Suggestions and Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

this mod is really cool. like the fact that one of the heroes refused to join me
i was not friend of his faction

Charidemus said:
this mod is really cool. like the fact that one of the heroes refused to join me
i was not friend of his faction

On that note, I did find a tiny little bug here. There's this guy Cadfael (or something  :lol:). He's a Briton and only wants to join my party when I'm friends with the Britons. At first, when I'm completely neutral with the Britons he won't join. Then later on I find him again when I'm at war with the Britons (about -50 relationship) and he's happy to join me. Doesn't seem right.

Other than that: I love the amount of NPCs. Got about 10 or 12 of them in my party now. I also like that some of them are quite capable men instead of the pussies they used to have in Native that passed out every 3 minutes when some other guy rubbed his head with a club.

I was just watchinh something on the steevey called Brother Cadfael. Man I'm bored (suppose I sould be playing on the mod then :grin:)
I have a suggestion. If you havent done the map yet can you make it the right way up? First few times I tried to make a custom map south was north as well, why the hell does the map editor start so that north looks like south anyway?

For lack of better place:

I suggest you make a screenshot thread, as that is how I, personally, decide whether to download a mod.

EDIT: If you go into Common Res, open user_interfaces.brf, and select the compass, export, import into your own file, you can click edit in BRFedit, and rotate 180 degrees on the Z axis. That should fix the map. Cheating, but still.

I must say this is the most fun in ages. The infantry fights work really well, I can run around spearing people and then cutting their throats with my saex (In fact I haven't felt any need to upgrade my starting equip yet except to pick up a better shield)

Perhaps accentuate the differences between spears.. atm they're all rather similar (And hewing spear can't actually hew :razz:) the short spear for example.. could be much faster.

And when you redo the map, tone down the mountains in south Wales :razz:

First of all, congratulations Markus!

This is by far the most atmospheric mod that Ive ever played on M&B!

The artwork is by far the best (I love the parchment-look)
I love how the conversations are so gritty and vulgar and realistic and genuinely funny sometimes ("..good can come from between a slut's legs..." LOL ),

Needless to say, the forts, the towns and Lundene are all simply gorgeous!!

Tremendous work mate, I can't praise this enough!

Congratulations! I am enjoying this thoroughly.
I have a small problem though (I play on the hardest settings).  Twice I got pinned to a building by 20+ peasants in a village and I killed them all.  They hardly do any damage and there is very little interruption when I get hit.  I was wearing the best stuff I could find but still its quite strange and unrealistic. I havent had this problem combating other groups.  Maybe peasants need some stat upgrading or tuning?

Leggeron said:
I have a small problem though (I play on the hardest settings).  Twice I got pinned to a building by 20+ peasants in a village and I killed them all.  They hardly do any damage and there is very little interruption when I get hit.  I was wearing the best stuff I could find but still its quite strange and unrealistic. I havent had this problem combating other groups.  Maybe peasants need some stat upgrading or tuning?
i think its something to do with their weapons

Sorry , i'm new of the forum, and I speak english bad, but i have a question:
How I can train wessex thegn and other wessex units??

Ross89 said:
Sorry , i'm new of the forum, and I speak english bad, but i have a question:
How I can train wessex thegn and other wessex units??
some of the troops can only be recruited in taverns.  lad there, upstairs in the tavern will tell you something.
talk to him for the second time and hell provide troops.

Although they make it easy to distinguish between factions, I don't really like the colour coded sheilds, as wessex troops look like an advertisement for McDonalds. I would like to see more historically accurate shield designs in the future and would be happy to assist if I can work out how to.

some of the troops can only be recruited in taverns.  lad there, upstairs in the tavern will tell you something.
talk to him for the second time and hell provide troops.
[/quote]

Thank you very much

Troop Trees for the factions would be nice.

Imagine my suprise when looking over the map, what do I find? Only that my hometown and the town where I'm in now, is included in the mod, albeit as a small village! Quite Surprising for me.

Love the new towns and and large number of npc's around to give quests and such.  Best I've seen on that front.  Not a big fan of too many party npcs but they do have unique personalities which is interesting.  Only thing I don't like is it seems like there are vast expanses of empty space with little in between.  Would be nice to see some large roving masses of humanity to add to the atmosphere.

Darkslayer

Charidemus said:
Leggeron said:
i think its something to do with their weapons

Still, being mobbed like that should get you in very bad trouble even if you were wearing full plate and they were barehanded.

Man, I just started playing (finals being done and whatnot), and man, I love it. I've been destroying peasants with my archers. In one battle, my 12 or so archers destroyed 26 priests and peasants before they got within 100ft of us.

I love it. :grin:

Markus: 'Nuff respec'.  :wink:

You've totally surpassed Native M&B in terms of immersion in and credibility of the story. The new town scenes, eg Lundene are fantastic and you can really believe they are cities and not tiny back-waters as in Native.

The diversity of missions, troops & NPCs is breathtaking.

Native has never been very strong on details (IMO), so the attention to them in your mod really stands out.

I'm spell bound! Great Job!

I do of course have a couple of minor suggestions:
1. In lundene, would it be possible to reduce the distance between the character spawn point and trainer & arena blokes? Running through the city is fun, but a pain when trying to get through all the training missions or pick up winnings.
2. Position of  certain named settlements on the world map is not "accurate" -i know this is minor and has been already raised, but High Wycombe (or its Saxon spelling) should be near Lundene -in fact most of the settlements in the west-country are a bit jumbled up. I assume this was done knowingly for game balance.
3. There really is a lot of walking and not much happening on the map. Its good that it's huge, and I like the high number of caravans moving through it. I look forward to the inclusion of 0.95's lordly warbands in the mod for 1.0 (hoping to go you make one!).

Back
Top Bottom