[EC5] Congratulations & Thank Yous

Users who are viewing this thread

Scar

Prussian Immortal
Marquis
2NlX5B2.png

1st_AEgold.png

First up, congratulations to our champions, Apis Europae Gold. Not many had you down as their favourites at the start, but you overcame all obstacles and put in the performances when it mattered. The combination of experience and talent that drove you to an unexpected upset over KROWA and a deserved victory over Frontline Tactics, are, in my insignificant opinion, the key factors for your success, making you our deserved winners!

2nd_Frontline.png

Next up, congratulations and commiserations to Frontline Tactics. Coming second is never easy, and even though you might not feel like champions so soon after the finals, you have all reason to be proud of your run this tournament! Taking down heavy favourites Apis Europae Black and reaching the finals speaks for itself. We hope to see back even stronger next time!

3rd_Requiem.png

Congratulations also to our third place, Requiem. Despite the internal issues and roster changes after the groupstage, you guys pulled it back and gave Frontline Tactics a good run for their money. Congratulations on your performance throughout this tournament, I hope to see you back for the next one!

As always with these threads, allow me to mention a few individuals that have made this tournament possible. Although it is the official Thank Yous thread, you can also just see this as a genuine thank you from an ordinary community member as I wasn't personally involved much in the tournament itself.

First up, our three administrators: Aeronwen, the work you have put in for the scene, not just in this tournament, but in these last few years, is hard to grasp and even harder to put in words. You deserve all the praise and thanks in the world for keeping the scene alive as you host tournaments, commentate on streams and publish interviews. I hope you stick around for more!

There is not much that hasn't been said about Deacon yet. Captain Lust described him as probably the most prolific tournament administration in the history of the game, being on the forefront of yet again a new tournament format just underlines this statement. Your vision and grasp on what's best for the scene is unparalled, and the day you retire from hosting tournaments will be a dark day for the community.

Erminas, you were the engine of the tournament. You had the hardest job and get way too little praise for the contributions you have made to the scene ever since you've joined it. I know from my own experience how much dedication it takes to fulfill the daily tasks and duties, and I can only envy your dedication, seeing as you keep fulfilling them day in and day out.

Thank you to our referee's who have put in hours upon hours making sure our matches are played out as smoothly as possible and assisted our streamers. Thank you to Archaner, Belendor, Horace, Kragen, Krex, Nevino, Raven and Prusaß. A special thank you belongs to Rome, who not only took care of most matches when asked, but also worked independantly, always with the goal of his position in mind, and took on matches by himself without needing further coordination from the admins.

I'd like to thank our streamers Aeronwen, Dume, Greed, Nexoner, Purzelblume and Smiley as well as their co-casters Charlini, Ciiges, ChatNoir, Erminas, LeRoux, M, Raven, Rodriguez, Varangian, Victor and SerenaT. Your livestreams and recordings added so much more depth and personality to the tournament, I hope to see you around for the next one!

Next up I'd like to thank our kind server sponsors SimRai and Jest Servers. It has been said numerous times before - without your extremely generous donations, tournaments like the European Championship Fives wouldn't be possible. You keep this community and its tournaments alive and receive way less credit than you actually deserve in my opinion.

Thank you also to our server donors Arni, Cheshire Cats Clan, Defenders of Faith and Sabo. Your donations provided the players with a lot more options to chose from, ensuring matches are played out in circumstances as fair as possible. Thank you!

Thank you to Azan and Oliveran for their work on their respective admin mods that we used throughout the tournament. You both put in a lot of thought and effort into designing a more effective, easier to handle modification, and we are looking forward to see what you have come up with for the next tournament!

A big thank you to ChatNoir for her stunning medals and the tournament logo. It is a blessing our community has so many talented graphic artists like you, I hope we get to see much more of your work in the tournaments and events to come!

And last but certainly not least, thank you to Captain Lust and TaleWorlds for their help and cooperation. Your servers as well as your constant help to the competitive scene yet again allowed the administration to provide a higher quality tournament, thank you!

On a personal level thanks to Deacon & Aeronwen for asking me to run tournament with them. Big thanks to Scar, who joined us late, but gave us all great morale boost and stability when we needed it the most!
Also thanks to lovely Chat for making amazing logo and rewards (medals & predictor award)!

Congrats to the medal winners!

Thanks to everyone who participated in making this tourny run so smoothly. It was a blast to watch and to play in. Congratz to AE gold, my boys from FT and last but not least Reqiuem.

Deacon Barry said:
Thanks everyone and gg. Would definitely this tournament in the future  :smile:

New game? fill in the missing verb!

♥.·:*:·.♥​

Thanks to Deacon for asking me to help out with this tourney, to Erminas for agreeing to join the admin team and being as competent as usual as well as running the predictor game and to Scar for stepping into the breach when I went off for a well earned holiday after a really busy start to the year.

Everyone who gives up their time to stream, make graphics, ref and otherwise help out with the tourneys as mentioned above are all appreciated. I realise the difficulties of 2 matches a week and teh associated uncertainty about when matches would be played made it all the more difficult. I want to mention rome for going above and beyond the call of duty this tourney and Purzel for her stunning entry into streaming.

While I appreciate most teams want to play their best line up every match, it seems this is making it impossible to schedule matches and we need to change the way this is done. Respect to iDevils for playing a match at a suboptimum time for them even after the rules gave them the default.

In the end we had a huge number of donated servers, which gave a welcome flexibility for teams. It is great that even now we have so many helpful server donators. Thanks particularly to Jest who has to ensure donated servers do not impinge on paid for  servers and to SimRai whose regularly available tournament servers are a huge boost to the scene.

♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥​

Back
Top Bottom