Would you like an option for unlimited/large amounts of corpses to be displayed on the battlefield?

• Yes

Votes: 107 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 26 19.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucius Confucius

LeastBlunted
Sergeant
Hello!

Viewed the E3 videos, and they are great! But I noticed that bodies disappeared rather quickly, so in order to keep players immersed, could you please allow those of us with powerful machines an option for unlimited or very large number of dead bodies to be displayed on the battlefield?

With kind regards,
Long-time fan Exitialis, more recent gaming name Lucius Confucius.

Thank you for your attention.

EDIT:
Callum's response in the second thread:
It could potentially be added but we haven't made a final decision on it just yet.

Also added a poll on 2020-02-26.

2020-03-25 Edit:
It seems like our request has been heard, they added the option for unlimited corpses. Praise Taleworlds! Thank you so much!
Thanking Thread:

2021-03-07 Edit:
The option for unlimited corpses is there, but it is not truly unlimited. Will we be able to mod it? If TW does not add true unlimited corpses?
2021-09-25 Edit:
Here is the link for the modding thread regarding corpses:

Last edited:
Some old pics from good times, back in the day before they removed this option for Warband

UpPcrdG.jpg

kc5mP6c.jpg

aZVKqN0.jpg

vJP7QUH.jpg

A3p4Sdu.jpg

7SqtlPL.jpg

GkRiIFG.jpg

1zYYuHn.jpg

NNlnsDN.jpg

1RiQUEm.jpg

I believe it gives much more flavor and meaning to the battles after they finish, battlefields tell a story after the killing is done and you prowl around

Count Delinard said:
I believe it gives much more flavor and meaning to the battles after they finish, battlefields tell a story after the killing is done and you prowl around
Exactly right, it adds that bit of flavor and personal story-telling. After a long skirmish you can fall back for a moment and look at that ridge you held, and visually count how many men you lost there before you had to retreat to the choke-point where you finally won.

It adds a personal touch.

"Unlimited bodies" wasn't actually unlimited, it was still capped to a few hundred.

If you actually wanted proper unlimited bodies then Warband Script Extender allowed for it. When 1000+ bodies were on the map the framerate became almost unplayable.

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu ? said:
If you actually wanted proper unlimited bodies then Warband Script Extender allowed for it. When 1000+ bodies were on the map the framerate became almost unplayable.
Indeed, I was the one who asked cmpxchg8b to bring that into his Script Extender :smile:

I usually put my count at 500 bodies and suffered no problems. With upgraded computers and an optimized game engine we can perhaps go further, that is why a player selected option would be great. But yes, unlimited is maybe the wrong term, but so high that those with powerful machines would never really meet the limit.

Nice! Thank you for asking him, changing the body count is such a cool thing. <333

They might as well add the option in for people that can handle it. Adding a large number option and putting "will heavily damage performance/stability" or something would be fine, people would then understand what they were getting into. Restricting the option entirely is a silly idea.

John.M said:
At the very least every body from a battle where there are no waves should be included. If they can be included while being animated/fighting they can certainly be a dead body.

This is what surprised me. It seemed like they were trying to avoid the reinforcement waves mechanic from previous games...but still had bodies disappearing. Puzzling.

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu ? said:
Restricting the option entirely is a silly idea.

Which is exactly what happened after a certain update to Warband

I agree, however, the name said "unlimited" but indeed it was never more than a few hundred.. Still you could see battlefields like the ones I uploaded there (before they removed this option) which were quite enough!

Exitialis said:
Indeed, I was the one who asked cmpxchg8b to bring that into his Script Extender :smile:
You saved much of what I loved about the game when you did this back in the day :')

John.M said:
At the very least every body from a battle where there are no waves should be included. If they can be included while being animated/fighting they can certainly be a dead body.
completely right

kraggrim ?️ said:

Gore DLC (like Total War games like to use)

1) Unlimited corpses
2) Decapitation
3) Extra blood
4) Dismemberment for hands and legs

On a more serious note, they probably didn't want to focus on gore for general trailers. A more clean/arcade combate.

I also want a option to control this, even if by a variable in the module.ini (whatever it will be called).

kalarhan said:
kraggrim ?️ said:

Gore DLC (like Total War games like to use)

1) Unlimited corpses
2) Decapitation
3) Extra blood
4) Dismemberment for hands and legs

On a more serious note, they probably didn't want to focus on gore for general trailers. A more clean/arcade combate.

I also want a option to control this, even if by a variable in the module.ini (whatever it will be called).
like xD
0424243FC0BF9FA118C00B2028394A26207AFA6C

While I don't think that my computer would survive it, I'm know that lots of corpses gives lots of immersion into the game. So I'm all for it being included.

I do strongly agree with it.

Having a lot of corpses adds a lot to the immersion.
I'd even go further and say that it would be great if we could have interactions with corpses (like being able to hit them, having them to move upon hit, etc...).

I'm sure our fellow necrophiles would love these features  :fruity:

Count Delinard said:
Some old pics from good times, back in the day before they removed this option for Warband

UpPcrdG.jpg

kc5mP6c.jpg

aZVKqN0.jpg

vJP7QUH.jpg

A3p4Sdu.jpg

7SqtlPL.jpg

GkRiIFG.jpg

1zYYuHn.jpg

NNlnsDN.jpg

1RiQUEm.jpg

I must admit this looks -much- better than I thought. I want this!

it was one of the things that made me love the game. I remember it on M&B (not warband) in the first battle between ragnar and the vegair king. it was glorious

Back
Top Bottom