Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello. I just came back to M&B after months and downloaded this mod yesterday. To be precise, I downloaded version 3 and applied the quick fix. However I encountered some graphical issues like white banners and white bushes and trees. I've fiddled with my settings and nothing fixed it. I've also made sure my file permissions are accessible for everyone (I'm using Linux). Any idea on how to fix this?

Sky Warden said:
Hello. I just came back to M&B after months and downloaded this mod yesterday. To be precise, I downloaded version 3 and applied the quick fix. However I encountered some graphical issues like white banners and white bushes and trees. I've fiddled with my settings and nothing fixed it. I've also made sure my file permissions are accessible for everyone (I'm using Linux). Any idea on how to fix this?

I know very little about linux, but my experience with modding TLD led me to learn a few things regarding the linux port of WB.

1) Do you have the latest version of WB? I believe older versions may not have the right OpenGL shaders.
2) I am not sure if Gekokujo and/or Daimyo edition uses some modified shaders that are not ported over to OpenGL, hence the graphical issue
3) Are you playing Gekokujo on Steam Workshop? If you are, there are some quirks with how the steam workshop handles the linux build. My suggestion is to download manually instead of using steam workshop.

I hope this helps :smile:

Khamukkamu said:
I know very little about linux, but my experience with modding TLD led me to learn a few things regarding the linux port of WB.

1) Do you have the latest version of WB? I believe older versions may not have the right OpenGL shaders.
2) I am not sure if Gekokujo and/or Daimyo edition uses some modified shaders that are not ported over to OpenGL, hence the graphical issue
3) Are you playing Gekokujo on Steam Workshop? If you are, there are some quirks with how the steam workshop handles the linux build. My suggestion is to download manually instead of using steam workshop.

I hope this helps :smile:

Thanks for the response.

1. I believe I have the latest version because I always turn auto-update on. It's version 1.173.
2. I have played Gekokujo and Sugoroku before and I didn't have any shader issue, although it was before that 1.173 update.
3. No. I downloaded the mod straight from moddb.

I looked into my rgl_log and saw some missing textures, some of which seem to be related to my graphical issues (ground_rocks_*). I couldn't find those files in the Textures folder. Do I really need to use WSE?

So... I'm a little confused on how the whole culture system works in this mod. I had noticed that, when you take over a city and are the vassal of, say, clan Oda, that city and all the villages connected to it will produce Oda villagers instead of Takeda. But selecting "Takeda" from the culture menu does not seem to do anything, even after waiting the 72 hours for troop refresh. Am I to assume that the culture selection only does something when you are king and have your own faction? And whatever you decide as a vassal will be overruled by your Great Lord's culture decision because you are part of their faction?

It's been awhile since I played Warband. The first problem I find is the character creation scene. The font, with the combination of the ui and background, is too bright. Maybe, make them darker will make them easier to see.

So far, I found nothing, like crash, freeze, or bugs.
Does the "next page" button in when you will first spawn a new feature or a bug?

P. S. Does this mod add additional slot for new NPCs. I would like to add some NPCs in this mod.

Hey there everyone, I just started a new Daimyo Edition 3.0 game (with fixes) but pretty soon I was getting the annoying red line script errors. After a brief search I found out Aruda advices players to use WSE or 'warband tamer' to cut down on errors and bugs.

So my question is: what is this mysterious 'Warband Tamer' that I can't find any info on at all? It can even hardly be found mentioned in a thread, let alone a download location? It seems to be an old tool of some sorts now 'dead'. Can anyone provide any info or possibly even a download link to this utility?

Also, how do you get the WSE to work with Warband 1.172 (non-steam)? Aruda says v3.2.0 works OK with all versions but it says it's only for Warband 1.153 (or similar) when I try to load it. I extracted all WSE files in a 'WSE' folder in the Gekokujo mod folder and ran it from there. But I also tried running it from the root M&B:W folder, same result. I also tried WSE 4.5.4, 4.6.0 (with the appropriate Warband exes provided by WSE) and couldn't get them to work either.

The red script seems like just a nuisance but I'm guessing it also means loss of mod functionality.
Any idea what am I doing (or not doing) wrong?  Thanks in advance!

oh man, found this only after I was starting to get settled in my first sugoroku playthrough  :cry:

anyway, sorry if this was already mentioned somewhere earlier... look what I found: https://www21.atwiki.jp/warband/pages/168.html

rough translation of the last section follows ->

about Japanese Voices
A good amount has been added, but some of them like "To Tokyo!", "Don't let the enemies set their feet on our soil!", "Tenno Heika Banzai!" are extremely anachronic. If that bothers you, perhaps you could either remove those or overwrite with something more acceptable. Below is the list of clearly awkward stuff:

almost forgot to ask... I stumbled upon that wiki site while I was googling to learn Ukon's likes/dislikes. I already figured he can't hang with Hoshi, who is an invaluable asset to my humble party for his pathfinding skill alone. Just wanted to know if having the new character in the mix affects other pre-existing companions' likes and dislikes, otherwise I would happily sack him and call it a day.

something else I noticed: FEMALE_MOVE.mp3 should really be FEMALE_WITHDRAW.MP3 if anything. Kinda funny when all I want my troops do is to move to an advantageous terrain yet I keep hearing my character yelling "withdraw!" every 5 seconds  :wink:

As of the 3.0 update I'm unable to actually disable debug messages which immediately cause the system messages to break meaning i can't see the event log or any of the sort unless i tab over to that and this bug carries over into battles. I use that for testing damage results and keeping track of certain things like shot difficulty notices (because I like seeing that. don't judge me XD)

However unlike the previous update this is no option to turn those entirely off, and the only other way which is ALSO no longer there seemingly is the option to disable the mode that has it on (cheat mode, which I've only really ever used to walk around battle scenes. its nice to figure out if rocks are actually physically there after all...things like that.)

other than that I'm not really seeing error memos, just the irritation of not being able to disable debug messages which I've never actually used anyways.

I took the role of a (historically incorrect) female Date Masamune. Why? Because the lunar kabuto  :cool: well that, and I didn't want to be sandwiched between powerful daimyos, liked their faction armor color, etc.

While the real Date Masamune was never known for his tactical prowess, my version has prevailed against her opposition and nearly conquered all of Tohoku and some at the expense of Satake, Mogami, Nanbu and Hojo.

Castle sieges seem real easy (or less time consumig)  in this mod compared to others, but it really sucks when you are on the receiving end. I am going to try enmassing lowest tier troops in the garisson to discourage the AI from laying sieges at all.

As for the companions, thankfully addition of Ukon doesnt seem to affect other companions' dispositions. I have recruited everyone from my old crew except Tojiko and they all seem to get along fine.

There is this one eboshi kabuto with outlndish (230 something  :shock:) def rating. Wonder if it is a bug or thr way it is meant to be.

konakona said:
Castle sieges seem real easy (or less time consumig)  in this mod compared to others, but it really sucks when you are on the receiving end. I am going to try enmassing lowest tier troops in the garisson to discourage the AI from laying sieges at all.

I've tried that, and the AI seems to only look at numbers AFTER troop quality. massing low troops will prevent smaller groups from attacking, but in auto calc high teir troops will demolish low teir, and the Ai knows that much.

honestly the ai will never seige if they don't think they can currently win an auto calc battle without a 65% or more loss of troops. thats possibly just me though.

Aruda. Sorry, i'm so late, but i bring you my congratulations. You have kinda made my dream true. Many thing i tried to make real, are real now. I'm very glad, there are so many people, who love japanese history and culture. Maybe we are just little boys who continue playing soldiers?))) Well, i tried never change the great spirit of Gekokujo in my work, and i can feel, you didn't either. Great epilogue for the great story. Let me hug you))

Everyone, hello from nowhere, i was fighting for my money and life) Hug you all)

I recently got the 3.1 update for Daimyio Edition and managed to get it working yet an issue I've noted is that when playing as a female character and when I began to do some sparring practice in the training field the texture that was called "loincloth" if I recall correctly was missing, that is to say, that when female characters have nothing on them their bodies are just black because of a missing texture. I don't know whether this is a bug or issue with the patch or a mistake on my part when I applied the patch since I mistakenly deleted the Daimyo Edition folder and had to reinstall it and apply the quick fix + the 3.1 patch.

Hey, I love this mod, but after I updated it, I get the following in the rgl log after a crash to desktop whenever I try to change armors with a female character.

rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/lioncloth_nor.dds"
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/lioncloth.dds"

TheBarbarian said:
Hey, I love this mod, but after I updated it, I get the following in the rgl log after a crash to desktop whenever I try to change armors with a female character.

rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/lioncloth_nor.dds"
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/lioncloth.dds"

I've noticed that issue myself too

Back
Top Bottom