Would you like an option for unlimited/large amounts of corpses to be displayed on the battlefield?

• Yes

Votes: 107 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 26 19.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

MadVader said:
Just no dead horses, please.

people have different sensibilities. See the reaction for the latest episode of GOT

burn 100 people alive = cool!!!

cut off the leg of one horse = how dare you!

I got to tell you, I really avoid games that don't have serious graphics.  I've heard about certain games but if it looks childish I'd avoid it.  Anyway, can't be worse than Diablo 3 with all those zombie half torsos crawling around.

Think of all the publicity you'd get. 

I fully agree, I was fighting a 1.5k vs 1.4k battle earlier with lots of battle continuation to simulate a large long drawn out part of the battle, and I'm pretty sure approx 800 ppl died in the first 'round' but from the corpse count it really didn't look like much of a battle...

I 100% agree that corpse count should have a changeable amount to unlimited. Would be really awesome.

Strongly agreeeeeeeeeeed
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1

Plz TW make this happen !

Apart from this bloodbaths would also be cool.
You know if a clash between two groups happen in a small hole on the ground, some blood may pile up in the bottom.

Or if too many men die in a river the river colour can go red.

Some interactions with bodies would also be welcomed.
At least rivers dragging the bodies that fell to it would be cool.

Dismemberment would only be welcomed by me as long as it is only for head and when the helmet does not protect the neck.
Also dont forget that because of the arter the blood coming out of the neck would be like a fountain so a small blood pile should accure arround the body.
Other ways of dismemberments are not historical and logical.
I mean historical is not that important but it wouldnt be logical as well.

For the horse dismemberments I dont think TW can pull that out after this point but they should get rid of the mechanic that allows berserkers to kill the horse and the guy on it with one swing. It is so fckin impossible ! I mean what would be the point of a lightsaber if such thing was possible for a medieval sword ?

Wow this thread cracked me up, actually lol'd. The widows comment made me lose it

Count Delinard said:
Absolutely agree.. At least having the option will mean a lot, people can lower it if needed.
Yeah these are great screen shots, something simple as this can make such a huge immersion impact. Surely they'll add this feature, hopefully they're not that blind to the community, plus it being in warband

Exitialis said:
Although I love all those features you and your friends sarcastically proposed, Taleworlds surely want to be able to sell the game to a large audience, so gore will be limited.

There is a difference between malicious carnage adoration and requesting that bodies simply stay until the end of the battle. Games where "the bad" simply fade out feel far too arcadey to a lot of people, which is off-putting to them. There is power in the details. Games that don't try to hide the ugly often receive a lot of praise, just look at Fallout 4.
John.M said:
Ra'Jiska said:
I'd even go further and say that it would be great if we could have interactions with corpses (like being able to hit them, having them to move upon hit, etc...).

Not to mention it would be quite brutal to have someone die in a shieldwall and have his body propped up by the tight quarters and be continually hacked at.

Another feature that could be added to this; a character who is knocked out can then be killed if a "finishing move" is preformed on the dead body.

Edit: Although now that I think about it, ragdolls will probably be handled on the client side, like I believe it was done in Warband.

This honestly would make the game one of the most immersive I can think of, it makes such a big impact. The ugly side of it all. With some siege suggestions from some other threads (citizens running about/hiding, some possibly helping defenders, chaos, burning buildings) but now with all these suggestions I'm rehyped, I'd really like to see wounded men on the field afterwards, like you said possible finishing moves. That would just be too great, along with still interactive ragdolls as ra'j said. Also more peasant killing

PTWarrior said:
Unlimited corpses and unlimited time to decide when to leave the finished battle so you can walk paciently and gloriously through all those bodies - that would be heavenly.

And this has GOT to be in, no automatic tabbing you out as you wander around getting those juicy screenshots, executing wounded men, hitting dead bodies. Damn I need this game guys. Its getting so hard  :cry:

As the lovers of the Warhammer say:
"BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!"
"SKULL THRONE OF SKULLS!"

So, that I ask more corpses, without this the battlefield looks not so epic and on the present.

I'm all for unlimited corpses, as has been said, if they can be rendered running around with AI, they can be rendered lying motionless. I like a battlefield to look like a battlefield.

Having said that I've been playing the latest update of kenshi recently, in that characters with damaged or dismembered legs now crawl, sometimes leaving a trail of blood. Not necessarily asking for that but it did make me think it would be nice if wounded but still living soldiers could perhaps roll around or sit clutching their wounds etc... rather than always just falling unconscious. Not essential, but nice to have.

AJIexander said:
  As the lovers of the Warhammer say:
"BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!"
"SKULL THRONE OF SKULLS!"

So, that I ask more corpses, without this the battlefield looks not so epic and on the present.

Blood for the blood god!

I think that's how it goes.

Count Delinard said:
Some old pics from good times, back in the day before they removed this option for Warband

UpPcrdG.jpg

kc5mP6c.jpg

aZVKqN0.jpg

vJP7QUH.jpg

A3p4Sdu.jpg

7SqtlPL.jpg

GkRiIFG.jpg

1zYYuHn.jpg

NNlnsDN.jpg

1RiQUEm.jpg
I believe it gives much more flavor and meaning to the battles after they finish, battlefields tell a story after the killing is done and you prowl around
How I miss those days...
Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:
[...]
They might as well add the option in for people that can handle it. Adding a large number option and putting "will heavily damage performance/stability" or something would be fine, people would then understand what they were getting into. Restricting the option entirely is a silly idea.
Simple and effective, totally agree.

Im not 100% sure on this, but if you look at the siege defense gameplay in the wooden fort, I dont think any corpses disappeared. Now this could also just mean that the limit was set above how many people died/passed out, but this adds up to ~400, so even if its not unlimited, the number is quite large. This was back in mid-August 2016 mind you.

vicwiz007 said:
Im not 100% sure on this, but if you look at the siege defense gameplay in the wooden fort, I dont think any corpses disappeared. Now this could also just mean that the limit was set above how many people died/passed out, but this adds up to ~400, so even if its not unlimited, the number is quite large. This was back in mid-August 2016 mind you.
At around 3:30 you can see piles of weapons and shields as well as blood stains but no corpses.

Protector of The Fields said:
vicwiz007 said:
At around 3:30 you can see piles of weapons and shields as well as blood stains but no corpses.

Funny, i was actually going to mention this but i was not sure what to make of it. Im not sure why this happens. Being later in development, I'd think they could handle more corpses rather than less, but my best guess would be because of all the sand particles and horses flying around, the performance mightve been taking a hit.

There are also ~520 dead/KO'd guys in the sandy battle rather than the siege's ~400. Either way i think its safe to say you can push it past Warband's limit.

Is there a way to implement this in Warband Native? That would be insane. I have a strong enough pc to handle it so no problem for that. I do have the WSE for mods but if I port it into native would it work to edit the ini file?

MithrellaS said:
Is there a way to implement this in Warband Native? That would be insane. I have a strong enough pc to handle it so no problem for that. I do have the WSE for mods but if I port it into native would it work to edit the ini file?

There's a max corpses line in the WSE ini file, I think it's commented out by default, just delete the ; in front of it and change the number to what you want

Back
Top Bottom