Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

a few for myself:

a)  Book Sellers in taverns have no inventory.

b)  after helping Drow villagers with Bandits, I would have gotten a faction boost for Drow but instead was told I have increased relations with NO STRING      FIXED

c)  Burying dead ought to give XP.  It's more of an suggestion to myself than a bug, but since the current build opens with a pretty much global epidemic, I should fine tune the results of coping with the disease.  Besides, it's plenty profitable done right, as I'll need to document in the has_to_be_done_Soon "Player Handbook."

d) So the slider showing how well you are liked seems to be seeing the true value as a negative number:
Notice for image 3 how the town states they are "accepting" of me, with relation 10, so I need to find each of these and compare what the calculation is referencing.  One is working fine, the other is flipped, same character, same city.

h0-gk.jpg
iWMiN.jpg
jXhan.jpg

HIrlO.jpg
Hsh8X.jpg
bdJdA.jpg

e) I still need to adjust some of the scripts to match the parameter passing used now instead of 2 years ago for Rigale functions.
Worse, the medicine checks looking at the player party to decide if any NON Heroes in the party boost treatment needs to be implemented.  I had started earlier before realizing there were now more than 57 flavors of cleric in the game and decided I could/should save time by making the checks differently.  It's still an open issue that probably won't be addressed fully for a few days yet:  (and I'll clean up the text, of course)

9Ygu6.jpg
      FIXED

EDIT:
f) temporary harvest places hang on enter.  At least Hunting did.  That's disappointing.  However it is easy to just turn them off so they never appear and worry about it some other week.

g) After choosing that I prefer to walk and not get the free courser / warg (is anything really "free"?):
nFjhV.jpg
      FIXED

And a reminder that sometimes, things get fixed after all.  It was a useful thing, now it's working.  I hadn't let cultures finish initializing, nor villages to get assigned their cultures.
8jgSw.jpg

So far the rework for Bandit camps seems to be doing what it needed to do.  Every faction gets 1 type of unique bandit, those are created smoothly,
they tend to block the most profitable trade routes and make what might have seemed easy access to Drow, Necro, and Orc kingdoms (which are easier to defend now) a little bit risky early game, which suits me just fine.  Everybody has something to bother them within their borders, and no one spot has too many overlapping spawns unlike previously.

Next I'll work on entering camps and having the mission_template for bandit camps reacting as it would on any other mod, and with that I'll be ready to test the bandit camp quest (with a reasonable chance of success).  There's still a good solid week of fixes that need doing before I can get my 3 testers a version I'm actually interested in getting reports on.  For now I have a good enough list without any false positives on things half built and still getting riveted in (or locked down, either/or).

Apologies for taking so long, but its day 70 and some dust/unpainted walls/missing doors/unfinished stuff  is to be expected.

EDIT: Saturday morning  7 Oct:  The coding is done for bandit camp/quest fixes and I'm quick testing now.

Issue #2:
  Female Skins
  As mentioned elsewhere: "in short, Barf's face update 1.3 works great for human female face (using  face_female) but face_elf_female with pointy ears has the eyes moved down slightly and this leaves eye sockets showing at the cheekbones.  Anyone complaining to me about lack of pointy ears had better be ready to drag some human ears into a point for me or stay satisfied by my lack of artistic skills.  The eye sockets popping out of the face really was terrible.  Same thing for Drow and Orc women's faces.  i suppose, I could leave the eye socket "feature" in for orc women, as some kind of cultural scarring, but it is hmm a real "eye sore".
Drow and Orc females: can't use human head; eyes are in the wrong place, again.  Elf females can be adjusted but their skin color doesn't match at neck line.  this is only noticeable if you take all their clothes off though, as in Barbarian class starting gear."
V5ozF.jpg
yr8MF.jpg
JCdVo.jpg
JQElH.jpg

I'll keep looking for a more elegant solution, perhaps by being clever with the resource file being used.  Elf women, who were really messed up at first, aren't so bad looking now, especially with any clothes (tunic/chest armor/dress) on.  I can look at what I used elsewhere (Phosphor I); it's also probably using Elven Path like Phantasy's drow, but I would have been using the Chinese galou faces then, which strongly resemble Barf's faces or are the identical faces after all.  Its a funny thing -- if you look on Nexusmods, theres like 6 "prettier womens faces" "mods" and every one of them is using the same base galou faces or Barf's faces (which strongly look to be identical).  I can't find anything that isn't using the same core, so far...

EDIT:  =====
  So after some changes, here's the state of woman's artwork:  Elf, Human, Drow  (Orc unchanged)
widSF.jpg
40Pgu.jpg

9YQ18.jpg

Slight improvements for Elf and Human, fix to hairstyles that the original Galou faces lacked (using Barf's 1.3), no real change for Drow female.
Drow female uploaded in higher resolution so you can see exactly the issue.  Actually, when fighting in combat you probably will never notice it.
It's fairly seldom to see the face in this much detail.  The original drow look was fine but then that scraps the FAR better human and Elf faces.
Notice Human female is using Barf's 1.3 and Elf female is using Galou faces, both mapped onto the identical "female_head" object.  It's hard to tell the difference between them to my eyes, but both look excellent, from the neck up.

So, I did some quest related bug hunting today. Note that I'm using the very first version you gave me, the 1.120. Most of the quests are indeed buggy, should I list them one by one, or  do you know &! fixed them already? Also, there was a flood of trade agreement messages, like 30 or so. Was a bit tiring to flip them all. I know this is to be expected since there are way more factions than in native, but it's still strange.

imyungdae said:
So, I did some quest related bug hunting today. Note that I'm using the very first version you gave me, the 1.120. Most of the quests are indeed buggy, should I list them one by one, or  do you know &! fixed them already? Also, there was a flood of trade agreement messages, like 30 or so. Was a bit tiring to flip them all. I know this is to be expected since there are way more factions than in native, but it's still strange.

Why don't you look at the v131 update I made 30 seconds ago in the folder I sent you by email and see how many quests are still open with issues?
Also please look at bandit camps and bandit camp quests.  I think I fixed some errors but I haven't had time to even briefly 2 minute test them.
Probably most quests have issues, but I've fixed one error in setting up the dialogs that might have been influencing quest handling also (it was giving the error for relations).

I can put a thing to skip messages from diplomacy next time; it was a tweak Cernunos made but I haven't ran it down to copy it.
Also items have changes, the bandit parties are different than you remember, villages are moved around, most of the evil places are shifted a bit, and there are some internal shifts in many other areas.  There is a manual of sorts in the folder I shared for Rigale, but its not a testing priority, more of a "oh, so it can do this too eh?".  Its taken far too much of my time already but its almost working, most of it.  I'm most interested in broken dialogs, quests, and diplomacy right now - core Warband features in other words.  You might also critique things I haven't touched at all, such as Guspav's barbarian class handler.  I haven't touched tournaments so all of those issues are open.  Women's faces I already discussed; I'm satisfied with human and elf; the drow and orc females have defects that I could I suppose live with for now, since I don't have an artist to rework them.  it's data not code anyway, much as I hate to put it like that.

- GS

I wrote in the recent mail that im unable to open it for some reason. It says Im logged off however im clearly not.

imyungdae said:
I wrote in the recent mail that im unable to open it for some reason. It says Im logged off however im clearly not.

You didnt use the folder I most recently gave.  The folder that held v120 is gone now.  Besides people I actually didnt mind showing the mod to, it had one exceptional person who mostly was there after having called me a liar and a thief, in essence.  i was hoping they'd post for me to get my honor back, but apparently it was all a head game for them.  So the folder is closed.  If you really havent gotten an update, then it means I was disappointed in something.  But you should check your email once more.

To be very blunt, if Taleworlds hadn't made a big stink about me using early access for some sort of personal advantage, all sorts of people would have it,.  Instead, they pretty much made it take an act of congress, or maybe personal intervention of a deity (one's a lower bidder than the rest, be certain).  But basically, they won't let me reward anyone with early access.  So noone gets to see it.  I would have preferred someone see it to provide evidence that it was real, not vaporware, and did most or all of the things I said it does.  That may yet happen.  But its pretty much limited to those who do work in some form or another, in lieu of any other consideration.  You happened to have done some work for me, so thats a good thing.

Guspav isn't greatly happy with my pushing ahead when the mod really isnt perfect.  He has the right, after all his name is on it someplace.  It really does need to be better.  I never promised it would be ready to ship on this the 65th day of the mod in its present incarnation.  But his mod in a state of 1000 days did much less (counting ONLY the not-Magic layer.  His Magic was excellent, I like the Barbarian class too now, and I may yet find other places warm me). .  Nevertheless, I said his magic and cleric code was genius (a word I personally don't use lightly), and the rest... errm the rest of it could be safely retooled and I doubt anyone would notice.  I'm interested in the rest of the code -- the spells work just fine right now.  The rest needed retooling.  It will be ready (enough will be ready) by at most day 100, but I think today's build is much stronger than the build you saw from a month ago.  Hopefully, someone can confirm this.  If not, it actually doesn't matter.  Taleworlds is fine with me -- I'm not a rebel.  Just I won't let my family starve -- so anything that blocks me, gets steam rolled, or I take my code and walk, not because I have some philosophic difference, but because I no longer have the luxury to sit for years and do very little.  It happens -- but while I have the pen of power in my hand, I best write.  Otherwise it gets taken away.  That's how it always works.

If YOU think it got better, tell us in your words or pictures what got better.  If it has problems outside Rigale, I want to know that too.  The core diplomacy ought to be working.  The quests -- should be hammered down right away.  The bandit camps -- I just did what I think they needed this morning.  I'll very selectively invite a few more people that do work, to do what they do best. 

- GS

I got that link and i used that. problem is not with the link but with my machine. Captchas don't load properly and other stuff. I can't even login to taleworlds from my laptop. I'll do a full antivirus check in safe mode tomorrow.
I managed to find out that it has to do something with DNSUnlocker malware
(I am writing from my phone now)

So, I could download it, and will give it a try even though I'll have an exam tomorrow...
I managed to get rid of all the adware / malware. However when I tried MSE after 9+ hours of search in safe mode without network it found nothing. Then malwarebytes found 59 threats in less than 20 min... Had to curse a lot lol and I don't get why did it happen... But at least its fine now.

Anyways, I'll give the new version a try and will give reports as well.

So I found the first and kind of annoying bug. Orc strap "meshes not found" and then I can't click "Return" button at merchant. Will post screenshots soon.

Additional thing:
Critical wandering failure, you tire yourself... yet fatigue is 0?

0V9Q8R.jpg

Slf8ga.jpg

Q4M7lO.jpg

imyungdae said:
Critical wandering failure, you tire yourself... yet fatigue is 0?

Fatigue messages are informative only for that build.  The movement rate that might have been driven by fatigue is actually renamed and not being called, rather the original one (that didn't care about fatigue).  the messages are just so I know what fatigue would have been IF it was turned on.  There will be an on/off switch for it later, when it will have the option to impact movement speed based on the game settings switch selected by the player, with the default "fatigue off".

1, I found a quest-related bug, when I'm being asked to train some soldiers for the lord.
2. Then the same error that was present in v.120 occurred. Prisoners left, like they were companions.
3. When I attacked a cursed battleground zombie lair I spawned alone with my clone and my team was against me.
4. When I tried spear bracing i got the message you are no longer poisoned.
5. Last night in a previous game as an orc barbarian. I had like 80 two-handed skill. Then something happened and my proficiencies all went to like 0. My comapinons' proficiencies also. I'm trying to repeat it to find out what causes that.

x3dsEn.jpg

ZprKC0.jpg

QaIwnx.jpg

HdMbPv.jpg

vD7eCG.jpg

9Tky7X.jpg

imyungdae said:
1, I found a quest-related bug, when I'm being asked to train some soldiers for the lord.
2. Then the same error that was present in v.120 occurred. Prisoners left, like they were companions.
3. When I attacked a cursed battleground zombie lair I spawned alone with my clone and my team was against me.
4. When I tried spear bracing i got the message you are no longer poisoned.

1) Lost in the woods is a seperate quest coming from Rigale. It gets turned on by being any skin except tf_elf_male or tf_elf_female and passing through woods on the strategic map.  The quest isn't enabled if Rigale is turned off at game options, or if exploration is turned off at game options.  Normally it would slow your movement in the forest, but since I wanted having ranger class units in your party (such as companion Deshevi), it was simpler for now just to put it as a harmless stub.  It pays you a few exp when you get to town or un-lose yourself.  Higher exploration skill grants immunity to getting lost, and you more quickly re-orient yourself.

2)  still looking for this
3)  found 3 more layers to this problem. 
        script  "game_event_party_encounter"  gets called when you encounter the camp as a party on the strategic map.
    This called game_menus  mnu_bandit_lair, which had support only for the native 6 bandit camps.
    Now all 13 bandit camp lairs are supported.    While I was at script_game_event_party_encounter  I also added support for my
Rigale temporary harvest encounters, and found my commented out stub for Guspav's lich lairs.  So instead of complaining about having to chase this down, it gave me the solution to two other action items on my to-do list.  Testing now.

TEST RESULT:
  Hmm.  I went looking for bandit camps where I thought they'd be and I couldn't find any.  So  ctrl-t  to show hidden parties and
found all my bandit camps had popped around the same attractor point, which is certainly a bug, but it did make testing easier.
r9Jtl.jpg
dhQ7N.jpg

jumping in and getting beaten up by slightly overpowered bandits is fine, at least it handled the consequences correctly and gave me a normal encounter with the correct troops at my side and correct scene.  The camp was removed correctly.
ASMvU.jpg
D8ql8.jpg
1lO-P.jpg

Native bandit camp lair worked as expected.  It's good when something works, to compare when it breaks.
hl4IR.jpg
xK-Vj.jpg
0-YtE.jpg
o77fp.jpg
i1-Ha.jpg

Zombie lair (bandit camp) working correctly.
dlQZh.jpg
odWJS.jpg
3r0Xc.jpg

Things to resolve next:  no loot after winning.  This is a bug from Warsword Rigale code I cut and pasted to fix the Phantasy bugs.
I guess now I can compare to diplomacy and set up the auto loot better, so loot goes to the right holding "troop".  Compared to solving the lair, that should be "relatively" easy.

DID THAT
s3UHI.jpg
a8xmU.jpg
yXnjP.jpg
o6Mnk.jpg
2pGfB.jpg
x7LKU.jpg

1) Lost in the woods is a seperate quest coming from Rigale. It gets turned on by being any skin except tf_elf_male or tf_elf_female and passing through woods on the strategic map.  The quest isn't enabled if Rigale is turned off at game options, or if exploration is turned off at game options.  Normally it would slow your movement in the forest, but since I wanted having ranger class units in your party (such as companion Deshevi), it was simpler for now just to put it as a harmless stub.  It pays you a few exp when you get to town or un-lose yourself.  Higher exploration skill grants immunity to getting lost, and you more quickly re-orient yourself.

What? I never mentioned it but I indeed met this. You mean this is what causes the proficiency loss?

Nevermind my previous post i realized whatever the hell is happening lol :grin: :grin: :grin:

There are messages in the morning and in the night that night creatures are strengthened / weakened. And orcs are classified as night creatures. Which means that I'm affected as well since I'm playing as an orc... That's why i have 20ish two-handed proficiency in daylight and 80ish two-handed proficiency in the night.

This is not actually a bug but a huge roleplaying feature.

Speaking of bugs however... I went to the Dhirim area as well, and indeed the bandit camps are there. Even the harvesting/minig camps too. I attacked a mountain bandit and a sea raider bandit camp, both were fine with no bugs. But then I attacked a shadow portal and the aforementioned bug happened ( me with my clone [and somehow a looter as well] against my army)

imyungdae said:
Speaking of bugs however... I went to the Dhirim area as well, and indeed the bandit camps are there. Even the harvesting/minig camps too. I attacked a mountain bandit and a sea raider bandit camp, both were fine with no bugs. But then I attacked a shadow portal and the aforementioned bug happened ( me with my clone [and somehow a looter as well] against my army)

Well, THATS because you aren't using my 4 hours old v132, which fixed entering Bandit lairs/camps.
Lairs popping all together - found the issue and fixed for unreleased v133 @ 10:41 AM Wed local time.

imyungdae said:
There are messages in the morning and in the night that night creatures are strengthened / weakened. And orcs are classified as night creatures. Which means that I'm affected as well since I'm playing as an orc... That's why i have 20ish two-handed proficiency in daylight and 80ish two-handed proficiency in the night.

This is not actually a bug but a huge roleplaying feature.

I'm certain Guspav meant it to apply only to troops and not skins.  I'll look at it Thursday.

Well, THATS because you aren't using my 4 hours old v132, which fixed entering Bandit lairs/camps.
  Did I not post screen shots from it three hours before your post?

Oh, alright then. I thought those are from 130 version...

I noticed that my proficiencies seem to change randomly... At night im stronger thats okay but now im not 80ish but rather 50ish... which is not so fun.

Aside from this report should I check quests?

imyungdae said:
  Did I not post screen shots from it three hours before your post?

Oh, alright then. I thought those are from 130 version...

I noticed that my proficiencies seem to change randomly... At night im stronger thats okay but now im not 80ish but rather 50ish... which is not so fun.

Aside from this report should I check quests?

YES.  Please tell me what quests break and where they work, as those came from Native and ought to be working.
The exotics adding more factions breaks some quests.  Try them in native factions once and then in an exotic faction once; the same quest might work in one and break in the second.

The weapons proficiency on a barbarian might change after you've been hit, but if its night and day I think Guspav's night enhancement was too sweeping.  It should affect troops and not the player.  Barbarians have a modifier to their next hit after taking damage; this is something Guspav cooked up.  I kind of like it, so far.  He has some stuff embedded that looks fresh and fun.  Its all the in between stuff that worked in native but is broken now that theres more factions that is worth hair pulling.

I'm testing quest bugs i found quite a few, and the same quests that are broken in phantasy factions are broken in native factions as well. My test characters are: orc barbarian for Bleeding Throat clan, Human ranger for Khergit Khanate, and Drow Necromancer for Delthersam and Drow Kingdom (whatever it's name it is).  I currently counted 10 buggy quests. I'll try to find more and report.

For now another: in the 2014 version i could play as a necro+mage+cleric by increasing the necessary skills and purchasing stuff. Now bought spell book+scrolls for my necromancer and got magic power up. But when I press M i get into the class skills menu. Mage and Necromancer are overlapped it can be barely read...

One more map issue:
Ridas Magocracy village, Grassshore is far in the sea on no visible land. I didn't try to access it yet, but will give it a try and post screenshots. From the quests as well bc I always get a load of error messages.

So this are the quests that don't work neither in phantasy neither in native faction.
Method: I asked native faction lords and phantasy faction lords for quests.

-Capture enemy lord
- Escort relative
- Meet spy in town

Other quests that don't work in native factions ( have to check phantasy factions yet)
- Lend companion
- Collect tax from lord
- Deliver letter
-Capture spy
- Capture escaped serfs
- (something i don't know what quest it is, because it just a mix of other texts, but PROBABLY claimant text mainly)

Other quests that don't work in phantasy factions ( have to check native factions yet)
- Capture prisoners for exchange
- Clear bandit infested village
- Train troops for lord

Then i tried to ask guild master for quest, he gave me no quest but there was the option "About the task you gave me..." I clicked it and got a bunch of error messages.

This much so far and now screenshot time.

WHgFtY.jpg

KLwkO9.jpg

yZaGiL.jpg

HGgTrG.jpg

a8Bj0M.jpg

toczXO.jpg

UONmhZ.jpg

XGrZrm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom