Formula Taleworlds - Can be unpinned now

Users who are viewing this thread

The Formula 3 cars will not be used in the main season. The driver you hire will drive the cars shown in the links under the Teams & Drivers tab.

You can have as many highest active bids as you have vacant cars.
Edit: I suppose you don't need to have two drivers, but having two cars helps with getting points.

Lord Brutus said:
Will the car's color remain constant throughout?  If so, I bid $10,000.00 for Mayur Kumar.
Lord Brutus said:
Hard to imagine Scuderia Ferrari not being red.
I should probably mention that Kumar drives the blue #12  :razz:
That's why the cars are numbered, and the numbers mentioned in the Driver Talent Pool spoiler in the OP.

I'd rather die.  :lol:

I was thinking of finding the audio files for Murray Walker's commentary for the F1 '97 videogame and using those, but couldn't find them anywhere.

Indeed, and unless you decide to do some artistry and get the texture files from me, the #12 will have Lauda's signature on the side no matter who ends up driving the car.

You will need to send the Race Decisions PM according to the example provided in the main post.
However, it's probably advisable to wait until you have secured drivers so you know how much money you have left to work with.
I don't actually know for sure, but I would guess that a good car still loses if it's steered by a bad driver.

Added new setup option into the rules:
Front ARB: 0-13 //default 7
Rear ARB: 0-13 //default 6
Honestly, Anti Roll Bars are witchcraft as far as I'm concerned. They influence how much the car rolls in turns, and testing showed they have a significant impact on lap times.

Also, I've been thinking. Setup changes are one hundred percent luck, aren't they? There's only one chance to get them right, so there's no way to tell if the changes helped or hindered the car during the race.
So what I'll probably do is that the combined qualifying and race session is preceded by two twenty minute practice sessions, well before the deadline closes.
Cars that have locked down their R&D decisions are eligible to join these sessions, and changing the setup between each session is allowed. That way there's at least some method to this madness.

Edit: Apologies for the waffling around. I realize it's frustrating to try comprehending a game that keeps changing its rules, so this will be the last major addition for the season.

Updated main with practice info. This was the last hasty update, now all that's left is to watch it happen.
There's three practice sessions, the first of which is in 21 hours from now.

That means only Brutus and Doge will be able to join the practice 1, as nobody else will be able to secure a driver in time. Really ought to get on with that.
Even they do need to develop their car beforehand.

BenKenobi said:
Rujasu said:
I'd rather die.  :lol:
Come on, this is the greatest opportunity to have ever appeared on TW!  :twisted:
Yes, I'm sure this is finally the thing that will lead me to fame and riches!
But in all seriousness, I can barely get myself to say hello to the cashier. I'm sure it'd make a more riveting thing to watch, but it's outside the realm of possiblity right now.

Back
Top Bottom