Final version improvement checklist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe we can finally get a new faction mixed between nords, khergits, and rhodoks?

Make them all heavy armor, axes, spears, and crossbows, and make them a non-joinable kingdom that can actually raid castles, never make alliances, always at war with all groups, and generally stirs up trouble on all sides?

How about some sort of logic to what castles and towns are besieged by NPC lords?  I am getting tired of my faction conquering castles on the other side of the  map sandwiched between 2 factions with which we are at war.  Bah.

Perhaps offer the player and NPCs an incentive for besieging castles far away that does not involve capturing them.  Age of Pirates:  Caribbean Tales gave you three options when conquering a town:  pillaging, razing, or capturing.  The difference between pillaging and razing is that razing rewarded you with more spoils but also a decrease in reputation (honor in M&B too?) and a decrease in the wealth of the town.

If you win a tournament before going to that town's arena, the arena master should not treat you as a newcomer, but act as if you had already visited.

Threshold needs to be increased with level and HP

Check out this post for my suggestion on it

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,36318.0.html

The items you can loot after battle should be sorted by price.

Also, a take all button would be nice. Clicking for each item is really tiring after a while.

A setting to turn on the .903 graphics would be nice. The current main menu is dark, and strains my eyes.

Sorting the skill list in to sub-categories (personal skills, party skills, leader skills,) would be a nice UI update.

All these changes should be optional, of course.

Xuuluk said:

Also, a take all button would be nice. Clicking for each item is really tiring after a while.

A setting to turn on the .903 graphics would be nice. The current main menu is dark, and strains my eyes.

Sorting the skill list in to sub-categories (personal skills, party skills, leader skills,) would be a nice UI update.

I don't think loot sorting is happening in Native. BOW mod has it though.

If the menu is dark you can change the gamma settings in video options.

Sorting the skill lists could be nice, not a big deal though.

"Optional" suggestions are a bit of a cop-out really. It's basically saying "Hey, if you don't like my suggestion then we'll make it an option so that you can't disapprove of it".

AvaRice said:
Xuuluk said:

I don't think loot sorting is happening in Native. BOW mod has it though.

If the menu is dark you can change the gamma settings in video options.

Sorting the skill lists could be nice, not a big deal though.

"Optional" suggestions are a bit of a cop-out really. It's basically saying "Hey, if you don't like my suggestion then we'll make it an option so that you can't disapprove of it".

Yes, I've played BOW before. I thought it was a great feature, very helpful after fighting caravans.

The menu isn't just dark, it has this brownish tint to it. It also has some minor details which really bug me. Increasing the gamma doesn't help that really. Also some of the menus don't match anymore after the update.

The point of making it optional is so that if you don't like it, you never have to experience it in game. While I'm sure plenty of people enjoy the new menus, I'm quite sure a few still prefer the old ones. I don't think an "Enable Classic Menus" checkbox in configuration to switch inbetween the two would be that hard to code.

Nights need to be darker

Torch use should be optional in place of a shield for you and your troops at night (As in when you say go into battle with your troops, you can choose torch aid, or no torch aid)

But definetly darker nights

We need spotting to have a hand on how far away we can tell an opponents troop size, Would add more intense gameplay if a player with almost no spot walks up to a bandit horde that averages 12, and finds out they have 42 because of rescued nord warriors!

Falling down from your horse more often (currently you never fall down), and the ability to whistle your horse so it comes back to you.

Another minor suggestion, every time you start a new game the trade values of the towns are shuffled so you have to refind your trade routes, its monotonous otherwise.  Also I can't remember who's mod it was but there was initially a glitch on the map where a river edge faded into the ground texture, it appeared the ground was going into and under the water, could this be ther solution to those jagged rivers and beaches? They seem to be the only remaining unproffessional looking map element.

Also, not talking of the hunting thread but more for those who have lost everything or are struggling to get a foothold, hows about a snare in your inventory for catching the odd rabbit.  When you camp or wait in the same place on the map for a while you occaisionally get said furry foodage for survival and sell the small amount of fur for a few coppers to get you going again, (enough to buy a club?)

Some of my suggestions:

gaining relations with factions without joining them said:
I wanted what you could call a merc character.

I figured doing a quest from the city lord, and the guild master, or a village elder, would raise relations with that faction if you completed it for them, so I planning on getting relations with some factions up, by doing quests for them. But it only raised it with the person, not the faction. If I had good relations with the lords of a faction, I would think that would improve it with the faction as well.

I can also see the downside:

What if you join the faction? Say you have a high relation with your faction's enemy. When you join a faction, the relations go from 0 to -3. Making you an enemy. I'm 100% sure it should be no trouble to auto take your relation to -3 when you go to war, so that's no problem.

I also know high relation with one elder/lord/guild master does not make up the whole faction, so what I suggest would be something along the lines of a certain number of places. Here is my suggestion:

To raise relation with a faction (Nords, for example) without actually joining them:
1. Must have a positive relation with X number of lords (five or more maybe?)
2. Must have a positive relation with X number of towns (this should be different - with factions having few towns, you should have a relation of 5, maybe 10, with them. And it would also be easier to do it with towns, as they have the guild master).
3. Must have a positive relation with X number of villages (not much, as it is sometimes hard to find quests from these, and there are too many villages to try and get good relations with all of them).

faction equipment said:
We all know the general equipment of the major factions, and we also can buy equipment that suits that faction. But this is my suggestion:

Why not make it where you can only buy equipment related to a faction, in the region of that faction? Now in order for this to work properly (what if we want to buy the stuff anywhere?) I think that cities should have not only the standard diverse stuff, but also all the faction related equipment. And very prosperous towns should also have places to buy stuff, except all of the things you can buy in a town would be faction related.

Another way to make this worth it, would be to add more faction related equipment. Add more armor and weapons that resemble those of the factions culture.

I think there should also be an option for noncombat characters (medics, etc.) to stay out of combat. That way, they won't be knocked out (making them useless until healed) after the battle, and maybe they could get a bonus. Like telling the medic character to stay out of the battle, and he would have a bonus to surgery and other related skills (he could heal them after the first wave of enemies, for example).

This way, combat characters can help you fight since they will be helpful, while noncombat characters won't get in the way during the fight, and will still help after each wave.

I'll think up some more a little later.

Ah, I remember what my other suggestion was.

When we start a new game, I would like the ability to know what I'm going to be getting, and what my stats will be when I choose a certain option. Right now, you don't really know for sure exactly what items or skills you are getting.

During a siege, the assaulting team should have the having the ability to open the cattle’s gate once inside, to make it easier for cavalry and the rest of the troops to enter in force.

I think that this one should be added,

¨I don´t know if this was suggested, but why don´t add to some mail barded horses, and heraldic padded garment over it?
For example, you can buy a warhorse with its mail armour or buy a warhorse with its cloth thing over its mail bard, displaying your heraldics.

What do you think?¨

There is a lot of contemporary art showing this horses.
But i don´t know if those cloth things were used over mail, or with nothing under. You decide.

Just one thing to add some more realism to the combat:

Vital points.  It's kinda odd when you land a blow with your 2hander, and you feel like cutting your enemy's head in two, but he's still there fighting you because he still has some hp left... The same should be for your PC of course (and that would make parry skills REALLY important  :razz:).
Another example: during a battle yesterday, some enemy archer hit my horse in the head and...
it simply went on galloping showing off this fantastic body piercing of its: it had the arrow all the way through, from ear to ear.

Of course, vital body parts would be more or less vulnerable according to the type of armor worn (maybe some kind of resistance threshold/ratio will do. These could also make possible to have a piece of armor change e. g. from normal to battered or cracked...).
e.g. if you wear a Great Helmet, a strike to the head will result in a loss of hp, but no instant knockout. Same for horse armor (take a look at the Charger....)

Rodolph said:
I think that this one should be added,

¨I don´t know if this was suggested, but why don´t add to some mail barded horses, and heraldic padded garment over it?
For example, you can buy a warhorse with its mail armour or buy a warhorse with its cloth thing over its mail bard, displaying your heraldics.

What do you think?¨

There is a lot of contemporary art showing this horses.
But i don´t know if those cloth things were used over mail, or with nothing under. You decide.

I want to add something:

It should look like something like that. Maybe it can be done changing the mail armored warhorse with other textures. I think it will add more realism since a lot of knights used to dress their horses like that.

Also, horses should have more hp, since horses can survive terrible wounds and they should be more expensive than the plate armour.

P.D.
And weapon swings should be faster, and adding Bekfield´s vital points theory.

Back
Top Bottom