Total Sound Overhaul (TSO) - NW Modification

Users who are viewing this thread

Xephaeston

Sergeant Knight at Arms
yrxV6Pp.png
56ca75be1b6108ef265b7843fdfbf534a0e149b5.png

The aim of this mod

* * *​

This will be probably the biggest sound project this module has ever known. I was tired of the vanilla sounds as
they never impressed me and sounded really boring in my opinion. The aim for this mod is to make your battle, linebattle, commander battle,
siege or whatever you like to play experience is, much more interesting and immersive. This mod will also use a custom scripted sounds.txt file to
add more files than vanilla so it creates the option to have more variety of sounds in the game.

Features

* * *​

To me sounds in a game are very important. They give your game experience an extra "OOF". The sounds in this mod will cover everything.
From thunder sounds to birds chirping. Every sound will be modified. As said before this sound mod will also use a custom scripted sounds text file.
The reason behind this is that it can add more sounds variations. For example in the Napoleonic Wars folder there are only 10 different sound files
for the muskets. With this scripted sounds.txt file we can even add 10 more. And this with every object or living being that makes a sound in this
game. Every small detail will get edited and reviewed very carefully to get the best out of this mod.

Get Involved!

* * *​

You can get involved with this mod with testing and giving your own opinion about
what sound you think should be changed. You can join this Steam Group if you want to support the mod and help me
finish it. In the steam group you will find a discussion where you can post your thoughts as a comment. If you however
don't wish to do it on the steam page you can either post it here or as a personal message.
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/NWTSOM

Irishman said:
I like that dude, ım using it with my regiment right now. Everyone in my regiment thanks to you :smile:

No problem glad you like it. :smile:

I might update it in the future when I bought a new laptop. Playing with an iMac now I use to do Graphics design with because my old pc is rip.

New version will be out due to me losing my previous sound files. I have backed the new ones up so I can't lose them.

I might need a few people to test it out and give some feedback, so if you are interested for that just add me on steam!

Here is a little preview of its early state

Hello. It has been a while since there has been a new post. Here is the new update about the definitive musket and canon sounds. Enjoy!

Well it's the original file. I guess it isn't that bad.

New update

Thanks to a friend today with helping me to find the error of the module_sounds.py file I have today tested the sounds for the first time with the scripted text file. All things went brilliant. You won't hear the sound tear effect that sometimes happen when a few of the same sounds occur multiple times at the same time because of the more variety of sounds. Pistol has 2 sound files. Rifle has now 4 instead of 1. Musket sound files have now been multiplied by 2 and have 20 sound files now. More files for the pistols will be probably added when the mod is fully ready. I still have to find some good realistic sounds but for now this will do.

Now that these sounds are finally working, I'll be focussing on the melee sounds aswell as all the commands from each faction and the warcries. To have more realistic voices and not the russian "blee" voice in a wierd way.

Back
Top Bottom