Dev Blog 10/08/17

Users who are viewing this thread

[parsehtml][url=http://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_02_taleworldswebsitelarge.jpg][IMG]http://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_02_taleworldswebsite.png[/IMG][/url] Greetings warriors of Calradia! Today we want to introduce you to the development team that is working hard to make Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord possible. We are proud to have a very diverse and international team, with people from different countries and backgrounds working together every day to develop the game. We came together to take a photo at the TaleWorlds Entertainment office (say cheese!) which we hope you all enjoy. [/parsehtml]Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/20

Need more swords!

Curious balance: 25 artists, 25 coders, only 5 testers. I imagine they will hire a third party company when the game gets to close beta or something.

For the future blogs I expect we will see each department/group routine. Like what tools/software, process, etc does their texture artists work with; and so on. Don't forget to brings lots of teasers for the modders! :grin:

for fun: there are lots of people smiling, a few obvious fake smiles, some looking away from the camera, and some (lots in the right back) mad at something!

I'm glad they shared some stats about their workings - it's nice to give credit to those people who gave us M&B, and it's awesome to hear about the inner workings. 60 people and they have managed to produce all that... it's incredible! Behind the scenes stuff is always awesome, especially for people hoping to go into that industry. Who cares what the complainers say - as long as it doesn't distract too much from the game, I'd love to see more behind the scenes.

AndrewArt said:
Holy jeesus you people are some self-entitled pricks. I'm sorry but this community is so annoying that I made an account just to express my thoughts. I keep seeing those idiots screaming: RELEASE DATE, RELEASE DATE like god damn moronic cavemen on every video related to the game.

That picture felt heartwarming for me, it was nice to see. I agree that we must see more content, that we should see game-related stuff, that it may seem like a stall for some, but for ****s sake I've never seen people so desperate and pathetic, so weak and so stupid. Literally the worst. The kind of people that would kill or hurt or do anything to get what they want as fast as they can get it.

Maybe I'm exaggerating but god, you are so damn annoying I wish there would be a mirror that your 2 neurons would be able to comprehend. Your only arguments are the ****ing same, you ALL only speak the same, say the same things: "Oohh 2012, oooh even if it's 50 years from now give us a release date and we won't be mad". No, you will be, you dumb pricks. You just want a reason to complain more. This is all you know in your pathetic little lives, complain and complain and complain. Do nothing about it. Go cry to God, go cry to developers, cry to your momma. Just cry, keep crying. Why wait? Why be patient? Why do anything productive with your lives when you can complain about something that will inevitably come? Oh yes, answer me: 2012. Oh yes, answer me: we've been waiting for so long. Oh yeah, answer me more: **** you.

I swear, the stupidity in some people.. I really don't know why it surprises me anymore :smile: You are the reason ubisoft and all those **** companies can do what they do. They only release rehashed games, not a single sweat put into them like your ****ing call of dooders. And they do it EVERY ****ING YEAR because it's such an easy way to grab the gaming community's money. Because the gaming community has gone to ****.

No ****ing wonder Frank didn't do a great job at managing the community. Managing what? A bunch of stupid self-entitled assholes? With no empathy, just there to insult the hard-working folk, the people with a vision and a goal, the ones that want to deliver GOODNESS. I really don't care anymore. You guys may be right too, but just the way you express yourselves makes me sick to the stomach. If you were as hideous as your words and attitude, I wouldn't look at myself in a mirror again if I were you. Absolutely disgusting honestly, and you should be ashamed. I will probably never write here again now, I've gotten my catharsis. But this is a message for Callum or any other developer that might read this before it getting probably deleted because it's a little mean what I'm writing, even though it is the truth:  Keep up the good work. I see that you're trying, and I like that. If this game releases this or the next year, I am quite pleased. But seeing this community, probably your best bet would be to give them a little content. I like the start, maybe next week you can go to an individual team that has content to share (like the gameplay department or any other you see fit).. those weekly blogs are nice, but with such a community you won't get very far without tons of hate. They will never be happy until you give them a release date, and even then I BET that if it is not soon enough they will still rage. I think I finally understand why youtubers, and it seems like game developers too, can feel so pressured and stressed.. this sucks so much. But not many can understand. I know many youtubers that stopped doing what they were doing because of all the hate. Honestly, you have my respect for keeping at it.. I'm just afraid that even you will get tired of all this ****storm at some point. But what can I say.. I'm not into public relations. Idk. You decide how you should approach, what you can and should give/show.. Public relations.. now that's a path I will never take in my life. Dealing with a bunch of morons doesn't sound much fun..

Tell the team they're great and to keep working on it. They're doing a great job, and I'm sure this will be a great game. I know I'll be having lots of fun, I know many will. I really do hope you guys have a will of iron, and will not neglect development for these pricks. Just make the best game out there. If you manage to release it in 2018 at least, it will be a massive success and worth it. But yeah, people are becoming quite unstable and unhappy.. Well, I hope it will turn out alright. Have a good day  :party:

Basically this. They make some little bannerblog to help with the wait and people just cry about it. It must be quite discouraging for them.

Nice to see a breakdown of the different roles and stuff, and see the whole team.

@Callum Still, could you answer this please:

kraggrim ?️ said:
@Callum_TaleWorlds, since you are clarifying things for people, can you confirm if these weekly blogs will contain new information on Bannerlord or not?

Don't get me wrong, dev profiles etc are better than silence. I just want to know whether to get my hopes up :smile:.

kraggrim ?️ said:

kraggrim ?️ said:
@Callum_TaleWorlds, since you are clarifying things for people, can you confirm if these weekly blogs will contain new information on Bannerlord or not?

Don't get me wrong, dev profiles etc are better than silence. I just want to know whether to get my hopes up :smile:.

The blogs will contain a variety of different things. Sometimes it might be a Q&A with one of the developers, sometimes it might be a message from us to the community, and sometimes it might be something directly related to the game or a specific feature. I promise you it won't just be a weekly fluff piece where we ask Armagan what his favourite colour is.

AndrewArt said:
Holy jeesus you people are some self-entitled pricks. I'm sorry but this community is so annoying that I made an account just to express my thoughts. I keep seeing those idiots screaming: RELEASE DATE, RELEASE DATE like god damn moronic cavemen on every video related to the game.

That picture felt heartwarming for me, it was nice to see. I agree that we must see more content, that we should see game-related stuff, that it may seem like a stall for some, but for **** sake I've never seen people so desperate and pathetic, so weak and so stupid. Literally the worst. The kind of people that would kill or hurt or do anything to get what they want as fast as they can get it.

Maybe I'm exaggerating but god, you are so damn annoying I wish there would be a mirror that your 2 neurons would be able to comprehend. Your only arguments are the **** same, you ALL only speak the same, say the same things: "Oohh 2012, oooh even if it's 50 years from now give us a release date and we won't be mad". No, you will be, you dumb pricks. You just want a reason to complain more. This is all you know in your pathetic little lives, complain and complain and complain. Do nothing about it. Go cry to God, go cry to developers, cry to your momma. Just cry, keep crying. Why wait? Why be patient? Why do anything productive with your lives when you can complain about something that will inevitably come? Oh yes, answer me: 2012. Oh yes, answer me: we've been waiting for so long. Oh yeah, answer me more: **** you.

I swear, the stupidity in some people.. I really don't know why it surprises me anymore :smile: You are the reason ubisoft and all those **** companies can do what they do. They only release rehashed games, not a single sweat put into them like your **** call of dooders. And they do it EVERY **** YEAR because it's such an easy way to grab the gaming community's money. Because the gaming community has gone to ****.

No **** wonder Frank didn't do a great job at managing the community. Managing what? A bunch of stupid self-entitled assholes? With no empathy, just there to insult the hard-working folk, the people with a vision and a goal, the ones that want to deliver GOODNESS. I really don't care anymore. You guys may be right too, but just the way you express yourselves makes me sick to the stomach. If you were as hideous as your words and attitude, I wouldn't look at myself in a mirror again if I were you. Absolutely disgusting honestly, and you should be ashamed. I will probably never write here again now, I've gotten my catharsis. But this is a message for Callum or any other developer that might read this before it getting probably deleted because it's a little mean what I'm writing, even though it is the truth:  Keep up the good work. I see that you're trying, and I like that. If this game releases this or the next year, I am quite pleased. But seeing this community, probably your best bet would be to give them a little content. I like the start, maybe next week you can go to an individual team that has content to share (like the gameplay department or any other you see fit).. those weekly blogs are nice, but with such a community you won't get very far without tons of hate. They will never be happy until you give them a release date, and even then I BET that if it is not soon enough they will still rage. I think I finally understand why youtubers, and it seems like game developers too, can feel so pressured and stressed.. this sucks so much. But not many can understand. I know many youtubers that stopped doing what they were doing because of all the hate. Honestly, you have my respect for keeping at it.. I'm just afraid that even you will get tired of all this ****storm at some point. But what can I say.. I'm not into public relations. Idk. You decide how you should approach, what you can and should give/show.. Public relations.. now that's a path I will never take in my life. Dealing with a bunch of morons doesn't sound much fun..

Tell the team they're great and to keep working on it. They're doing a great job, and I'm sure this will be a great game. I know I'll be having lots of fun, I know many will. I really do hope you guys have a will of iron, and will not neglect development for these pricks. Just make the best game out there. If you manage to release it in 2018 at least, it will be a massive success and worth it. But yeah, people are becoming quite unstable and unhappy.. Well, I hope it will turn out alright. Have a good day  :party:

Calm down darling, you're hysterical.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
....... I promise you it won't just be a weekly fluff piece where we ask Armagan what his favourite colour is.

please, don't do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV0tCphFMr8

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
kraggrim ?️ said:

kraggrim ?️ said:

The blogs will contain a variety of different things. Sometimes it might be a Q&A with one of the developers, sometimes it might be a message from us to the community, and sometimes it might be something directly related to the game or a specific feature. I promise you it won't just be a weekly fluff piece where we ask Armagan what his favourite colour is.
So uh, what is Armagans favorite color? :razz:

Also, who's the dev from Mongolia, never heard any game developers coming from there.

I do happen to care about the team behind the game, it's nice to see they do exist.

Every time you cover a department, get an interview from each member and ask one or two things that stood out for them about developing the game and include their mugshot.

That way we the players might get a little nugget or two of 'new' info about the game.

Or just do what you want.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
kraggrim ?️ said:

kraggrim ?️ said:

Okay but now that you brought it up.. What is his favourite colour?

taran777 said:
Hey no offense guys but we I don't care about the team, we want to know more about the game :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fixed that for ya bud.

I understand why some people wouldn't care about this, but then just don't read it. You don't have to get mad about it (Not talking to you taran). I really liked this blog, it's nice to learn of the faces behind the game. Thanks for your hard work and new dedication towards a more active PR.

60 people is nothing to scoff at, what will they be working on once the game is released? I assume many will be fixing bugs and bringing updates, but the rest will have to work on something, perhaps expansions?

It's actually really sad for me that CaptainLust isn't here anymore :ohdear:
Even if he left off Taleworlds - I think he should be there with the rest of the company one last time.

Feetandaxe said:
Again, what the ****, nobody wants to see the god damn employees.

Feetandaxe said:
i am not wrong when i say the community does want footage of the game and not info about the company.

Want to know how to express your disappointment like a decent human being, without the aggressive BS? This is how:

SirNerdyBrit said:
erm, nice pic but we were kinda hoping for info about the game. You asked us for questions but failed to answer any. A disappointing start. Still, better than the silence of before, so thanks for that. Apart from chainmail dude (well done, loving it) this weeks blog was a let down. There were so many questions on the other comment section that you could have addressed. Next week I hope to see new game content.

Edit: original post wasn't as nicely put, don't take it personally, was simply disappointed after hyping myself all week for new game content. I still love you guys, but we are starving for anything new.  :cry:

With genuine expression, instead of nerd-rage. Don't be that guy. Nerd-rage will get you Warned or worse.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
I promise you it won't just be a weekly fluff piece where we ask Armagan what his favourite colour is.

We already know that his favourite colour is black. Black, like his heart. And his Jolly-Roger pirate flag. Don't pretend he doesn't have one.

taran777 said:
Hey no offense guys but we don't care about the team

Plumping for a "Boss of the Community" custom title? You may not care about the team, but I remember when the team was just two people, and one of them had very questionable taste in shorts. It's nice to see there are actual human beings working on Bannerlord. Callum said Serious Content will follow, and that will include Q&As with Devs. You know, those people you don't care about? It must warm their hearts to hear how well-received their Q&A sessions are about to received.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:

Thanks Callum!

Back
Top Bottom