[EC5] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FT3 is superior. The fourth round on BO4 if the set has been one sided is often incredibly hard to win for the losing team and the 3rd and 4th rounds are both played from a position of psychological weakness as teams often can only draw or lose there. Rounds in FT3 always give you a path to win the entire set.

I have no idea why Lust reintroduced this, just bizarre and would urge the tournament admins to go back to FT3.

Lord Rich said:
FT3 is superior. The fourth round on BO4 if the set has been one sided is often incredibly hard to win for the losing team and the 3rd and 4th rounds are both played from a position of psychological weakness as teams often can only draw or lose there. Rounds in FT3 always give you a path to win the entire set.

I have no idea why Lust reintroduced this, just bizarre and would urge the tournament admins to go back to FT3.
My earlier statement aside, think azan's right here

Lord Rich said:

As Azan said, I am pretty sure that FT3 is the best option.

Lord Rich said:

Agreed.

The picture of Groupstage round 2 Mountain fortress is wrong just letting you know so there is no misunderstandings.

39f29332ce3bc3b5d16635ce0f8357e7.png

FT3 should be used but it looks like the admins already took their decisions anyways.  :roll:

I've one question, sorry if it sounds stupid but its more like a need of a clarification rather than anything else.

According to § 13 Rule (1)

(1) Each match consists of best of 3 maps. Each map consists of 2 sets and each set consists of 4 rounds, after the first set on each map the teams will swap spawns and factions. Each map will be won by the team that gains the most rounds.

Considering the rule on the tie breaker § 15 consider a match can only end in a tie after regular time, what happens if a tie happens on a map as the Bo4 (but also Ft3) format allow it?

Are the following situations (exemples) correct?

AE vs RNGD : 1st Map is a tie (4-4) 2nd Map is a tie (4-4) 3rd Map is a tie (4-4) -> Tie Breaker is played on Winterburg.
AE vs RNGD : 1st Map is a tie (4-4) 2nd Map is a tie (4-4) 3rd Map goes AE way (5-3) -> AE wins
AE vs RNGD : 1st Map is a tie (4-4) 2nd Map goes RNGD way (6-2) 3rd Map goes AE way (6-0) -> Tie Breaker is played on Winterburg.

I know it might be kinda obvious for many of you but the only Bo3 maps format I've watched on CSGO works completly differently. Basically if one of the maps end-up being a tie (15-15) both teams play an overtime (tie-breaker) on the same map until one takes the edge.

Here I case it works differently and tie-breaker only happen if all maps results in ties or if one map was a tie and both teams won one each?

Nevino said:
So if a team ties a map and then loses a map, is a 3rd map still played? Or the team that won the 1 map wins?

Considering its a best of 3 maps, I'd say they have a potential to claim the 3rd map and push it to a tie-breaker so a 3rd map should be played to find out. I don't know what the admins think about it, I hope one will be able to clarify it as soon as possible so its clear for everyone! :smile:

It is a 3 map system so the 3rp map is theoretically always played. If a team has already lost before the 3rd map we don't insist on it and there is no penalty for not playing the extra rounds.  when the match is a tie we go to Winterburg because of the symmetricality and it allows for a fair ending, which playing the same tied map obviously wouldn't.

In regard to the Predictor game Erminas is hosting (and the previous posts in this thread):

What would be done about the following situation:

AE wins first map 8:0,
RNGD wins second map 5:3 (so it's 1:1 in maps, third map will be played),
RNGD wins third map 5:3.

-----> It's 2:1 in maps for RNGD (they are the winner), but 14:10 in rounds for AE (they are the winner)
-----> Who will go through to the next round?

My opinion: I'd say the team winning more rounds should go through. If you have close results on the first 2 maps (both won by the same team), the other team would still have the chance to make a correction on the 3rd map. For those saying a 3rd map would be too much: If you're in a really intense match (like I've been on Sunday with VK vs TBF) the time is just passing by and you just enjoy playing that 3rd map  :grin:

It's better format for 5vs5 tournaments, if you lose first map 0-8, you still have a chance to win this match. You saw in BoB semi final match between AE and Castellans and if they played normal format (who wins more rounds win) emotions would end after 2nd map when Castellans lost 6(8 )-0 to AE. Score was 11-4 for AE so Castellans should win 8-0 last spawn if they want to be in grand final. It's really clear for everyone, if you win first 2 maps you win the match. It's like volleyball - you can lose your match 25-12 24-26 23-25 25-27 cuz you were weaker than opponents in match,.

I don't think that 3 map is 'too much' but I disagree with the idea of having a 'Best of 3 Maps' system and still have round has the final scoring system. If you win 6-0 on one map and lose the two remaining maps then if anything it proves you were decisive and dominating on one map but uncapable of closing it out in the end on the remaining ones.

Its done this way on CS and I believe on LoL and Dota aswell except that they don't have round but kills/slains as far as I know.

Edit : Basically what Prusak said.

How would you win a map if not by rounds?

GrafBlade said:
In regard to the Predictor game Erminas is hosting (and the previous posts in this thread):

What would be done about the following situation:

AE wins first map 8:0,
RNGD wins second map 5:3 (so it's 1:1 in maps, third map will be played),
RNGD wins third map 5:3.

-----> It's 2:1 in maps for RNGD (they are the winner), but 14:10 in rounds for AE (they are the winner)
-----> Who will go through to the next round?

My opinion: I'd say the team winning more rounds should go through. If you have close results on the first 2 maps (both won by the same team), the other team would still have the chance to make a correction on the 3rd map. For those saying a 3rd map would be too much: If you're in a really intense match (like I've been on Sunday with VK vs TBF) the time is just passing by and you just enjoy playing that 3rd map  :grin:

The rules are quite clear that the match is won as bo3 maps so in your scenario RNGD win.  (If teh 3rd map was 4-4 the teams would them go to Winterburg)

Whether or not this is the best system is one of the reasons for having the tourney. Let's see how is plays out, look at all the scores and see what we think when the tourney is done.

I was hoping that as a result of the BoB tourney players would be sending in videos of them punching their palms but alas we haven't had any yet :sad:

How would you win a map if not by rounds?

Not sure who you're adressing to but in my post I was refereeing at round scoring system being used to define the winner of the whole match (what GrafBlade suggested) which I was against. Obviously you can only win a map by scoring the most rounds, that's the most logical thing to have. If your comment wasn't directly adressed to me then apologizes, just ignore it.

In any case thanks for clarifying, I do believe you guys took the right decision for BoB and its good you continuing on the same path for this tournament. As you said, we'll see how good it was once the tournament is over anyways.

Hey, last night we found out that we can only change players during map and Deacon told us its because they wanted a similar tournament like BoB(LAN). But as he can see last night during our training match two of our guys lost connection. So i couldnt see in the rules please inform me, is it possible to add players if someone lost connection? You want this tournament happen like BoB but we are actually playing Online so what is your solution?

Menethil said:
Hey, last night we found out that we can only change players during map and Deacon told us its because they wanted a similar tournament like BoB(LAN). But as he can see last night during our training match two of our guys lost connection. So i couldnt see in the rules please inform me, is it possible to add players if someone lost connection? You want this tournament happen like BoB but we are actually playing Online so what is your solution?

Yeah good point and one that has been brought up by refs too

Aeronwen said:
§ 14 Substitutions

Substitutions are allowed only between maps.

§ 13 Match Format
(3) Each team must field 5 players. Teams with less than 5 players forfeit the match. Allowances will be made for disconnects up to one player. A team is not allowed to go under 4 players at any given point. If a team goes under 4 players they have to forfeit any remaining rounds which will be added in favour of their opponent to the final score.

During each map only 5 players may start the map and no other player can be subbed in. If a player disconnects that player is allowed to rejoin (as many times as it takes) if 2 players from one team are dc'd so teh team is under 4 players then they forfeit all remaining rounds)

I agree it is harsh, and also given that we run on donated servers the ideal server for some teams may not be available. But that is how the rules stands atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom