What is your favorite kind of medieval helmet?

Users who are viewing this thread

The Black Knight, you mean?
1*6K1CHsC4G4ccSS82E5WftA.jpeg

It's a so-called Great Helm, pretty common during the 13th century I believe.

Kettle hats, especially this kind of one:
2pYAs.jpg
I think it's because I really like the look of brodie helmets that the British used during both WWs, and since the design was inspired from the kettle hat, I've developed quite a feel for it too. It also contributes a lot to why the Rhodoks are my favourite faction in Warband, with their sharpshooters using these and all, I just love it.

Spanish Capacete with Gorjal
Last quarter of the 15th century.
Calatayud.
12-553411-recadre_03.jpg

12-553410-recadre.jpg

11-534453-recadre.jpg

12-551369-recadre.jpg

-----

Comrade, I'm sorry to tell you it's not true what you're saying. It is not from Boabdil, but from Philip I of Castile, "the Beautiful One". You can check it here: https://www.patrimonionacional.es/c...a/celada-de-felipe-i-de-castilla-el-hermoso-0

[...] Because of the orientalizing character of the decoration it was also linked in the nineteenth century without foundation to Boabdil, the last sultan of Muslim Granada.

d-12_dg122322.jpg
i think this sallet for sure is granadan origin it may had belonged to boabdil and was taken as trophy when he was captured by castillans forces or it may had been ordered by philip from a moorish weapons maker

i think this sallet for sure is granadan origin it may had belonged to boabdil and was taken as trophy when he was captured by castillans forces or it may had been ordered by philip from a moorish weapons maker
Nice necro :lol:

Certainly not...
k_zjV.jpg

☝️This small symbol of the Negroli family is hidden under the overlapping ornaments indicating its milanese origin. The association with Boabdil is unfounded.

+info here (#70-71)... but you can swim in oceans of information IF you know where to find reliable sources.

I have never seen this piece before, extremely exotic in my eyes. I would not dare to bet this time, only to point out the beauty of it. Thanks for sharing mate.

Back
Top Bottom