Final version improvement checklist.

Users who are viewing this thread

1. Spot check deduction when camping

2. Temp pathfinding reduction when breaking camp (or some denars lost, supplies, etc)

3. Actually SETTING a time to camp (So lords and you would camp for however long you want and be disadvantaged when confronted when camping)

DamienZharkoff said:
1. Spot check deduction when camping - wouldn't you have guards posted and I would make it that you get a bonus or a penalty, depending where you camped.

2. Temp pathfinding reduction when breaking camp (or some denars lost, supplies, etc)- definetly have a lose of suppiles, your men had bigger meals and are better rested, same as the horse, so I would give a bonus to morale and pathfinding for the first half the day.

to the first, Yes you would have gaurds, but I'm sorry you wouldn't have as many eyes as you would when traveling

to the second, I meant more for BREAKING camp (As in running suddenly from approaching enemies, this would go along with the choosing a sleep time instead of just waiting until the player clicks) Though the addition idea I DO like

DamienZharkoff said:
to the first, Yes you would have guards, but I'm sorry you wouldn't have as many eyes as you would when traveling- this could still depend on how well trained your guards/troops are..and how well trained the enemy sneaking up on you are trained, just a thought.
to the second, I meant more for BREAKING camp (As in running suddenly from approaching enemies, this would go along with the choosing a sleep time instead of just waiting until the player clicks) Though the addition idea I DO like- ok i get you, but as above, it should depend on your troops training and the enemies training, having a flat rate penalty or bonus could unbalance the game a bit.

When leveling up and modifying your stats, you should be able to "undo" your choices within the menu, or try out different options. E.g. +1 strength -> +1 power draw -> +x points in archery; but maybe, you then realise +1 agility -> +1 Riding -> ... is more suitable now.

This means that as when viewing party members, you shouldn't need to cancel the level-up (if you even can now), but have +/- control of all allocatable points untill you click "confirm". Obviously you cannot change point allocations from previous levels.

alh_p said:
When leveling up and modifying your stats, you should be able to "undo" your choices within the menu, or try out different options. E.g. +1 strength -> +1 power draw -> +x points in archery; but maybe, you then realise +1 agility -> +1 Riding -> ... is more suitable now.

This means that as when viewing party members, you shouldn't need to cancel the level-up (if you even can now), but have +/- control of all allocatable points untill you click "confirm". Obviously you cannot change point allocations from previous levels.
"Reset Changes"

Ooh, i have an additional idea...... anyone find it annoying that after you fight battles you can loot the battle ONCE and then never again?

how about being able to lot battlefield markers? or something like that.

Something small I ask for. How come when you' re on a horse your character doesn't make the shouts when you swing a weapon and npc's only shout when they are on foot. If you happen to have an army full of mounted soldiers it really lacks the shouting and grunt sounds npc's make when they are on foot. Can this be "fixed" in the final version or moddable. This would be disapointing if not.

I had hart time finding a place to post this ,hope I'm at the right door .

I have found a bug in the game .
This is the time line :
- I have survived the arena
-Recieved the reward
- I have entered the arena again
- I hat to quit ,so I pressed Tab and left the battle
-Then ,when spoken with the arena master ,I got my reward again ( for nothing, he called me champion )

So by entering the arena , quiting it and speaking with the master ,you can get the reward as many times as you want .
In other words ,when quited the arena battle you will get your last reward from the arena master .

1.  A limit placed on the number of troops and number of prisoners a Lord's army can have.  Also, less raiding, looting, pillaging, and sieging done by Lords.  Discussed in here  :arrow: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,35827.msg937055.html#msg937055

2.  A way to recruit neutral farmers from villages that follow the hired blade troop tree.  Discussed in here  :arrow: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,36111.msg938965.html#msg938965

GREAT THREAD BY THE WAY!!!

-* Random Environmental Encounters *-

Ok I got this idea after chatting last nite about camping and campsites, this also comes from my time playing Hero's of might and magic games.

Ok in M&B on the landscape map we got four types of tarrain, grass, snow, plains and dessert that we can cross, two types of non passable tarrain, mountains and water also two that can slow us down, forests and bridges.
we can also find strongholds, castles and villages including Zandar, we can only encounter humans on foot or on horse, in large numbers and in small numbers from larger fractions to minor fractions, including bandits, pirates and lets not forget the merchants also manhunters.

That's 8x environmental encounters, 3x static human habitats and 3x types of human mobile encounters.

What I suggest is to add in Random & Static environment encounters, which can hinder or help a player or npc troops.     

EG;
    Other human encounters, slumber mills, mines, sheep farms and cattle yards, old keeps and ruins, watchtowers, mercenary camps and lets not forget the veggie farmers.

Natural mobile environmental encounters, the weather, rain fog, cold, heat also herds of deer, packs of wolves, wild horses, bears just to name a few.

Natural static environmental encounters, Nice well protected glades and brooks, water falls, wild fruit orchards, old battle fields, graveyards.

now all of these I see just going on the landscape map, all would be randomly place at the beginning of a new game, by adding this in to the game, the player gets to explore the map for the sake of exploring the map as well, this will mean that theses out of the way places on the map that don't have a human habitat will also get visited by the player.

I was going to say dungeon, mine and cave entrances, which lead to underground maps of some type, but I think that these can be modded already with the current system, I came to this conclusion just by what I've seen people can do already with they mod's,( some really excellent work!)

It's quite possable that R.E.E's could be added in via mod's, but I think new or beginning modders would find it a whole lot easier if this were implamented in the full version or final build.

Just a thought, :wink:

As this suggestion failed as an topic (Went unnoticed), I thought it would have a chance with other small suggestions.

Pii100 said:
I understand that rebellion factions are called "Kingdom of [old kingdom here] rebels" For a reason, but after you gain enough land. and stay in business for a long long time, it feels kinda stupid.

I'm not talking about claimant stuff, as they are the real rebels against old control and try to get to be new control, but I'm talking about that when you don't get a fief given to you and rebel. (Not red faction, the grey one)

It could be cool to rename it, if you're e.g "Kingdom of nords rebels" who conquer whole calradia and are still flagged as rebels (I haven't tested this, but if you're lonely rebel who conquers all places, are you still called rebel there? If yes, I suggest no.), I would like to be renamed whatever I want, like "Kingdom of new era".

+ If possible, there could be some color chart (Either RGB values or list like "Purple", "Red", "Black" and you can choose from them), so all your places names would be with that color.

If anyone knows how to do this manually please let me know.

Maybe we could throw in some new music there too, not any major changes to game play, but just some new songs to make the game less monotonous.

Just my two cents  :smile:

When a lord rescues prisoners, convert them to a low tier unit of his faction or caravan guards or other unit that follows the hired blade tech tree.  Its a problem, for example, because it destroys the Khergit's strength when lords are toting around more unmounted troops of a different faction than Khergit troops.  I think it also ruins the feel of the game when lords have more troops of a different faction than their own.

I suppose this problem would be fixed, as in my previous suggestion, if they limited the number of troops and prisoners each lord can have.

I am thinking . . .
Khergits - Skirmishers
Rhodocks - Trained Spearmen
Nords - Trained Footmen
Vaegirs - Footmen
Swadians - Militia

Adjust skill levels, skill choices, and equipment for each factions units.

For example:

Nords should be good with both bows and melee weapons and carry good versions of each.  Swadian and Vaegir infantry should have excellent melee weapons and be more skilled than the Nords with them while Swadian and Vaegir ranged units should have better ranged weapons, no shields, and a short sword at most.  They should be more skilled than the Nords with their ranged weapons.  The idea is the Swadian and Vaegir units are much more highly specialized in their troop trees.

Rhodock sergeants seem to prefer their swords and shields to the spears.  Perhaps add AI that lets them choose what is best?

Back
Top Bottom