Mod is a hot mess

Users who are viewing this thread

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into the making of A New Dawn, the inclusion of so many great mini-mods, and the overall badass approach it takes to just about everything... However, I'm getting so many random, non-repeatable crashes that is has become too frustrating to play. Has anyone been able to run version 0.6 without periodic/constant crashes?

Enable texture loading on demand, decrease texture quality to ~50%. If you have a GPU with a lot of VRAM it helps a lot too.

Thanks for the reply, Hapuga. I'm running on a pretty good GPU (GTX 1070, 8GB VRam). Because the crashes are not always battle-related and not repeatable, I was thinking it had to do with something in the game's files. I've tried a fresh install, but after a few in-game days, the crashes inevitably return. I like this mod a lot, and have invested a good amount of time into my character. I hope someone is able to iron out the existing bugs so this mod can keep its well-earned place among the hardest core mods for Warband. Well, maybe someday.

Back
Top Bottom