Battle of Bucharest 2017 - Finals Format and Information

Users who are viewing this thread

5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
BoBlogo_800.PNG
Finals Format and Information
Firstly, on behalf of the Lithuanian Esport Federation and us at TaleWorlds, thanks everyone for a great qualifying phase! It was possibly the highest frequency of matches played for a tournament in the history of the game and we're incredibly pleased it went so well. Of course there are some lessons to be learnt but on the whole we are thrilled with the way the community has risen to the challenge and very optimistic for the future!

There are a lot of thanks to be given and that will be handled in full at the end of the tournament. At this stage it's worth simply giving credit to the fantastic work done by our team of volunteer admins and referees. The matches and duels went off exceptionally smoothly and ultimately, we met our deadlines because of their hard work.

Now we look to Bucharest and the PGL Studio, which will be the stage for the grand finals. This thread contains some information about the event in order to clarify how Saturday will play out.

Vote for the player you think is the most skilled here

Finals Format

DUEL

While the format for duel matches remains the same, each of our four teams has also been given the chance to nominate an additional player for the competition. This gives us eight total duelists competing in Bucharest.

Before the finals they will be split into two groups of four, which will play out in a “dual tournament” format. For those unfamiliar with the concept: After the first two duel matches, the two winners will play for first place, while the two losers play for survival. The winners’ winner goes through first in the group, while the losers’ loser is eliminated. After this, the loser of the winners’ match plays the winner of the losers’ to determine 2nd and 3rd place in the group. From there the tournament will continue as single-elimination, including a 3rd place playoff.

In addition to this, the Duel grand final will be played as a best of 3 with each match playing out as a first to seven. This will give players a chance to switch faction between matches.

These are the groups for the finals (randomised, with 2 nominees and 2 qualified duelists in each group and pitched against each other for the initial matches):

Group A

Gibby vs Brian (nominated by Unity)

M vs SotaMursu (nominated by Castellans)

Group B

Shemaforash vs Peter (nominated by Apis Europae Black)

Bloody Death vs Scar (nominated by Apis Europae Yellow)

Group A Duels
Gibby 7 vs 5 Brian
M 7 vs 1 Sotamursu
Sotamursu 7 vs 6 Brian
Gibby 7 vs 5 M
M 7 vs 4 Sotamursu

Group B Duels
Shemaforash 2 vs 7 Peter
Bloody Death 7 vs 3 Scar
Shemaforash 7 vs 4 Scar
Bloody Death 5 vs 7 Peter
Bloody Death 7 vs 2 Shemaforash

Semi Finals Duels
Gibby 7 vs 5 Bloody Death
M 3 vs 7 Peter
3rd place Duel
M 7 vs 5 Bloody Death

TEAM

Throughout the qualifiers teams competed over one map, essentially functioning as a best-of-1, granting victory to the team that took the most rounds. For the finals, team matches will be played best-of-3 with a veto/pick system in place to determine the maps played. This will happen directly before matches on stream and run as follows:

Team A bans 1 map
Team B bans 2 maps
Team A bans 1 map
Team A picks map 1
Team B picks map 2
The remaining map will be played as map 3.

Factions will be randomised and determined beforehand.

Our teams for the finals are:

Apis Europae Black

Castellans

Apis Europae Yellow

Unity

Clarification regarding changes to the finalists:

Aequalitas have been replaced by Apis Europae Yellow. Initially Aequalitas had one member that couldn't make the finals. Despite our form specifically stating that this gives us the right to drop them from the tournament, we decided the integrity of the competition was best upheld by allowing them a single replacement. However, **** continued to have a string of issues getting their players to the event on time and unfortunately, we were left with no choice but to disqualify them and look for a replacement.

To find the replacement, all teams knocked out by a semi finalist (including those knocked out by Aequalitas) were contacted and asked to provide all the necessary personal information we required to arrange bringing them to Bucharest on time, and to do so within a 3 hour deadline. Out of the 11 teams contacted, two complete responses were received (Frontline Tactics and Apis Europae Yellow). To determine which team was given the last spot, Aeronwen and I convened as the two impartial admins and looked at the evidence to make a decision. Despite the margin being incredibly small, the fact that Apis Europae Yellow both progressed further in the bracket and achieved a higher score against the same team, was deemed sufficient grounds for an objective ruling to bring Apis Europae Yellow. This was not an easy decision to take and we recognise that, as in all competitions, there is volatility in results and maps and factions will naturally have an impact but ultimately, the scores are what count for the tournament and must be considered the best criteria in situations like these.

In addition to this, we received news late last night that Maximou is unable to attend the finals. The runner-up of his qualifying bracket, Shemaforash, has been selected to replace him in the duel finals. Unity have been allowed a replacement "TigerWhite", the same courtesy that was originally given to Aequalitas.

Team Ban 1 Ban 2 Pick Map 3
Semi Final 1 Castellans Fort of Honour Castellum Verloren Naval Outpost
Apis Europae Black Ruins Sandiboush Reveran Village
Semi Final 2 Unity Reveran Village Verloren Sandiboush Fort of Honour
Apis Europae Yellow Ruins Castellum Naval Outpost
3rd Place Playoff Unity Reveran Village Castellum Sandiboush Verloren
Apis Europae Black Naval Outpost Ruins Fort of Honour
Final Apis Europae Yellow Reveran Village Ruins Naval Outpost Verloren
Castellans Fort of Honour Sandiboush Castellum

Team Team Map Factions
Apis Europae Black 3 vs 4 Castellans Fort of Honour Sarranids vs Rhodoks
Apis Europae Black 5 vs 0 Castellans Sandiboush Swadia vs Nords
Apis Europae Black 0 vs 5 Castellans Verloren Vaegirs vs Rhodoks
Unity 3 vs 5 Apis Europae Yellow Naval Outpost Sarranids vs Rhodoks
Unity 2 vs 5 Apis Europae Yellow Castellum Swadia vs Nords
Apis Europae Black 2 vs 5 Unity Fort of Honour Sarranids vs Rhodoks
Apis Europae Black 5 vs 0 Unity Sandiboush Swadia vs Nords
Apis Europae Black 5 vs 2 Unity Verloren Vaegirs vs Rhodoks
Castellans 5 vs 3 Apis Europae Yellow Naval Outpost Sarranids vs Rhodoks
Castellans 5 vs 1 Apis Europae Yellow Castellum Swadia vs Nords

In addition to this, we received news late last night that Maximou is unable to attend the finals. The runner-up of his qualifying bracket, Shemaforash, has been selected to replace him in the duel finals.
What about Unity?

Good luck teams. Very sad at the fact almost everything is AE apart from two teams. I hope everything can be sorted out for the next LAN tournament!. Out of the 28 spots available, 16 are AE. For that reason I believe the tournament will not be fun to watch, both for the old community and for the new community. I understand the time constraints and problems faced but this has gone way worse than one imagined.

Originally it was 1 AE team with 3 duel finalists, let's imagine they nominate one which is Peter, that would make a total of 9 AE players. Now that's almost doubled.

Lastly, I was confused about you saying you had a deadline but managed to get Tiger white late last night?. CFC sent you their information which you "didn't get",  they tried their best and managed to get 4 (within the deadline) and could have got the 5th in around 20 minutes after the deadline. With time constraints, how did you manage to allow tiger white (Many hours after the deadline) and not 1 player from CFC (20 minutes after the deadline)?. Tigerwhite was also in a team, this isn't even adding up.

Fietta said:
Good luck teams. Very sad at the fact almost everything is AE apart from two teams. I hope everything can be sorted out for the next LAN tournament!. Out of the 28 spots available, 16 are AE. For that reason I believe the tournament will not be fun to watch, both for the old community and for the new community. I understand the time constraints and problems faced but this has gone way worse than one imagined.

Originally it was 1 AE team with 3 duel finalists, let's imagine they nominate one which is Peter,  that would make a total of 9 AE players. Now that's almost doubled.

Lastly, I was confused about you saying you had a deadline but managed to get Tiger white late last night?. CFC sent you their information which you "didn't get",  they tried their best and managed to get 4 (within the deadline) and could have got the 5th in around 20 minutes after the deadline. With time constraints, how did you manage to allow tiger white (Many hours after the deadline) and not 1 player from CFC (20 minutes after the deadline)?.
The fact that a lot of the best players are in AE won't detract from the quality of play we'll see in the finals.

AE vs AE potential finals 5v5.
AE vs AE potential finals 1v1.

This isn't from skill (apart from the original ones who made it through), this is from luck. It's very displeasing to me and others that this happened. I'm sure AE [Y] is capable of doing something but they've been proven they're weaker than AE black. It's not so much of it being a "great finals", it's more so seeing 1 team take up almost the entire competition, most of which wasnt even by skill, just picking luck.

Alea jacta est,

let's just appreciate this tournament ! I'm pretty sure there won't be any problems in the future anyway as we are learning from our mistakes, I'm really happy to go to Bucharest anyway as it was my only goal so the fact that Aequalitas is replaced by AE Yellow is not a problem at all for Unity in the end. I'm pretty sure everyone will do their best to put up some entertaining fights and you can't really blame AE for having most of the best players of Warband in their roster.

I just want to add that, most of the problems we encountered were not because of Captain Lust or anybody who was organizing this tournament, we were very welcome, we received every informations a day after the finals, they did a great job ! The only issues were the fact that some players couldn't go to Bucharest wich is not at all Captain Lust's fault or anybody else.

In the end I'm thankful to be a part of this and that people are doing their best to develop Warband competitive aspect by making tournaments like this one.

16 AE players in the lan makes it all more exciting imo, the team that has been top for years now batteling eachother. Besides, isn't setting a good image for warband a goal for this LAN? If so, letting the most renowned players play will only be profitable?

CiigesDOST said:
16 AE players in the lan makes it all more exciting imo, the team that has been top for years now batteling eachother. Besides, isn't setting a good image for warband a goal for this LAN? If so, letting the most renowned players play will only be profitable?

No?, how does it make it more exciting at the fact AEs tesco value team was allowed to go forward because of captains lusts impatience?. Knowing that the [Y] team got dominated by the black team, what makes you think that would be any better than having a PW clan in finals?. It's not setting a good image having the majority of players being AE.

I wish all the teams that got through from winning goodluck.

CiigesDOST said:

If you count guys like Matt or Mitchell one of the best warband Players, then you are a Freak sir. and why did the Teams even take part when they cant go to bucharest at the end?

i like the effort from TW that they made this tourney, but if it was the Goal to take the "best Players" to bucharest as ciiges said, then they failed by far. rather should have put some good russians or turkish guys in there than guys like Matt or Mitchell.

Yussuf said:
CiigesDOST said:

If you count guys like Matt or Mitchell one of the best warband Players, then you are a Freak sir. and why did the Teams even take part when they cant go to bucharest at the end?

i like the effort from TW that they made this tourney, but if it was the Goal to take the "best Players" to bucharest as ciiges said, then they failed by far. rather should have put some good russians or turkish guys in there than guys like Matt or Mitchell.
quote where I said most skilled, right, I didn't.
Althought most of AE definitelly belong to the best of warband, not all of them do, but they are the most renowned, like it or not.

Back
Top Bottom