Phantasy 2018: Slideshow of features

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
from my (Dev) perspective.
  I'll convert this to use something other than google drive tomorrow, but here's my slideshow without comments.  I'll annotate these sometime shortly.
  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4sh7GRykLgEcjUxOVQ4bks3cE0?usp=sharing      54 slides

look down instead.

Typical battle:
DYv8q.jpg
M-Zaq.jpg
xLFht.jpg

It's a good enough time to walk through the mod as it stands today and comment on what you're seeing.

I've numbered each day's different compiles so that if I hand a version to someone and say "test THIS" and they write me 8 days later, I can ask what number they see when they start and have an idea of the last patch used.  The numbers thus have nothing to do with 2014 numbering, for now:
Rp4g6.jpg

Character creation is so far very ordinary, with some minor changes:
ahiRa.jpg
  Gnome is a Dwarf skin at the moment; there isn't a unique skin any more for Gnomes.

EYenr.jpg
  with class selection, you start to determine whether you start with magic spells, cleric spells, or nothing.
  Classes Rogue, Barbarian, Bard, Fighter and Ranger sort of don't get as much as
    Cleric, magic User, Necromancer, and Paladin.  I'd like to address that shortly, and have changes in mind that specifically increase the value of Rogue, Barbarian, and Ranger immediately.  I might be able to work in something unique for Bard as well.  Maybe Fighter could get a boost on battle experience and troops training to level faster...

SIZmM.jpg
j78Ae.jpg
UCWig.jpg
yTbc1.jpg
  cleric has some complicated deity selection which so far to me seems mainly to change what your spirit hammer becomes.  I managed to end up with a throwable/wieldable 2-handed sword with the deity I chose.

kRLO3.jpg
  The "Religious fervor" selection is a by-product of Diplomacy. It just adjusts your starting items and charisma, but now it SHOULD change Faith and Persuasion, possibly also some of the healing category items.  Hopefully I'll remember to go back and change those sometime...

BWhKF.jpg
  the Dwarf doesn't look all that bad, especially the beards.  There is a height limit, but I've stretched him slightly to
avoid the classic issues for sieges (stuck on ladders and can't get proper head shots because the head isn't where the Warband engine is aiming).  Too short and Dwarves will be unkillable for battles the player participates in (and of course autocalc is used in all battles the player does not personally watch so height does not matter).

OPFTs.jpg
  Here's something to skip the opening bandit fight.  "Take a nice long walk" actually starts you just outside city gates and the opening bandit ambush, with "merchant of town" quest series, is completely avoided.  That might be for the best - right now, it seems the quests - darn near all quests, are buggy.  There are different reasons for each, some related to too many factions and others with more exotic excuses/causes.  But here's something even more exotic next:

eB-es.jpg
  Here I choose "Go find an Inn", which leads to the usual bandit ambush.  I can press N to open my prayer book and I am confronted with a list of icons, which I have to either hover over to read (in battle!) or at least remember the picture.  At least they are sort of sorted for you by purpose, which lowers the amount of time.  The prayer book (or spell book for mages) auto-closes after you pick a prayer/spell, which is something to thank Guspav for astime is precious in battles.

QZpPh.jpg
AV2WJ.jpg
kgaS4.jpg

after the bandit fight, the merchant comes to you and you go talk, all as usual.  However NOW you can skip ahead (and get some free cash/status/etc) without wasting the next half hour of your real life lifespan doing the stock quests; less grind / more find...

hAejJ.jpg
So as a Priest I'd like to get a job (what a radical idea in a video game) as soon as possible, and one that doesn't involve slavery or murder for hire.  There are not a great many choices but a few exist.  I'd say the easiest is Entertainment, which needs high charisma to be able to invest in Entertainment skill, the higher the less likely to fail, and with Entertainment offering different difficulties (where higher difficulty pays 2-3x as much but is more likely to fail).  Speeches get a benefit from persuasion; both seem to need high charisma anyway - but this isn't a problem for a starting Cleric.  There isn't an advantage to buying the more expensive lute over they lyre - YET, but maybe lyre could give better adjusts at high difficulty.  If so, I'd probably put an agility based bonus/penalty on it at those high difficulty levels; I know I'm not Stevie Ray Vaughn (or substitute the player of your choice) - and most likely, neither are you.
  I'll "soon" make Entertainment a party skill for the first choice (where success = a payoff but time is wasted and you then have to wait an EXTRA hour (perhaps at the inn) before getting rewarded or told you failed.)  The payoff for telling speeches is personal gain of renown and right to rule, so that check has to be made using your own personal entertainment skill without boosts from party companions.  I don't mind dancing girls in the back ground (nor dancing men /elves / etc for that matter) as boosting a crowd's interest in a tavern spectacle, but speeches ought to be personal skill only.

IAxv8.jpg
  Guspav's original code had some strange issue here where at first the player party (with just the player in it so far) has incredibly low morale from "previous events".  Although this resolves itself fairly quickly by buying some different kinds of food/drink, or some successful Entertainment attempts, I really shouldn't start with morale in the high 20s / low 30s at hour 0, even if I win the first bandit attack.  We'll think harder about this later.  After a few days it sorts itself out - on MY playthroughs.  But then again, I may not play like the average player - (I may be worse).  We'll look at it sometime.

ObcA5.jpg
FYGcC.jpg
  So as a Gnome/Dwarf, I figure I best head over to the Dwarven kingdom to pick up some Dwarf recruits along the way.  Their skirmishers can eventually upgrade to firearms, and their fighters can wear heavy armor.  They may even be more resistant to magic - we'll see.  I evade some of Guspav's Orc bandit parties, and can see a Diplomacy made reinforcements party along the way.  The Dwarf capital has a huge sale on iron, which I can sell in Praven, so I'll do some investing.  Some of the villages may have items at better than usual pricing also...

Next, let us examine menus, changes from 2014, and so on (with some more changes in the pipeline* not shown):

camp menu shows influence of Diplomacy and PBOD, which each offer to let you tweak the variables used by each:
cmi0T.jpg
  "Auto-loot settings" comes from Diplomacy
  "Manage Split Troop Assignments" came from PBOD (Pre Battle Orders and Deployment) which expands formations AI

l-i2Y.jpg
  Diplomacy options.
    Notice the Disguise system, which is new.
    The Cheat menu enable/disable is setting the same global variable as used by cheat menu enable in PBOD.

l48dI.jpg
  The Actions menu had so many options I needed to split it so that more can be auto-added by (not yet used) Modmerger OSPs.  I put the ones you use seldom (like retire character) on page 2.

As the list of items that can go rotten has at least doubled, you can now "preserve foods" as well -
    fresh fruit and grapes convert 2:1 to their dried replacements, while various meats "smoke" 1:1 as you may be used to.  Some checking occurs to keep for example 3 fresh "fruit" from becoming 2 sets of "dried fruit".

Guspav gave you "Import/Export NPCs", "Turn off Alignment clashes", and "Copy scroll to spellbook"

MvZrS.jpg
  PBOD options are standard but if you haven't used them, re-assigning for example cavalry that lost their horses to infantry or handling ranged weapon classes that ran out of ammunition are useful.  Consider skirmishers: after the javelins are gone (or whatever they were using from a distance), do they really need to stay 15 meters or more away from their targets?  PBOD solves that for you.  There is the possibility of letting PBOD automatically use spear walls against cavalry, couch lances or switch weapons depending on location of nearest enemy for cavalry, and other useful things.  You should probably set "Battle Continuation, Charge after knockout (of player)" so that your last command (such as "hold here") can be cleared and the AI does something useful without you.  Well - "useful" is a relative term, isn't it?

3lUTa.jpg
  Here are Reports.

I needed to split this page as well, plus it is a good place to put some more partly hidden menus for testing and tuning as well (as "Reference material").

VBsjp.jpg
    Right now the troop tree viewer isn't ideal, in that it shows only the main troops for a faction, none of the bandits, none of for example the special troops (female elves/drow/blazing hand), and none of the kingdom lords/ladies, mercenaries, etc.  That will change later...

M5-iN.jpg
  selecting a specific troop on the tree shows more stats, including all the alternative items the troop might equip with.
I'll later need to edit every single troop to reduce the number of variants, mainly because it is possible for Warband to assign for example (at least!) 2 swords to agents that spawn where there are a large number of alternative weapons listed, or combinations like polearm that do not allow a shield and shield, where the items that cannot be wielded take up weight and equipment slots but are neither drawn nor wield these second weapons.  I suppose they would be useful if weapons broke in battle, but otherwise they are a nuisance for implementing weight related encumbrance and offering dodging to rogues, barbarians, and fighters.  This would greatly improve those classes in terms of catching up to spell casters at character creation.  I've also put in a game variable for each troop called "precognition" which basically is tied to awareness of ambush and hidden movement for Rogues, Rangers, and Barbarians, with Rogues getting the most.  Otherwise I'd probably claim Rogues don't get a great start.  I also plan a number of not-necessarily fighting skills so that rogues, rangers and barbarians have other skills for living off the land and movement in different terrain types/darkness/etc (not necessarily identically), that aren't shown at this time.  Also I think tree viewer needs modifying to show Phantasy related attributes.

O9k8g.jpg
  Tester oriented cheat menu right now.
    Voting yourself money and healing are obvious, but "add xp to party" auto levels everyone in the party to next tier.
    This can be incredibly handy during testing.
    Recruit prisoners skips the chance of any of them defecting etc. 
      By the way they do run away at night, about 1/4 chance each evening, if you just carry them with you forever.
      Later we'll see Guspav parked a permanent Ransom Broker at Four Winds trading post (near) the center of the map, in addition to whatever you find at the tavern.

dyNfR.jpg
  Reference menu, under Reports, with "enable cheat menu" ON from Diplomacy/PBOD:
    mainly I needed dynamic feedback on trade routes, prejudice and number of parties active/inactive in game.
    None of that fits into player immersion but it greatly influences tuning the game...
    That should be "8 races prejudice" at a time, and probably should be tweaked again.

mNl0E.jpg
-fo8g.jpg
ikR2c.jpg
WSm61.jpg
  Here I visit a town while leaving Cheat mode on to inspect the way menus changed at town to not overflow the
choices from "cheat menu" blocking "leave town" like you might have done in 2014.  Menus extend fairly deeply.

FuwcP.jpg
  I'm happy with how this turned out.  When a town/castle changes hands, it and its attached villages now change NPCs for {guild master, tavern keeper, arena master, enterprise hireling, each of the 4 merchants (general, horse, weapons, armor)} in the case of towns and village elder in the case of villages. 
  This has two limitations:
a) for players, it gets skipped.  You still have to migrate as before
b) the skin type is changed but not clothing, so dwarf NPCs that are populated this way from an expansion of Dwarves outside their usual territory will be in mismatched clothing. Likewise Dwarf places that now have mismatched humans/etc.  It works pretty well for all the other skin types, and is smart enough to remember male or female of the old NPC and supply a gender appropriate substitute on change of faction ownership.  It goes by faction culture, by the way.

0VinH.jpg
-vyDj.jpg
6TPZa.jpg
  Items have modified stats with item modifiers changing the morale value, including for drinks.
  I did the first two changes and the last is from Guspav's original mod changes.
    He managed to do this without using Modmerger "Item properties", which has a 63 item limit anyway,
    but this means another 63 items or combination of items could give stacking benefits later.  Its all interesting to me.

dpfDG.jpg
  At first I was annoyed when I kept losing horses! Why was that?  But Diplomacy's "autosell" just decided they weren't valuable enough to keep and kept dumping them.  Except - more horses mean more party speed, especially when carrying heavy items like iron...  The answer is go to market in town, select auto-sell, but now select configure and turn OFF auto-sale of horses, pistols, etc -- not that I've found any pistols in game.  Yet.  I sort of feel they should be rare craftable items, and not likely sold much anyway.  Perhaps an Assasin might have one someday though.  Or maybe not.  We'll see...

We continue the same walk through, but using a spell caster not a cleric:

Before, we had just visited the formerly human town of Tulga right after Orcs occupied it.
  Now I vist Bulugur which is attached to Tulga, and formerly human:
PlmeZ.jpg
HID85.jpg

59oiO.jpg
  I can open my spell book on visiting village center.

8cf4G.jpg
tmGRz.jpg
  My party is mixed Elf and Dwarf, which ought to chafe and probably in the future will give me some friction from
prejudice.  At the moment prejudice affects Diplomacy AFTER 20 days and village hiring recruits.  Later it will affect more things -- such as whether a neutral castle opens its gates to let you shelter there, or even if a town lets you in.

I think it's useful to look at the player character skills and attributes page to see all the places Guspav changed from Native if you have no experience with Phantasy Calradia (2014 edition).

Lqc53.jpg
NcHWe.jpg
  the faction display found under reports does not have enough columns to show the factions > Native
although you can scroll down to see how the new exotic factions think of the native 6 factions.  It is useful
to see trade/peace/war/non aggression diplomacy status quickly, since it is not obvious how some factions will
treat humans. 

NqSWN.jpg
  a more reliable if less colorful way to know how a faction feels is Notes tab: Factions: then select a faction.
For that matter, if I didn't see that "Dokohan Koldoff Alliance" holds Elf Forest, I probably wouldn't know that's what the
"good" elves are called.  They're at war at the same time with Drow and Orcs in this picture.  Look for new hatreds and part time frenemies with Diplomacy -- blazing hand has a reliable enemy in the undead kingdom, but they also have some friction with orcs and drow in terms of general alignment and some potential for friction with human kingdoms as well -- especially the Vatican's proxy over at Jelkala... ("soon")

ur4-G.jpg
xc7_T.jpg
  You can group sell (sell all) at the Ransom broker

jBfOu.jpg
qt9-8.jpg
  Guspav has already allowed saving/restoring NPC companions.  This works for ALL the companions, all 38 of them.

Wjpas.jpg
uASo1.jpg
Vrkhw.jpg
3-MnF.jpg
zXXQ9.jpg
  Lav's companion Overseer OSP was something Guspav added before I got here. If there were any wasted columns I could overwrite with Phantasy specific attributes I might tailor this slightly.  From the game map press O to access, O as in Oscar.

sxjZY.jpg
zHlbg.jpg
yfRhM.jpg
  a trio of scenes from the OSP Elven Path, showing good use of scene materials.  Guspav added those spiders and gave us an underground shader keep everything blood purple colored.  The first is the castle at Elven Kingdom, which is different from Elven Path's glade.  I should make the Lich lair open for visits again, I think he has a special scene there also.

1Dkio.jpg
I_qGx.jpg
  back at the Elven kingdom, I visit the magic guild.  Do note that different magic guilds {Elf, Mages, Drow, undead} have different spells available.  I had to hunt around to find Missile Swarm for example.  Non-mages have a quest here that actually works, allowing them to get free gear and the ability to set spell casting (it's not as simple as buying a spell book and 1 scroll).

hBgRT.jpg
SHUhY.jpg
qmQgb.jpg
  Four Ways Inn has some static residents that seem like taverns but they aren't by tavern rules.
  Each does something different, and they're always there instead of the hit or miss effect at taverns.

ATCTO.jpg
orhJi.jpg
mA03w.jpg
N52ov.jpg
KaPoE.jpg
  a typical fight, from start to finish.

w8Kff.jpg
me89c.jpg
  Here are examples of something done differently than normal: if you find a battle already taking place,
you can choose which side to join - even if it is an enemy, or one is a friend.  Of course, you'll take hits on your relation with a faction (or gain the small benefit of winning on that side).  After the fight of course, if you are weak and the survivor is strong (and hates you), you best escape while you can, else they turn on you next.  But at least, nobody made you ignore one or have to fight another.  You can choose!

random further screenies as I come across them:

-fJY9.jpg
  Here I enter the Elf Forest mage guild as a Cleric, and see the added dialog beginnings for players that are not yet magic spell casters.

Lg9uT.jpg
  Buying a scroll at the mage guild.  Notice Ice storm shows more than once; these might be dice rolls.  I'll have to check.

Wow, you are one of the most dedicated modders, I must admit - mad amount of work. Looks awesome. The cleric stuff is very interesting, too. Nice job.

Yesterday's photos:

Party count after 2 weeks
mtyFQ.jpg

compare this to party count immediately after character creation:
4Ctbg.jpg

Guspav's 2017 map view with ctrl-t  party view cheat on
-CmaU.jpg

A dialog error so I don't forget it; easy to fix, I just don't have the time/focus.
I prefer to work on one issue at a time so I don't lose my place.
tCDva.jpg

some pictures from tonight's build "127", which is totally incompatible to builds 121-123.

Still working on the labels.  I plan to populate a list of labels as strings and increment through them, I just haven't had time yet.
This shows the items carried and stats in real-time for all companions, even ones recently added by Guspav.  They don't have to be in your party yet.  I suppose for extra credit (someday) I should write what town they are in currently  :smile:
LEINB.jpg

I can then look at a companion (or any entry in the 4 tree viewers) to see this modified troop note:
O4YMY.jpg

And, its not JUST companions.  its any "soldier" or "hero" - Kings/Queens, Lords/Ladies, Companions, all the Bandits, all the Mercs, All the faction troops, all the special clerics, everyone that fights.
A1Mfa.jpg
uFtLb.jpg
83T9G.jpg
oUrvX.jpg

instead of following the kingdom faction recruit through a tree with splits, it looks just to see what upgrades EACH troop has
and so can follow for example female elves instead of just male elves.  in some ways, it doesn't really replace the "old" viewer,
but it adds to it:
uhlbF.jpg

A little less weight or a little more strength and this exotic mercenary would have much better dodging.  The idea is dodging is influenced by the RATIO of [weight carried / strength].  If the weight carried is really low, or the strength really high, then IF that troop was given dodge in the first place, it will do quite well.  Notice except for the absolute highest tier Mages and Elf/Drow, mages aren't seeing dodge turned on EXCEPT for the Mummy Dark mages, who all of them dodge.  Skeletons dodge but not Zombies.  Brigands dodge but not ordinary bandits.  Bandit mages dodge.  Well, you'll see.  I figure, it can color the game a little.  If it ever gets turned on.  Right now the calculations only happen in the tree viewer; I still want to tune the gear and move items more...

4rYcY.jpg

Different factions have different dice rolls for whether their Kingdom ladies can dodge.  Notwo saves will turn out the same for some factions, except Elves and Drow:

VS4UJ.jpg

-F80G.jpg

some new features coming up for build 129(a), but not yet released:

Epidemics working for towns and villages.

Gt8ys.jpg

Epidemics shut down most of the town from a player perspective, but the player can interact with the epidemic a little.
As your party size grows each option pays more cash; there is a third option "treat the epidemic" that opens up only when your party meets pre-requisites
    essentially (right now) your {wound treatment, first aid, surgery} PARTY skills are added together to get a combined value for your "medical skills",
    which influence your success.  [Sometime in a later build, party clerics will slightly enhance your "medical skills" rating.]

Z36Qb.jpg

vkboV.jpg

After the epidemic clears (it will clear by itself given time), the normal town menu returns
  (except for this compile I'm missing taverns, so I'll look at that more next)

1_2BK.jpg

Second town menu layer isn't very interesting, and has Nunu's colorful language (which I'll edit shortly) for when Epidemics are gone
      also I'd like that last not first.  Crafting and guilds came across and probably will work "soon".  Once those test working I'll update
      player character creation options to give extra rigale skills, tools, and guild status.

K5jv-.jpg

40He1.jpg

DMvcw.jpg

---
  a second run through build 129 (b):

Rxulg.jpg

eks26.jpg

eIUki.jpg

142YB.jpg

JQE7x.jpg

zR4rs.jpg

PvshY.jpg

127C5.jpg

unsorted pictures from today's testing.  I'll comment on each of them tomorrow night or Tuesday mid afternoon.

Fatigue shows now, but it isn't used in combat and for the moment does not even affect movement.
However code supporting a movement influence is ported, just not in use.  Instead of thinking fatigue can only be bad, consider the impact of for example a bard's buff for overland travel or fatigue removal as possible (likely) future buffs available for bards, among others.  Bards already gain a small entertainment bonus at character creation.
KV-cs.jpg

Of course, being able to use the next harder category of singing/performing (which pays twice as much on success) means risking twice the penalty for failure. Bards that are greedy could end up like this one, with a very low renown after too many failures in a row.  Pro tip -- you will have more success attempting the simplest performance than higher level (and paying) performances.  This in part is why entertainment is a party skill instead of personal skill for performances (but NOT speeches, which are only personal).
Fodz4.jpg

For crafting guilds, the most important detail is there are TWO kinds of lessons for advancement:  one to increase your "status", which I call "guild politics", and one for learning "skill", which impacts your recipes available and success chance to make something.  Higher than minimum needed skill in a recipe gives a chance at favorable item modifiers on whatever you are making.  Guild status (politics) gives immediate discounts on the one item the guild sells to its members, separate from the town market.  As you gain in status, you get a better discount.  These items vary by guild, but are always raw materials or tools needed for crafting.
XWup-.jpg
0AGhE.jpg

Not every guild is present in each town; castles and villages have NO crafting guilds or workshops for making items.
The faction "capital" had a higher chance of dice rolling a guild than other towns, but it is a fresh roll check each new game.
nVRWx.jpg

Taking guild lessons to gain skills in a guild is simple enough.  You should start by becoming a guild novice (this is the "guild politics" line), and then you can take lessons until you reach guild SKILL of 7.  At that point, more lessons won't help until you increase your guild politics rank to "compagnon" (small bow here to Cernunos, who wrote Rigale and speaks French natively).  Doing this lets you take more advanced lessons (which of course cost more).  As you skill up, more recipes are available to you (in crafting guilds, which are {woodworking, leatherworking,  smithing}), or your success increases greatly (for gathering guilds, which are: {exploring, hunting, fishing, mining, lumberjacking, gardening} .
FFcjV.jpg

Here we see the impact of getting your party medical skills to 10 or better [party skills of (wound treatment + surgery + first aid)]
This party can now "treat" epidemics, removing them early, getting large shifts in a towns approval of your party, and paying the best.
For now, increasing party size while selecting any of the "I will assist with the epidemic" choices pays more, as the payment is for the entire party helping, not just you the player.
WHFxU.jpg

Monday morning (and you might want to read yesterday's freshly re-labelled photos):

Walking through various crafting menus, each at skill level 11, about 3/4 of maximum training possibilities.
The very best recipes aren't seen until you are at the end of training...
  Leatherworker, skill 11, some random menus (there are more categories not shown)
    be aware this guild sells its members finished "leatherwork" but some recipes want hides instead - those are found at the hunting guild.
    Furs are a by-product of hunting also, but in much lower numbers.  You'd have to find a hunting site and have hunting skill to have any chance of getting free furs...
cNs4g.jpg
d8Io-.jpg

Woodworker, skill 11, some sub-menus (there are more categories):
  discounted wood is found at the lumberjacking guild...
4pCxa.jpg
N9x1w.jpg
YPgXT.jpg

Smithing, skill level 11, certainly the most expensive to make anything:
  raw materials for this are found at mining guild at a lower cost than at smithing guild...
R8VLg.jpg
qcyfj.jpg
zutfz.jpg
coEmR.jpg
L335T.jpg

Tuesday 26 Sept 17:

First off, let's revisit Jrider's Faction report:
  (#1) is as before but false bandit title is stripped off on the right column.
  (#2) Strings for the non-native factions were added at the correct place so that new columns could be built for a second instance  (#2)
  (#3) moving down in that second instance we really see the value of this modified report.  I could have used this approach in Perisno or Warsword
Conquest, but I didn't think of it until now.  At least its not just cutting and paste...
  If you look carefully at the times remaining for different faction's treaties, you see the influence of my prejudice code.
  (#4) the menu for these has the faction viewer moved out of reference now that it is cleaned.  See the "next payday" line from Silverstag.
BPX-N.jpg
wbj0f.jpg
CqNbT.jpg
Cbq3Q.jpg

Next, editing the special troop viewers to reveal which troops cast spells {Cleric, Mage, Paladin, Necromancer} besides dodge as "special abilities"
6_tm4.jpg
hNy48.jpg
gFzi5.jpg
4S1B8.jpg
_zfIT.jpg

And this allows discovering some surprises that I just bet were meant to be Easter eggs from Guspav:  (#10 and #12)

Jeremus doesn't really have dodge.  But he CAN cast Cleric spells.  I was a little suspicious when I started seeing sparkles after he joined my party.  If I didn't always blindly hand a crossbow to him, I might have proven it earlier...
rwYRO.jpg

Raesrira isn't a surprise.  It's more of an evidence that Mage is detected properly.
  She'll thus use spells in combat as an NPC, by timer.
FjPRB.jpg

Ah but check THIS out.  This uses BOTH cleric and mage spells, by timer, casting both (they're on different timers).
  This is EXACTLY why I insisted on building viewers so I could probe for odd effects.  In this case, that's not a bug, that's a feature!
JrEWL.jpg
O37NN.jpg

I like to think that's exactly what Guspav had in mind, so that no one thinks he didn't put anything into 2017.  There certainly are still a few
surprises under the hood...

and some older  (last 2 weeks) features:

The feature to look for is Entertainment is a party skill (except for speeches)
C1sP2.jpg

Here notice the experience on reaching a new town/castle/village for the first time.  The exp bonus is more the farther from your starting town.
  Everyone starts game with mapping skill, thus the double exp message, as they are two different checks.
kkKeW.jpg

It's obvious from the discussions, ALL of these pictures apply to the end_of_next_month Moddb update.  Free as in nothing held back, nothing charged.

After that I reserve the right to live my own life, so updates are not guaranteed.  But... it's hard to plan my life more than 30 days in advance.  A month from now things could be looking up.  I doubt everything will be perfect opening day, but I can say they'll be different.

Q:  What do you do when you're tired, drained, and decide you could use a lift?  (And you're the slacker GSanders?)
A:  Decide to go flying...

So, putting on a much prettier face, I make an avatar in build v131 and go flying:
WTGgn.jpg
j9gI5.jpg
zAPE5.jpg
ZMeHT.jpg
ALMIW.jpg
YCP1O.jpg
81kf1.jpg
UBxMQ.jpg

and re-doing the flight in a mp4:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEbWpFcm5QV1VUZVU/view?usp=sharing

I kind of hope it was as good for you as it was for me.
  - GS

Not much to show today, but I DID make something as a smithing master just now:
yLi8p.jpg
  now I have to cross half the map to buy ammo!

Drow Female series, you can have red eyes or normal eyes:
lGftY.jpg
lMVkG.jpg
C1hpo.jpg
uMwtb.jpg

Orc female - there's that eye glitch, but I'll label it "that's not a bug, that's a feature!" and move on with the mod
h3pu8.jpg
JQElH.jpg

Gnome "Female"  (also known as Dwarf female):  [really Gender fluid.  Don't say I never gave you anything :smile:]
GoNW-.jpg
lDsGw.jpg
NIft9.jpg

Human/Elf Females
6vDCG.jpg
widSF.jpg
40Pgu.jpg

Some progress today, minor though it is, with just now released tester build v133:

Guild Masters in any town will offer to tell you where epidemics are happening.
  I probably should have checked first if Rigale Epidemics are even turned on in Phantasy game settings (at Camp menu), but I can do that for v134
mOVTD.jpg
Nl_5l.jpg
fhZSG.jpg

Mordachai's Prisoner Talk
s1qLE.jpg
ZqZ-e.jpg
ud64_.jpg
F3pci.jpg

There are 14 not 10 ransom brokers.
  Some other things got patched as well:
    1. a) Bandit camps spawn correctly, 1 per faction for all 13 factions, and not in a cluster.
        b) all 13 types of bandit camps can be entered correctly and each receives one of the 6 native bandit camp scenes, so some use one, some use another, etc.

2) Female faces are corrected as shown earlier.
    3) Musicians in taverns playing melodies no longer walk on each other's tunes if for example one has a harp and another has a lute.

4) Rigale messages can be toggled off, each feature adjusted (exploration, epidemics, fatigue messages, all of Rigale disabled -- there are switches for those).  Cheat menu toggle and other buttons from Diplomacy and elsewhere are now in a comfortable presentation, showing all the current settings as soon as you toggle something.  When epidemics are disabled the options to treat epidemics, and all menu changes such as locking down menus during epidemics are removed.

5) Character backgrounds edited so the second layer each option gets equivalent buffs or gifts to compensate for "a crafter's apprentice" receiving 1800 gold worth of Rigale skills training and guild memberships.  Also: the quick path may not be the best reward -- every option is balanced, somehow.

6) Rigale temporary harvests are tested working.  It still helps to have skill around 8 to have a reasonable chance of success.  Also fixed fishing.
    7)  Restored missing Orc shoulder pads mesh at resource ep_skins used for v130/131 build

Added Kingdom patrols and scouts to all factions as part of rebalancing lords and ladies.

Unlike previous mods where I used this, I changed the code a bit and got very smooth performance.  Total parties is kept low as well; we see parties count after character creation, about 4 days later, and 2 weeks later to see the count has levelled off.

Puqej.jpg
k7R_e.jpg
THM58.jpg
cJ5S7.jpg
cZkzM.jpg
h8RBc.jpg
GdFNE.jpg
qzc69.jpg
dyTRG.jpg
jQ65h.jpg
kUC2z.jpg
26Lls.jpg
JPx_O.jpg

I ended up with 5 fewer lords, and a fix for a sticky icon problem with Elf castles.
  Still haven't done the trade routes though.  I better stop slacking, its almost day's end...

Today was a fairly light day in terms of visible progress, although it sure felt like I did something.
About the only visible change was this simple display of Rigale skills known, found in page 2 of the camp "actions" menu:
  This was a Male Human Cleric with Impoverished Noble and Page at Court backgrounds.  The backgrounds greatly influence Rigale skills at start.
oGIt5.jpg
DcVqy.jpg
Nzp1Z.jpg
9cxr4.jpg
3GQ82.jpg
  some seem to be duplicates because I had to scroll down to get more of the information off screen in the top image.

Quick addition to today's v135 release:

From reports: reference items: View Lords, 
    if you select the final set (which used to be called "bandits"), a small easter egg:
GpkSL.jpg
O8SXr.jpg
EpuYg.jpg
    You can see your player character in the same viewer tool as used in the other troop viewers,
to get a real time update on how gear changes or abilities changes have influenced the weight encumbrance and dodge calculations,
among other things.

corrected labels on tree viewer to view "Mercs and Misc Troops":
(and be aware you can scroll down in each screen to see 3-4x more than shown here)
JR6x2.jpg
m2azg.jpg
JnM1P.jpg
0aNNc.jpg
    this is every last companion in real time:
_ZtyA.jpg
LPFek.jpg
j_R0T.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom