of changes in character creation system and I don't know how this file will look.

any chance of adding the kerghit face to the pack?
Problem is, they removed it from the game in the latest patch for some reason.

Tancred said:

The latest patch as in the 0.952? I'm still on the 0.951. When browsing through the face textures I noticed there  was a few unique ones for the kings. I edited those as well.

cool_guy said:
he meant 0.903. there used to be this face in there that was removed from the game at 0.950

Ah, well if anyone has screenshots of it I can attempt to re-create it.

the face is still in the texture files of the current version!!

also aquil those are some nice textures, any idea who many you will make before release??

Dindi said:
the face is still in the texture files of the current version!!

also aquil those are some nice textures, any idea who many you will make before release??

I'm re-doing all of the faces, even the unique ones for the kings. I'm completed all the male ones and I'm just trying to figure out what needs changing on the female faces. Some of them are good as is while others just need a little tweaking. My biggest concern is the bodies when they are unclothed. Some of them do not match up at all so I'm doing some trail and error. Edit: A total of 28 Heads will be released along with the 1 body for the male and female.

Thanks for the comments people!

Asen:I really don't need much assistance at the moment; however,  if you would like to contribute to the project that would be great!  I'm having trouble getting the alpha's to work properly with the hair texture I created.

Female Faces complete! As well as the bodies, Face Textures completed! :mrgreen: Just have to write up a "read me" and find a host. Thanks for the comments guys!

I have some idea's on  the character selection screen; mostly how the faces blend. I'll do a small drawing to illustrate, hopefully someone with coding knowledge could try it out.

Basically you'll have a small Screen with a circle and a dot to move about the this circle, when you move about on the furthest area of the circle(or the big circle) you'll change the skin colour (imagine the possibilities!). When you move around the inner circle you'll change the age.

Female Faces
facefemaleyw0.jpg

Blending Skin Idea
ideasz5.jpg

Tancred said:

I was going through the face textures and It has not been removed as suggested, I believe what the problem is, is that it's no longer available to select (Perhaps a coding problem) Another thing I found weird was that one of the face textures was at least 1/2 or even 1/4 the size of the other face textures.

Tancred said:
Ok, thanks.  Great work by the way. I'm really looking forward to this.

The face texture is manface_young_4.dds , You'll have to change the file name to one of the others i.e manface_rugged.dds

These skins look really great!

But can I humbly ask for an Asian female/male face texture? If you could do that, it would be even better!

Back
Top Bottom