Battle of Bucharest 2017 - Sign Up!

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort that's been put into this tourney and I know I'm very appreciative of all the coverage it's getting and those who who've provided the means for it to take place but the quality of the finals shouldn't be reduced now that we're at this stage. The top bracket is packed with veteran competitive players who've been at the top level for years and while the bottom bracket definitely has some good teams I don't think the best four teams will reach the LAN final with the brackets as they are, and especially with just one map when there can be a Nord stomp both ways. I  thought we would be playing multiple matches each day and that was the reason why each game was just one map, but since that's not the case is there any downside to adding a second map for more consistency? One map limits a game length to 20 minutes max as it is and makes faction imbalance even more huge.

Whatever happens still appreciative of the opportunity that's been made here.

I understand the reasoning for no seed, even though CL knows most teams are better than others I believe he's treating it fairly by making it random (also time constraints?). Since no one knows what will happen in a 5v5 and what teams will beat other teams, it's hard to say exactly where people stand. Seeding would probably be a 'better option', but I can understand what lust is trying to do. Goodluck to all teams, massive big luck to the top bracket teams. Make the best team win.

group based, two maps or double elimination are all solid and more skillbased (better) formats than the volatile single-elimination one map format we have now.

The effort it would take to implement 2 or 3 map matches is insignificant to the increase of quality the matches and LAN tournament will have.

http://challonge.com/fr/BoB17_Team

Also agreed with people saying that Random Seeding isn't a good idea cause it really isn't. We want to have the best competitive LAN possible ever, don't we?

Where can we see the rosters ? I see a lot of teams but I don't know who is who

Sorry, I appreciate every single aspect of this tournament but this is not fair at all.

extremely retarded setup for the tournament, the nord faction has the advantage on any map (and its just 1 map 2 sets) so its gonna be winterburg a lot and anything can happen there, also having such a stacked upper bracket (the two ae teams so close together lol) is stupid and bad for the tournament since the finals wont as interesting as the semis for the upper bracket, just shouldnt have been random seed this feels rushed out and without a lot of thought into it.

Well, let's not be over confident either as we say in French : " prudence est mère de sûreté " !

I urge you to either seed the tournament or reconsider the match format before it's too late.

Everyone here wants the first LAN tournament in warband to be a huge success but it won't be if you put top contending teams fighting each other in one single bracket, in a single elimination one map match decider.

Most of the teams who are top tier in the current scene will be eliminated before LAN and there's no double elimination to rescue them either.

This is honestly infiurating, I didn't want to post all the bad preparation (forum-wise) I, and many others saw for this tournament a few days ago for the health of the tournament and the small hope that we had that the upcoming stuff would be better prepared but this just takes the cake...
How is the MOST important tournament in the history of Mount & Blade treated like this? Didn't we AS A COMMUNITY learnt from what hapenned with WNL3 and how horrible it was to get Agincourt to the finals for the tournament itself?

I'm currently on my way home so I can't type any longer, but please reconsider seeding or seeking the help of the community (or experienced wb tournament hosters) for ideas to turn this tournament into what it deserves to be. A key tournament for warband/bannerlord's competitive future.

Kragen, just stop. The players in the top bracket are proven, the only team on bottom that is worth mentioning is Unity. Unless someone is a complete god that we've never heard, which I highly doubt, these brackets are unfair and aren't truly competitive.

Back
Top Bottom