Britain 1297 [Original thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could use a couple of testers who can dedicate a bit of time to hunting down bugs before the mod's released. The mod's not finished yet but I want to make sure there's enough people ready to test it when the time comes. If you're interested then reply to this post or pm me.

Damn, you caught me at the wrong time, Im over my head in work, but I would have loved to lend a hand in fishing out some bugs for this mod...

Dindi said:
You have a very nice looking mod here, do you require help with anything?

Testing, not immediately but when the mods finished which shouldn't be too long. Other than that, scene editing is the only thing not covered right now, it's not massively important as Native scenes are good enough but a few new ones would be good if you're able to and want to :p .

Some screens of me and my Highland army fighting the Welsh and Irish :-

mb32-1.jpg

mb31.jpg

mb20.jpg

mb18.jpg

mb14.jpg

Can't get enough of having a massive army of Highlanders with the battlesizer on 260 :razz:

Don Doggy said:
are you using DirectX9 Peter? Do the non-native weapons look righton DX7?

Yeah I am, I'll quickly test them using DX7 now, never thought about it.

EDIT: They looks quite a bit worse but so do the native weapons when I switch to DX7.

it's not massively important as Native scenes are good enough but a few new ones would be good if you're able to and want to :p .

I've done a few scenes before but i'm not too great, but if you tell me the scenes you want i'll give em a shot.

-Peter- said:
Don Doggy said:

EDIT: They looks quite a bit worse but so do the native weapons when I switch to DX7.
They are clearly visible in inventory screen and when equipped or are they just black sticks?

Nice looking mod. I can't wait to play as a highland warrior in 1.011.

But since you're not going to make a historically accurate mod, are you going to add whiskey as a consumable item into the mod? I know, records show that first signs of whiskey distillation in Ireland / Scotland are from 1400 - 1500. But it would make a nice addition, that could give you insane morale boost for your troops (at least I get into very good mood when I get a glass of fine Scottish whiskey :smile: ) but it would have high price too and the amount of whiskey in one barrel could be something like 20 (?).

HateBreed said:

But since you're not going to make a historically accurate mod, are you going to add whiskey as a consumable item into the mod? I know, records show that first signs of whiskey distillation in Ireland / Scotland are from 1400 - 1500. But it would make a nice addition, that could give you insane morale boost for your troops (at least I get into very good mood when I get a glass of fine Scottish whiskey :smile: ) but it would have high price too and the amount of whiskey in one barrel could be something like 20 (?).

Haha, that'd actually be a nice addition. Small and easy change but it'd be pretty fun to see, might as well put it in. The morale boosts are already gonna be increased anyway as the armies in general should be bigger.

WarlordG said:
version???

It will be for 1.011.

Don Doggy said:
-Peter- said:
Don Doggy said:

They are clearly visible in inventory screen and when equipped or are they just black sticks?

Pretty much.

HateBreed said:

References to distilled liquors go back further. Whiskey production began anywhere between 600 - 1200, as Irish monks brought distillation methods back from the holy land. That was in the early part of that (around 600-700), but actual whiskey production probably more to the latter end of that (1100s maybe).

Also, to be pedantic, Scotch whisky is spelled without the e, same with Japanese whisky (which is itself an imitation of Scotch whisky). E is used in Irish and American whiskeys though.

-Peter- said:
Don Doggy said:
-Peter- said:
Don Doggy said:

Pretty much.

Mmkay? They are clearly visble and are just black sticks?

Na sorry, I meant they're pretty much just black sticks using DX7.

The initial version of the mod should be finished by tomorrow for anyone who's interested.

attackrat said:
Hrm. I have to say, that doesn't sound encouraging for those of us with older computers.
Sounds like a personal problem.

Most gpu's use DX9 anyways.. If you are still on DX7.. you should REALLY upgrade lol.

therealpete said:
attackrat said:
Hrm. I have to say, that doesn't sound encouraging for those of us with older computers.

Most gpu's use DX9 anyways.. If you are still on DX7.. you should REALLY upgrade lol.
Golly gee whillikers, y'think? While I appreciate the sentiment, upgrades cost money, and some of us are a bit too old to go mooching off Mom and Dad.

attackrat said:
therealpete said:
attackrat said:

Golly gee whillikers, y'think? While I appreciate the sentiment, upgrades cost money, and some of us are a bit too old to go mooching off Mom and Dad.

I'm going to second that...I'm using the oldest ATI 3-D card out. Radeon X600 256mb HyperMemory

DX9 worked perfect for me until i upgraded from .955 to .960 then it lagged like a mother-lagger! But I've also got a couple of viruses I can't get out so thats really ****ty for performance as well... :sad: anyone know of some kick-ass Anti-Virus I haven't tried?

-Zanyr

Hey, -Peter-, I've just got to say, your mod is looking great. Simple, short, and fun. Your screenshots look ..smooth..,you must have a nice graphics card. Anyway, its looking great, and I'm sure it'll be blast to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom