Frequently Asked Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Markus II

Knight
#1 - Will this mod be ported to M&B Version 0.950?

No. The mod won't be ported until the final release of M&B, namely Version 1. - Yup, I changed my mind. The mod is currently being ported to M&B 0.960.

#2 - Are formations included in the Mod?

Not at this stage. When NCrawler has finished modifying Mirathei's Formation script, i'll release a Formation Patch that allows players to add the script to the game.

#3 - Can I use items/scenes from your mod in my own?

Yes, provided that you seek permission to use the materials before including them in your own mod and credit their source. The ownership of the different materials is list below:

All Scenes - Markus II
Weapons Meshes and Textures - Stoned-dude
Shields Meshes - James
Shield Textures - Markus II
Map Icons - James
Armours (Robe_a, Robe_b, Merchant_outfit) - Llew2
Armours (All Native Retextures) - Markus II
Helmets - James

#4 - Is the mod finished?

Not quite. A patch will be released shortly with a few bug fixes, a new map and some new features.

hey, i joined the britons by getting shi*t loads of renown by fighting with an army of wounded peasants and i got an oath sword. wat is that supposed to do, its not really as strong as i expected.

Charidemus said:
hey, i joined the britons by getting shi*t loads of renown by fighting with an army of wounded peasants and i got an oath sword. wat is that supposed to do, its not really as strong as i expected.

The Oath Sword isn't supposed to be a god-like weapon.

It's just a sword.

A sword that symbolises a link to the king you've given your oath too.

Power-gamers will be disappointed, but I won't be losing any sleep over it. :wink:

Markus II said:
Charidemus said:

The Oath Sword isn't supposed to be a god-like weapon.

It's just a sword.

A sword that symbolises a link to the king you've given your oath too.

Power-gamers will be disappointed, but I won't be losing any sleep over it. :wink:
oh... :sad:
thanks, anyway :grin:

Its still a damn good weapon to get for free, I've killed more than a few hundred Saxons with it (over 200 in the one fort because I'm the only one in my army who knows how to use stairs apparently)

Awesome game.  As I just started playing Mount&Blade this weekend.  Before I started playing though I hit the forums for information and what was the best mod.  So I never even started with the vanila game, I went straight into this mod and I do not regret it.  I would really appreciate a Troop Tree though, has anyone done one?

Right now I was going to just do Wessex to figure out their tree.  I was getting to confusing with a mixed group and it slows the game down writing and trying to figure it out.  I was hoping someone had already done that.

Not that I remember, Wessex and all the Saxons have 2 trees, I forget the exact names but the farmers you get from villages who go onto to be Fyrdmen and Veteran Fyrdmen or Fyrdmen Skirmisher and the nobles you need to get at taverns in Saxon cities (top floor, Reeve dude), I think Geoguth which can go bannerman or Gesith. Gesith can go Deoguth, Deoguth can go Thegn or Mounted Thegn. I'm actually better at naming the wierd Briton ones.

Its fairly easy to map out advancment tree's.Just enable cheats in the game autorun and press ctrl + x in the party menu on the troop you want leveled up a few times.More for the better one's.Anyway i'm going to do one once i download the game so no worries.

PS: Add 'how to install' into the FAQ.Better safe then sorry.

Christian parties spawn in Wessex by the capital, possibly other major cities of theirs, not sure about the hillfort thing, have a bunch in my game.

Don Doggy said:
Just downloaded this, very nice. But i can't find any hillforts. they are just plain wooden castles/forts from the native.

Open your eyes.

See the map icons that look like Hill Forts? Go to them and walk around - they're the Hill Fort scenes. (Except for Dunholm, which is a wooden castle)

Don Doggy said:
And where are the christian parties? haven't seen any of them yet

They're on the map.

However, they do tend to get eaten by Vikingr all the time.

Lowlandlord said:
Its still a damn good weapon to get for free, I've killed more than a few hundred Saxons with it (over 200 in the one fort because I'm the only one in my army who knows how to use stairs apparently)
Sneaky saxon bastards. Using stairs.

They are very different from each other.
Viking Raiders is incomplete and only features some new content, like weapons and armours.

867 A.D. features not only new armours and weapons but also new scenes for towns and castles (hill forts).
And then there is new dialogue and a few new quests. New starting choices etc.

All in all 867 A.D. is a 'finished' mod with many changes to native, whereas Viking Raiders is based on native with new troop trees and some new armour/weapons added.

Graphically they are very different from each other.

I've played both and they're both good. Just try them out.

Back
Top Bottom