Mount & Blade: Warband version 1.172 patch - HD Textures (released!)

Users who are viewing this thread

UPDATE: This is now released on Steam and on our site, over on the Warband Downloads Page - it'll hit GOG in a few hours. :smile:

wb_hd_tex_patch_news_v4.jpg

Hi all!

We're pushing out the HD Texture pack from the console version to Windows, macOS and Linux today. The majority of textures aren't actually affected, so you probably won't feel a major change, however the UI and initial loading screen are among the changes, which does make it feel a bit brighter, when launching the game!

If you have any problems with the patch at all, you might want to try lowering your texture resolution in the options menu. Alternatively, to completely reverse the effects of the patch, navigate to your Mount & Blade: Warband folder ("browse local files" on Steam) and simply delete or rename the folder "TexturesHD".

Thanks all!

Frank/Lust

It's been pushed into a beta on Steam for now, just so that you can have some immediate access and check it hasn't affected you in any negative way. The access code is "betapassword". If you're not sure where to enter that, check the guide here, or just wait for this evening. :smile:

Sorry we took a while to bring the update over to PC but we're very pleased to provide the textures, as justice for our long-term core audience! If you have any comments, please feel free to post in the thread here.

Non-Steam and GOG versions should come out today, in-time with the full release on Steam.

But... but Bannerlo..^#{[}-

Okay this seems good. It's nice to see that you still support Warband.
Will you continue to do stuff like this until Bannerlord?

Afa Potter said:
But... but Bannerlo..^#{[}-

Okay this seems good. It's nice to see that you still support Warband.
Will you continue to do stuff like this until Bannerlord?
This is a unique case. The textures weren't created from scratch but just brought in from files that we had during Warband's development.

We'll always support Warband, where it makes sense for us to do so.

I guess there are still some folks playing warband with no overhaul mod. Folks plural. Two people or so. Maybe.

:party: :cool:    << (that's them)

baca said:
What textures did actually change? And does it only affect Native or things like PW as well?
You can find the changes in the "TexturesHD" folder mentioned in the OP. It's not a huge amount, so don't expect too much!

It will affect any mod that uses the textures... PW for example *does* use a lot of Native textures, I believe. You'll probably get some benefit from the horses and ground textures but as mentioned, it's not an earth-shaking change.

They were always there.

By the way, can anyone take some screenshots of various stuff in Warband? I just want to see what to expect, but currently I don't have the internet speed to download the patch.

The Bowman said:
They were always there.

By the way, can anyone take some screenshots of various stuff in Warband? I just want to see what to expect, but currently I don't have the internet speed to download the patch.

The only difference I have noticed is that the menus and dialogue windows look a bit brighter.(Which, by the way, made me turn down the gamma, because it actually looked worse than before) But I don't think you'll notice any real difference in actual gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom