Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

gsanders said:
  As I recall, you're using v155 series.
No rush about fixing it, as a matter of fact, I probably need the rude awakening, because I've been having it too easy, and may have been playing too sloppily.

Just wanted to let you know it's happening on a 156 B7 character, that is, last patch, and no custom troops.  Also, he is a paladin/monk... but he may have been started a while ago, when classes were a bit confused.

You know what, I'll start a new character and see how dodge works (or does not)

Tuidjy said:
You know what, I'll start a new character and see how dodge works (or does not)

It won't do any good.  You're right, I can see that normal weapons do double damage right now; magical weapons and spell intermediates do damage once only.
So right now normal weapons rock and magic is a little weaker by comparison.  But dodge at best is taking away half the damage instead of all of it.  That may be not a bad thing, but it is unexpected.

I can clean it up quickly enough if/whenever I get back in the saddle again.  The code changes needed are within my skill set and could be done in a half day or less (and perhaps less than an hour) when I'm 'myself' again, whatever that looks like.  I'm not consistently brilliant, if I ever was, but I feel like my "feeblemind" status is passing.  It is mostly a lack of sleep "thing".  Too much coffee and not correct rest; I took it too seriously.  I had no business drinking coffee anyway :smile: I've watched too many netflix type fluff and not really coded at all last week.  "Soon" tm

This whole month of April was a wash for me and May was recovery.  Perhaps June will be a new wave (except a planned break scheduled the latter half for my family).  Still waiting on code for Warsword Conquest; I missed the window and they want to have magic system finished before I see it, so I don't inadvertently cross contaminate either side along the magic system.  Certainly I now have some advantage so far as map movement and a better implementation of the core systems I brought before.  I think this mod is pretty darn smooth compared to my 2015/2016 "work".  Sea travel was a big embarrassment that I have not tackled here but I plan to do that differently alongside a swimming system here, and sidestep all of sea there.  Some of my mistakes gave insights needed to swim correctly, so it was not all a waste.  Also Nameless wants to do all the Vampire lords stuff so that I don't fret over the concept of supporting undead, by way of kindness.  I volunteered some of the necromancer changes I personally made, but I think he'll just do it himself.  Which is one less burden on my wretched soul.  Ah well; he has really good modelers and sceners, and a better map.  I think in general the code here is better, and pretty much everything else except code is worse...  And while I mention it, Guspav did give a huge head start, even if I did replace most of his scripts.  I can drag race a rebuild but I can't build from scratch it seems.  I needed his start to finish something in me.  I think its almost working well, but could always be improved.

Ok done some testing on the 26.05.2018 patch nad found some nasty stuff, while the priest fire storm did a lot of damage now it does magrinaly less like zero, nada zilch.

-Energy burst heals properly now, scales with faith, but it does too much damage to horses, fought 20 swadian man at arms and their hunters got killed in one shot  with 200+ damage

-flame strike deals more damage wich is good,

-and weapon scrpts dont work they dont do any damage, even in the previus patch but the frosband is just an overpriced decorative sword without hte 5-15 damage it usually does, my char have zero spell power somaybe its that?

-Anyway another minot thing is the dialogs of the artifact seller saying wrong prices, pre sale.

-twiglight boots are kinda weak compared to lordly plate boots and those give +9 to body armor so a win there, recomend to make an overlords set of armor (already saw the body for it) that has supior defence and abysmall magic stats while still being silk.

-If the weapon elemental damage script works again will dealing damage to the anemy via cleric spells(non equip one so that the frostband(or what ever) is equip) while you have a script weapon equiped activate t he cript, kinda like buff or will you try to root it out(good luck with that one)

Oh and since im on a roll is the smith that upgrades weapons staying in the four ways inn going to be a thing, oh and for the custom mercenaries in the future can we chose a race? I know that it will take a lot of time like 3 troop trees per race, but having a choice is always tasty I mean good.

Is clicking a town 3 times to enter a town a feature or a bug ? I am running on the current last version Patch P8 series 150v. The bug happens every time I try to enter a town and it feels like a lag spike, I click it once - game freezes I click again on the town - the game freezes and click third time and I am into the town. I am not sure if it's from my computer but the mod doesn't lag anywhere else.

I found an interesting bug today in v156b8 if you are interested. After defeating a lord I found him as a companion in my party, I think other defeated enemies also sometimes end up in my party and knocked out troops seem to sometimes duplicate. Think it might be part of the resurrection thing, if that's even active.

spiff said:
I found an interesting bug today in v156b8 if you are interested. After defeating a lord I found him as a companion in my party, I think other defeated enemies also sometimes end up in my party and knocked out troops seem to sometimes duplicate. Think it might be part of the resurrection thing, if that's even active.

I could see this happening when it was a lord helping you that "died".  I'll filter heroes from being put into the resurrection pool in the first place and then they can't be salvaged and auto-placed into your party, for next patch.

There is also an issue for TPE tournaments "enhanced weapons" being at the end of items list and thus out of range for boundary checking on dodge and normal damage.  This would have resulted in enhanced TPE gear being mistaken for spells or magic weapons, neither of which are trapped or handled in tournament missions, and thus doing no damage always.  I'll also have that fixed shortly, but right this instant I'm still focused on v155, which probably will see the changes first as its next to get a patch.

-----
  EDIT: So the lords joining your party is more complicated than it looks.  I put a filter to block heroes from being in the resurrection pool but eventually I got a lord added as well, and accessing the lord crashed to desktop, making it more important to prevent.  My current theory is adding to the party after battle risks promoting prisoners to party members, since prisoners are usually at the end of the party, so if there is now something beyond the old prisoner marker then every prisoner just entered the party so far as Warband is concerned.  I'll watch it longer and try different tricks, including splitting prisoners from the party, adding the new troops, then merging prisoners again so ther marker is refreshed.

First off, I really appreciate the work you've put in this mod. I absolutely love playing it!

I've encountered an issue as I can't see the necromancy skill in character menu. This bug appears both on v150 and v156 (newest patch as of now).
When using TweakMB to see the skills I also couldn't find necromancy anywhere. However, when I changed the value in skills.txt (skl_reserved_7 Necromancy 258 15 to skl_reserved_7 Necromancy 2 15) I was able to see the necromancy skill. Unfortunately it seemed to reset to 7 whenever I created some corpses. I was using the drow race, with background: travelling merchant, craftsman's apprentice and lust of money and power.

I'm using the 1.172 version of Warband.

cosar362 said:
First off, I really appreciate the work you've put in this mod. I absolutely love playing it!

I've encountered an issue as I can't see the necromancy skill in character menu. This bug appears both on v150 and v156 (newest patch as of now).
When using TweakMB to see the skills I also couldn't find necromancy anywhere. However, when I changed the value in skills.txt (skl_reserved_7 Necromancy 258 15 to skl_reserved_7 Necromancy 2 15) I was able to see the necromancy skill. Unfortunately it seemed to reset to 7 whenever I created some corpses. I was using the drow race, with background: travelling merchant, craftsman's apprentice and lust of money and power.

I'm using the 1.172 version of Warband.

It's not a bug.  I simply want it to stay 7.  Nobody asked you to change it.
  It's no longer something I want players to change.  Consider it a good thing though -- one less thing to spend skill points on, and starting at 7
instead of 2.  You should be more grateful...

Ah, sorry! I was just watching some let's plays from a few months ago and there was a necromacy skill, which made me feel confused. Thanks for quick response!

cosar362 said:
Ah, sorry! I was just watching some let's plays from a few months ago and there was a necromacy skill, which made me feel confused. Thanks for quick response!

it keeps changing.  Necromancy itself is no longer God mode OP, and I will resist any efforts to return to that state.
It is interesting, but since every necro feels compelled to ask it to be buffed I've started putting teeth into it, and generally bite heads when people asking "Moorrrr necro powers".  But at least you took that well, so there's hope.  I plan the next necro buff for Halloween.

gsanders said:
  EDIT: So the lords joining your party is more complicated than it looks.  I put a filter to block heroes from being in the resurrection pool but eventually I got a lord added as well, and accessing the lord crashed to desktop, making it more important to prevent.  My current theory is adding to the party after battle risks promoting prisoners to party members, since prisoners are usually at the end of the party, so if there is now something beyond the old prisoner marker then every prisoner just entered the party so far as Warband is concerned.  I'll watch it longer and try different tricks, including splitting prisoners from the party, adding the new troops, then merging prisoners again so ther marker is refreshed.

Is that right? Hehe, I have like 5 lords or so in my party so far and they function just like companions except you don't have the "I'd like to ask you something" dialog option and you can garrison your town with them, which is actually super cool, I wish I could garrison my towns with regular companions.

spiff said:
Hehe, I have like 5 lords or so in my party so far and they function just like companions except you don't have the "I'd like to ask you something" dialog option and you can garrison your town with them, which is actually super cool, I wish I could garrison my towns with regular companions.
  I fixed it for v155 but have not had time for a v156 patch.  Its not possible in v150.

EDIT: the patch is up.  I didn't have it automatically hunt for and remove heroes that are wrongfully in your party, as it might have screwed with lord/lady spouses and wife as a companion, so the safest thing is for you to man up and remove them yourself or risk corruption sometime if normal warband ai tries to look for lords and gets errors because one copy is in your party and couldn't do whatever the ai function was so it skipped that lord that is on the map in their own party.  You've been warned.  Most likely the real lords won't do their functions, like add troops to their party, update quests, answer calls by marshall, decide to defend their villages or loot others, and so on.  This may still seem cool to you but it will eventually cause trouble, which you have no right to inflict on me after I fix the original cause.  So don't tell me about problems later from your fleet of cloned duplicate lords.  Or at least expect me to give you the absolute coldest stare I can, having already said this.

If it wasn't such a big risk of problems, I wouldn't have patched on a Monday Tuesday.

Running into a a few bugs - 

TPE -  All tournaments start with only a shield or spear. At the start of the match phrase scrolls about 20 times "ERROR (TPE design): an invalid item type (normal) is detected."

First noticed in Jekala. Jumped around and saw the same thing in Praven, Narra and Tulga. Looked at the TPE options and everything was set to 0%. Changed it but made no difference no matter the choices made.

Playing v. 156 b8b. Re downloaded both full and applied hotfix to see if something was missing.

Also tested Monk and unarmed combat. noticing no damage at all. Tested against looter. Cheated the stat to unarmed 10 and still 0 damage.

Additionally second class isn't showing up in the action menu screen. I just see second class** and a blank. Tested several new character creations and no second class is shown. The class is active (cleric and mage for quick check), just not show in menu presentation.

Chaos Spell is missing in spell book. Can buy it from mages guild but can't add it and doesn't show. Also tried the cheat option still no show.

Bankoleva said:
Running into a a few bugs - 

TPE -  All tournaments start with only a shield or spear. At the start of the match phrase scrolls about 20 times "ERROR (TPE design): an invalid item type (normal) is detected."

First noticed in Jekala. Jumped around and saw the same thing in Praven, Narra and Tulga. Looked at the TPE options and everything was set to 0%. Changed it but made no difference no matter the choices made.

Playing v. 156 b8b. Re downloaded both full and applied hotfix to see if something was missing.

Also tested Monk and unarmed combat. noticing no damage at all. Tested against looter. Cheated the stat to unarmed 10 and still 0 damage.

Additionally second class isn't showing up in the action menu screen. I just see second class** and a blank. Tested several new character creations and no second class is shown. The class is active (cleric and mage for quick check), just not show in menu presentation.

Chaos Spell is missing in spell book. Can buy it from mages guild but can't add it and doesn't show. Also tried the cheat option still no show.

I won't have time for another patch until September.  If TPE is really such an issue I can lock the menu that lets players enter tournaments so the tourney comes and goes without the player's participation.  I have only that much time.

Chaos is closed.  In a perfect world, I'd stop it from being sold.
  If I had unlimited time, I might also lock the selling of spell scrolls so that if you were not a magic user in the savegame database you don't get the menu option shown.  This would save emails from angry Necromancers, who feel they should be opening spell books.

But necromancer does try to open the spell book for magic users if called from the M presentation.
  If I have to make an emergency patch just to close tournaments, I'll definitely make the spell book snap shut if the player fails a check to see if they should have been able to access it in the first place. 

Monks this is probably your monk setting is not set from character creation correctly, which affects only unarmed damage at skill > 3.

I really don't have time for this all summer.  I might make an emergency patch but mainly to turn off problem areas until after summer when I can look at them.  Please respect me almost as much as you expect me to respect you.  Unlike you, my summer has less, not more, time to kill.

I played v156 for about 300 in-game days and so far the Delthersam was the only faction destroyed. As a king, I have successfully waged a war against them and won it just like in any other mod, nothing special occurred. However, eliminating factions doesn't seem possible to me anymore because of strange bug.
To begin with, almost all good factions (my kingdom included) are attacking the Drows who have lost their settlements. Currently Praven - last Drow fief - is besieged by Swadians, and when I wait for long enough for them to begin an assault, strange thing occurs - random city/castle on the map is replaced by Drow-owned "Senger xxx's Party" (villages around it stay with the original faction) and red text with errors appear in the log. This "party" acts very strangely - when I enter it I speak with Drow lord (who is actually on the other side of the map) and sometimes with guildmaster. I can besiege it, but the siege is literally unwinnable - after successful battle nothing happens, and "party" continues to stand with 0 troops in garrison. Even when Praven is taken by Swadians, this mysterious "party" doesn't disappear, and distracts AI lords who try to capture it like it was a fief.
I've never seen anything close to this in any other mod. I also haven't found anything about this on the forums and such.
So is this a bug? Or maybe a special feature intended to not to let AI kingdoms destroy each other by ruining the game for player if he doesn't manage to eliminate factions himself? Or do I not understand something? I can post some screenshots if needed, but you probably understand what I'm talking about and have seen it before.

krom5072 said:
I played v156 for about 300 in-game days and so far the Delthersam was the only faction destroyed. As a king, I have successfully waged a war against them and won it just like in any other mod, nothing special occurred. However, eliminating factions doesn't seem possible to me anymore because of strange bug.
To begin with, almost all good factions (my kingdom included) are attacking the Drows who have lost their settlements. Currently Praven - last Drow fief - is besieged by Swadians, and when I wait for long enough for them to begin an assault, strange thing occurs - random city/castle on the map is replaced by Drow-owned "Senger xxx's Party" (villages around it stay with the original faction) and red text with errors appear in the log. This "party" acts very strangely - when I enter it I speak with Drow lord (who is actually on the other side of the map) and sometimes with guildmaster. I can besiege it, but the siege is literally unwinnable - after successful battle nothing happens, and "party" continues to stand with 0 troops in garrison. Even when Praven is taken by Swadians, this mysterious "party" doesn't disappear, and distracts AI lords who try to capture it like it was a fief.
I've never seen anything close to this in any other mod. I also haven't found anything about this on the forums and such.
So is this a bug? Or maybe a special feature intended to not to let AI kingdoms destroy each other by ruining the game for player if he doesn't manage to eliminate factions himself? Or do I not understand something? I can post some screenshots if needed, but you probably understand what I'm talking about and have seen it before.

Thats not an intended outcome, but seems to happen as lords come back from exile.  The lord is marked as having drow faction in
your case, so of course anything attacking drows and seeing real estate wants to attack a drow castle/town/fief.  The fact that the "lord" is not moving and replaced an existing center implies corrupt savegame.

I actually destroyed Sarranids  and the faction was eliminated without this happening, so it certainly isn't something that has to happen.
If the problem was a lord returning became a new "center", as if it were an outpost added past the last center, I could look for something like a bandit camp, which can't be sieged because there isn't a scene associated with it for siege and it is not internally marked for sieges, but this is something unusual.

Maybe you should post your savegame., ideally before it got corrupt since you say it "always happens".  There may be something that preceeds it I can find.  I'd also try toggling diplomacy options for lords returning from exile and see if you get lucky.

I really don't have time for this.  I kind of feel screwed for making a mod and then the very day I say "OK now I'm busy" two different people hit me with big issues they expect immediate answers to, when I'm pretty much out of time all summer now. You figure I have nothing better to do than screw users, but actually they kind of mess with me.  I'd be delighted to have people play the game quietly all summer long without me having to lose more time, but it won't happen.  I'm not sure if this happens when exiles return; I blocked some of them from returning, even if you set to return or not, but only if you or their faction were necromancers.  It's not clear to me when this occurs what else is happening, and if some register is trashed so that it forgets the party count and just slams the new party over an existing one.  E very other mod authors depart for months at a time and noone chases them.  Years sometimes!  All I know is MY saves dont do this.

gsanders said:
  Thats not an intended outcome, but seems to happen as lords come back from exile.  The lord is marked as having drow faction in
your case, so of course anything attacking drows and seeing real estate wants to attack a drow castle/town/fief.  The fact that the "lord" is not moving and replaced an existing center implies corrupt savegame.

I actually destroyed Sarranids  and the faction was eliminated without this happening, so it certainly isn't something that has to happen.
If the problem was a lord returning became a new "center", as if it were an outpost added past the last center, I could look for something like a bandit camp, which can't be sieged because there isn't a scene associated with it for siege and it is not internally marked for sieges, but this is something unusual.

Maybe you should post your savegame., ideally before it got corrupt since you say it "always happens".  There may be something that preceeds it I can find.  I'd also try toggling diplomacy options for lords returning from exile and see if you get lucky.

I really don't have time for this.  I kind of feel screwed for making a mod and then the very day I say "OK now I'm busy" two different people hit me with big issues they expect immediate answers to, when I'm pretty much out of time all summer now. You figure I have nothing better to do than screw users, but actually they kind of mess with me.  I'd be delighted to have people play the game quietly all summer long without me having to lose more time, but it won't happen.  I'm not sure if this happens when exiles return; I blocked some of them from returning, even if you set to return or not, but only if you or their faction were necromancers.  It's not clear to me when this occurs what else is happening, and if some register is trashed so that it forgets the party count and just slams the new party over an existing one.  E very other mod authors depart for months at a time and noone chases them.  Years sometimes!  All I know is MY saves dont do this.

Well, in my case none of the lords have gone into exile yet, I always disable them from returning anyway.
Savegame may have become corrupt and I have no idea why and when. Maybe my frequent cheat menu use played a role in this. I have saves at day 300 and day 315 - just before Swadian army creates a bug. After their assault a random center becomes "senger's party" - last time it was Sargoth.
Here are the saves - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b3cjx05vbWZ2ZLrgXCQ3VimzD6dUrJG6
(I don't really expect to recover them  :roll:, but that'd be exciting)

And of course sorry for interrupting you whatever you're doing. I definitely expect the soonest reply possible, but it's fine if you don't have time and wish to deal with this at the moment.

krom5072 said:
Well, in my case none of the lords have gone into exile yet, I always disable them from returning anyway.
Savegame may have become corrupt and I have no idea why and when. Maybe my frequent cheat menu use played a role in this. I have saves at day 300 and day 315 - just before Swadian army creates a bug. After their assault a random center becomes "senger's party" - last time it was Sargoth.
Here are the saves - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b3cjx05vbWZ2ZLrgXCQ3VimzD6dUrJG6
(I don't really expect to recover them  :roll:, but that'd be exciting)

And of course sorry for interrupting you whatever you're doing. I definitely expect the soonest reply possible, but it's fine if you don't have time and wish to deal with this at the moment.

OK I got the files.  Maybe give it a rest for a week so I have time. I will be away from my computer at the Black sea for several weeks, and not even telephone for internet.  It's not like this is paid work for you.  At my day job my roof was taken from me so I don't know if I can continue now, but if so, I am due to fix Warsword Conquest.  They waited 2 years.  If I see something quickly then I can replay.  I otherwise have little time in the next month.  I think Warsword Conquest needs about 8-10 weeks to clean up.  This mod was quiet and now people suddenly come at me with strange problems I last saw 6 months ago.  I kind of wish I could unplug from internet and tell all to go get stuffed.  My only friend at work died suddenly and generally I have little interest in babysitting, but I understand how it sucks to invest emotionally in a mod right when a mod author plans to take the summer off.

----
  My first impression is this savegame has been edited by Morgh's, which may have broken the game.  The stats are not natural or anything close to matching the levels, both for you and companions.  I'll see if I can get into conflict with the Drow, but they won't declare war on such a larger opponent.  I'll have to instead try to get ally status with someone already declaring war with them.

The only thing I see shortly before your 15 days passed is several lords are indicted and sent to join the Drow; they might be keeping their old faction values or somesuch.  I'll let more time pass.  My save of your instance is at  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KYGz_MaR7k1tspOEiYbNKZbRpF8OUWa7/view?usp=sharing

E8fuL.jpg

In general I'd say people that edit their savegames with an editor should get stuffed and not drag me into their side effects, but I mostly want to be sure there isnt a real problem from something I did rather than a morgh's caused problem from something you did.

Back
Top Bottom