Final version improvement checklist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Really nice TW making new patches!
But still is it possible to double the speed of
horizontal attacks but not that of vertical.
This is disturbing for experienced players
and should be changed. The best solution
for this could be simply limiting the speed.
Also the slow running appeared more
balanced then. 

:???:

How would lowering the speed for a weapon help with the issue (is there even an issue? I never noticed that) of horizontal attacks being twice as fast as vertical? It wouldn't; both the vertical attack and the horizontal one would be slowed down equally. :???:

The idea of increasing an attacks speed with mouse movement actually isnt bad at all.
But it just works for horizontal direction only what devalues the other attacks dramatically.
Assuming it worked for all even for thrusts and sprinting were possible that were okay.
But that would indeed be more like a completely new game.

:roll:

bearKing said:
C'mon now lets stop being perfectionist pricks, i think the sword combat is just fine, i will say the tournaments could do with some touching up...

- Instead of 1 huge melee event there could be separate events with a different prize for each one, and i mean cmon 200 denar is effing pathetic for beating like 63 other dudes in combat...

- A jousting event with a rail to separate the riders and forces a direct charge every time, instead of all this running around in circles trying to stab each other with blunt sticks, there should be the ability to knock some1 off their horse even if it doesnt kill them, and each jouster should have a sword for backup in case of being dehorsed (the honorable thing would be to get down off your horse and face him with your own blade)

- A mounted melee, everyone starts on horses in a total Free For All. (any weapons)
. A non mounted melee...

- you could take out that rain b.s. and add in wind effect instead, which would then add the needed challenge to make for a good archery contest.. haha

- Outside of tournaments... i was thinking you should be able to challenge any sort of lord to single combat, rather than duking it out on the battlefield. Maybe you dont have enough troops, maybe theyre not trained, whatever reason, but if hes not honorable and/or your persuasion is really low he might reject you, and even if hes honorable his troops might not be and will charge you after you win. Just a few thoughts...

P.S. im really tired of running around in circles with a lance doing 5 damage to his horse every 5 minutes, please PLEASE at least polish up the jousting..

this was posted a long long time ago but i firmly believe you are right, it needs better jousting no matter what you cannot have a tournament in medieval times without jousting, melee(one for swords, one for blunt , on for 2 hand), and archery this all needs to be added or i will cease to gain entertainment from mount and blade warband

Noble_Man_BoB said:
bearKing said:
C'mon now lets stop being perfectionist pricks, i think the sword combat is just fine, i will say the tournaments could do with some touching up...

- Instead of 1 huge melee event there could be separate events with a different prize for each one, and i mean cmon 200 denar is effing pathetic for beating like 63 other dudes in combat...

- A jousting event with a rail to separate the riders and forces a direct charge every time, instead of all this running around in circles trying to stab each other with blunt sticks, there should be the ability to knock some1 off their horse even if it doesnt kill them, and each jouster should have a sword for backup in case of being dehorsed (the honorable thing would be to get down off your horse and face him with your own blade)

- A mounted melee, everyone starts on horses in a total Free For All. (any weapons)
. A non mounted melee...

- you could take out that rain b.s. and add in wind effect instead, which would then add the needed challenge to make for a good archery contest.. haha

- Outside of tournaments... i was thinking you should be able to challenge any sort of lord to single combat, rather than duking it out on the battlefield. Maybe you dont have enough troops, maybe theyre not trained, whatever reason, but if hes not honorable and/or your persuasion is really low he might reject you, and even if hes honorable his troops might not be and will charge you after you win. Just a few thoughts...

P.S. im really tired of running around in circles with a lance doing 5 damage to his horse every 5 minutes, please PLEASE at least polish up the jousting..

this was posted a long long time ago but i firmly believe you are right, it needs better jousting no matter what you cannot have a tournament in medieval times without jousting, melee(one for swords, one for blunt , on for 2 hand), and archery this all needs to be added or i will cease to gain entertainment from mount and blade warband. if anyone with any modding experience would like to teach or help me make this i would be extremely grateful i have no modding experience but i wish to learn

Super sweet tournaments are always welcome, for reference watch the movie knight's tale, there are separate events and even if I don't have time to look up how realistic that movie is MaB isn't even supposed to be realistic so hah.

you should put this song as an opening theme :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt4CQc1MSso&list=PL92619D97286688EA

Familly ties were paramount , there should be a heavier rating for friend / enemies
allégeance to a king was way weaker than the familly leading man influence

In Mount and Blade 1 there should be things from Mount and Blade Warband and ship sailing like Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlords

Another good idea would be the ability for your army to continue battle after you get knocked out. It's very possible and definitely happens all the time in real life.

FrisianDude said:
How would lowering the speed for a weapon help with the issue (is there even an issue? I never noticed that) of horizontal attacks being twice as fast as vertical? It wouldn't; both the vertical attack and the horizontal one would be slowed down equally. :???:

I think he means the way how you can turn into your swings to halve the time it takes for the attack to connect while increasing acceleration.

The vertical attacks have their own little pros though. Like increased stun (and possibility of pretty strong falling attacks) with overheads and the increased range and armor piercing of thrusts.

I think that selling armors and weapons prices should be the same price or a little bit cheaper than the buying price .. and if u buy an armor or a weapon in a city , u should be able to sell it in another city for a different price .

Back
Top Bottom