Console Private servers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Falskarr

Recruit
We need private servers BADLY! Troll clans take over public servers and we have had enough. Most of the M&B community want Private servers so we can Roleplay and make organized events. Most people who left warband on Console, left because of trolls and no private servers. This will increase sales and popularity. So please add this in. Thank you. :grin:

Falskarr said:
We need private servers BADLY! Troll clans take over public servers and we have had enough. Most of the M&B community want Private servers so we can Roleplay and make organized events. Most people who left warband on Console, left because of trolls and no private servers. This will increase sales and popularity. So please add this in. Thank you. :grin:

Clearly, I don't know if it's a huge thing to do, but the community is really trying to be organized with all the different clans, we just want great battles, but it's often bad only because we can't control the players who are not fair-play, and exclude a player has no incidence when he can come back in less than a minute.
Dear Developers, you are our only hope, reviving m&b on console was a great idea, don't give it up please !  :wink: (sorry bad english, french here^^)

Unfortunately, I dont see how this is possible without the help of a computer.

(Basing this off PS4 specs, however, I dont think much would change on the xbox)

Since the PS4 has 8 cores, and the fact that its insanely weak to, this could make warband multiplayer a very laggy experience. Warband multiplayer relies heavily on single core performance.

You could fix this by getting a computer and hosting your own server from there, but talesworlds did not release a patch to allow crossplay/hosting for console players, and even if you set up a decent pc for hosting a warband server, why even play on the ps4 anymore when you already have a decent pc that can game cheap from Steam?

Sorry, but you are going to have to rely on Talesworld's own dedicated servers

BestPlayerNA said:
By private servers they mean private lobbies and plenty of games have these.

Yes I know.

But the very nature of mount and blade's game and how its being programmed to run does not allow this. Unless a dev or someone smart can chip in and tell me im wrong, Im 99.99% sure that mount and blade private lobbies would not be possible, especially if OP wants to host clan events.

What you said about single core usage is true, at least for PC. That said, the PS4/XBOX should be strong enough to handle hosting a lobby for a couple of players(I'm guessing 16-32 should be very possible, maybe more - I don't know that though, since I do not own either console nor know their specs from the top of my head).

Keep the private server discussion here. Creating multiple identical threads is spam.

The devs are keenly aware of the desire for private servers on console, and the last time they were asked about it, they said private servers aren't planned. Perhaps if there is enough support for it here, they may be convinced otherwise. If not for Warband, maybe Bannerlord.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
We don't have any plans to introduce private servers on consoles for Warband. I'm sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking to hear. :sad:

Why not? You’re losing the one player base and private servers are the only things we want! Just admit it, you don’t care about the community on consoles. Also we just made a petition and 40 people signed it in a matter of hours, you seriously need to add them as you’re just letting us down. ?

Don't double post. -Nemo

38 people is minuscule, to be honest. And it really doesn't seem private servers will come to the port, sadly. Still, keep generating interest for this, so hopefully the eventual Bannerlord port will have them.

It sucks, but instead of being hostile, and achieving nothing, maybe you could keep trying to be productive. If TW sees continued interest in the port, they might be encouraged to include more for Bannerlord.

Fine. But like I said look at our role play community trailer https://youtu.be/tQ8zwKdclag and this one https://youtu.be/3DKzYsWV3Fs

Cpt. Nemo said:
It sucks, but instead of being hostile, and achieving nothing, maybe you could keep trying to be productive. If TW sees continued interest in the port, they might be encouraged to include more for Bannerlord.

Been about a year, still consistent, any new changes? ;/

Back
Top Bottom