SP Musket Era [WFaS] English Civil War

Users who are viewing this thread

ThegnAnsgar said:
Could you join the clubmen though? What if I don't feel like helping the Roundheads or Chuck, and just want to protect innocent people from having their lives ruined?

If you want a challenge and to champion the oppressed, you could join the smallest faction, the Catholic Confederation, and fight for Irish independence.

As WFaS "bandits" the clubmen can't be joined. However, if you choose not to join a faction and play as a neutral, you can join any battle against clubmen on their side.

PoP has a system where you can befriend various small factions, including the bandits I think. I'm sure its possible to do but the end results might not justify the work.

Hazzardevil said:
Didn't Silverstag and Floris do something similar?

From scanning their topics, I believe you can improve your relationship with bandits by aiding them in battle, but you can't join their faction. This also happens here as a side effect of letting the player choose which side to join in battle.

On Clubmen, I've set their relationship with commoners to 1.0 in module_factions.py so they won't attack bands of farmers on the world map.

Before and after a texture makeover of the WFaS four poster bed.

sNDMC.jpg

I've always admired the animated battle flags in Crusaders Way to Expiation and Hispania 1200, which look like this:

Unfortunately, the CWE flag_veter_animated_items shader used by both isn't OSP and its source mb.fx file has been lost so only compiled code remains. However, Mark7 has kindly given us a copy of his blowing flag and waving materials algorithms (with the original as opposed to the final variables, which were presumably also lost with the mb.fx source file). So, I've edited a dot3  vertex shader and tweaked the blowing flag variables with the following result:

While not as impressive as Mark7's original, it's better than a static flag.

The only downside is that WFaS, unlike Warband, appears to need the compiled FXO files in its root folder as opposed to the mod folder. Clearly, that will complicate the installation process, forcing players to back-up the existing FXO files and manually copy my new ones from the mod folder into their root folder.

Is that a showstopper? If not, I can continue fiddling with the variables to try and improve this shader.

NPC99 said:
I've always admired the animated battle flags in Crusaders Way to Expiation and Hispania 1200, which look like this:

Unfortunately, the CWE flag_veter_animated_items shader used by both isn't OSP and its source mb.fx file has been lost so only compiled code remains. However, Mark7 has kindly given us a copy of his blowing flag and waving materials algorithms (with the original as opposed to the final variables, which were presumably also lost with the mb.fx source file). So, I've edited a dot3  vertex shader and tweaked the blowing flag variables with the following result:

While not as impressive as Mark7's original, it's better than a static flag.

The only downside is that WFaS, unlike Warband, appears to need the compiled FXO files in its root folder as opposed to the mod folder. Clearly, that will complicate the installation process, forcing players to back-up the existing FXO files and manually copy my new ones from the mod folder into their root folder.

Is that a showstopper? If not, I can continue fiddling with the variables to try and improve this shader.

I like it, the only thing that bothers me is how the flag is moving above your HP bar

Not complaining, any way to slow it down? It looks just a pinch too fast.

Given, I've never been to Britain, nor Civil War Britain, so I may not be aware or entirely correct on my assumptions about the average wind speed there.

Khamukkamu said:
Amazing work NPC99!

In truth, I'm just fiddling with Mark7's blowing_flag algorithm and the CWE flag meshes to get something that works for this mod. Larger flags need more polys to limit straight edge distortions on the sine curves. The initial CWE flag had 192 faces, this one needs 768. The previous heavy wind looked ok with a bland Parliamentary flag, but the heavy pattern on King Charles's royal standard jigged up and down disconcertingly, forcing a more sedate approach, which should make David Dire happy.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom