Vaegir Troop 'Improvements'

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, noticed how horribly outmatched the Vaegirs are compared to their neighbors?

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,343387.0.html

Well, I made some changes with the troops, no new ones just working on the same units, and came up with these.

Peltast & Psiloi 1H & Shield
- Peltast has Short-hafted Morningstar + Heavy Round Shield (Equal footing with Shield Maidens)
- Psiloi have either Vaegiran Fighting Axe or Iron War Axe + Round Shield
Koursores - One Handed Axe (Longer Reach for Cav to Infantry Close Quarters)
Pecheneg - Hand Axe (They had a 2H/1H that was pretty good but since they don't have Power Strike I switched it)
Sentry - No idea what to do with these guys, like the armor is obv. too heavy for the armor points given, their too weak and slow to be actually a match with infantry their tier, and they're not required to have helmets (so head shot/swing = rip). But like I get it that Vaegir strength isn't in the infantry and since I changed up their Tier 3 inf I thought leaving the sentries alone was an equalizer.
Longbowman - thought of making them a peasant troop to finally make use of the faction's strength (archers) but thought it might get too OP. Though that price tag (560~) does make it seem viable.

Just putting it out there to see if you guys have any better suggestions, little tweaks to finally make the Vaegirs not lose Curaw, Khudan, Ismirala Castle, Jeirbe Castle, and Sungetche Castle in less that 100 days. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom