Kitten Warfare Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

SupremeLemon

Recruit
sX6xGQ.png

Hi everyone,

I uploaded a modification of the Floris Mod Pack to Nexus and Steam.

The key features of the mod:
  • New troop trees
  • Items are resorted, rebalanced, and redistributed between factions
  • Battles are more dynamic
  • Some design inhancement
  • 'Surgery', 'Tactics', and 'Weapon Master' skills are set to 10
  • Party sizes are reduced
  • Wages, upgrade, hire, and sell costs of the troops are increased
  • Companions do not dislike each other anymore and can all be recruited if desired
  • High-tier items cannot be bought in stores; they can only be looted in battle or won during a tournament
  • Quests' rewards are rebalanced to be more sensible and realistic

For detailed information about this mod (the exact changes, new values, and credits) please refer to the documentation.

Main mod:

Animations (2 mods):
Items (44 mods):
Music (4 mods):
Scene Props (9 mods):
Scenes (6 mods):
Scripts (27 mods and scripts):
Skins (8 mods):
Sounds (4 mods):
Textures (14 mods):
And of course (1 game):
Floris specific works and works by Floris members (24 works):

P.S. There are actually no kittens in the game.

woah this is actually an awesome idea, i especially like the troop tree philosophy and items rebalancing, though i disagree with your stance on surgery/weapon master :p

really, i personally think this awesome submod needs more love

That is the best god damn documentation I have ever seen here. Nicely done!

I would, however, ask you to add a list of all contributors [full credit list for Floris, f.e.] to a spoiler in the first post. They all deserve a mention :smile:

Duh said:
That is the best god damn documentation I have ever seen here. Nicely done!

I would, however, ask you to add a list of all contributors [full credit list for Floris, f.e.] to a spoiler in the first post. They all deserve a mention :smile:

Thanks!
Added the list of contributors.
I initially listed credits and links to all the sources in the documentation but apparently google drive does not highlight the links automatically, I now fixed that as well.

Don't forget to add reduce_texture_loader_memory_usage = 1 to the module.ini for the next update, if you do one. It'll save you the headache of dealing with the unending wave of "HALP MY GAME DONT LOAD IT CRASH!!1"-posters on Steam.

lolitablue said:
Hi SupremeLemon,

Can you tell me how can I change the Font to the Native?

Thank you.

I like very mutch your mod.

You'll need to delete 2 files:
[list type=decimal]
[*]font_data.xml in Modules/Kitten Warfare/Data
[*]font.dds in Modules/Kitten Warfare/Textures
[/list]

After that the font will be changed to the Native.

SupremeLemon said:
lolitablue said:
Hi SupremeLemon,

Can you tell me how can I change the Font to the Native?

Thank you.

I like very mutch your mod.

You'll need to delete 2 files:
[list type=decimal]
[*]font_data.xml in Modules/Kitten Warfare/Data
[*]font.dds in Modules/Kitten Warfare/Textures
[/list]

After that the font will be changed to the Native.

Thank you very much!!

SupremeLemon, Здравствуйте поиграл в ваш Мод и у меня возник вопрос а дальнейшие работы над Модом будете продолжать или это конечный вариант. Что я могу сказать на счёт Мода, то могу сказать что он интересен, но некоторый функционал работает не корректно. Ну а за ваш труд в изменении (Мода Флорис) спасибо.

Stusla said:
SupremeLemon, Здравствуйте поиграл в ваш Мод и у меня возник вопрос а дальнейшие работы над Модом будете продолжать или это конечный вариант. Что я могу сказать на счёт Мода, то могу сказать что он интересен, но некоторый функционал работает не корректно. Ну а за ваш труд в изменении (Мода Флорис) спасибо.

Привет, это, скорее всего, конечный вариант мода, т.к. из-за работы времени не остается.
Кстати, а что работает некорректно?

Иногда в разных городах когда чувствуешь в турнирах, не получается настроить бой как нужно, ставишь галочку чтоб был на коне, а появляешься без него. В системе фрилансер у наёмников нет выбора брони кроме стандартной. Когда сам нанимаешься на службу к лорду, если есть спутники то они могут остаться в отряде, а после отпуска по возвращению к лорду на службу могут пропасть. Конечно может всё выше описанное так и должно работать, но как по стандарту сколько играл в другие Моды то там эти функции работают иначе. Ну а на последок желаю побольше свободного времени и успехов по жизни.

Stusla said:
Иногда в разных городах когда чувствуешь в турнирах, не получается настроить бой как нужно, ставишь галочку чтоб был на коне, а появляешься без него. В системе фрилансер у наёмников нет выбора брони кроме стандартной. Когда сам нанимаешься на службу к лорду, если есть спутники то они могут остаться в отряде, а после отпуска по возвращению к лорду на службу могут пропасть. Конечно может всё выше описанное так и должно работать, но как по стандарту сколько играл в другие Моды то там эти функции работают иначе. Ну а на последок желаю побольше свободного времени и успехов по жизни.

Турниры я сделал чуть более специфичные для каждой фракции. В частости, у нордов и родоков (если я правильно помню) на турнирах нет коней, соответственно они не появятся в бою. Я думаю, дело в этом.
У фрилансеров больше нет выбора брони/оружия — это связано с тем, что у меня не осталось свободных вещей, и по эстетическим соображениям.
А вот если с наймом на службу такое происходит, то это действительно я накосячил.
Спасибо!

Magnus Helvetti said:
SupremeLemon said:
Magnus Helvetti said:
Will you adapt elements from Floris_Evolved?

Nice work, by the way!!

Thanks!
I don't plan to work on this mod anymore, so it'll probably stay as it is.
Alright!
Will you release the Python source code?

My code is a horrible disorganized mess and I don't want anyone to see it so I wasn't going to upload it =)
However, if you are interested I'll share it with you.

Some in-game facts about the item "rebalancing" feature:

1. all body armor has its protection rate reduced by ~20 while gauntlets boosted ~6;

2. all melee weapons damaging rate boosted by ~10 regardless the type, speed boosted by 3 to 10. The reach is untouched due to balancing concern I assume.

3. Plate-armored horses are as fast as 55 - faster than vanilla courier.

So with these plus the surgery and tactics 10, this modification is basically a cheese version of Floris. Have fun if you enjoy this particular aspect of gaming - might as well lower combat AI and enable auto blocking. Otherwise don't bother downloading it for 1.2G.

Back
Top Bottom